Author Topic: EP10: "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War."  (Read 153431 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP10: "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War."
« Reply #475 on: April 15, 2007, 01:24:27 PM »
Thought I would do a quick recap of what we do and don't know--please feel free to chime in here!

Hi, could you change Shau Kei Wan to Cheung Sha Wan. Cheung Sha Wan  is in Kowloon
I have posted a updated version of location map some pages before

Thanks SO much annielhy! Did I miss anything else? I meant to go back and do that updated map and forgot...

And I keep worrying that FF idea around too!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline annielhy

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #476 on: April 15, 2007, 02:05:22 PM »
Thought I would do a quick recap of what we do and don't know--please feel free to chime in here!

Hi, could you change Shau Kei Wan to Cheung Sha Wan. Cheung Sha Wan  is in Kowloon

Thanks SO much annielhy! Did I miss anything else? I meant to go back and do that updated map and forgot...

Pretty much ok

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #477 on: April 15, 2007, 02:21:52 PM »

Peach the Fast Forward should be a none issue (and not even for our beliefs), but if David & Mary talked corrrectly about it in season ten.  Then since D & O did use the Fast Forward and benefited from it, they shouldn't be able to use it solely. 

Now another team might, but that would mean teams do one of the tasks and decide to quit and go back and try for the Fast Forward.

Really besides of course the final placement order I think the biggest mystery is what type ofleg are we in.

If my luck holds and Eric & Danielle get in first, it will of course be a TBC leg.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 15, 2007, 02:31:23 PM »
with the times we have, even though I know leads can be easily lost in this game, I have a feeling E/D will finally come in first! If they get first twice that will make all members of the F3 have 2 first place finishes!

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #479 on: April 15, 2007, 02:57:44 PM »
with the times we have, even though I know leads can be easily lost in this game, I have a feeling E/D will finally come in first! If they get first twice that will make all members of the F3 have 2 first place finishes!
Well if spoilers hold, most likely the team in the Final three with teh best placement average will come in 2cd (which is or was a curse until last year when Tyler & James broke it).

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #480 on: April 15, 2007, 03:05:21 PM »
About the sunshine making shadows in the shot of Eric on the bamboo, I think we got lucky.  Because in most of the other shots there are no good shadows, only fuzzy general illuminance directions.  You really can see the good shadows in the Eric shot.  Look at those shadows from each rung of bamboo.  The way the horizontal shadows are spaced about the same as the horizontal rungs of bamboo tells you that the sun is shining very close to horizontal.  That means early in the morning.  On cloudy days, sometimes I see sunshine seeking in under the clouds while the sun is still low.  Then as it rises it goes behind the clouds.  This can happen when the cloud cover is regionally patchy.

I think the times are still consistent with a 12 hour pit stop.  Standard procedures puts them in play at about midnight to 4 am on the morning of December 11th.  Then they get to Hong Kong noon to mid afternoon on the 11th.  They do some task or find something.  Then  have to wait for hours of operation in the morning of the 12th?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #481 on: April 15, 2007, 03:20:08 PM »
This TBC or NEL is driving me nuts ..what are we missing?
12/10 pitstop KL
12/11? extended pitstop, 12 hours?
12/11-12/12 teams doing tasks in HK/ Kowloon etc ..
12/12 assistant pics of Phil & Crew at KL airport, assumes he's heading to HK.
12/13 production assistant logs 12/9 to 12/13 Macau
12/14 Phil & Cha's buying ferry tickets, Macau to HK
12/15 Guam etc ..

pitstop confessionals Eric/Dee , notes this is the shirt ERic is wearing in EP10 HK leg.
Erics solo conf looks like a porch? some sort of lighted ceiling fan. The one with Dee is dark.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 15, 2007, 03:27:13 PM »
if we had shots of danielle doing anything in this episode maybe we'd be able to tell if this was a TBC or a NEL, based on the clothes from that confessional...if Dee is wearing pink tonight we might be in for a nel!..Actually she wears the same clothes a lot so it might mean nothing :(

« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 03:39:42 PM by Michael D »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 15, 2007, 03:40:31 PM »
the solo eric confessional kind of reminds me of the place that C/M and D/K gave confessionals at the malaysian pitstop.

see, the white poles kind of match..
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 03:46:51 PM by Michael D »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #484 on: April 15, 2007, 03:47:22 PM »
I'm going with TBC tonight and NEL next week in Macau.  Four teams into Guam, three teams out of Guam.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #485 on: April 15, 2007, 04:13:21 PM »
the solo eric confessional kind of reminds me of the place that C/M and D/K gave confessionals at the malaysian pitstop.

see, the white poles kind of match..

OK I'm going to watch the insider clips and Ditto Chateau, TBC makes the most sense  :jam:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 15, 2007, 04:17:25 PM »
Puddin, you should watch the ones where the BQs talk about why they feel bad for yielding E/D because I think I remember you can see more scenery in that one..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #487 on: April 15, 2007, 04:22:57 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #488 on: April 15, 2007, 04:23:09 PM »
When one thinks of a rest stop hotel in HK, the first place that comes to mind is The Peninsula Hotel.  The symbol of opulence and luxury.  The potted palms behind Eric kinda look like thay could be at The Peninsula.   :angel:

http://www.hongkong.peninsula.com/phk/photos.html

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 15, 2007, 04:23:58 PM »
There were also palms at the malaysian pitstop! I think it might be from the start of leg10

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #490 on: April 15, 2007, 04:32:20 PM »
When one thinks of a rest stop hotel in HK, the first place that comes to mind is The Peninsula Hotel.  The symbol of opulence and luxury.  The potted palms behind Eric kinda look like thay could be at The Peninsula.   :angel:

I was thinking the pitstop would be Macau/o  :groan: and had no luck there either.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #491 on: April 15, 2007, 04:43:57 PM »
My wish is that instead of having seperate legs for Hong Kong, Macau, Guam and the Final leg.

I would much rather have either the Hong Kong and Macau being one leg, or the Macau Guam being one leg.

So that we can have a non elimination tonight.
Then then the next episode an elimination.

Then have the twist be that the TBC leg is the final two, after all for most seasons we do have just the three teams going for two legs.

And since the new penalty would be meaningless on the leg before the final leg, the TBC would work perfect.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #492 on: April 15, 2007, 04:45:26 PM »
Does anyone think we wil see penalties at the start of this episode?

And if so, should Charla & MIrna get penalized once or twice (since they went to both detours in cabs instead of walking)?

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #493 on: April 15, 2007, 05:22:44 PM »
Looks like TAR starts on time; PGA was rained out and everything else is on schedule.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #494 on: April 15, 2007, 05:37:33 PM »
Puddin-

Your 2nd and 3rd pics with the BQ's in pink and the one with E/D in a living room are without a doubt for sure at the Carcosa in KL--I have tons of pics from there.

But the solo Eric one I believe to be from somewhere else--either HK or Macao?? I can't match the room in that pic to the Carcosa at all.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #495 on: April 15, 2007, 05:46:24 PM »
I think UJ being eliminated rather than being non eliminated screwed them up and this was going to be a TBC to Macao and now it will be changed to a Non Elimination becuase.... ifs it is a TBC it will end in Macao as a Non Elimination and they have never done that, its kind of stupid. It could be still be a TBC but i think everything was moved back with UJ being eliminated early!

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #496 on: April 15, 2007, 05:51:40 PM »

I was thinking the pitstop would be Macau/o  :groan: and had no luck there either.

Withthe possability of Macau being an TBC leg to Guam, we wouldn't have any confessional there.  It would also explainwhy Phil might be on the same ferry as a team if they were the last to get the clu eto keep going.

Will find out shortly.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #497 on: April 15, 2007, 05:59:24 PM »
Puddin-

Your 2nd and 3rd pics with the BQ's in pink and the one with E/D in a living room are without a doubt for sure at the Carcosa in KL--I have tons of pics from there.

But the solo Eric one I believe to be from somewhere else--either HK or Macao?? I can't match the room in that pic to the Carcosa at all.
And Eric/Dees conf looks like night so if the tasks in HK start early whether Hours of operation whatever .. 8am or so Detour, then assuming the RB comes later there is still plenty of daylight how long could it take? Theres still that chance that they get an envelope to keep racing? I guess we'll know SOON  !!

Actual Time:
Rise:  6:55 AM CST
Set:  5:42 PM CST

the only prediction thats safe to say is no one is elimiinated  :lol: ! Just got back from the liquor store, Smirnoff, Kahlua, Sambuca, Baileys & Jagermeister just in case :keeta:!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #498 on: April 15, 2007, 06:02:53 PM »
Chateau--thank you for another great job!

But one concern--(two really)

Is there ANY possibility that the low angle of sun in Eric's shot could be late afternoon instead of early morning??

And would it matter if the shots you were using had been "flipped"??

It is possible that all of the teams are climbing on the other arm of the "U"--but this shot would also make sense if it had been flipped. Would that screw up your time shots? ???

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #499 on: April 15, 2007, 06:06:07 PM »

With the possability of Macau being an TBC leg to Guam, we wouldn't have any confessional there.  It would also explainwhy Phil might be on the same ferry as a team if they were the last to get the clu eto keep going.

Will find out shortly.
Phil isn't always there to hand them the clue to keep racing, they have used the internet in the past but say for instance Season9, Russia, Phil was there to hand of over the clue to keep racing so who the heck knows ..at least we have some surprises this leg  :jumpy:
Another thing ..if the teams leave the night of the 11th from KL to HK, then why is Phil still in KL on the 12th just leaving for HK? or I assume so.