Author Topic: EP10: "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War."  (Read 153465 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP10: "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War."
« Reply #225 on: April 11, 2007, 11:55:38 AM »
Two things that rule out a FF for me are:

1. D/O already took a FF (something tells me Mary didn't know what she was talking about in the interview)
2. This is strongly suspected to be a TBC, which wouldn't leave in room for a FF.

They probably just take the second detour option or something.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #226 on: April 11, 2007, 12:17:36 PM »
Michael, Mary did say they could have went for the FF at the intersection that the Models & Rob/Kim took but still I just don't think the Car/Rollover is the Fast Forward  and will go with it being the other detour option but I could be wrong, lol.
Jeffs Survivor preview was up early last night so we can keep our fingers crossed that Phil's will be up tonight.

annie!! fantastic detailed maps /Location Summaries  :roses: :gj:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 11, 2007, 12:27:05 PM »
 :ninja
Wednesday Phil preview only happened once so far, so I hope it happens again tonight!!

:happy:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 11, 2007, 12:29:59 PM »
PS, I have a dumb question:

Has Erica (the one who uses her myspace as casting: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=147073693) ever had any contestants from TAR as her friend before the show started airing...maybe we could find some of our TAR12 cast once spoilers start going around!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #229 on: April 11, 2007, 12:34:14 PM »
She was friends with Aras and James & Tyler who were also friends, lol.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 11, 2007, 12:45:23 PM »
yeah, I remember somebody was able to figure out that James and Tyler were racing from the kuwait photos thanks to myspace!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #231 on: April 11, 2007, 01:52:41 PM »
That was Marlee but it was after the Turku train pictures were spoiled but still it was great detective work.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 11, 2007, 02:00:51 PM »
oh, yeah, it was still a good job!

I loved the Kuwait and Train spoilers we got from TAR10 for some reason, I remember they got me really excited about TAR again..I wasn't really that into TAR9 after MOJO got eliminated :(

OK, back to something remotely on topic!!

In the preview you saw of Charla kicking down the door was Mirna any where to be seen? If not then that is more then likely the road block! I just assumed that since climbing a bamboo wall and then kicking down a door all kung fu like all seems like the same thing, it was one detour option! Maybe not..

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: April 11, 2007, 02:15:53 PM »
oh, yeah, it was still a good job!

I loved the Kuwait and Train spoilers we got from TAR10 for some reason, I remember they got me really excited about TAR again..I wasn't really that into TAR9 after MOJO got eliminated :(

In the preview you saw of Charla kicking down the door was Mirna any where to be seen? If not then that is more then likely the road block! I just assumed that since climbing a bamboo wall and then kicking down a door all kung fu like all seems like the same thing, it was one detour option! Maybe not..

How about Kung-Fu in 2 parts.  The first part, teams climb the bamboo is for 2 people.  The door kicking, after the climb, is the Roadblock part.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #234 on: April 11, 2007, 02:56:37 PM »
But what about the Cha's? If the car crash is the other detour option then how do they advance to the top of the floor?

I'm guessing C/M have completed the detour here

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 11, 2007, 03:00:18 PM »
Yeah - it looks like they completed it, you can even see the people in the background looking down.

Offline Tyler

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #236 on: April 11, 2007, 03:09:16 PM »
Okay, I think that in TAR10 they were allowed to do the 2nd FF even if the team had claimed the 1st FF BECAUSE the Intersection/FF was the 2nd/last FF and they didn't want to make it to where one team wouldn't be able to go for it because they were stuck with someone who had already claimed it.

However, this time the roles are reversed and the  Intersected FF was before the regular so that is why I think that you can't claim the FF twice in this like you could in TAR10.
TAR Top 6 FavoriteTeams -

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: April 11, 2007, 03:31:48 PM »

I think I'm going to agree with you Michael that the door kicking is a Roadblock. Remember that Charla has to do three of the last four roadblocks, so if the door kicking is to be done by one person from each team in the Detour (assuming that there's only one door to kick), then why didn't Mirna do the kicking? Plus, in that shot of Kandice she wasn't wearing any harness-allowing jacket or whatever it's called, and I think if it was the first part of the Detour she would have already worn it. If it was after the pole climbing, then that's another story. She could have removed it after the climbing task was done.

If anyone from our HK investigators can ID what Kandice is holding here, it's very much appreciated. An emblem, perhaps? Maybe the Roadblock is find something that matches to this emblem?

Great job so far, everyone, especially to our HK investigators. :wohoo:

[attachment deleted by admin]
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 11, 2007, 03:38:06 PM »
I thought it was a mask at first, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline Riomangatar

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • D/K love
« Reply #239 on: April 11, 2007, 04:47:28 PM »
I think this is not going to be a TBC leg cause werent Oswald and Danny spotted in Guam? So it wouldnt make any sense to do this TBC leg and have it be a NEL, cause after Hong Kong, teams would got o Macau, and that would be the NEL pitstop before guam... Its just what I think....

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 11, 2007, 04:51:29 PM »
I think this is not going to be a TBC leg cause werent Oswald and Danny spotted in Guam? So it wouldnt make any sense to do this TBC leg and have it be a NEL, cause after Hong Kong, teams would got o Macau, and that would be the NEL pitstop before guam... Its just what I think....

Hong Kong > TBC > Macau > NEL > Guam > Chas Gone!   :waves:

Offline hound 109

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #241 on: April 11, 2007, 05:26:54 PM »

How about Kung-Fu in 2 parts.  The first part, teams climb the bamboo is for 2 people.  The door kicking, after the climb, is the Roadblock part.
[/quote]

I googled up Bruce Lee (because guys.....he WAS kung fu....you can look it up) & Bamboo & found some interesting items:

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15922063/

- A new (large) Amusement park is being HONORING BRUCE in a the Chinese city of Shunde (near Hong Kong)
- Shunde was his ancestral home (he was actually born in SF).
- This city is also known for its BAMBOO (& as a Mfg center).
- Bamboo is often used for scaffolding (at least in this town, but probably elsewhere)
- Bamboo was a often used as weapon in Bruce Lee's movies.
- I think most of Bruce's movies were filmed in Hong Kong.
- With video Games etc. Bruce's memory lives.  (Even though he died in 1973)
& btw....Bruce Lee was the MAN.  :hero:

& any male in my generation would go out of his way to honor him, maybe there are some Bruce / Kung Fu / Bamboo etc. tasks? 

« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 05:32:30 PM by hound 109 »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: April 11, 2007, 06:01:29 PM »
Fellow HK investigators, is that sheung-hei? Or something of that sort?

Offline bluecatz

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • BQs Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #243 on: April 11, 2007, 06:09:04 PM »
The roadblock probably has to do with looking through rooms (smashing doors) for chinese symbols, which will probably be the name of the place they have to go or their next clue. ???
<3Dustin and Kandice are team 1# <3

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 11, 2007, 06:13:23 PM »
Yeah, that or maybe each team has to pick one colour and search a building for a certain amount of the same symbols...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #245 on: April 11, 2007, 06:13:55 PM »
That's a good idea!

Maybe it is not "what is Kandice going to do with that sign"  but "how many more of those does she need to find"!

Does that look like a symbol for somewhere/something to you HK guys? (and did I say how glad we are that you all are here playing??   :hearts:)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 11, 2007, 06:17:26 PM »
I know, me too peach, it's like having a bunch of googles running around hong kong for us and getting us information  :ninja

Offline Riomangatar

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • D/K love
« Reply #247 on: April 11, 2007, 08:29:04 PM »

Hong Kong > TBC > Macau > NEL > Guam > Chas Gone!   :waves:
[/quote

But why would they make a TBC leg a NEL leg? That would not be cool. But you might be right.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #248 on: April 11, 2007, 08:29:49 PM »
PEACHHHH Report:

Bamboo scaffolding

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2007, 08:34:14 PM »
But why would they make a TBC leg a NEL leg? That would not be cool. But you might be right.

right now it's the only option that will keep the chas around until the finale