Author Topic: EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."  (Read 119821 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."
« on: April 16, 2007, 03:20:49 PM »
my photobucket for EP12
after show preview here and and web promo here.

Yigo, Guam (12/15- 12/16)

chevy posted on posts on Dec 16th( was on Guam for business this week ):I heard about the Amazing Race All Stars. As it turns out that I was on Guam for business this week and got to see a few of the All-Star teams complete in some challenges. For the sake of integrity, I won't mention what teams I saw but I did get to see them do the road blocks. It was interesting to see the behind the scenes part of it all just for a few minutes of footage. They did their competition on the AF base there and it was pretty cool. We were not allowed to take pictures for obvious reasons. I can't wait to see the episodes air in Feb to see how it turns out.
chevy at outsports.com posts:
You will be surprised on who the final 4 will be. I had the opportunity to see all 4 teams in action during a stop in Guam in Dec. IT was very interesting to see what goes behind the filming. It will be interesting to see what actually makes it on TV. They probably filmed for a couple of hours to get just a few minutes of final footage. When the epsiode airs, I will give you more of my take on the "realism" of the tasks accomplished

^^^ Charla/Mirna were first with (again) a huge lead Eric/Danielle were next followed by...BQ's and...Cha Cha Chas's ( from what he wrote to Brad/foxburns )

Babalu's sister : sees U/J the Chas & Guidos on the flight from Guam to Honolulu on Friday Dec 15th
LiquidSapphire /AFB reports : the demanding blonde's and other contestants on DEC 16th on flight to Narita and then Honolulu.
*Reports at AFB they saw Uchenna & Joyce the Guidos and Dec 15th but missed Phil @ CO's counter checking on for the flight to Nagoya/Honolulu.

Amazing Race Visits Guam
PNC Staff Reporter 16.DEC.06
10:22am Look out for a Guam stop in next season’s “The Amazing Race”. Guam was paid a visit by competitors of that reality TV show.
Guam was apparently a stop, and competitors were on Andersen Air Force, being filmed. The Pacific News Center contacted Air Force Officials, who confirmed the film crew was on base, but could not comment any further.

source PNC

tvguide.com
4/29/07 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1112)
Episode Detail: Amazing Race: All-Stars - Amazing Race: All-Stars
The penultimate leg of the race. Phil Keoghan is the host.

Clues:
* While one team is overcome with feelings of patriotism at the U.S. military bases on Guam, one person is filled with sadness, beleiveing she'll be the reason for her teams demise.
* Marked for elimination, Oswald & Danny are forced to lay it all on the line. Will this fabulous duo rise to the occasion and make it to the final three?
* Not even the thrill of zero gravity can stop one racer from urging the crew of the plane to, race faster!

Press Release:
THE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE IS WITHIN REACH FOR THE FINAL FOUR TEAMS AND, FOR THE FIRST TIME IN RACE HISTORY, TWO ALL-FEMALE TEAMS VIE FOR SPOTS IN THE FINAL THREE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS," SUNDAY, APRIL 29
            "Oh My God, the Teletubbies Go To War" -- While in Guam, one Team is overcome by feelings of patriotism while visiting the U.S. military bases.  Not even the thrill of zero gravity can stop one Racer from urging the crew of the plane to race faster, on THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS, Sunday, April 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.   

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 01:52:40 AM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP12: (TBA) The penultimate leg of the race
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 11:37:45 PM »
If the D/O confessional is Guam, it must be on a different part of the island. Most of the pictures I've seen of AAFB (like here--look for "Yigo" pictures) make it look flat.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 12:11:41 AM »
I've been having a hard time getting in the base too Slowhatch, thought it would be easier to find personal albums but oh well  :snicker:

ANDERSEN AIR FORCE BASE, Guam -- F-15E Strike Eagles and a B-2 Spirit bomber fly in formation over the base

( Gman :naughty:   ;))

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 12:46:27 AM »
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 12:59:42 AM by puddin »

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 05:08:24 AM »
No dedications for me? :rotf:

Oswald/Danny were wearing the same clothes when they were in the KL airport. [/random]

Northern Guam has a higher population density than Southern Guam, so if this shot is from N. Guam, it would have to be taken somewhere where no one lives within, I'm guestimating a mile near a mountain. Could the picture most likely have been taken near a beach? I know that to access some of the remote beaches here on island, you have to go down a slopy road (the one going to Tanguisson beach near Two Lover's Point is a zigzag road), so most likely you would see a hill/mountain near the beach.

There is a beach at AAFB (as Gman pointed out in another thread) called Tarague beach. The picture could be from there, but I don't know. Or maybe Ritidian beach, which is on the northernmost point of Guam. Any resemblance with this huge limestone rock from that place?

Okay so since I've said that N. Guam is more populated than S. Guam, it could be that the picture is from S. Guam instead, and not necessarily near the beach. S. Guam has a lot of mountains; maybe mountain ranges is a better term, or maybe hills (compared to, I guess, what you guys have seen). The highest mountain of Guam is Mt. Lamlam, standing at 1334 ft. There are smaller ones near it, and the picture could be from any one of those. How about Mount Sasalåguan, near Inarajan?

This Saturday, I have some time to spare, so I guess I'll go to S. Guam, because I'm somehow certain that the picture of the Cha's confessional is from there. Oh, and I'll print out the picture too, and show it to some people there, cause they might tell me that they indeed saw the teams doing tasks there.  :happy:

Somehow it'll be a bit hilarious for me if the pit stop happened to be in a ranch.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 02:19:49 PM by puddin »
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 09:12:52 AM »
 ;D  OK, so I guess this stuff belongs here (copied from intro flash sequence thread)

Or, as peach suggested, the chopper could be a MH-60S Knighthawk used on Guam by the Helicopter Combat Support (HC) Squadron 5 (now called Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron TWO FIVE [HSC-25] ) .  They do a lot of "vertical lifting".

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 10:27:36 AM »
If I can find the time, I will try to find my old pictures from Guam (circa. 1982) including shots of AAFB, the hills and caves where the Japanese were holed up, beaches, etc.  They are buried somewhere. (Didn't have digital files in those days!)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 02:20:23 AM »
This morning Australia (and Guam) time I placed a call to Glenn Webber, Operations Supervisor of Northwest Airlines, to set up a meeting for Monday morning prior to my departure from Guam. He was not in today, but he will be in Monday. Unfortunately, it is not known if he will be there before 11am when I have to board. If I can meet with him I will. If not, I will have the basis for a call ocne I get back to the U.S.

Offline the_headcrusher

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • You flathead!
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 10:15:35 PM »
Just wondering, but would the colour of the grass indicate that it was autumn?   
I'm probably way off, but Mount Finansanta looks similar.
A good landing is one you can walk away from.  A great landing is one where they can use the plane again.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 10:55:39 PM »
 :hello2: :hithere: headcrusher!

That seems like a great lead!

Could you point me in the right direction for your pics of the MT please? For some reason, I'm thinking there is some airplane love going on here! :lol:

Hakekushu8--any luck in your explorings today?

Okay--looks like Mt. F is in the southwest--pretty far away from AAFB.

Headcrusher--they would have been doing tasks on 12/15.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 08:35:12 PM by puddin »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline hakushu8

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 02:02:59 AM »
Well, I drove around S. Guam yesterday without a camera, so no pics, sorry. Anyways, I enjoyed it, because it was only my second time driving around that place. I only stayed in the main roads: Rt.4 - Cross Island Rd., and Rt.17 which goes through the mountain ranges. I didn't really had enough time to explore the side roads, which would lead to places closer to the bottom of the mountain ranges and could also provide a view quite similar to the one the Chas were in. But most of those side roads go to private properties, (ranches, etc.) and I said, I really didn't have time to explore all of them.

So if you guys were to ask me where the Cha's confessional could have been, here are my picks:
  • Country Club of the Pacific - a golf course in Yona. I didn't get to go in, but I saw the same mountain contour that was in the background of the Cha's confessional. An aerial image here.
  • Talofofo Falls Park - accessed via Inarajan. Now I'm just guessing for this one. I didn't get to go in. (Expensive fee for a few minutes of perusing... no thank you!  ;D) I'm not sure if the same mountain contour is present in there, but yeah, just putting this here. An aerial image of the falls.
  • War in the Pacific National Historical Park - also known as Asan Beach Park in Asan, Guam. I lucked out with this one. See, I was only supposed to explore the southeastern part of Guam. But I went through Rt.17, and I didn't know it connected S.E and S.W Guam. :lol: So from Rt.17, I got to Rt.1 - Marine Corps. Drive, heading back home north. I glanced to the left, and I think I saw the same mountain contour (well, it's not really a mountain here) as in the Cha's confessional. I should have had stopped by and really check it out, but I didn't, and I think it was really something worthy to check out. Anyways, I think I could do it on Wednesday morning. Meanwhile, here's a link to a picture of the rock, I think. Asan Beach Park rock?

Sorry I couldn't post the pics directly here. Copyright issues.
just dance
~*~

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 02:08:11 AM »
Thank you SO much for doing all that--I was thinking about you today cause I wanted to go too!

Great info--we can start to play with that this week.

Don't worry about the pics--I'm learning about that too! :lol:

Is that Mt Finansata mentioned above a possibility in your mind?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline the_headcrusher

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • You flathead!
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 02:34:04 AM »
his personal link in his signature peach
HER personal link actually   ;D  After posting that I decided to edit my signature so I could shamelessly pimp out my pictures.   Sorry for the confusion  :-[
A good landing is one you can walk away from.  A great landing is one where they can use the plane again.

Offline hakushu8

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 09:33:06 AM »
Nice picture headcrusher  :tup:

Dec 15th/16th in the States is when they were in Guam
hakushu would know the weather better than any of us but this is what I dug up ...

I'm unsure but I think it was sunny. I was sick that day because of the intermittent rainfall earlier that week; same as in Hong Kong and Macau!. Oh, and it was also my finals, so I guess stress was a factor. [/rantdom]

I don't know about Mt. Finansanta, peach. If you look at the picture headcrusher has provided, there's a back mountain and a front mountain. Yeah, the area is quite mountainous, and I don't think there's any place in that area that is similar to the one found in the Cha's confessional picture, wherein the mountain has that slope going down to a flat area.
just dance
~*~

Offline the_headcrusher

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • You flathead!
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 06:16:19 PM »
Pilot? Photographer?  Both?

Both...sorta.  Student pilot, amateur photographer (better than being an amateur pilot and a student photographer I guess)

One thing that's bugging me about Mt. Finansanta.  The hiking site I found that picture at says it's a 6 hour, difficult, hike to the summit.  Would TPTB really set up a pit stop in rough terrain like that??

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 08:06:07 PM »
Video

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 08:08:20 PM »
If C/M have such a huge lead then why does the light at the confessionals that aired at the end of episode 11 all look about the same?

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 08:10:52 PM »
If C/M have such a huge lead then why does the light at the confessionals that aired at the end of episode 11 all look about the same?

The same way all confessionals in HK were at night and not all got to the pit stop at night.  And they dont have that huge of a lead, lol, it was only a few hours and given their track record who knows if they even keep that lead!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 08:11:20 PM »
Thank you  Rob :kissy:!

Plenty of afternoon light left?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 08:18:39 PM »

Phil: next week on the Amazing Race, Charla & Mirna team up with the United States airport to pull off a heroic relief mission.
Mirna: this is the best thing I've ever done in my entire life! I feel like Top Gun *highfive*
Danielle: I don't know what I'm doing..
Phil: and Danielle reach's the breaking point during the Roadblock
Danielle: I want to stop doing this right now..oh Godddd

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 11:30:08 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 08:24:02 PM »
It looks like they get to play loadmaster; I can't read the markings but it seems to be a C-17. I'm not sure how the helos fit in.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 08:34:22 PM »
D/O clothes at the end of episode 11 do not match the clothes they are seen wearing in the confessional we've had of them for a while now. The lighting in the BG shot of D/K and E/D looks virtually the same.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 09:05:49 PM »
Dustin: teams are holding nothing back now and I think even more on this next leg everyone is just going to be fighting their hearts out.
Eric: we have the abilities to win the million $$ we just gotta concentrate, focus and haul ass.
Oswald: Danny & I have gone through 13 years of ups and downs but I think ultimately you know its how your result of disagreements at the end that sets the strength of the relationship.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:46:24 PM by puddin »

Offline the_headcrusher

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • You flathead!
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 09:22:20 PM »
The aircraft sitting on the ramp is a Boeing C-17 Globemaster the aircraft taking off is a B-52.  I can also assure you that C/M are sitting inside of a C-17.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2007, 09:48:42 PM »
The aircraft sitting on the ramp is a Boeing C-17 Globemaster the aircraft taking off is a B-52.  I can also assure you that C/M are sitting inside of a C-17.

You beat me to it.  Certainly are the aircraft you mention.  The old B-52 is still flying and is older than most of the crew on board!