Author Topic: EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."  (Read 119823 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2007, 09:40:39 AM »
I am a long time lurker and I must say you guys are AWESOME!!  Normally I have nothing to add when it comes to spoilers but I was on the Watch with Kristin website reading the thread about the Amazing Race and a woman on there said she knew someone that helped the contestants when they were in Guam I wrote her and asked for any info  and this is what she wrote back

"I'd be happy to share what I know with you, and you can pass it on if you want.
A friend of mine was selected to be a driver for the teams that came to the naval base. The Beauty Queens were the first to arrive at the base, and this is who my friend drove. I believe they were the first to finish here as well. I have no idea whether all the teams came to the naval base or if they had the choice to go to the air force base. From the previews for next week, I'm pretty sure that Eric & Danielle also came to the naval base, and the Charla & Mirna were at the Air Force Base. The challenge on the Naval base involved a run through a jungle, and a short helicopter ride, I think. The challenge at the Air Force base, is part of a toy drop that Guam participates in every December, where they fly donated toys to nearby islands. I really have no idea how any of them did overall here. Hope this helps a little! "

I don't know if this helps at all.  I am also going to write her back and see if she has any times.

mrspreacher, thanks, AND welcome to RFF! Everybody here is awesome and we have one of the greatest mods in the world (puddin)!

That is very interesting. Is anybody else beginning to think that the spoiler saying that Charla and Mirna had a huge lead might have been incorrect?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2007, 09:43:55 AM »
Oh boy does that ever help us out mrspreacher  :jumpy: ! Thank you so much for sharing  :yess:
:welcome2: to the forum  :waves:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2007, 09:47:10 AM »
 :welcome: Hi MrsPreacher, thanks for sharing. I would guess, then, that the jungle walk is in the central or southern part of the island. It's a popular training program; I found this page (source) from an AF gallery about jungle training.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2007, 10:13:16 AM »
MrsPreacher!  :welcome2:

What wonderful information--thank you SO much for sharing! It has been hard to sort out exactly "who went where when" so this is a tremendous help and will give us lots to work on!  :thankyou:

Would your contact have only driven the BQ's while on the Naval Base? If responsible for them the whole time, is it possible she would have taken them here? This is a location puzzle for us!  Here is an email link you can send her (borrowed from puddin  ;)http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/rawalsh/TAR11/ep12/22Apr0036.jpg

And will we see her on TV next week?

Thanks so much again! And no more lurking--please stay and play! :gj:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2007, 10:33:37 AM »

It looks like Dani is holding a Roadblock clue based upon the red part of the clue that you can barely make out in this vidcap.  So it looks like the search at the Navy base is the Roadblock.  That leaves the christmas drop and the vomit comet tasks.  Are those the Detour choices?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2007, 11:14:11 AM »
YAYYYY Video

my photobucket for EP12
after show preview here and and web promo here.
You can attach pictures if you want but its just as easy to right click the [ img ] code and paste.

VO: Amazing Race Sunday! Oswald & Danny are fan favorites, can they recover from last place?
Oswald: we are the masters of our destiny, hopefully were going in the right direction..
VO: will Charla & Mirna make it to the final 3?
Charla conf: to win the Amazing Race, you have to be tough!
VO: and, has Danielle finally reached the breaking point?
Danielle: I'm have no idea what I'm doing right now?? I want to stop doing this *sob*
VO: Sunday, one of these 4 teams will be eliminated
Dustin: this is sort of do or die for us, you win or you go home
VO: New Amazing Race Sunday..

« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 12:28:34 AM by puddin »

Offline mrspreacher

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2007, 11:31:27 AM »
The girl I talked to is married to a man in the military.  They have been in Guam for three years.  Her friend is the one who drove the BQ's around.  I wrote and asked her if she could give me any information and be as specific as possible.  I will let ya'll know what she tells me.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2007, 11:35:36 AM »
Thanks again MrsPreacher! That will be great!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2007, 11:42:42 AM »
Pitstop?

Detour option wash a Jet or whatever?

What the Hell? intro flash? Future?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 11:48:14 AM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2007, 12:11:26 PM »
 :wohoo: It's "Flipper"   :jumpy: :hearts: :happy: :snicker: :lol: :rotf: ;D :groan: (:;) ??? :o :-\

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2007, 12:17:48 PM »
What the hell is our Zanzibar boat--in the same category as the Mt, the xylophone, the Dolphin maybe.(it's Philpper!)

Okay--we have Charla, Oswald, and Dani for sure doing the Roadbock. What are they holding? A walkie talkie or a GPS?

Detour: teams in yellow have wet face masks and a big brush--cleaning a jet is probable. (Does Eric have a big moouthful of water in that one shot? :lol:)

Others: Christmas drop--we only see Ch/M--the other Detour?

Helicopter: I think this shot shows a military person guiding a team member out to the heli--
does only one person go? Does this have to do with the pallets we saw before dangling from the heli?

Is this Dustin??    Teletubbies?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2007, 12:43:34 PM »
 :groan:  Third times the charm.   :-\  There are dolphins (Philpper?) near Guam.   :angel:

http://www.clickguam.com/guam/option/e_dolphin.htm

...hey, if not here, then we still have Hawaii...  :lol3:

What are they holding? A walkie talkie or a GPS?

I'm guessing GPS.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 12:46:57 PM by Boingo »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2007, 12:56:01 PM »
Heh --but my people   wrote the book!   :lol3:

Sadly, it does look like no time this week either for Philpper--but "we'll always have Hawaii"! ;D

Who knew Boingo and I had a single track brain?? :lol3: very scary for Boingo, I'm sure!! now off to check on Antarctica... ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2007, 01:00:29 PM »
GPS

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2007, 01:06:30 PM »
What's with the PRE-confessional? D/K say in the video of them in our mystery field that it is either win or go home---I've been thinking that was the Pitstop confessional all along but sounds like when there are four teams still...

And I guess with MrsPreachers info and apskip's flight info it is safe to discount foxburn's info now? A huge Ch/M lead doesn't seem in the cards...

puddin--have you tried to reach chevy again??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2007, 01:08:55 PM »
peach  a lot of the times the teams recall what happened in a leg, so that could be taken out of context, for example "We were really bitchy today because it's either win, or go home"

I think we should (temporarily) discount foxburn's info for now, until we can analyze the preview a little more, or here from MrsPreachers friend what time Dustin and Kandice were at the Road Block, which I am assuming comes first in this leg.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2007, 01:12:58 PM »
What's with the PRE-confessional? D/K say in the video of them in our mystery field that it is either win or go home---I've been thinking that was the Pitstop confessional all along but sounds like when there are four teams still...

And I guess with MrsPreachers info and apskip's flight info it is safe to discount foxburn's info now? A huge Ch/M lead doesn't seem in the cards...

puddin--have you tried to reach chevy again??
umm I beleive the BQ's are  talking about being in the final 3? and the Cha's are giving their goodbye confessional? Didn't we already decide that?
and peach..the helicopters and Roadblock go together. And no to the chevy thing ..he knows where we are if he wants to post  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2007, 01:24:33 PM »
I think we have two helicopter thingys--maybe?

This one (short ride??Blackhawk?) which matches the original screencap

and the other screencap one with the pallet--or are they the same??

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 03:03:28 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »
The exact quote from the BQ's Is "This is do or die for us--either you win or you go home."

It just sounded odd--either you win or you lose would suggest finale...if you win you all go home....
The other sounds like final 4 still to me which is why I asked. Up till I heard that I was totally convinced that all the in the "field of gold" shots were Pitstop confessionals--it just made me think.

Probably just thinking too much! :lol:

From earlier:
Okay I've been poking around both the naval base and the airforce base looking for anything to do with zero gravity flights.

The KC-135 Stratotanker is the plane used some years ago for zero-gravity flight training.
I eventually was able to place one of those at AAFB, but can find no mention of any zero-gravity training.  Wonder if this is just exaggeration? They might get to do some kind of jet flight but...
now i wonder if this refers to the helicopter and was just an exaggeration?

Patriotism could be any of them.
Feelings of sadness--I know many think it is Dani but I think it is Charla--I'll bet she is doubting her abilities to run after Mirna has put her down so much.
Go faster? Well I'd say Eric but he'll be on the ground --so Dustin?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 02:58:38 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2007, 04:07:36 PM »
Yippee!  :jumpy: This is the War of Pacific Historical Park. I looked for it after hakushu8's lead back on page 2. Thanks hakushu8!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:18:24 PM by supsandalee »

Offline hakushu8

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »
Awesome work on contacting Mr. Weber, apskip! :happy:

And yay for previews! :wohoo:

The Chas leave the Guam airport at dawn, so there should be hours of operation in their first task... probably the one in AAFB. Although we don't really know how early chevy saw them doing something there.

And from apskip's flight info he posted long ago, would this be their flight itinerary?

...CEBU AIR 119 to MNL 1940 to 2140, then CO934 MNL to GUM 2310 to 0440...

If only there is a clearer shot of this one... Never mind... good find sups!  :happy: That should be the Asan Bay Overlook. Well one less trip for me later on.  ;D

eta: Forgot to add in a picture of the Guam airport. The facade is shaped like a latte stone, prominent in Chamorro culture. The one with the Chas has the message "We Support our Troops" in a banner across the hemispherical cap.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:38:06 PM by hakushu8 »
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2007, 04:41:51 PM »
Good job you two!!  :jumpy:
I hate hours of operation  :knuckles: .. the Cha's should be behind the other teams at least an hour and a half from the time they leave the Taipa Macau pitstop. I guess thats why they were seen with Phil at the Ferry?

Offline hakushu8

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2007, 04:47:28 PM »
This picture... are they running to the pitstop? Or are those detour clues in Mirna's hands?

just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2007, 04:50:56 PM »
I zoomed in on it and It looks like a detour clue to me...Look at Mirna's pouch, is there a roadblock clue sticking out of it, or is that part of her shirt?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2007, 04:59:12 PM »
Hakushu8 --your instincts were right! Fabulous job!

And a wonderful match on the pic sups!

Here's the Interactive map of where they are:

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 05:03:29 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule: