Author Topic: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."  (Read 228454 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."
« Reply #650 on: April 22, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
That's what I think too--as ABSOLUTELY stupid two NEL's back-to-back would be or even a TBC with a MFE in place. Stupid CBS!

Although I don't quite understand how a MFE and a TBC would work--do you just take it with you ?

Time for a break--the more I think the worse it gets!

Actually having a non elimination before a TBC leg isn't hard to do.

It again just means as Phil's say's that a team must arrive at the Pit Stop in first place or take a 30 minute penalty before checking in.

Which in Episode terms lets pretend it happens and episode 10 was the non elimination leg and Eric & Danielle get in last.

So episode 11 is the first part of a TBC leg.  Which doesn't end in a pit Stop just a notice either in person by Phil or by clue to keep racing.  End of episode.

Episode 12 would be the conclusion to the TBC leg and would end in a Pit Stop.  THat is where Eric & Danielle would need to arrive first or suffer the 30 minute penalty.

It would be harder and more stressful for the team marked for elimination, but I like it.  I have always argued (even for teams I like) that it shouldn't be easy to survivee in the race after a non elimination.  You should have to prove that you are good racers.

Now for the other situation, having 2 Non eliminations in a row, really except for one thing isn't difficult.

The only wrinkle in this one is what happens if you are the last team to arrive.  Do you get it with an hour penality for the next one (which I can leave with again, it shouldn't be easy), or is it basically a free pass to Eric & Danielle and they would really only have to worry about their placement in leg 12.  That to me is stupid and dumb.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #651 on: April 22, 2007, 05:39:39 PM »
Thanks mswood! I was wondering the same thing as G-man. I wonder if TPTB ever thought the same team could come in last twice in a row...

The sighting of the Cha's with Phil on 12/14 is very worrying re an elim in my mind. We know elim'd teams are travelling with production at this point, so that's an easy answer as to why they could be there. That plus the BQ's in a hotel room all suggest elim but TES info suggests not--so what to believe?? Maybe Phil was just running behind :lol: ...I think we are going to be surprised tonight!

Welcome Mich! :waves:
Hi, Where does it show D/O suited up for RB? And why do most everyone think D/E come in first? Couldn't whoever comes in after them take more than 30 minutes?
The suiting up was for the FF last week, not this week's RBlock--sorry to be confusing.
And if you want to know if you sent a PM--click on My messages--then out box and it should show you!

Great eye on that pic puddin--it really does look like the suits. And maybe the picture in the window is one of those souvenir pics "I survived the Tower" kind of thing.

And I think Dustin is praying "please don't yield us"...or maybe thank goodness I survived that!

I hope we have some things right and aren't completely bamboozled! Less than 2 hours to go and I STILL haven't made up my mind on who Yields who! Oh, well....listen for the screams coming from my house soon!

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #652 on: April 22, 2007, 05:53:20 PM »
I think that thing on the left is one of those scopes used on observation decks. This cap is from the tower's virtual tour.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #653 on: April 22, 2007, 06:06:05 PM »
If the yield is up on the observation deck it may all boil down to a foot race as to who gets there first--and E/D are fast...they just might not have had a lot of time to hang around and make deals ahead of time due to their later arrival at the Tower.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #654 on: April 22, 2007, 09:31:40 PM »
I have a new guess to make in this shot where Eric's bamboo is seen laid out on the table. 
For some reason, I just don't know why  :angel:,  the name Maplethorp keeps coming to mind.

Oh, the guess...yes, I think they have just started at their table and they are laughing at Charla & Mirna.  I think they were the victims of the yield.  In this case the effect of the Yield is going to be softened due to the one-at-a-time trickle of teams through the Roadblock.  Each team's Roadblocker will have to sit through a safety lecture, suit up, and carry out the task.  If it is done sequentially then the team that has to wait 30 min at the yield will be only a few minutes minutes behind the third team to complete the Roadblock.  It's a Yield followed by a bottleneck.  So the last in line is just about as worst off as the sandwatching yieldees.

HA !

Remember my prediction!    :happy:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #655 on: April 22, 2007, 09:39:48 PM »
Thanks Chateau --I stuck with you across the boards and now I'm a happy girl!   :hfive: :hfive:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 22, 2007, 09:44:58 PM »
 :ninja

I had a gut feeling that D/K would come in first this week!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #657 on: April 22, 2007, 09:55:45 PM »
OK we all have got this out of our system; everyone did good.  And Michael must be a happy fella with his gals in first place. But the poor dears never win something exotic like a trip to paradise (maybe with Michael as guide); they just win stuff.

D/O's lack of a sense of direction came home to haunt them again.  They were at the boat dock but couldn't remember how they got there when they had to return again with the drum etc. Not too bright.  Now they will be running behind on the leg to Guam, but most likely a bunch up so everyone gets on the same flight.  Not too many I would think between Hong Kong and Guam.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #658 on: April 22, 2007, 10:02:07 PM »
You did GREAT Chateau  :hearts: :jam:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 22, 2007, 10:09:08 PM »
You did GREAT Chateau  :hearts: :jam:

Yeah, you did!  :wohoo:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #660 on: April 22, 2007, 10:15:14 PM »
Am I the only one who knew as soon as the "previously on the amazing race" that D/O were the YIELDERS this leg, because all the focus on them having no money?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #661 on: April 22, 2007, 10:18:35 PM »
Yeah they were hinting towards that Michael..and now that the episode is over I don't feel as much love for the Cha's as in the past and am glad they don't make the final 3. Sorry to the Cha fans  :waves:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 22, 2007, 10:20:08 PM »
I have to say, I wasn't much of a cha fan this season either, I mean, in TAR2 I loved them, but this season I just found them SLIGHTLY annoying....still would have liked them in the F3 a long with Dustin and Kandice.

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #663 on: April 22, 2007, 10:21:54 PM »
Am I the only one who knew as soon as the "previously on the amazing race" that D/O were the YIELDERS this leg, because all the focus on them having no money?

Bull****. You were saying all along that EDEE and the Yield Queens would make a deal and that they would be the most hated teams in TAR history.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #664 on: April 22, 2007, 10:40:57 PM »
I have to say, I wasn't much of a cha fan this season either, I mean, in TAR2 I loved them, but this season I just found them SLIGHTLY annoying....still would have liked them in the F3 a long with Dustin and Kandice.

Why?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 22, 2007, 10:44:32 PM »
Why would I like them in the F3 along with D/K?
I don't know exactly, but I think the best F3 would be D/K, D/O, E/D - one type of each kind of team (ff, mm, mf)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #666 on: April 22, 2007, 10:57:45 PM »
Why?

Because they are funny, they make me smile, they are unfailing kind and polite to the people they meet along they way (rare taxi driver excepted  ;)), they clearly appreciate the race and take time to enjoy the places and the people along the way, they never would dream of degrading each other and rarely (maybe twice this whole race?) even became irritated with each other, and did I mention they make me happy? Nice people that I would love to welcome into my life.

Plus there is the whole I want to be BFF with Oswald  :luvu:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 22, 2007, 10:59:46 PM »
I noticed that D/K and D/O race similarly, they both rarely lose patience with each other and seem to support each other regardless of what is happening. C/M and E/D have more of a "real" situation in my opinion because I know if I were on the race I wouldn't be able to keep my cool under such stressfull situations!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #668 on: April 22, 2007, 11:06:29 PM »
Why?

Because they are funny, they make me smile, they are unfailing kind and polite to the people they meet along they way (rare taxi driver excepted  ;)), they clearly appreciate the race and take time to enjoy the places and the people along the way, they never would dream of degrading each other and rarely (maybe twice this whole race?) even became irritated with each other, and did I mention they make me happy? Nice people that I would love to welcome into my life.

Plus there is the whole I want to be BFF with Oswald  :luvu:
lol i didn't ask you  :lol:

Where is Triho de Taipa pequena 2000? Google isn't picking it up?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #669 on: April 22, 2007, 11:22:26 PM »
This is all I could find (source). With a little work I might be able to reconcile it with GE.
Taipa Island′ s two highest hills, Taipa Grande and Taipa Pequena, are circled by nature trails which provide panoramic views of the entire Macau area. The Taipa Grande trail is reached by way of a short paved road off the Estrada Colonel Nicolau de Mesquita, near the United Chinese Cemetery. Adjacent to the trail on the east side of Taipa Grande, near the airport, is the Taipa Grande Nature Park. The Taipa Pequena trail can be accessed from the Estrada Lou Lim Ieoc, behind the Regency Hotel. Bicycles for touring the islands are available from a rental kiosk near the bus stop adjacent to Museum of Taipa and Coloane History in Taipa Village.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #670 on: April 22, 2007, 11:36:50 PM »
Thank you Slowhatch  :kissy:

I was trying to match this up

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #671 on: April 23, 2007, 12:01:57 AM »
There are two hills in Taipa, and according to this map Pequena is the one on the left; the pitstop should be somewhere in this park.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #672 on: April 23, 2007, 12:10:43 AM »
Oh it really is a small Island! The confessional could be new but doesn't look like Guam, to me anyway  ??? I guess I have to check all the Cha confessionals again or just wait for tomorrow to see if any more chats are put up on cbs.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #673 on: April 23, 2007, 12:15:41 AM »
some pictures

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #674 on: April 23, 2007, 12:19:25 AM »
Anyone with good res theres a good shot of Erics watch if someone could grab it?