Author Topic: EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."  (Read 119837 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2007, 10:56:23 AM »
 ;D Everything you ever wanted to know about Guam.   :snicker:

Franko's Guide Map of Guam

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2007, 12:01:16 PM »
Watch the car go behind D/O

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2007, 01:45:46 PM »
 :lol: Okay--I get that there may be a road there--but what and where am I looking in Ep8 for??  :lol:

And don't we usually get a promo today? ??? I was ready!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2007, 01:47:43 PM »
:lol: Okay--I get that there may be a road there--but what and where am I looking in Ep8 for??  :lol:

And don't we usually get a promo today? ??? I was ready!

It's where you can view the Cha's confessional at about :55. And no, the promo is late again like last Monday we didn't get it unill Tuesday for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 02:18:32 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2007, 02:00:41 PM »
Thank you ma'am!

(I still can't believe you saw that tiny little car!)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2007, 02:48:17 PM »
That "zero gravity" stuff makes me think of the Vomit Comet.

Okay I've been poking around both the naval base and the airforce base looking for anything to do with zero gravity flights.

The KC-135 Stratotanker is the plane used some years ago for zero-gravity flight training.
I eventually was able to place one of those at AAFB, but can find no mention of any zero-gravity training.  Wonder if this is just exaggeration? They might get to do some kind of jet flight but...

And teletubbies? Possible reference to flight suits?

Darn it all--what use is it having an Admiral in the family if he's not around when you need him!

What is Danielle doing--some kind or orienteering/jungle training exercise?

I am going to give the girl some brownie points because she has definitely done the harder challenges for her team. I did wonder last week when Eric used what I think? was his last Roadblock if she shouldn't have done that one and left Eric for what was sure to be coming...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2007, 03:58:02 PM »
Webclues:

1. Definitely Charla and Mirna for the patriotism, Danielle for the fear of losing

2. They won't make the final 3!!

3. Either BQ's or C/M

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2007, 04:44:21 PM »
Thanks for that puddin. But now I'm unsure of the locations as you guys are... :groan:
Hopefully the web promo will be something helpful.
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2007, 06:09:32 PM »
Do we have a flight time line that might give C/M are possible lead, or are we thinking that their lead is due to excelling at a task?

read the thread, already posted here.
puddin
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 07:20:42 PM by puddin »

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2007, 07:35:56 PM »
I dont know if its been said but the Ozzy and Danny confessional at the end of the episode is from Leg 3 in chile where David and mary were eliminated NOT IN GUAM!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2007, 07:58:31 PM »
I dont know if its been said but the Ozzy and Danny confessional at the end of the episode is from Leg 3 in chile where David and mary were eliminated NOT IN GUAM!
We've been looking for that clip all day, lol.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2007, 08:12:34 PM »
Hello. I'm back from Australia. 24 hours and some minutes ago on Guam I met with  Northwest Operations Supervisor Glenn Weber (only one "b" is correct) and his lieutenant Marie Lizama (she actually wrote and sent out the blog in December about what happened on Dec. 15 and 16 that has made Glenn a TAR celebrity).  I had a 7.5 hour layover in Guam International Airport and Hakushu8, an RFF member who lives on Guam, graciously deferred to me on this.

MEETING WITH GLENN WEBER AND MARIE LIZAMA
Glenn is expecting to  become a local celebrity on Guam as soon as the relevant episode airs (usually within about 10 hours after U.S. East Coast due to time difference). He got a lot of camera time when the F3 teams booked their flights to Honolulu via Tokyo-Narita on the afternoon of Saturday Dec. 16. The previous day was a big day at Guam International Airport as Uchenna/Joyce, the Guidos and Danny/Oswald all departed with Phil on CO904 through Nagoya Japan to Honolulu. Glenn told me he got a brief opportuntiy to chat with Uchenna and Joyce. Dec. 16 had Glenn as the only NW individual on the 2 ticket counters, I believe by choice since he knew what would be happening. First up was Dustin/Kandice, who booked NW 81 mid-afternoon to Narita and NW10 from there to Honolulu. Charla/Mirna actually booked the same flights through Continental's ticket counter. Last was Eric/Danielle, who had run into a NW 747 pilot who convinced them to take the 20 minute later NW73 to Narita to get the comfort of the 747. After Dustin and Kandice heard about this, they decided to change their booking to do the same. The connect time to NW10 was still quite adedquate. Their production crew of cameraman and soundman just barely made it through customs with their equipment to get on the later flight.

TV cameras at the airport caused a great deal of interest from passengers and others at the airport on both days. Recently, the local CBS station on Guam has been showing short advertising clips of some of the local TAR11 action from military bases. Glenn has not been on with Andersen Air Force Base of the Naval Base, but recent info suggests that Andersen is where the action and filming took place. I had as a seatmate from Narita to Newark today a Naval person who was not aware of any rumors about TAR filiming at the Naval Station even though she was not there at the time.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 09:53:20 PM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2007, 08:19:59 PM »
Fantastic detective work apskips! And welcome back  :waves:
I wonder is that's was the teams arrival order at the pitstop? Dani really seems to be having a hard time with the Roadblock ..hmmm?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2007, 08:21:39 PM »
I could see Dustin passing Dee at the guam RB (due to her meltdown), but don't C/M have a big lead in Guam?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2007, 08:26:38 PM »
Apskip! Welcome home, you poor jetlagged soul! :lol:

That's a great detecting job for sure! You know the correct flights! :happy:

That was so nice of Glen et al  to meet with you too--thanks Glen!

Okay hakushu8--your task, if you choose to perform it is...

Watch some of those CBS clips--we need info!  Yaaayy! CLUES! :happy: :jumpy: :happy:

re C/M: sounds like they USED to have a lead....

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2007, 08:28:42 PM »
*refrains from being excited*

Awesome work apskip!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2007, 09:37:20 PM »
YEah, Apskip you just saved me from checking some flights for th elast episode.  Always a big thanks.

And it nails down the day as well, very cool, though we had a very solid idea of the date (based on the Guam spoiler and the flight with the eliminated teams.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2007, 10:24:07 PM »
I could see Dustin passing Dee at the guam RB (due to her meltdown), but don't C/M have a big lead in Guam?

Personally i think Charla and Mirna should come in first.  But they are terrible at keeping leads [Malaysia!].  And i have a question!! I believe there is a spoiler at some airport with "pushy blondes" where was that?  Cause from it the impression i got was they were first at the counter and the teams behind them made fun of them.  So if this was in Guam for the blondes to be first at the counter mean they were first to leave the pit stop?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2007, 10:29:20 PM »

Personally i think Charla and Mirna should come in first.  But they are terrible at keeping leads [Malaysia!].  And i have a question!! I believe there is a spoiler at some airport with "pushy blondes" where was that?  Cause from it the impression i got was they were first at the counter and the teams behind them made fun of them.  So if this was in Guam for the blondes to be first at the counter mean they were first to leave the pit stop?

That's what we were thinking asamber, but C/M booked their flight at a different ticket agent so they could very well be in first.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2007, 10:33:55 PM »

Heres the spoiler asamber.

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2007, 11:43:34 PM »
Wow, so if C/M come in first (or even D/K) then:

- Half the legs of this season would have been won by C/M or D/K (F/F teams)

- E/D will be the first team in the American version of TAR to have not won a previous leg and to win the finale. They'd be the second team into the F3 without a win under their belt (the first being Lyn and Karlyn last season).

P.S I know it's nothing but some random just wrote the order of finish at next week's pitstop on wikipedia (haha reliable) as C/M first, E/D 2nd, Chas 3rd and D/K last. Obviously they haven't been following the spoilers.

P.P.S Poor Dani.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2007, 12:24:49 AM »
great job apskip!

I just did a search on NWA for SAturady flights out of Guam (I did this for the future assuming saturday flights in the past few months haven't changed much)

These are the only two flights out of Guam that came up:

NW81
3:45pm Depart Guam (GUM)
6:40pm Arrive Tokyo (NRT)
Aircraft 757-200

AND

NW73
4:15pm Depart Guam (GUM)
7:00pm Arrive Tokyo (NRT)
Aircraft 747-200

Both of the flights can leave at either of these two times out of NRT:

NW10
8:30pm Depart Tokyo (NRT)
8:20am Arrive Honolulu/Oahu (HNL)

NW22
8:55pm Depart Tokyo (NRT)
8:45am Arrive Honolulu/Oahu (HNL)

also the two flights above out of NRT were the only flights on NWA to Honolulu that popped up.

I did find these flights out of Guam as well but they were on weekdays.
CO6
12:00pm Depart Guam (GUM)
2:45pm Arrive Tokyo (NRT)

CO10
4:35pm Depart Guam (GUM)
7:15pm Arrive Tokyo (NRT)

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2007, 12:36:38 AM »

I was just looking for flights from NRT to HNL leaving between 7:00PM and 8:30PM and the only flights that I can find are the following that leave at 7:00PM.  There is nothing later.  The next best flights are the NWA flights. 

UA880
7:00 pm Depart Tokyo (NRT)
Arrive Honolulu (HNL) 7:18 am

ANA7024

USAirways 6476

Therefore it looks all teams will be neck and neck going into HNL.  IF C/M are on that earlier flight into NRT, the gods would have to be shining on them brightly in order for them to try and change tickets and make a 7:00PM flight.  That would be amazing if it happened but I don't see it happening.  That's almost impossible! 

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2007, 01:16:49 AM »
Unfortunately Danielle, you were wearing too much gear, so I had to use your cheeks and forehead to get this time.

This shot was taken between 11:50 am and 12:50 pm (assumes December 15th)

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline mrspreacher

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2007, 09:36:07 AM »
I am a long time lurker and I must say you guys are AWESOME!!  Normally I have nothing to add when it comes to spoilers but I was on the Watch with Kristin website reading the thread about the Amazing Race and a woman on there said she knew someone that helped the contestants when they were in Guam I wrote her and asked for any info  and this is what she wrote back

"I'd be happy to share what I know with you, and you can pass it on if you want.
A friend of mine was selected to be a driver for the teams that came to the naval base. The Beauty Queens were the first to arrive at the base, and this is who my friend drove. I believe they were the first to finish here as well. I have no idea whether all the teams came to the naval base or if they had the choice to go to the air force base. From the previews for next week, I'm pretty sure that Eric & Danielle also came to the naval base, and the Charla & Mirna were at the Air Force Base. The challenge on the Naval base involved a run through a jungle, and a short helicopter ride, I think. The challenge at the Air Force base, is part of a toy drop that Guam participates in every December, where they fly donated toys to nearby islands. I really have no idea how any of them did overall here. Hope this helps a little! "

I don't know if this helps at all.  I am also going to write her back and see if she has any times.