Author Topic: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."  (Read 228860 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."
« Reply #525 on: April 20, 2007, 11:14:15 PM »
Ooohh--I like how Boingo comes when we call! :lol: (I'll ignore the boring part for now...)

Did you see my street pics upstream? Any use?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 20, 2007, 11:19:07 PM »
I just want to remind everybody who thinks that this is a TBC episode that we still have D/K confessional of them in the exact same clothes and have the exact same hair style  (tied up, straight) that they have during the Macau leg. This is most likely a NEL due to the fact that we have a confessional at what appears to be a pit stop.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 12:10:20 AM by Michael D »

Offline Carmen

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #527 on: April 20, 2007, 11:24:51 PM »
I just want to remind everybody who thinks that this is a TBC episode that we still have D/K confessional of them in the exact same clothes and have the exact same hair that they have during the Macau leg. This is most likely a NEL due to the fact that we have a confessional at what appears to be a pit stop.

I always have the same hair when I'm not wearing a wig.  :yikes

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #528 on: April 20, 2007, 11:26:42 PM »

Not at the A-Ma Temple, I think. The building behind looks too run down to be near any place of attraction. Yet I can't find many other wavy patterns on Google Earth. *tears hair* Hunch tells me it's not on the mainland part of Macau, but I don't know if I can trust it!

The Dustin praying cap is on the Nam Van Lake side of the Macau Tower, which is strange since it is on the opposite side of the tower as the entrance, and doesn't actually lead anywhere. Is Dustin waiting for Kandice to jump off the tower, and praying for her safety?

OK, now that I'm temporarily out of my coma, here's my take on the "wavy" street.  After seeing the actual clip, C/M appear to be on a large square, and you can see a corner of a raised (platform?) or something in the square before they cut away.  From what I've read, the "wavy" pattern extends all the way up to the Ruins of Sao Paulo.  My guess is that TAR will at least visit the sacred facade during the episode, if only to get a clue.  It is, after all, the symbol of Macau.  Note Charla is pointing up, maybe in anticipation of climbing the stairs to the ruins (like in Malaysia).  Or, maybe not.   :groan:   Oh, wait, I may be slipping back into my coma again....yes, I feel sleepy.....sleepy......  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 20, 2007, 11:27:08 PM »
nvm

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #530 on: April 20, 2007, 11:38:50 PM »
Thank you Boingo! I guess I'll give up on the Noodle place if those roads are everywhere!

I would like to see the Ruins though...    ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 20, 2007, 11:49:23 PM »
I wonder where those (I can't for the life in me remember what they are called...those things that are pulled by somebody!) come into play.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #532 on: April 20, 2007, 11:52:05 PM »
...someone owes me a new pair of underwear  :lol3:, you all are cracking me up  :lol:!!

digging
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 11:59:22 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #533 on: April 21, 2007, 12:03:44 AM »
typical Macau streets

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #534 on: April 21, 2007, 12:10:23 AM »
these go together

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #535 on: April 21, 2007, 12:11:50 AM »
what Boingo said

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #536 on: April 21, 2007, 12:17:47 AM »
...someone owes me a new pair of underwear  :lol3:, you all are cracking me up  :lol:!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 21, 2007, 12:19:14 AM »
 :lol3:
Nice work peach  :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #538 on: April 21, 2007, 12:21:48 AM »
another

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #539 on: April 21, 2007, 12:22:59 AM »
haha granny panities  :jumpy:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #540 on: April 21, 2007, 12:26:24 AM »
Teri and Ian wanted you to have those! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #541 on: April 21, 2007, 12:30:04 AM »
just comparing the roofs

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #542 on: April 21, 2007, 12:31:22 AM »
Teri and Ian wanted you to have those! :lol3:
:luvu: I like

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #543 on: April 21, 2007, 12:34:44 AM »
I see Eric hating the BQ's is because they don't hold up their end of the deal, this making Eric/Dee even more determined to come in first when it COUNTS  :jam:
( Hoping the Eric/Dee haters turn on the BQ's instead   :snicker: )

I think Puddin's right on the mark (as usual except that time when I primarily thought it was going to be a NEL leg then it was disregarded by her but now she's saying it might be a possibility haha  :hearts: ya Puddin!).

Anyhow, E/D aren't really getting a "winners" edit, it's just more like a "meh we're here and we have really bad luck and bicker sometimes" edit. But I think after this leg it'll all change and from now the whole thing's going to be a clash/real rivalry between them and the BQs for the win (which I think more people would want to see happen as that may be a lesser of 2 evils).

Also, about the ending of the leg (if it's a NEL, TBC or elim whatever haha), I think the producers may have made up their minds on the spot (like that apparent changing of NEL in Malaysia to an elim one) and it'd be like if E/D came in last, they'd be eliminated but if anyone else came in last it'd be a NEL. Are they allowed to do that? I don't know. But it's a bit weird if they assume that E/D are not going to come in last and incur the penalty again.

End of thoughts  :meow:.

:wohoo:  Again everyone keep up the good work and correct me if I'm wrong because I love learning stuff lol.

P.S Wait a sec, are they allowed to make em incur a 1 hour penalty if they come in last again!? ANSWER ME PLEASO DOCTORO!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #544 on: April 21, 2007, 12:37:13 AM »

Too new to be the Macau Ferry Terminal? It's either the base of the Macau Tower or at the taxi stand, ground floor of Shun Tak; the Hong Kong Ferry Terminal.

Neobie thought it might be here.

I like your roofs though but it doesn't extend far enough--at least on that side.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 21, 2007, 12:40:08 AM »
But I think after this leg it'll all change and from now the whole thing's going to be a clash/real rivalry between them and the BQs for the win

I agree, but only if D/K break the deal they make with E/D (if that is the team they do indeed make a deal with), if not I guess Eric just hates them for some other reason (thinks they're fake) but still might get along with them fine from now until the end (AGAIN, only if they DIDN'T break the deal)!

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #546 on: April 21, 2007, 12:44:18 AM »
But I think after this leg it'll all change and from now the whole thing's going to be a clash/real rivalry between them and the BQs for the win

I agree, but only if D/K break the deal they make with E/D (if that is the team they do indeed make a deal with), if not I guess Eric just hates them for some other reason (thinks they're fake) but still might get along with them fine from now until the end (AGAIN, only if they DIDN'T break the deal)!

I think them breaking the deal/pulling some weird **** in this episode may be very probable seeing as...well I dunno...a lot of people I've talked to (quizzed about an E/D victory) where I live say they don't mind, but they just need more to root for from E/D to make their victory more satisfying and this may be it (as much as I love D/K and C/M)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 21, 2007, 12:48:06 AM »
Well, I think the fact that E/D are still in it after all the bad luck they've had is a good enough reason for them to win, but some of us still choose to be dreamers and think of a different out come  :angel: ... like Puddin and Peach showing up to race in the last leg and become the first F/F team to win!

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #548 on: April 21, 2007, 12:51:14 AM »
Well, I think the fact that E/D are still in it after all the bad luck they've had is a good enough reason for them to win, but some of us still choose to be dreamers and think of a different out come  :angel: ... like Puddin and Peach showing up to race in the last leg and become the first F/F team to win!

lol that would be awesome.

Then after Phil would go "THE AMAZING RACE IS COMING TO AUSTRALIA".

Then I'd go on with my mum or my sister and yield the annoying bickering couple and have relations with more BQs and win in a footrace to the finish line and win.

A man can only dream...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #549 on: April 21, 2007, 01:09:13 AM »
more pier at Macau