Author Topic: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."  (Read 228840 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."
« Reply #400 on: April 19, 2007, 01:09:13 PM »
If Kandice does it that means she would have done the last three RB, AND she did the mysterious edited out RB in poland, because she was wearing a life jacket, so that would make her RB count 6...

EP3 - Fish, EP4 - Letters, EP7 - Edited out one, EP9 - Bike, EP10 - Kung-Fu, EP11 - Jump..

I don't think the deal would be D/K agreeing to let E/D go up first because why would they do that...if they are first in line already then they wouldn't have to worry about being yielded..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #401 on: April 19, 2007, 01:20:52 PM »
Okay so Dustin does it--maybe that's why she is praying!

And I think the BQ's could be making a deal to let E/D go first so they can get to the mat first and avoid the 30 minute penalty. As in "we don't have our yield anymore but if you'll yield ____________ (insert name) we will let you do the Roadblock first so you can get to the Mat and avoid the penalty". It isn't much of a deal if they still have to run around and do a Detour too--too many chances for trouble. And Jill said it was a "very smart" thing to do....

See?? That's why I think it is Yield>>Roadblock at the Tower>>Mat
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #402 on: April 19, 2007, 01:30:55 PM »
Sups your a riot  :lol3:!!
OK so maybe the tickets/Yield is after the Roadblock before the Detour?  :lol:
D/O & the BQ's should realistically be at the Towers first..followed by C/M & E/D.
Maybe..
:crazy

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #403 on: April 19, 2007, 02:36:09 PM »
 :lol:  FWIW, while we're all waiting for Sunday's episode, here's a comment from "Debbies" blog about her Macau Tower jump.

Ready, Set, Jump
Okay, now let's go jump off a building. Head towards Macau Tower, the tallest UFO-on-a-stick looking thing around. Starting in 2005, Macau Tower became the latest playground of bungee jumping pioneer AJ Hackett. Hackett installed the world's highest commercial decelerating-descent Sky Jump. (a.k.a a terrifying/peaceful cross between bungee jumping and skydiving) I suited up in LA prison break fluorescent orange and donned the suspiciously dainty carabiners (clips) that connect you to your lifeline- a super thick cable. Then I walked, smiling bravely, out onto a platform 233 meter in the air. My smile froze. It was really really really windy so everything sways- cable, platform, tower, you, and your innards. People down below look like ants. No . . . fleas. Below you are skyscrapers. Did you get that? BELOW you are skyscrapers. Anyway, I jumped. You free fall till the cable kicks in, and they pause you in midair to take a picture (would I make that up?!). You smile and give an obligatory "thumbs up," and then they drop you AGAIN. And you scream AGAIN. But this time you float Superman style, totally secured by your two-inch carabiners and your one-foot thick cable. Amazing. Afterwards, I did the Skywalk X, which I hasten to say is scarier than the jump. You walk around a circular platform with no railings, still 233 meter in the air, and do all sorts of daring tricks for your guide to take pictures of. The Skyjump costs $75. The Skywalk X costs only $25. Both include a photo and certificate of completion. Videos and t-shirst are available at extra cost. Macau Tower, Largo da Torre de Macau, Macau, SAR; Tel.: (853) 933 339, Email: info@macautower.com.mo.

:carryon:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 19, 2007, 02:39:16 PM »
Lookie:

It's like she went everywhere they are going in this episode  :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #405 on: April 19, 2007, 03:40:01 PM »
Lets try this again  :lol:

Something might equalize the teams  to bunch them up around the Ferry? Maybe they have to wait for HofOperation to get the clue that sends them to the ferry from HK to Macau?
After the ferry arrives in Macau, BQ's first ones off recieve a clue "warning Yield ahead", the Yield/Clue box is located in a store? gift shop? and has the DETOUR clue options in i? Maybe thsi is where the equalizer is? Waiting for the shop to open? Why are the teams just standing around the Ferry Terminal?
Anyway the BQ's already used their Yield but can be yielded again. They come up with a plan to Bribe Eric & Dee ...pretend they are " running like they are in last place" hoping that E/D are faster to the Yield/Detour clue ahead of C/M & D/O.
Whats in it for E/D? The BQ's perhaps tell them that if they both make it to the Pitstop at the same time they will let E/Dee step on ahead of them because of E/Dee's 30 minute penalty? But will the BQ's keep the dea or notl? hmmm, something tells me no. Eric doesn't like the Yield Queens for some reason?  :knuckles:
And perhaps C/M generous offer to O/D is that they won't Yield them? or might offer them some $$ ? Really I don't know?

Back to the Yield, lets say O/D are the team that are shocked that they have been Yielded by E/Dee.

E/Dee, C/M, BQ's proceed to the Rol Detour as O/D wait out the Yield.
We see at least 2 teams, BQ's & C/M together rolling noodles .. we can't see E/Dee, they might be there too? or could have already finished ( waiting for a higher resolution video to see if we can spot a work station being dirty but complete )
O/D on their way to their Detour option, Row now..

After the Detour teams get the clue that sends them to the Roadblock/ Towers. Maybe this is where they have to drive the funny cars?
All we see is Charla performing the RB but we could assume that its Danielle/Dustins/ & Oswald's? turns?

Who gets to the Roadblock first is unknown? Your guess is as good as mine but really feel that O/D are last to arrive at the pitstop whether it be a NEL or TBC ior some think a regular Elim is still in the air.

My guess
1st) E/Dee ( or second? 30 minute penalty)
2nd) BQ's ( but are they first because of E/Dees penalty?)
3rd) C/Mirna
Last) Oswald/Danny ( NEL )

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 19, 2007, 03:45:16 PM »
But will the BQ's keep the dea or notl? hmmm, something tells me no. Eric doesn't like the Yield Queens for some reason? 

That's what I'm thinking as well. Why does he still hate them if they held up their end of the bargain? The way I see it two things happen:

1. d/k just get to the pitstop first and don't wait for E/D
OR
2. BOTH E/D and D/K get to the pitstop first, and since E/D are faster(i think) Eric notices that D/K are trying to beat them to the mat, which pisses him off.

Maybe the teams are waiting in the ferry terminal for their boat to leave?

OH, and about their "racing like we're in last place" comment, I really think they are just referring to the remainder of the race, because when teams are in last place they generally try a lot harder to do well, so this doesn't really mean they came in first place in this leg, it just means they were not eliminated..which is pretty much known already.

Did Phil tell E/D that if they aren't first at the next pitstop they WILL be eliminated, beacause that would imply that this leg is an elimination, wouldn't it?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 03:51:14 PM by Michael D »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #407 on: April 19, 2007, 04:07:24 PM »
But when teams get the clue "caution yield ahead" the yield is always at the next place they go to right??? I don't ever remember teams being told yield ahead but the yeild didn't come until much later in the leg.  ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #408 on: April 19, 2007, 04:09:41 PM »
Good point.. making me do the homework Michael  :lol:?

Phil: Eric & Danielle, you are the last team to arrive .. the good new is this is a non- elimination leg and you are still in the race ..but there is some bad news ..unless you arrive at the next pitstop first you will incur a 30 minute penalty and ultimately that could mean that you are eliminated from the race, so you got work to do.

slide to near the end 4:20

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 19, 2007, 04:12:41 PM »
I'm sorry! I would have looked at it but I'm on my laptop and I only have the episodes on my PC

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #410 on: April 19, 2007, 04:16:41 PM »
But when teams get the clue "caution yield ahead" the yield is always at the next place they go to right??? I don't ever remember teams being told yield ahead but the yield didn't come until much later in the leg.  ???
I recall the BQ's Yielding the Bama's at the Morocco Roadblock . It was HoursOfOperation and the BQ's beat the Bamas to the clue box. The detours came next and the BQ's got lost on the way and were then marked for penalty for coming in LAST ! LOL

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 19, 2007, 04:19:45 PM »
 :groan:
bad, bad memories

at that time I hadn't read the Paris spoilers yet (or if I did I forgot) so I was so sure they'd make F3!

I'm really excited to see this episode because I've been saying all along that Eric doesn't like D/K for something, and the yield was someting, but they didn't appear that negative towards each other in the last episode, and if they agree to work together and both teams stick to the plan I don't see Eric hating them.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #412 on: April 19, 2007, 04:23:43 PM »
I see Eric hating the BQ's is because they don't hold up their end of the deal, this making Eric/Dee even more determined to come in first when it COUNTS  :jam:
( Hoping the Eric/Dee haters turn on the BQ's instead   :snicker: )

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 19, 2007, 04:26:02 PM »
LOL, why Puddin?

If the "deal" is what keep E/D in the race I can only imagine the amount of haters that D/K will gain if the winners do in fact end up being Danielle and Eric. I'm bracing myself early.

Are we focusing to little on Charla and Mirna here? Why don't we think they are at the front? I know they are seen with D/O but if that is at the beginning of the leg they can easily beat D/K or E/D...they are at the detour at the same time as the BQs

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #414 on: April 19, 2007, 04:29:49 PM »
C/M have car problems right? Thats why I think they are 3rd.
also it may turn into a race to the pitstop for first place between the BQ's and E/D and if the Gardens is the Pitstop that might be why Dee falls because shes running so hard to beat the BQ's when they see that the BQ's are trying to out race them?

If the "deal" is what keep E/D in the race I can only imagine the amount of haters that D/K will gain if the winners do in fact end up being Danielle and Eric. I'm bracing myself early.
HaHa true that!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 19, 2007, 04:32:35 PM »
Well if that's the case Dee falling isn't so good  :snicker:
I thought that was Mirna falling all this time, to quote her, I am so dumb and naive! (sorry, I loved when she said that to R/A)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #416 on: April 19, 2007, 04:43:12 PM »
Are we focusing to little on Charla and Mirna here? Why don't we think they are at the front? I know they are seen with D/O but if that is at the beginning of the leg they can easily beat D/K or E/D...they are at the detour at the same time as the BQs

Because we hate them.

The other reason is when teams are equalized Charla & Mirna have a terribel record (one leg they did well with becuase the picked the faster detour and they had locals navigate for them, put them from last to first).

Dustin & Kandice have a good record with equalizers in being competitive.

Oswald & Danny when equlized have a good record.

And Eric & Danielle ahve a good record with being equzlized.

With part of this leg requiring driving (of which Charla can't and Mirna by her own admission has trouble), and we assume they are the team with problems (though if its the stnadard we have four crappy cars any one could stop working at any moment, it really could be any team).  IF they are the ones with car problems it even makes it harder to follow either cabs or locals, unless they kidnapp a local which they have done a few times.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #417 on: April 19, 2007, 04:44:21 PM »
Oh I thought it was Dee but Mirna does have a red back pack

the jacket and leggin's looks like Dee to me

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 19, 2007, 04:47:05 PM »
Because we hate them.
:lol3:

So does Danielle!!

:angel:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 10:59:06 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #419 on: April 19, 2007, 04:52:11 PM »
lol mswood  :lol:

thsi picture is from tarflies and has better resolution ..see the star on the canopy? maybe we can find it?

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #420 on: April 19, 2007, 07:46:24 PM »
So does Danielle!!

No it looks more like Mirna to me.

Offline wifeofUSMCsgt

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #421 on: April 19, 2007, 08:14:11 PM »

the jacket and leggin's looks like Dee to me

If you look at the middle pick of Danielle standing with Eric, you see a hint of red. And in the top pics you can see her hair is in pigtails..... I think it's Danielle.  :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #422 on: April 19, 2007, 08:29:36 PM »
It's Dani's jacket and Dani's pants  :tup:

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #423 on: April 19, 2007, 10:36:16 PM »
So does Danielle!!

No it looks more like Mirna to me.

They cant make it more obvious its Danielle!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #424 on: April 19, 2007, 10:54:17 PM »
....I might have posted this already..too lazy to look back.