Archive > The Amazing Race All Stars Spoilers/Speculation

EP12: "Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War."

(1/66) > >>

puddin:
my photobucket for EP12
after show preview here and and web promo here.

Yigo, Guam (12/15- 12/16)

chevy posted on posts on Dec 16th( was on Guam for business this week ):I heard about the Amazing Race All Stars. As it turns out that I was on Guam for business this week and got to see a few of the All-Star teams complete in some challenges. For the sake of integrity, I won't mention what teams I saw but I did get to see them do the road blocks. It was interesting to see the behind the scenes part of it all just for a few minutes of footage. They did their competition on the AF base there and it was pretty cool. We were not allowed to take pictures for obvious reasons. I can't wait to see the episodes air in Feb to see how it turns out.
chevy at outsports.com posts:
You will be surprised on who the final 4 will be. I had the opportunity to see all 4 teams in action during a stop in Guam in Dec. IT was very interesting to see what goes behind the filming. It will be interesting to see what actually makes it on TV. They probably filmed for a couple of hours to get just a few minutes of final footage. When the epsiode airs, I will give you more of my take on the "realism" of the tasks accomplished

^^^ Charla/Mirna were first with (again) a huge lead Eric/Danielle were next followed by...BQ's and...Cha Cha Chas's ( from what he wrote to Brad/foxburns )
Babalu's sister : sees U/J the Chas & Guidos on the flight from Guam to Honolulu on Friday Dec 15th
LiquidSapphire /AFB reports : the demanding blonde's and other contestants on DEC 16th on flight to Narita and then Honolulu.
*Reports at AFB they saw Uchenna & Joyce the Guidos and Dec 15th but missed Phil @ CO's counter checking on for the flight to Nagoya/Honolulu.
Amazing Race Visits Guam
PNC Staff Reporter 16.DEC.06
10:22am Look out for a Guam stop in next season’s “The Amazing Race”. Guam was paid a visit by competitors of that reality TV show.
Guam was apparently a stop, and competitors were on Andersen Air Force, being filmed. The Pacific News Center contacted Air Force Officials, who confirmed the film crew was on base, but could not comment any further.

source PNC
tvguide.com
4/29/07 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1112)
Episode Detail: Amazing Race: All-Stars - Amazing Race: All-Stars
The penultimate leg of the race. Phil Keoghan is the host.
Clues:
* While one team is overcome with feelings of patriotism at the U.S. military bases on Guam, one person is filled with sadness, beleiveing she'll be the reason for her teams demise.
* Marked for elimination, Oswald & Danny are forced to lay it all on the line. Will this fabulous duo rise to the occasion and make it to the final three?
* Not even the thrill of zero gravity can stop one racer from urging the crew of the plane to, race faster!

Press Release:
THE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE IS WITHIN REACH FOR THE FINAL FOUR TEAMS AND, FOR THE FIRST TIME IN RACE HISTORY, TWO ALL-FEMALE TEAMS VIE FOR SPOTS IN THE FINAL THREE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS," SUNDAY, APRIL 29
            "Oh My God, the Teletubbies Go To War" -- While in Guam, one Team is overcome by feelings of patriotism while visiting the U.S. military bases.  Not even the thrill of zero gravity can stop one Racer from urging the crew of the plane to race faster, on THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS, Sunday, April 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.    

Slowhatch:
If the D/O confessional is Guam, it must be on a different part of the island. Most of the pictures I've seen of AAFB (like here--look for "Yigo" pictures) make it look flat.

puddin:
I've been having a hard time getting in the base too Slowhatch, thought it would be easier to find personal albums but oh well  :snicker:

ANDERSEN AIR FORCE BASE, Guam -- F-15E Strike Eagles and a B-2 Spirit bomber fly in formation over the base

( Gman :naughty:   ;))

puddin:
Another view and map.

Satellite map

hakushu8:
No dedications for me? :rotf:

Oswald/Danny were wearing the same clothes when they were in the KL airport. [/random]

Northern Guam has a higher population density than Southern Guam, so if this shot is from N. Guam, it would have to be taken somewhere where no one lives within, I'm guestimating a mile near a mountain. Could the picture most likely have been taken near a beach? I know that to access some of the remote beaches here on island, you have to go down a slopy road (the one going to Tanguisson beach near Two Lover's Point is a zigzag road), so most likely you would see a hill/mountain near the beach.

There is a beach at AAFB (as Gman pointed out in another thread) called Tarague beach. The picture could be from there, but I don't know. Or maybe Ritidian beach, which is on the northernmost point of Guam. Any resemblance with this huge limestone rock from that place?

Okay so since I've said that N. Guam is more populated than S. Guam, it could be that the picture is from S. Guam instead, and not necessarily near the beach. S. Guam has a lot of mountains; maybe mountain ranges is a better term, or maybe hills (compared to, I guess, what you guys have seen). The highest mountain of Guam is Mt. Lamlam, standing at 1334 ft. There are smaller ones near it, and the picture could be from any one of those. How about Mount Sasalåguan, near Inarajan?

This Saturday, I have some time to spare, so I guess I'll go to S. Guam, because I'm somehow certain that the picture of the Cha's confessional is from there. Oh, and I'll print out the picture too, and show it to some people there, cause they might tell me that they indeed saw the teams doing tasks there.  :happy:

Somehow it'll be a bit hilarious for me if the pit stop happened to be in a ranch.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version