Author Topic: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."  (Read 228818 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."
« Reply #250 on: April 18, 2007, 12:00:16 AM »
Cuz it's there...   :angel:

...just in case space aliens need to know where they are...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #251 on: April 18, 2007, 12:15:36 AM »
Sorry about that statue  :-[ ( snickers cameltoe)

peach ..BQ's clothes match and they are saying" we are gonna race like we're in last place"
I don't think they would think that far in advance to make the Yield deal.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: April 18, 2007, 12:22:41 AM »
 :js:  The "wavy" street decorations are not too common in Macau (as far as I can see from GE).  It occurs in a few places.  Kinda matches the cobblestone decorations that C/M are standing on.  Can't pin it down just yet, but Macau isn't that big.   ;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #253 on: April 18, 2007, 12:46:48 AM »
^^ see if this helps Boingo

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #254 on: April 18, 2007, 12:50:57 AM »
oh this is footage from last week?

nevermind  :tup:

isn't this from the last leg when Danielle said that HK is exactly like New York?

Also, Dustins hair is exactly the same in the confessional as it is in the Macau leg...looking more and more like no TBC... :yess: library period

« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 12:55:29 AM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: April 18, 2007, 03:11:46 AM »
I have some interesting news courtesy of someone at TWOP. The flights taken through Vietnam only operate on certain days and that means that there was a 36 hour pit stop at Kuala Lumpur. Teams did not leave there until Dec. 12.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 07:20:57 PM by apskip »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: April 18, 2007, 03:46:09 AM »
Not Largo do Senado, I think. It'd be flooded with tourists. Looks like a run-down part of town, and no high-rises in the background. I'd think it'd be on Taipa or Coloane?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 03:58:01 AM by Neobie »

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #257 on: April 18, 2007, 05:03:07 AM »
Lol I knew that Eric quote in Mozambique would be somewhat foreshadowing "We got beaten by a bunch of Queens". Well not beaten, but yielded.

D/K give money to O/D to yield C/M. I bet my life on it. Well not really my life but whatever. Actually I bet nothing.

P.S There may be a chance the Chas run a decoy leg in Guam/give their confessionals there. This NEL Penalty doesn't fit into ANYTHING! ARGH! Because it'd be mean for E/D to have it over 2 legs.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 05:45:19 AM by down_with_alli »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #258 on: April 18, 2007, 09:12:25 AM »
Can we readdress this issue pretty please?

I don't think we have confessionals in nice places on a TBC as the racers are still racing.

We think we have a confessional from the Cha's in Guam, but do we really? Could this be from somewhere else?

So what do y'all think--TBC (so why do we have a BQ confessional?), NEL (really? two back to back would be silly....) or Bertram's  mystery?

Are the Cha's gone this week or not till next?

I'm confused!

I'm still going with a TBC for Macau. I see two senarios for the BQ confessional.

1. The confessional is in Guam. It was done inside because of the time of day/night they arrived.

OR (and this is my favorite option)

2. This is a future confessional (right before the final leg begins). I remember we had some future confessionals in TAR 10 (Tyler and James come to mind).

Saying "we are going to race like we are in last place" would be something you would say on the final stretch. As for the clothes, those are the clothes they began the race with. Traditionally we've seen teams end the race with the same clothes they began with.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #259 on: April 18, 2007, 09:17:29 AM »
I have some interesting news courtesy of somone at TWOP. The flights taken through Vietnam only operate on certain days and that means that there was a 36 hour pit stop at Kuala Lumpur. Teams did not leave there until Dec. 12.

When you have some extra Internet time, read my post here which discusses that.  Have fun and enjoy the Barrier Reef!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 18, 2007, 09:23:01 AM »
1. The confessional is in Guam. It was done inside because of the time of day/night they arrived.

2. This is a future confessional (right before the final leg begins). I remember we had some future confessionals in TAR 10 (Tyler and James come to mind).

I don't see D/K running two full legs in the same clothes, espically since it was raining in Macau, their clothes would be dirtier then normal.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #261 on: April 18, 2007, 09:33:43 AM »

I'm still going with a TBC for Macau. I see two senarios for the BQ confessional.

Saying "we are going to race like we are in last place" would be something you would say on the final stretch. As for the clothes, those are the clothes they began the race with. Traditionally we've seen teams end the race with the same clothes they began with.

Thanks sups:waves:
I think you are right on the money! The BQ's look too happy in that confessional to not already be in the final three. I had thought the same upstream, but then puddin convinced me otherwise but I have now been re-convinced that this must be once they are final three!

What do you think about when O/D go out??

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 18, 2007, 09:35:48 AM »
Actually if you think about it, based on web promos you can tell that the BQs will actually stop at nothing to make it into the F3, so I think this is when they find out that Macau was a NEL.

I'm sticking with my - the rain would have made them changed my theory.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: April 18, 2007, 09:39:25 AM »

I don't see D/K running two full legs in the same clothes, espically since it was raining in Macau, their clothes would be dirtier then normal.

Exactly, but they wouldn't be wearing those clothes in Guam. Girly, girls won't stay in wet clothes. I'm sure they get their clothes laundered at the pitstops - how else could they always start a leg looking so fresh!

In either case I believe the statement of about running like they were last means they are currently in first.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #264 on: April 18, 2007, 09:39:53 AM »
Michael--they still have plenty of time to do some laundry! ;)

Who knew sups and I share one mind! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 18, 2007, 09:45:42 AM »
Well, between TBC episodes there is no rest period to do laundry, and they never have the teams sit down before the leg begins, so that would rule out the possibilty of this being before the start of the final leg.

Based on what all past racers say they do pitstop confessionals when teams arrive at the pitstop. I do however agree that their statement places them at the top. I'm sticking with E/D coming in first this week (  :'( ) and D/K 2nd. Their comment is kind of strange, it makes them seem like they are at the front.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 18, 2007, 10:01:47 AM »

Lou Lim Ieoc Chinese Garden , A Suzhou-Style Garden

Could the house that Danielle is seen running towards be the pit stop? It matches the photo I found, I think.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 10:10:59 AM by Michael D »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 18, 2007, 10:17:15 AM »
I'm being dumb and just looking for possible pitstop locations around the garden...it doesn't match with that white building...but it's the only building I can find that has a name!

Macao Tea Culture House

Inaugurated on June 1, 2005, the Macao Tea Culture House was founded under the painstaking efforts of the Civic and Municipal Affairs Bureau and the zealous support of enthusiasts. Restored by the renowned architect, Carlos Marreiros, it preserves the distinct Portuguese-styled appearance but furnished with a Chinese tiled roof, in line with the Portuguese architectures around the area. Located in the Lou Lim Ieoc Garden, the Macao Tea Culture House complements to the Suzhou-inspired landscaped settings in the garden, which is likened to the historical role played by Macao in the cultural exchange between the East and West.
Address : Lou Lim Ieoc Garden, Estrada Adolfo Loreiro, No.10

Source:http://www.cityguide.gov.mo/tg/detail.asp?lc=2&lkey=02051700000000000000&ClassName=museum

There are also two buildings in the garden at the bottom of this page:
http://www.travelblog.org/Asia/Macau/blog-118960-21.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #268 on: April 18, 2007, 10:20:16 AM »
Michael the garden was covered back on page 3? Don't know if its the pitstop? or place to get a clue?

So some of you think this is the BQ's in Guam? Where is the Cha's confessional then?
I think its some weird NEL in Macau, something we have to "The reason – you'll find out when you watch all 13 episodes" BVM
Guam, temps in the 80's on Dec 15th ...Cha's in tanktops & shorts ( and I've looked at every Cha Mat chat /insider clip and nothing match's this scene )

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #269 on: April 18, 2007, 10:21:47 AM »
Can we readdress this issue pretty please?

And just throwing this out--since it looks like we have a pitstop or at least a confessional in Macau--should we reevaluate our Guam info?

We know now that the 5th and 4th teams out are travelling with production and can be used as decoys.

Maybe what foxburn got from chevy re Guam was D/O acting as a decoy and they go out in Hong Kong?? (Always assuming the bootlist stays accurate ;))
Charla/Mirna were first with (again) a huge lead
Eric/Danielle were next followed by...
BQ's and...
Cha Cha Chas's (still in it in guam apparently)

unknown if this was at a detour or a roadblock, of course...

I don't think we have confessionals in nice places on a TBC as the racers are still racing.

We think we have a confessional from the Cha's in Guam, but do we really? Could this be from somewhere else?

So what do y'all think--TBC (so why do we have a BQ confessional?), NEL (really? two back to back would be silly....) or Bertram's  mystery?

Are the Cha's gone this week or not till next?

I'm confused!

Ah, so the Peach is joining the GMan.  More support for Elimination No. 8! in Macao

Offline Riomangatar

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • D/K love
« Reply #270 on: April 18, 2007, 10:25:10 AM »
If this is not the TBC leg, when will it be? Will there even BE one?
Th BQ's said they would race as if they were in last place, so does that mean the DIDN'T get in last place????

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #271 on: April 18, 2007, 10:29:57 AM »
I'm with Michael
BQ's make a deal with E/Dee to yield the Cha's and step aside or lag behind E/Dee to let them hit the mat first.
1st place E/Dee
2nd BQ's
3rd C/M
last Cha's and marked with a penalty

Maybe just maybe for the first time in TAR history 2 teams ( Cha's & C/M ) step onto the mat in last place at the same time with Phil making it a NEL? and that is C/M's offer to the Cha's? I Dunno?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #272 on: April 18, 2007, 10:31:02 AM »
So some of you think this is the BQ's in Guam? Where is the Cha's confessional then?
I think its some weird NEL in Macau, something we have to "The reason – you'll find out when you watch all 13 episodes" BVM
Guam, temps in the 80's on Dec 15th ...Cha's in tanktops & shorts ( and I've looked at every Cha Mat chat /insider clip and nothing match's this scene )

Errrrrr, I'm just throwing something up against the wall and seeing what sticks!  :lol:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #273 on: April 18, 2007, 10:43:18 AM »
If this is not the TBC leg, when will it be? Will there even BE one?
Th BQ's said they would race as if they were in last place, so does that mean the DIDN'T get in last place????

My take for the next three shows:

Apr. 22 - Leg 11 Macao - Chas last and are Eliminated as F4; BQ's win leg.

Apr. 29 - Leg 12 Guam - C/M come in last but it is a NEL.

May 6 -  Leg 13 Hawaii - San Francisco - First by a boob Eric and Danielle

Second Beauty Queens

Last but not least - Carla and Mirna - they actually just lost out to E/D but because of a  30 minute penalty end up last as the BQ's sneak by.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #274 on: April 18, 2007, 10:49:06 AM »
Last but not least - Carla and Mirna - they actually just lost out to E/D but because of a  30 minute penalty end up last as the BQ's sneak by.
I don't agree with there being a penalty in the very last leg Gman :grins: ..can you imagine the teams running up to the final mat first or whatever and all the teams clapping and cheering only to hear that that team has to step aside and wait out the 30 minute penalty :lol: ?