Author Topic: EP10: "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War."  (Read 153501 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP10: "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War."
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2007, 01:53:44 PM »
Mine was cottage cheese out of the container! Dullsville.

Hmmmm...They have KFC on their site....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2007, 03:38:16 PM »
I just saw your request for EP11 Macau, peach ..there you go although I'd love to figure out this leg first, lol.
Maybe we had better wait! What if Leg 11 is part 2 Hong Kong?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 03:43:30 PM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2007, 03:39:25 PM »
Yeah but you know Mirna! She's clearly good at airports so she could turn up anywhere. And since we don't know where or when D/O and the BQ's were seen, it doesn't help a lot in pinpointing a time or a task--it could have been anywhere. Unless you know more about your spoiler that you can share?

PEACH, I think you know the answer to your question. If I knew anything more it would have been shared back on Dec. 12 when I learned what I reported. Sure, any team could have also been on the same flight as Dustin/Kandice. In fact, if you look at the flight times all 4 teams should have made it onto the first one. However, the hints for the episode seem to indicate that some were left behind to catch a later flight. That would most likely have been Eric/Danielle and Charla/Mirna. There may be an alternate explanation once we see the episode.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2007, 03:44:09 PM »
apskip has a point - just because C/M try getting on a flight it doesn't always mean they are going to make it...I wonder if it is just D/K and D/O, if it isn't that then it's most likely all of them, or D/O and E/D catch a flight that lands 30 minutes later or something like that.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2007, 04:03:17 PM »
I just saw your request for EP11 Macau, peach ..there you go although I'd love to figure out this leg first, lol.
Maybe we had better wait! What if Leg 11 is part 2 Hong Kong?

That'll be okay--it will still be there waiting for us!

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2007, 04:16:36 PM »
HONG KONG NEXT SIGHTING
I have received information that Oswald and Danny and Dustin and Kandice have been spotted in Hong Kong. There was no mention of any other teams.

I guess my point was that this occurs at one point on a timeline. We have no idea based on this one bit of info what else is happening, who has already come and gone, when this occurred--with no other info to pinpoint this more completely (and no idea as to when they were seen in relation to other teams) it is impossible to relate this one bit of info to any other teams and who might or might not have gotten on a flight. Just trying to keep it in perspective...

I do think that we have a screenshot of D/O waving a ticket so I do believe they got a flight, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the BQ's all the way!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2007, 04:19:32 PM »
I do think that we have a screenshot of D/O waving a ticket so I do believe they got a flight, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the BQ's all the way!

:yess: :yess: :kissy: :luvya:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2007, 05:50:09 PM »
I'm so confused, lol. Can anyone sum all this info up into one paragraph?
 OK I can't help much but could try to sort the pictures out.

( I'll be in and out working on this )

clues

"We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War" --

* Conflict erupts between two teams when one pair attempts to push their way onto a crucial flight before the others.

* Teams conspire to work together to take Dustin & Kandice out of the race. Will the strategy pay off?

*Teams get a kick out of their next destination when they're challenges to break down doors and fight off Kung Fu warriors.
*Teams get a kick out of their next destination when they’re challenged by high flying Kung Fu Warriors while scaling a massive bamboo scaffold.
*THE FINAL FOUR ALL-STAR TEAMS FEEL THE PRESSURE AS THE STAKES CONTINUE TO RISE WHEN RACERS PARTAKE IN A HIGH FLYING DETOUR

:bar:
Airports/ Ticket Agents etc ..
* Conflict erupts between two teams when one pair attempts to push their way onto a crucial flight before the others.
BQ's & C/M

C/M

Cha's
* Teams conspire to work together to take Dustin & Kandice out of the race. Will the strategy pay off?
Dirty pirate hookers!
Detours
*Teams get a kick out of their next destination when they're challenges to break down doors and fight off Kung Fu warriors.
*Teams get a kick out of their next destination when they’re challenged by high flying Kung Fu Warriors while scaling a massive bamboo scaffold.
*THE FINAL FOUR ALL-STAR TEAMS FEEL THE PRESSURE AS THE STAKES CONTINUE TO RISE WHEN RACERS PARTAKE IN A HIGH FLYING DETOUR

:ninja

BQ's

Eric

C/M

Cha's ( old Kai Tak airport, Kowloon HK)
Roadblock
maybe the Roadblock?

Kandice
misc, taxi's etc ...
Cha's

C/M " lose the losers"
BQ's

Eric
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 06:06:09 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2007, 06:04:34 PM »
I wonder if the "lose the losers" line comes from a race to the fake pit stop, with C/M and D/K in the lead...D/K would probably out run C/M then  :yess:

Of course that is just wishful thinking.

Puddin, I'm confused too, maybe Phil's preview will shed more light...but I'm guessing it's going to focus on the fight between C/M and D/K

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2007, 06:27:43 PM »
Neobie.. could this be the same building?

<< the BQ's are on a elevator

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 06:31:08 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2007, 06:35:40 PM »
I keep searching for things along the lines of Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation - Elevators , but i'm getting nothing!

Offline Riomangatar

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • D/K love
« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2007, 06:38:20 PM »
Do you guys think this will be a NEL, and then there would be the TBC leg of Macau and Guam? This makes sense to me...

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2007, 06:40:07 PM »
Do you guys think this will be a NEL, and then there would be the TBC leg of Macau and Guam? This makes sense to me...

But that doesn't make sense with the NEL penalty, since there would be no pit stop at the next leg since it is TBC.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2007, 06:48:16 PM »
I keep searching for things along the lines of Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation - Elevators , but i'm getting nothing!
Well only someone thats been in one of those glass elevators would know for sure, lol. Maybe they just go up there for a clue?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2007, 06:50:30 PM »
yeah it will probably be some a route marker.
I just realized that I don't think that there has been one thing yet this season that both team members have to do in order to get their next clue...like last season they had to swim to the boat...I hope they have something like that in this episode.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2007, 06:51:44 PM »
Micahel

No it would just mean the thirty minute penality applies at the Pit Stop and on a DBC leg there is only one Pit Stop at the end of the 2cd episode.

No logical reason why that penalty wouldn't be applied there.

Not that I think this is what will happen, but it certainly could and it really doesn't violate the spirit of the 30 minute penality.  After all teh two episodes are just one lon gleg with twice the number of tasks (usually two large equilizers and noprovided rest area with food.

And after many of us not wanting to believe the the Pit Stop in Poland was leg 1 of that night, I am not discounting anything.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2007, 06:53:46 PM »
puddin--I think that "Central" area in front of the glass building is in front of the Ritz--I'm checking there...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2007, 06:57:44 PM »
puddin--I think that "Central" area in front of the glass building is in front of the Ritz--I'm checking there...
It is peach ..and there are plenty of glass elevators in Cental Hong Kong  :lol3:. We really need someone thats been there and done that.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2007, 07:11:11 PM »
Well--don't know if it will help but here's an ID of some of the nearby elevator candidates...

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2007, 07:14:59 PM »
common shake ya body baby do that konga! (doesn't know lyrics, but is singing along with American Idol because I'm bored!)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2007, 07:16:27 PM »
Last night I was bored and if you want to see something that will make you poop your pants search videos Old Kai Tak Airport landings  :o

Offline mylastduchess

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2007, 07:40:05 PM »
hmmm... the editors seems to be building a rivalry between the two F/F teams, I wonder if it turned out that this two will be 1/2 in the end! So screw the spoilers I won't accept truth anymore!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2007, 07:42:20 PM »
mylastduchess...welcome to my side!...the side that I have recently dubbed "the side of disappointments!" considering the fact that every time I REALLY, REALLY want a team to win they don't.   :'(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2007, 07:49:44 PM »
puddin-thank you for the memory! I remember landing there was just like doing a nose dive in---you were never quite sure if you would end up in the drink or not!

Michael--maybe you could start rooting really really hard for E/D to win?! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 10, 2007, 07:52:50 PM »
 :lol3:

Yeah - maybe that would work..

GO ERIC AND DANIELLE! ... it pains me to put any names following "GO!" other then D/K...i've been doing it since September after all!