Author Topic: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."  (Read 228803 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."
« Reply #350 on: April 18, 2007, 11:55:57 PM »
see if this works..

That looks like 1 something...(almost 2)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #351 on: April 18, 2007, 11:57:03 PM »
Another one--this is of Kandice's arm at the ferry terminal as they get the clue. Note watch on the right arm...

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #352 on: April 19, 2007, 12:00:19 AM »
Tick-tock!

10??

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #353 on: April 19, 2007, 12:01:25 AM »
Michael noted that image is flipped

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #354 on: April 19, 2007, 12:01:38 AM »
OMG You rock my world mswood! Well said  :hearts: ..I don't care if you were waiting upstairs in line, you don't break into another line and say that you had been waiting upstairs in line. So in my eyes if E/D think their best option is to work with the BQ's and Yield the Cha's so be it :hand:. All that matters is the end result.

Astronomy for December 13, 2006:
  Rise: 6:55 AM CST
  Set: 5:43 PM CST

it's still light out ..

Another thing at the airport, is that while they didn't appear to upset that Charla & Mirna and Oswald and DAnny got tickets in the office (or bookings), after all he did as well a couple legs ago.

Its when on the next flight, where Charla & Mirna never put on the waiting list (the whole scene with them and the BQ's where Eric & Danielle were gone for a lot of trying to exchange funds), and use Oswlad's & Danny's booking number to try and bypass both other players.

When it happens D&K manage to force the agent to keep them since their name is first, and C&M aren't the names on the bbooking.  But they do get 2cd before Eric & Danielle arrive.  The BQ's grab Eric's arm pulls him in and tells them how that should have been them.

So that definetly builds bonus points for the BQ's in his eyes, and probably makes him think a litte less of both Charla & Mirna and Oswald & Danny.

In fact Charla & Mirna are know becoming Bama in BQ's eyes.  A team that you dislike enough that you will go after them instead of a better team (like how they were willing to try and  help Tyler & James over Bama, and there was no contest on who was the bigger threat to them).  I think if Eric & Danielle would have stayed there, that D&K would have made a big enough scene to make sure they got on as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if either of them got Yielded.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #355 on: April 19, 2007, 12:07:57 AM »
Where is a clock tower when we need one.  So Chateau can do a nice red time stamp and we all ask how he figured it out. :groan:

I think we have to assume at the very least a equilizer at some point that keeps teams rom forward progress (doing tasks ad such) to 10:00am.  Whether its restricked Ferries or Hours of Operation. 

Something that would allow a team like Eric & Danielle to leave so att he earliest a 7am get a ferry take a cab tthats at least a good hour and a half at best there.  And still allow teams to know Yield ahead and have time to both worry D&K and allow them to talk to another team and plot.  Say another 10-15 minutes atleast.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #356 on: April 19, 2007, 12:14:55 AM »
This shot was taken at about 2:05 pm (assumes December 13th)

There is a shadow from the window that gives the solar altitude.  Its flat measurement is 57 degrees.  I had to correct that flat angle with a cosine correction because we are not looking perpendicular to the surface it is on.  To do a cosine correction you have to estimate the how far off is your view from perfect normal.  Here it looks like about 60 degrees.  That corrects the 57 degrees to 38 degrees.

Guess what the solar altitude at 2:05 pm in Macau on December 13th was? 

37.97 deg I kid you not.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #357 on: April 19, 2007, 12:16:03 AM »
mswood do you think the BQ's will keep their deal with Eric & Dee? The BQ's are pretty shady  :sera:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #358 on: April 19, 2007, 12:17:05 AM »
But other than getting to the Ferry in HK there really isn't anything.

The ferry runs all night 0400,0445, 0600,0700,0730,0800 then every 15 minutes.

Kandice is at the Macau ferry terminal I think.

The other time shots do need time to get to the noodle factory and maybe get the car first.

Time maybe 9:30 ish?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 19, 2007, 12:17:21 AM »
Awesome Chateau!

puddin, in all honestly, as much as I love them I agree with the shady comment. They aren't very trustworthy so I think E/D might end up getting screwed over. If you think about it, Eric still put up the "charla bites those bitches knees" comment on his myspace, so they must have done something to piss him off again. Oh well, since E/D probably win none of it will matter to them.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #360 on: April 19, 2007, 12:18:13 AM »
This one looks like 12:50 to me.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #361 on: April 19, 2007, 12:19:11 AM »
You pretty Amazing Chateau  :hearts:  :yess:
I hate to throw stuff at you ...( my good CBS station is out of commision  :lol: )

« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 12:23:12 AM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #362 on: April 19, 2007, 12:24:09 AM »
I'm totally trusting you about the 2:05 sine/cosine thng--but how the heck are you doing his watch so it looks like 2:05??

I've stood on my head and can't see it??

Can somebody draw me a picture before I go insane here please?? :lol: :lol:

:crazy:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #363 on: April 19, 2007, 12:29:02 AM »
Chateau--could you look again please? I can't see 2:O5 although that certainly would fit the best. Could I have a picture please?
OMG Peach, I think you're right.  I was looking at it the wrong way.

Now I see 8:35.  Am I would guess.    :(

And at that time the solar altitude was only 19 deg.  I can't see agreement with that from the shadow.  Maybe ther was some extended roof line that made a steeper shadow. ????

« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 12:35:05 AM by Chateau d If »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #364 on: April 19, 2007, 12:30:34 AM »
But that's the same shot as the 2:05 Chateautime....

Maybe his watch is stopped! :lol3: :lol: :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 19, 2007, 12:33:23 AM »
I still think Kandices hand looks A LOT like the hand flipping over the yield. If it weren't for that web clue I'd say D/K got yielded, but I guess not.

Yeah, I don't think we should base to much on wrist watches. First of all they might not be working, and second of all we don't know if the racers adjusted the time for every country they are in.

:yess: I just remembered I have no school tomorrow!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 12:38:17 AM by Michael D »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #366 on: April 19, 2007, 12:39:11 AM »
I'm getting dizzy! :lol:

Michael--think stock footage--"exposition hands"--anybody's hands....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 19, 2007, 12:40:32 AM »
 :groan:
ah! I keep forgetting about that peach! I'm trying to focus on so many things at once and it all mashes together :( it doesn't help that it's almost 2AM.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #368 on: April 19, 2007, 04:35:13 AM »
This one looks like 12:50 to me.

I agree, I also read 12:50.
I still think the detour comes later than the roadblock, because D/K open their clue and find the yield ahead at the ferry terminal, this must be the start of a leg. I don't believe there is a HOH as D/K get that clue when the sky is still dim.

And the car thing may be just a task they all need to do, not a detour choice, otherwise C/M have to switch detour again?!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #369 on: April 19, 2007, 04:41:44 AM »
I still think Kandices hand looks A LOT like the hand flipping over the yield. If it weren't for that web clue I'd say D/K got yielded, but I guess not.

Yeah, I don't think we should base to much on wrist watches. First of all they might not be working, and second of all we don't know if the racers adjusted the time for every country they are in.

:yess: I just remembered I have no school tomorrow!

MIchael D, if you are racing around the world changing your watch to each time zone you enter is a necessity. This was so even for Phineas Fogg in Around the World in 80 Days(even though he missed the International Date Line significance) and is doubly so today. The AR11 teams cannot get to airports on time to catch critical flights if they do not know the correct local time. Now, in the case of Hong Kong/Macau since it is the same as Kuala Lumpur there was no need to reset their watches.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #370 on: April 19, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »
I think we have to assume at the very least a equilizer at some point that keeps teams rom forward progress (doing tasks ad such) to 10:00am.  Whether its restricked Ferries or Hours of Operation. 

Something that would allow a team like Eric & Danielle to leave so att he earliest a 7am get a ferry take a cab tthats at least a good hour and a half at best there.  And still allow teams to know Yield ahead and have time to both worry D&K and allow them to talk to another team and plot.  Say another 10-15 minutes atleast.

I agree. Since the ferries run all night teams should arrive at the Macau ferry terminal at different times. The clue located there directs them to the Macau Towers and states a warning that the yield is ahead.

As teams arrive at the towers they hit a hours of operation. According to the website the Skyjump doesn't open until 10 a.m. (http://www.macautower.com.mo/eng/adventure/adventure_openhours.asp) although TPTB could have arranged a 9 a.m. opening. All teams arrive before opening time.

They know when the doors open that they'll have to run for the Yield and grab a number. Only one team member has to grab the number and D/K realize that they can't outrun Eric. They're pretty sure he'll make it there first so they start dealing.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #371 on: April 19, 2007, 09:26:51 AM »
We had this huge late night discussion last night trying to pin down the Detour times with only contradictatory evidence so far.

But for some reason I think that the getting the little cars, driving to the Noodle Shop/or Dragon Boats is the first part of the day, with the Detours the first tasks--and the Detours themselves become the equalizer. We know that Ch/M have car troubles which explains how they could turn up to the Tower later.

And the Yield is going to be a big factor this week so I think they'll want to build anticipation for that too.

It could go either way of course, but Noodles would be a big comedown after the jump--I think they'll save the best for last! Especially as SOME of us have been waiting ALL season for a real honest-to-goodness TARworthy adventure task!  :yess:

Too bad it was so cloudy/rainy that day because shadows for Chateautime are really lacking :'(.....
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:33:51 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #372 on: April 19, 2007, 09:55:02 AM »
I'm basing it on the following. Exhibits A & B are below  :lol:

When the BQ's open the clue telling them that there is a yield ahead they are at the Macau Ferry Terminal (confirmed by Neobie). If teams are getting a clue at the ferry it would be when they first get to Macau. Why would they send them back there later in the day?  ??? Second, the shot of E/D standing around and possibly talking to an unseen team has been identified as the Tower. If it were later in the day they would not be just standing around. They have to be waiting for it to open.

That's just my take for now. Of course I always reserve the right to change my opinion as the story unfolds.  :angel:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #373 on: April 19, 2007, 10:10:20 AM »
I always thought the Roadblock/Towers came first, I agree with you Sups  :waves:
And we don't know how long it takes to make noodles so it just maybe 3 teams are in the noodle place at the same time ...we just don't see that part. So even though it looks like C/M are ahead of E/D by the times we just don't know how long it takes or how many noodles they have to make.

Good news!! I haven't found it yet but we'll get a Phil preview today!!
Date:       4/19/2007
Title:      Amazing Race Keoghan Preview
Dateline:   Undated
Format:     SOT
Source:     CBSENTERT
Reporter:   Phil Keoghan
Want to keep up to date on the day to day comings and goings of The Amazing
Race All-Stars? Well Phil Keoghan will present a 1:00 commentary preview into
what viewers can expect on the next edition of the Amazing Race...Who is down…
Who is up...... and best of all which teams are ready to kill each other.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #374 on: April 19, 2007, 10:25:51 AM »
Hurry Hurry up CBS!  :wohoo:

Especially since we didn't get one last week I'm really excited to see this one--maybe we'll find out more about the Tower challenge!

Thanks puddin! :happy: :hearts: :happy:
RFF's Golden Rule: