Author Topic: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."  (Read 228831 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."
« Reply #225 on: April 17, 2007, 07:21:43 PM »
Hey at least I thought it was food not plaster  :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 17, 2007, 07:24:20 PM »
LOL, sometimes I think we might be just a little bit crazy. :snicker: :-[ ..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #227 on: April 17, 2007, 07:33:53 PM »
Hey at least I thought it was food not plaster  :lol:

I heard that! :groan: I've spent way too much time in the plaster bucket! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2007, 07:41:28 PM »
:yess: That looks like it! Here's a Flickr set that shows the process in detail.
Heres  the story of Mr. Choi and his bamboo pasta and heres the ANTHONY BOURDAIN: NO RESERVATIONS 2 site .
I saw this guy hurl once on tv  :snicker:

Offline Parasite©

• RFF Newbie
  • Looking for Dustin and Kandice...
« Reply #229 on: April 17, 2007, 07:56:46 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.  ;D

Yeah, I never thought about looking at previous HK confessionals.

Guess I need to put more thought into it.  :lol:

Feb 2005? They wouldn't have even been filming any TAR then. Hmm...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:08:07 PM by Parasite© »

Offline amazing_hey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2007, 08:22:17 PM »
Let me make a guess

next week E.n.D cooperate with beauty queen....It will be shocking to others teams

The reason why BQs work with E.n.D would be because they don want to be yielded....

E.n.D might yield either CHAs or Charla Mirna....

And I guess Charla Mirna is the team which get yielded....

The reason of yielding them is beacuse they get E.n.D flight on this leg and it puts E.n.D in the last place....

You can see only Charla Mirna were the only team in the roadblock....

Which means they are either 1st or in last place....

If they are in last place that means they are yielded....

The reason of being lastplace would be because of their car driving....

And about the "generous offer" must be something related to "Good Doing Business with You"....

what I guess is Charla Mirna is stay in Last place with Cha Cha Cha....

And they ask Cha Cha Cha to let them to go to Final three....

As Cha Cha Cha love to help Charla Mirna so maybe they promise them....

And the Generous offer maybe the half of the million dollars....(Like A Business)....

That is just what I guess....

Offline amazing_hey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #231 on: April 17, 2007, 08:35:04 PM »
In HK episode....

Charla MIrna said they will work with E.n.D to kick BQs out of the race....

However Charla Mirna just grabed E.n.D flight seat....

Therefore there is a reason for Charla Mirna be yield

Offline amazing_hey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #232 on: April 17, 2007, 08:41:20 PM »
The reason for Cha Cha Cha be yielded might be because they always come in first....

Here is what I think....

Yield used: E.n.D
Yielded: Charla Mirna / Cha Cha Cha

Booted: Cha Cha Cha (becuz of the generous offer? :umn:)

Cha Cha Cha always come in Fouth after a first place finish.....

Do you guy think Cha Cha Cha is going to give up the final three in order to let Charla Mirna to get into final three?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 17, 2007, 08:48:30 PM »
the "accept" payment makes me think that it might be D&K and D&O that team up (and yield E/D) because D&O have no money left..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #234 on: April 17, 2007, 08:51:01 PM »
D/O will get more money at the start of the leg..they have to pay for that Turbo-Jet $$$$ and then some.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #235 on: April 17, 2007, 08:52:05 PM »
I'm sorry, I can only muddy the waters. A search of the Macau yellow pages turns up more than a dozen noodle factories ("fabricas"). And there are some restaurants, like this place, that brag about their bamboo noodles; it's unknown whether they "roll their own" or send out to a fabrica. We're going to need more markers to ID it.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 17, 2007, 08:54:06 PM »
 :groan:
oh mi dios I completely forgot they get money at the start of each leg.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #237 on: April 17, 2007, 09:03:09 PM »
one more time ..

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #238 on: April 17, 2007, 09:25:44 PM »
G-Man and Michael

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if its a TBC leg.

After all in the producers eye its just one leg.  So the penalty wouldn't bedelayed it would be at the Pit Stop.

We have also had proof that the producers have put a yield at the first ahlf of a TBC leg (even if no one yielded then).

If its done that way I have no problem, I have always thought teams should really have to prove that they should be in it.  So that idea actually makes it more interesting in my opinion.

Especially sine only two teams have managed to be in first at both end points of the TBC leg (Eric & Jeremy and Tyler & James).  So it can be done, you just have to really ge on your toes.

I'm still in favor of an Ellimination Leg.  For the record, six of the ten previous TARs have eliminated the F4 team after leg 11 and had three teams run together through the last two legs (TARs 1,2,3,4,7, and 9).  Under current rules, being "marked for elimination" after the penultimate leg would be no great deal, since the teams are racing  to come in FIRST and WIN anyway.

I see no problem with the Chas confessional being recorded in Guam even if they are not competing there (only running a decoy leg); perhaps there wasn't time in Macao to do it since they may have arrived so late at the Pit Stop the production crew was anxious to pack up and get on to the next location.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #239 on: April 17, 2007, 10:00:33 PM »
 maybe we can find where this is?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #240 on: April 17, 2007, 10:12:31 PM »
Or here?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2007, 10:20:20 PM »
At first I thought the streets matched Largo Do Senado, but then that place looks to fancy to match up with this photos..

Offline Parasite©

• RFF Newbie
  • Looking for Dustin and Kandice...
« Reply #242 on: April 17, 2007, 10:42:03 PM »
D/O will get more money at the start of the leg..they have to pay for that Turbo-Jet $$$$ and then some.
Which raises an interesting point.

The bribe doesn't have to be money. Could be something else. Don't know what it would be though.

Dustin is messing around with something in her hands while she talks about the bribe in the previews, but I don't think it's money.   ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #243 on: April 17, 2007, 10:46:20 PM »
E/D need to step on the mat first so as not to have the 30 minute penalty, so that's a possibility for some sort of agreement.

Remember that both O/D and E/D are low on funds, and we don't know yet how much they receive.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: April 17, 2007, 11:00:50 PM »
Remember at this point most teams should have squirled away funds from prievious legs (one of the reasons over the years we have seen egs with One dollar being given at teh start of the leg, or even no dollars).  But several teams this year are seriously low on funds.  Oswald & Danny who spend ther reserve in Leg 9, and even going to less places in leg 10 went through all the provided funds for that leg.  Charla & Mirna who should be fairly low since in every leg they have needed to navigate they have paid either locals or cabs to guide them (thats gets expensive), Eric and Danielle have had two legs where money was an issue due to spending unplained nights in hotels for legs where they fell behind lead teams trying to get airline tickets (so hotel and cabs to and from and food) for overnight stays not planned.

So money could be a big issue, I can't see how Charla & Mirna should have much to offer anotehr team though, unless they have been begging locals to pay the bills for them (which is legal).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2007, 11:09:36 PM »
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 02:27:49 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2007, 11:26:21 PM »
Can we readdress this issue pretty please?

And just throwing this out--since it looks like we have a pitstop or at least a confessional in Macau--should we reevaluate our Guam info?

We know now that the 5th and 4th teams out are travelling with production and can be used as decoys.

Maybe what foxburn got from chevy re Guam was D/O acting as a decoy and they go out in Hong Kong?? (Always assuming the bootlist stays accurate ;))
Charla/Mirna were first with (again) a huge lead
Eric/Danielle were next followed by...
BQ's and...
Cha Cha Chas's (still in it in guam apparently)

unknown if this was at a detour or a roadblock, of course...

I don't think we have confessionals in nice places on a TBC as the racers are still racing.

We think we have a confessional from the Cha's in Guam, but do we really? Could this be from somewhere else?

So what do y'all think--TBC (so why do we have a BQ confessional?), NEL (really? two back to back would be silly....) or Bertram's  mystery?

Are the Cha's gone this week or not till next?

I'm confused!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2007, 11:29:31 PM »
I'm going to stay they are around until Guam. I just hope C/M screw up and lose their lead again though!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #248 on: April 17, 2007, 11:50:43 PM »
chevy wrote
I heard about the Amazing Race All Stars. As it turns out that I was on Guam for business this week and got to see a few of the All-Star teams complete in some challenges. For the sake of integrity, I won't mention what teams I saw but I did get to see them do the road blocks. It was interesting to see the behind the scenes part of it all just for a few minutes of footage. They did their competition on the AF base there and it was pretty cool. We were not allowed to take pictures for obvious reasons. I can't wait to see the episodes air in Feb to see how it turns out.

then wrote
You will be surprised on who the final 4 will be. I had the opportunity to see all 4 teams in action during a stop in Guam in Dec. IT was very interesting to see what goes behind the filming. It will be interesting to see what actually makes it on TV. They probably filmed for a couple of hours to get just a few minutes of final footage. When the epsiode airs, I will give you more of my take on the "realism" of the tasks accomplished.

fashionblue wrote
fashionblue19-12-2006, 02:19 AM
I happened to be in Macau going back to Hong Kong on 14 Dec and I saw the Amazing Race teams there. It was obvious because the camera men were rushing to film the teams buying the ferry tickets. I recognised one of the pairs (Danny or Oswald I think) from Season 2 but he was partnering with another guy. And when I boarded the ferry, Phil was seated behind me. I casually joked, "oh so the AR teams are here huh?". He just smiled. When I asked if I could take a pic with him, he said "I'll be in deep trouble if I do that!".

eta:
RNO
RNO: I noticed on the first episode that Phil said that a team “will” be eliminated. On the most reason seasons, he's been saying “may” be eliminated at Pit Stops. He also mentioned eight eliminations, but he didn't say anything about the number of non-elimination legs. Is there a reason for this change?

Van Munster: No... The reason – you'll find out when you watch all 13 episodes. Very good of you [to notice that]!

(below)
Cha mystery confessional

« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 11:56:32 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #249 on: April 17, 2007, 11:59:55 PM »
Just asking but there is still nothing there that would prevent D/O to be running decoy there rather than as an actual racer, right? In all three of those cases?

Now know that I absolutely want them around as long as possible--I'm just confused by the BQ confessional this week which in my mind rules out a TBC. Unless of course, they've edited in that confessional from a later date.  :groan:

My head hurts.

puddin--do you think it is TBC, NEL, or something else?

Do you think that D/O are around another week?

Anyone else?
RFF's Golden Rule: