Author Topic: EP 9 chat & updates  (Read 36020 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: EP 9 chat & updates
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2007, 04:24:32 PM »
FLIGHT INFO FOR THE TEAMS

ORIGINAL FOR Uchenna/Joyce: LH3337 departed KRK 0650 arrived MUC 0815, LH967 departed MUC 935 arrived FRA 1040, MH 5 departed FRA 1230 arrived KUL 0625. Note: I don't see how they would have not had enough time in FRA to straighten out their ticketing problem reported on The Early Show since even if their flight from Munich was late they still had at least one hour in FRA.

MOST PROBABLE ACTUALLY TAKEN BY Uchenna/Joyce based on statement that they were "10 hours behind": depart FRA 1745 LH738 to HKG arriving 1030 Dec. 10, CX738 depart HKG 1250 arriving KUL 1630.

Dustin/Kandice and Oswald/Danny and Eric/Danielle: LO343 depart KRK 0755 arriving CDG 1010, MH21 depart CDG 1200 ariving KUL 0635 (actual arrival 50 minutes later)

Charla/Mirna (I Still Cannot Verify This): LO3910 departs KRK 0600 arrives WAW 0645, LO 233 departs WAW 0755 arrives VIE 0915, connects with OS1 departs VIE 1050 arrives KUL 0445

I think that you have that right.  Program never told us anything about Uchenna and Joyce going through Munich and then Frankfurt.  U/J this morning on TES said that their problem was that the printer broke down when it was printing the tickets but that they went on the frist leg (most likely Munich to Frankfurt) and then had trouble getting their boarding passes reprinted.  Thus they missed their conncection.  There was no trouble with anyone's tickets in Krakow, so the problem must have been in Munich.  Or they missed their connection somewhere else down the line.  Sunset was at 7:07 in Kuala Lumpur and we saw them arriving in the dark, so it must have been later than 4:30.

I wonder why the other travel agents and clerks could not make the same early connections through Warsaw and Vienna as C/M?

And the voice over by Phil describing the Detour Cookie task clearly states that each team should pick a table.  So there must have been five tables there, one for each team.  Reminds me of the Roadblock task that Charla had to do in Argentina: find the white chocolate candy!  Haven't they learned yet to stay away from food challenges?

Is the equal rule still in effect for Roadblocks?  Phil hasn't said anything about that this show.  Or has he?

Offline hound 109

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2007, 05:12:18 PM »

Somebody is giving me a hard time today! :lol:

I just rewatched the episode and The Finish Line where this task was shown again in all its glory.   (Izad! Be sure to watch The Finish Line because I think you are there too!  :luvya:   )

The area with the cookies has multiple tables (I could count at least 6). Phil says "each team must choose a table and look thru 600 boxes of cookies for the one with the licorice center".

So each TABLE must have ONE cookie.

That's how i saw it Peach.   :keeta:

Mrs. Hound made me dvr it twice.  (She couldn't believe they would have to eat through 6000-8000 cookies).   

If Uchenna & Joyce had gone to the cookie stand (instead of getting the "do not pass go, do not collect $200" clue)......they'd still be in Kuala Lumpur.   :rotf:

& to all of you giving Peach a hard time....... :rules:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2007, 05:53:36 PM »
That's how i saw it Peach.   :keeta:

Mrs. Hound made me dvr it twice.  (She couldn't believe they would have to eat through 6000-8000 cookies).   

If Uchenna & Joyce had gone to the cookie stand (instead of getting the "do not pass go, do not collect $200" clue)......they'd still be in Kuala Lumpur.    :rotf:

& to all of you giving Peach a hard time.......   :rules:

My hero!   :luvu:  Thanks!

The editing sure made it look like U/J went directly to Philimination, but in this interview with BuddyTV ,  they say they actually did all the tasks! Sure wish TPTB had given us some inkling of that!

There’s a lot of editing that goes on in this show, obviously.  Was there anything that you wish they had shown from this season that they didn’t?

Uchenna: Well, our time going out, last night…we were surprised at how little they showed of the struggles we went through.  And we did do all the tasks, they didn’t show it, but we did do all the tasks, the road blocks and the detour.  I think that would have been a little more interesting to show, really, that we kept fighting all the way to the end, we didn’t just get a letter to show up at the mat.  I mean, we went from being an hour ahead, missing that flight, because of a broken ticket printer to being 10-hours behind and I think there’s a lot more drama that goes with that than what was showed.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 06:01:23 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Izad

• " spoiler extraordinaire "
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2007, 08:06:59 PM »
Heee... if there is ever a DVD maybe it will be in the outtakes/bloopers reel--I'd pay good money to see that dance! And how nice of you all to go to the extra effort of getting them a cab too! They really owe you big time--want me to give them a message at TARcon??

You know I would owe YOU my firstborn if you do that!  :luvya: They're like my most favorite reailty tv characters ever. I actually told her "I'm a fan!" at Batu Caves and she told me to "tell it to the camera!" but of course, I didn't. LOL. Then while we were pushing the pushcart, I told her again that, "we are fans of yours"... and I told Charla (who was waiting) "you guys are doing great, btw". (and I wonder if she was referring to us when she said that she's got fans here in Malaysia in her confessional - which was recorded at the pitstop). But I don't know if they'll remember me at all though. It would be ubercool if they did.

And even though the others were not my favorite teams, I also shouted "Good Luck guys" to all the other three teams while they were running down the stairs at Batu Caves  , but they probably didn't hear me.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2007, 08:12:13 PM »
Peach - you are going to be mighty busy at TARcon!
You can kill 2 birds with one stone, if you see C/M, tell them izads message, AND get them to sign the same paper D/K signed! I'D LOVE ALL RACERS AUTOGRAPHS...i'm a big nerd.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2007, 08:41:11 PM »
You know I would owe YOU my firstborn if you do that!
And don't think I wouldn't take the little future Ch/Mirna too!  :lol:

All requests cheerfully attempted! Michael's already got me getting autographs, locks of hair, BQ sandwiches (just teasing you Michael  :flirt: )--so I might as well go for broke! And I'm roping in my other RFF partners in crime on the hunt although they don't know it yet.  :angel:

But seriously, you gave us so much enjoyment this season I'll be glad to try to do whatever--just PM me if you would rather...

Always assuming they come of course! It will take nerve to turn up to a TWoP function after she dissed them thoroughly, no matter how funny it was!

Izad--
can you shed any more light on this whole discussion about Romeo hearing that this was meant to be a NEL? I am having a lot of trouble thinking that this could possibly happen, since I've always had complete faith that this could never happen!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Tritium

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2007, 07:57:02 AM »
Did anyone discover this boo-boo by the editing team?

This still was taken before Danny and Oswald arrived at the batik detour in the show. Yet we see Oswald in the background. Obviously, the editors spliced in the footage from a later time.

Some careless editing.  :lol:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 08:20:01 AM by Tritium »

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2007, 09:47:23 AM »
Good eyes, Tritium. Didn't notice that, because I was looking forward on seeing Izad and his crew. :tup:
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.