Author Topic: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."  (Read 229744 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."
« Reply #375 on: April 19, 2007, 10:44:09 AM »
Well I haven't figured out the code BUT found this   :yess: and YES you can see the BQ's at the ROLL with C/M and you can see another work station , remember there should be 4.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline rottenchestnut

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #376 on: April 19, 2007, 10:48:28 AM »
I'm basing it on the following. Exhibits A & B are below  :lol:

When the BQ's open the clue telling them that there is a yield ahead they are at the Macau Ferry Terminal (confirmed by Neobie). If teams are getting a clue at the ferry it would be when they first get to Macau. Why would they send them back there later in the day?  ??? Second, the shot of E/D standing around and possibly talking to an unseen team has been identified as the Tower. If it were later in the day they would not be just standing around. They have to be waiting for it to open.

That's just my take for now. Of course I always reserve the right to change my opinion as the story unfolds.  :angel:

E/D scene is still at the Ferry Terminal, I think it has been identified earlier. BQ must be taking a very early morning ferry, but I think all teams are bunching again at the Tourist Tower due to the hour of operation?  :trampb:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #377 on: April 19, 2007, 10:58:14 AM »
Michael wishs he were a bamboo pole  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #378 on: April 19, 2007, 11:09:06 AM »
well heres a few more ..hoping to get the high-res later

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #379 on: April 19, 2007, 11:11:27 AM »
Laughing helplessly---this episode is going to be a photochoppers delight!  :sera: OMG....

And WHERE is that clock when you need it??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 19, 2007, 11:16:01 AM »
OMG, you bet I do puddin  :rotf:

I think the detour is first. Could the yield be before the RB? I'm beginning to think that D/K do come in first now because they are with C/M at the detour and they had that "racing like last place" confessional.

YAY phil's preview!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #381 on: April 19, 2007, 11:24:21 AM »
Well I hope Eric yields the BQ's just for laughs, lol.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #382 on: April 19, 2007, 11:26:24 AM »
OMG, you bet I do puddin  :rotf:

I think the detour is first. Could the yield be before the RB? I'm beginning to think that D/K do come in first now because they are with C/M at the detour and they had that "racing like last place" confessional.

YAY phil's preview!
There could have been a team there ahead of them or with them that we can't see.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 19, 2007, 11:28:55 AM »

UNLESS, like what peach said, the detour is an equalizer, because we see Danielle and Eric looking at something and laughing in the web promo, so maybe all three teams go to the bamboo thing...and D/O choose drums?

Wasn't the yield identified to be at Macau tower... I'm probably imagining that though.

PS:
I forgot to say, Great job on finding Phil's preview puddin!!  :hearts:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 11:57:24 AM by Michael D »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #384 on: April 19, 2007, 11:56:20 AM »
Just to clarify:

Yield looks like Tower but not 100% definite

E/D at Ferry Terminal for sure

BQ's with clue at Ferry Terminal too

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 19, 2007, 11:58:37 AM »
So maybe it's Ferry Terminal > yield > Roadblock > driving the cars > Detour ??? I don't know!!

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #386 on: April 19, 2007, 11:59:30 AM »
E/D scene is still at the Ferry Terminal, I think it has been identified earlier. BQ must be taking a very early morning ferry, but I think all teams are bunching again at the Tourist Tower due to the hour of operation?  :trampb:

The sidewalk was matched by puddin as the Tower in the E/D pic.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #387 on: April 19, 2007, 12:00:59 PM »
quick take

All teams must take the ferry to Macau.
At Macau ferry they find a clue that directs them to the tower.
The tower is closed so the teams are equalzed.
Under the tower the teams know there is a Yield ahead so they make deals, whatever.
Once the tower opens all teams must find a dress/gift shop to locate their next clue, this is where the yield is.
The teams PULL tickets 1-2-3-4 , first team to pull the ticket gets the Tower/RB first.
Someone is yielded ..since the yield is inside then this can't be the Cha's waiting out a Yield because they are outside.
My take is the Roadblock comes first. Who gets to Yield who is still open for discussion.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 12:08:11 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #388 on: April 19, 2007, 12:02:59 PM »

With all that build up from Phil in the preview and the whole Innertube yield discussion--it would be a miracle if E/D don't go up that Tower leaving the BQ's hoping they aren't Yielded and then BAM! they Yield them and say: "Nice doing business with you!" Especially dramatic if the BQ's step aside and LET E/D go up first. Karma, baby!

But if the Cha's don't get Yielded why are they last later on? Maybe the whole Cha's thing doesn't go bad till Guam after all...

And maybe the BQ's have a bad week...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #389 on: April 19, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »

The sidewalk was matched by puddin as the Tower in the E/D pic.
But later serendipity? pointed out that was the Ferry Terminal, not the tower.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #390 on: April 19, 2007, 12:04:28 PM »

With all that build up from Phil in the preview and the whole Innertube yield discussion--it would be a miracle if E/D don't go up that Tower leaving the BQ's hoping they aren't Yielded and then BAM! they Yield them and say: "Nice doing business with you!" Especially dramatic if the BQ's step aside and LET E/D go up first. Karma, baby!

But if the Cha's don't get Yielded why are they last later on? Maybe the whole Cha's thing doesn't go bad till Guam after all...

And maybe the BQ's have a bad week...
I think the Cha's choose the wrong detour?

be back later I have to :shower:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 19, 2007, 12:08:11 PM »
Peach - I think you are forgetting the web clue. I'm pretty surprised CBS would give that out as a clue because it pretty much gives away that another team gets yielded, which is quite weird.

I'm prepared for a BQ yield though. I can't lie, they'd deserve it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #392 on: April 19, 2007, 12:22:36 PM »
Peach - I think you are forgetting the web clue. I'm pretty surprised CBS would give that out as a clue because it pretty much gives away that another team gets yielded, which is quite weird.

I'm prepared for a BQ yield though. I can't lie, they'd deserve it.

You know--I've been thinking the whole time that that web clue meant the victim of a Yield--but it only says Deal--hmmm...food for thought.
And I think the Yield is a smart game strategy--not a "dirty trick" like some think--it is just another game tool and I'd be using it for sure.

And the whole is E/D at the ferry terminal  debate was here --scroll down and you'll see that the floors match at the terminal.

And who is hiding behind our Yield box? Just an innocent pic or something else? A TARAsia visitor perhaps? (I didn't see that but the thought occured so...)

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 19, 2007, 12:29:21 PM »
That's what I was thinking as well...But there isn't much an alliance can do to screw over other teams anymore other then yield since I'm pretty sure teams are no longer aloud to actually buy tickets for teams any more...

I think we should stick with our original plan:
1. E/D kick it up, come in first, yield D/O
(the next two are interchangeable)
2. D/K
3. C/M
and in last place
4. D/O, who got yielded because the BQs convinced E/D to do it some how!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #394 on: April 19, 2007, 12:42:33 PM »
Yeah I think O/D are the victims and that sign in the store where the Yield is , is an advertisement.
I don't trust the BQ's to keep their deal with E/D ...just hoping E/D can come in first on their own.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 19, 2007, 12:47:06 PM »
Another thing I completely forgot about is that this might be a TBC leg!

Reasons E/D should come in first:
  • Marked for Elimination
  • Seen at the Detour alone (other teams might be off camera)
  • They might make a deal with the BQs to step on the mat first?
  • They are very physical and have been saying all along that as long as all teams are bunched they can kick some ass

Reasons D/K should come in first:
  • They aren't trustworthy, and if they could will probably screw E/D over
  • They avoid getting yielded (?)
  • Their "racing LIKE we are in place" confessional

(sorry, I wanted to make a list with that bullet icon thingy!) :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #396 on: April 19, 2007, 12:50:26 PM »
In the Roadblock first or Detour first debate--

How often have there been Yield's right at the end of an episode with not much chance to recover?

How much was there left to do when the BQ's Yielded Bama? I know Bama recovered...

Because if the Yield is at the Tower, and comes just before the Roadblock as we think--then would it make more sense for the Yield/Roadblock to come first so that there is time for whoever (maybe BQ's/maybe D/O) to recover??

Or if TPTB really don't care that there is much time left--( didn't someone  (Dee's??) get Yielded right before they had to run up a hill to the  MAT? And got elim'd because of it? Hmmm--even more Karma! ) then I still think it would be more dramatic to have the Tower come after the Noodles at the end of the show.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 19, 2007, 12:52:47 PM »
the double d's got yielded right before a RB that takes place at the pitstop location in season 9.

in TAR10 bama was yielded right before the first task, the roadblock. They caught up because R/K got a flat tire and D/K screwed up badly.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #398 on: April 19, 2007, 12:59:28 PM »
This might be the conversation .......

Mirna to D/O: Pssst! Hey guys come here. I just overheard the BQ's and E/D talking. The BQ's are talking them into yielding you.

D/O:  :noway:

Mirna: Yeah, they flashed Eric their boobs and told them there was more where that came from. Then they told them that they would just have to outrun 4 queens, 1 bitch and a little person to get to the yield first. :boobs:

D/O: Those dirty pirate putas!!

Mirna: Hey guys, you want us to beat them up for you? (generous offer)  :meow:  :rotf:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #399 on: April 19, 2007, 01:02:18 PM »
Heee for sups! :lol3: :kissy: :lol3:

Yeah--that Roadblock was the build the staue thing which at least left a little chance to catch up.

It isn't like you can jump off the Tower any faster and catch up.

If the BQ deal is to let E/D do the Tower first then there is no trust involved --because once they  let them go up first, they would be first. I don't think there will be any passing on that SkyWalk either!

Who does the Roadblock for the BQ's? It is Dustin's turn and they have been really good about "taking turns"--but maybe she is praying while waiting for Kandice to do it?
RFF's Golden Rule: