Author Topic: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."  (Read 229894 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."
« Reply #550 on: April 21, 2007, 01:16:51 AM »
Great job on the pier! I'll bet that is it--where the cars are could be the cross walk--those square bumper guards could be what we have been calling the trangular thing...

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline rottenchestnut

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #551 on: April 21, 2007, 01:19:11 AM »

Not at the A-Ma Temple, I think. The building behind looks too run down to be near any place of attraction. Yet I can't find many other wavy patterns on Google Earth. *tears hair* Hunch tells me it's not on the mainland part of Macau, but I don't know if I can trust it!

The Dustin praying cap is on the Nam Van Lake side of the Macau Tower, which is strange since it is on the opposite side of the tower as the entrance, and doesn't actually lead anywhere. Is Dustin waiting for Kandice to jump off the tower, and praying for her safety?

OK, now that I'm temporarily out of my coma, here's my take on the "wavy" street.  After seeing the actual clip, C/M appear to be on a large square, and you can see a corner of a raised (platform?) or something in the square before they cut away.  From what I've read, the "wavy" pattern extends all the way up to the Ruins of Sao Paulo.  My guess is that TAR will at least visit the sacred facade during the episode, if only to get a clue.  It is, after all, the symbol of Macau.  Note Charla is pointing up, maybe in anticipation of climbing the stairs to the ruins (like in Malaysia).  Or, maybe not.   :groan:   Oh, wait, I may be slipping back into my coma again....yes, I feel sleepy.....sleepy......  ;D

What do you all think if I say it could be just after C/M completed their noodle task? The 2-storey building looks like some shophouses that is also typical in Macau. The window also looks like the one on E/D pic.  B:)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 21, 2007, 01:24:35 AM »
That could be it! Which also means they aren't there at the night so they might not be as far behind as I thought they were! YAY!  :ninja

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #553 on: April 21, 2007, 01:26:47 AM »
Just checked the windows --sadly I think they are different...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline rottenchestnut

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #554 on: April 21, 2007, 01:30:51 AM »
Although it looks dark inside but the sunlight is not strong during Dec most of the time. So I bet it's not night time when teams are doing the noodle task. These type of shophouses tend to be dim, so they need to switch on light.  :wohoo:
See the window on the right side, it looks like the one behind E/D.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #555 on: April 21, 2007, 01:45:11 AM »
..agreeing with peach

Offline rottenchestnut

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #556 on: April 21, 2007, 01:48:54 AM »
 :groan:

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #557 on: April 21, 2007, 11:45:33 AM »

I haven't gone through and counted, but it seems to me that there a several pics of C/M in the rain.  Doesn't seem like the others are in the rain but it also seems like most pics of others are under cover or inside.

Could the person who posted the daily weather for a past day post for this day in Macau?  Would it have been 12/13 for sure?

I don't think BQ or E/D actually got rained on enough to get their clothes wet.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 21, 2007, 11:47:40 AM »
That is why I think the BQs are ahead of C/M at the detour, because in the shot where you can see both teams, Mirna looks really wet, but D/K look dry...so DK and ED were probably there long enough to dry, while C/M might have just arrived.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #559 on: April 21, 2007, 12:01:21 PM »
Phil preview in hi-res   :ninja

Where Eric is running its raining, in the car shown with Dani/Eric its raining, when the Cha's are doing the Detour its raining,
Charla and Mirna's windshield wipers are on in the Moke scene etc....

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 21, 2007, 12:18:11 PM »
 :yess:
thanks for the hi-res puddin!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #561 on: April 21, 2007, 12:37:07 PM »

Where Eric is running its raining, in the car shown with Dani/Eric its raining, when the Cha's are doing the Detour its raining,

Interesting to note that the BQ's are working in the noodle factory at the same time that Charla and Mirna are.  But who is ahead?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #562 on: April 21, 2007, 12:37:43 PM »
no problem Michael and I just saw the pic in pic and it was all the same, nothing we haven't seen already.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 21, 2007, 12:53:44 PM »
gman at this point we are THINKING that D/K might be ahead of charla and mirna and we are not sure if ED are there at the same time. There is a shot of ED looking at something and laughing, which might be anohter team....but there has been no shot to actually prove that all three teams are there at the same time!

Aww, i was hoping the PIP would shed some new light!

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #564 on: April 21, 2007, 12:56:29 PM »
Interesting to note that the BQ's are working in the noodle factory at the same time that Charla and Mirna are.  But who is ahead?

D/K's noodle dough appears to be rolled out and Dustin may be measuring to cut it while Mirna is still working hard on her noodle.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #565 on: April 21, 2007, 01:01:52 PM »
Puddin,  Thanks so much for Hi Res.  I prefer using Real Player and I captured the screen (full screen) showing Mirna's watch at about 55 secs and it came up with RP frame and a black screen.

Can anyone play with this?  What I was trying to save showed Mirna's watch pretty good when the clue was given to C/M after Tower.  I had to replay and pause quite a few times to get it to stop at a good watch angle.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #566 on: April 21, 2007, 01:41:26 PM »
I tried to look at the watch's too but had no luck at guessing the times ..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #567 on: April 21, 2007, 01:53:32 PM »
makz3d  in realone..tools, preference, hardware, video card capability, lower preference to most reliable. In mediaplayer, tools options, performance, video acceleration, lower to none.

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #568 on: April 21, 2007, 02:16:45 PM »

Puddin  :hearts:  marry me? I swear this long distance relationship thing will work!

Anyhow, way to go to disregard the Chas in the preview CBS. OH WAIT! I saw them for .3 of a second!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #569 on: April 21, 2007, 02:50:22 PM »
 :waves: our toyrrus is a perfect match..

just for fun

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #570 on: April 21, 2007, 03:36:48 PM »
I’m going to put my bamboo out on the line and make some guesses:

Teams arrive in Macau in the order that they checked in at the Hong Kong pit stop (Chas, BQs, C&M, D&E).
They get their first clue there at the ferry terminal that warns of the Yield ahead.
They take rickshaws to the Macau Tower and the lead teams are held up by Hours of Operation.
BQs bribe Chas not to Yield them.
Chas do it anyway.
BQs are delayed by the Yield but still ahead of C&M and D&E.
Chas do the Drum Detour while all the other teams do Noodles
Teams arrive at and complete the Detours in the same order that they checked in at the Hong Kong pit stop.  Just that BQs are now just a little bit ahead of C&M.
Teams finish the episode in the same order that they started it (Chas, BQs, C&M, D&E).
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 21, 2007, 03:43:18 PM »
Chateau - if you think BQs get yielded how do you explain the "One time is shocked to discover that they are a victim of a surprising deal between the Beauty Queens and a certain other team" webclue?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #572 on: April 21, 2007, 03:57:37 PM »
I don't have a good explanation for that.  I was trying to create a mechanism for the closing of the time gap between BQs and C&M.  I'm definitely open for re-thinking this.

Please don't hurt my bamboo.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 21, 2007, 04:02:03 PM »
I think it's easy to explain C/M and D/K at the detour together. All teams will be bunched at the RB (tower jump), with D/O getting yielded, and then E/D, C/M, D/K all go to the detour at around the same time. That's my take anyways.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #574 on: April 21, 2007, 04:06:03 PM »
I guess it would be useful to know what the Hours of Operation are going to be. 

Will they be that 10:00 am  (I think someone posted) or will they be an earlier time that has been arranged by production?