Author Topic: EP10: "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War."  (Read 154008 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP10: "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War."
« Reply #350 on: April 12, 2007, 09:18:36 PM »
Thats why I was asking peach because in the elevator scene it looks dark outside unless of course I'm seeing things that aren't there?

I'm going to have to laugh if that elevator is in the Kuala Lumpur airport:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 09:22:53 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 12, 2007, 09:29:50 PM »
LOL, I would laugh too  :crazy

It would make sense... in the preview they air that shot after the C/M, B/Q argument, and thats when they are trying to get flights into HK..

NIGHT:
Taxi to airport
C/M D/K fight
Elevator?

DAY:
Hong Kong stuff!

???

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 12, 2007, 09:35:02 PM »
The teams arrive at night in HK right?

This is HK Right?
Mirna" lose the losers my friend"

Yes puddin, the taxi is surely in HK

Notice, the night taxi kandice has her hair the same as in the elevator, but in the day taxi kandice has her hair all up..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #353 on: April 12, 2007, 10:38:59 PM »
Thats why I was asking peach because in the elevator scene it looks dark outside unless of course I'm seeing things that aren't there?

I'm going to have to laugh if that elevator is in the Kuala Lumpur airport:
Someone mentioned that up thread but we never looked for the KL elevator and yeah it does look the same but then we have the hair thing, lol but it could also be said that Mirnas hair changes too? a pony tail is a pony tail.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #354 on: April 12, 2007, 11:47:17 PM »
The teams arrive at night in HK right?

Wait--why do we think they arrive in HK at night??

Apskip gave us this upstream:

FLIGHTS TO HONG KONG
Teams arrived at the Kuala Lumpur pitstop between about 2pm and 5pm on Dec. 10. I assume that they will be released 12 hours later and have the chioce of the earliest flights from KL to HK:

CI654 departs KUL 0750 arrives HKG 1155
MH72 departs KUL 0915 arrives HKG 1300
CX720 departs KUL 0935 arrives HKG 1330

There is also a CX flight at 1755 and a MH flight at 1845 if it happens to be a 24 hour extended pitstop. Each takes about 3 3/4 hours.

Maybe that first pic is them leaving for the KL airport in the early AM darkness but the next one is in a taxi in HK in daylight...

Unless it is another 24 hour Pitstop in KL then all bets are off.

PEach it should be 12 hours and we have a bit of a hint that it is.

So far, for every 24 + hour Pit Stop we have enjoyed clips for the Pit Stops.  THis week all we got were insider, and Mat Chats so it should be a 12 hour pit stop.

Offline annielhy

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #355 on: April 13, 2007, 12:07:29 AM »

Taxi view is not HK.

HK is packing of buildings.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 13, 2007, 12:22:14 AM »

Taxi view is not HK.

The reason I don't think the taxi of D/K, C/M are any where near the same place as the Dustin Vs. Mirna is because both dustin and kandice have different hair when they are sitting in that taxi.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 13, 2007, 12:31:20 AM »
 :groan: I don't know why i didn't think of this before..

OK..HAIR SPEC.

Malaysia (including the C/M, D/K fight)

Now, based on the hair that we see D/K doing the detour with:

i think all of these shots are from H/K...

« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 12:34:54 AM by Michael D »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #358 on: April 13, 2007, 12:41:04 AM »
It took me a lot of slowing down but finally saw something..
there really is some weird filtering going on

« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 12:44:44 AM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 13, 2007, 12:44:08 AM »
 (:;) damn those CBS people for confusing us puddin!  :crazy i'm going insane....I'm so glad the weekend is almost here! 1 more school day:)

I knew that had something to do with the filter! It just has to be- i mean, look at that big white ball right above Erics arm and below the star in the middle...what is it reflecting off? the air?  :snicker: ???

Offline hakushu8

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #360 on: April 13, 2007, 01:07:19 AM »
Most probably the ninjas... :ninja

Or it could be Dustin/Kandice... or Charla/Mirna...
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline rottenchestnut

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #361 on: April 13, 2007, 02:29:41 AM »

Taxi view is not HK.

The interior of the taxi in Kuala Lumpur is not like that. And the driver looks more Hongkonger to me. (the day time view)  :cow

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #362 on: April 13, 2007, 09:20:26 AM »
Sun or floating stars behind Eric? Why is there light on the buiding if its not the sun?  No idea if thats good or bad for Eric? lol

Hard to tell with Eric's climb but earlier with Chas on the bamboo wall there is the same glow in the windows and you can see BLUE SKY  behind the building.  From the angle of the sun hitting the window it looks to be mid morning or mid afternoon .  Take your pick.

Offline charla_n_mirna_fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • charla n mirna! <3
« Reply #363 on: April 13, 2007, 09:26:34 AM »
this episode seems to be focusing mainly on dustin n kandice VS charla n mirna

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #364 on: April 13, 2007, 09:58:18 AM »

Well teams have been near on on the same transport (plane) as the producers before.  Usually when either a team is way a head or way behind.

If that was the first part of a leg, then I would asume the CHa's were the last tieam and they went to Hong Kong airport on the same Ferry.

If it was the end of a leg, then I would assume it that the Cha's were way out in front and Phil was rushing to beat tehm to the mat.

I have no idea about down time, if Phil ever spends anytime with the racers, but if it an extended Pit Stop it could be just the extra down time were both producers and teams would be abe to go out and have some fun.  And we know that even during this time teams have both camera and sound guys recording them.

Earlier in the week I read an interview of Uchenna & Joyce and one of them said they were with the Producers till the end of the race.  They were "in sequester" with them.  Maybe D/o were being moved with production since production goes where the racers go.

Sorry, I don't remember were I read the interview.  It may have been here or on the 1st pg of TAR Spoilers at Jokers.  I don't have time to look for it now.  I've spent the morning reading several pages of messages to find out if anyone else brought this up about "sequester" with producers.  When I got to the last page of this thread I realized no one else had brought this up.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #365 on: April 13, 2007, 10:35:49 AM »

Earlier in the week I read an interview of Uchenna & Joyce and one of them said they were with the Producers till the end of the race.  They were "in sequester" with them.  Maybe D/o were being moved with production since production goes where the racers go.

Sorry, I don't remember were I read the interview.  It may have been here or on the 1st pg of TAR Spoilers at Jokers.  I don't have time to look for it now.  I've spent the morning reading several pages of messages to find out if anyone else brought this up about "sequester" with producers.  When I got to the last page of this thread I realized no one else had brought this up.
makz we have a spoiler there that puts the Cha's in Guam doing a task and here is U/J's interview that you speak of.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #366 on: April 13, 2007, 10:38:31 AM »
And it is a kind of sequester in that the teams stay with the race in order to be decoy teams later on. I will say that from everything I had read before, I had only heard of the fourth team out staying on for decoy--does anyone else remember them using the 5th team out as well?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #367 on: April 13, 2007, 10:44:07 AM »
And it is a kind of sequester in that the teams stay with the race in order to be decoy teams later on. I will say that from everything I had read before, I had only heard of the fourth team out staying on for decoy--does anyone else remember them using the 5th team out as well?
The BQ's & Cho's were seen running in NY looking for the anchor that we saw in the final leg of TAR10. Thats one example.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #368 on: April 13, 2007, 11:25:35 AM »
Thanks!

From the Inside Scoop:
MONDAY MORNING ON THE EARLY SHOW

Jury selection is set to begin in the case against legendary music producer Phil Spector. We'll have a preview of his murder trial. Plus, healing childhood epidemics: ADHD, autism, asthma and allergies. How a new program could help you and your children. And, Wedding in a Week continues with hairstyle options for our bride! These stories and more, Monday morning, on The Early Show.

Big surprise! No racers! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #369 on: April 13, 2007, 11:49:25 AM »
I know this doesn't belong in this thread but bumping this up because some of us think this is the Cha's goodbye confessional in, perhaps?, Guam.

Conf from EP10:

Oswald: Danny & I have gone through 13 years of ups and downs but I think ultimately you know its how your result of disagreements at the end that sets the strength of the relationship.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #370 on: April 13, 2007, 01:20:27 PM »

makz we have a spoiler there that puts the Cha's in Guam doing a task and here is U/J's interview that you speak of.

Puddin,

Thanks for posting the links.  I just got home, found the message and saw where you already posted it.  I have read nearly every message in Spoilers here and know that O/D made it to Guam.  I guess my eyes were crossed from reading 4 pages of messages just in this thread after working all night.

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #371 on: April 13, 2007, 03:13:04 PM »
Ok it would make sense if those elevator shots of the BQ's were in Kuala Lumpur, since they arrived at the pitstop during bright daylight.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #372 on: April 13, 2007, 03:16:56 PM »
Ok it would make sense if those elevator shots of the BQ's were in Kuala Lumpur, since they arrived at the pitstop during bright daylight.
ditto, I think they look like the pictures peach posted of the KL airport elevators  :tup:, then the taxi's in the daylight are HK so unless its some weird editing C/M & the BQ's arrive on the same flight to HK.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 13, 2007, 03:19:54 PM »
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too puddin..

and if this episode is a NEL, then E/D "we're not out yet..if we don't win we want the chas to" confessional can be referring to the fact that E/D and D/O got on a later flight and one of them is third, and the other was non-eliminated.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #374 on: April 13, 2007, 04:26:55 PM »
^^ But D/O & The BQ's were spotted in HK together according to apskips spoiler so it just maybe all teams had the same flight or there was some hours of operation in HK that bunched the teams up? or its just some other scenario that puts the BQ's with the Cha's.

apskip posted  at Twop's on Dec 12, 2006:

HONG KONG NEXT SIGHTING
I have received information that Oswald and Danny and Dustin and Kandice have been spotted in Hong Kong. There was no mention of any other teams.