Author Topic: EP10: "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War."  (Read 153127 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP10: "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War."
« on: April 06, 2007, 06:44:19 PM »
04/15 Amazing Race 11, The - "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War."

Hong Kong ( 12/12- 12/13? )

apskip posted  at Twop's on Dec 12, 2006:

HONG KONG NEXT SIGHTING
I have received information that Oswald and Danny and Dustin and Kandice have been spotted in Hong Kong. There was no mention of any other teams.

Blog ... if you can read between the lines
( posted on Dec 13th which may fit in with apskips, friends sighting as posted on the 12th )
*saw the filming of amazing race!
oh my tian. the contestants ran pass me can.
then he camera man ran withh them. hahaa.

sun7kid
*Dustin and Kandice were spotted in Siu Sai Wan, Hong Kong (outside a school). They were holding a yellow clue (from my friend). I think it is a detour *Shau Kei Wan*

introflash:
36. Chateau d if & Neobie: Statue Square, Central, Hong Kong. This shot is was taken here next to the Ritz Carlton in Hong Kong.

Another Hong Kong confirmation thanks to newbie schwarzmoor and peach.

Hi, I'm from Hong Kong and this is my first post. I think the dragons are from Hong Kong instead of Vietnam. The place is the harbour front of the Cultural Centre. I have searched some information about this picture. It is the opening ceremony about the fire safety campagine 2006 - 2007 which is held on 10 Dec. You can see the arch in the picture has some chinese words. It is "家居防火靠你我" which means the "preventing fire at home depends on you and me". And there are buildings behind. The tallest one in the picture looks like the Central Plaza.

I was shocked when I saw that scene.

Ok, it's 10 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui (here), on the other side of the harbor from Shau Kei Wan. Looks like the racers might need an octopus card after all  :lol:.
And here is a confirmation of the Dec 10 date Schwarzmoor mentioned (next to last entry).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:02:33 PM by puddin »

Offline Riomangatar

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • D/K love
Re: EP10: "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War."
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 09:30:34 AM »
I would guess teams would go to macau after hong kong right?
 Do you guys think this will be the TBC leg?

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 11:28:39 AM »
:happy: episode title!

I wonder who says it  ???

It looks like everything will be on time for this week! (the press release and the phils preview!)
Probably Cha's. It sounds like something they would say.

Offline bluecatz

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • BQs Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 06:59:33 PM »
I think Charla/Mirna say the title.[ :duno:
 :easter
<3Dustin and Kandice are team 1# <3

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 12:44:12 PM »
Shau Kei Wan is just a little northwest of Siu Sai Wan; it's another residential area with shopping areas, a fish market, docks, and some more hiking trails. (kmz attached)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 12:46:19 PM »
Here is the hau Kei Wan Government Secondary School in Hong Kong.  It's kind of close to the other one by the stadium.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 08:02:10 PM »
Puddin, I want to be in a beauty queen sandwich!  :rotf:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 08:03:16 PM »
Yaaay! A little DRAMA!    :wohoo:

:lol: :rotf: :lol: at Michael!   :kissy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 08:05:35 PM »
Video

http://video.realityfanforum.com/tar110408.wmv

Can't get gofish to work, so here is a direct link

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 08:07:42 PM »
Pitstop confessionals:

The style looks like the Carcosa but I had a pretty good look there this week and I just don't remember those curtains! :lol: I'll have another look around though because the garden in the background looked right.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 08:15:57 PM »
Thanks Rob!!
Phil: Next week on the Amazing Race..the Beauty Queens go after Charla & Mirna.
Mirna: No touching me :hand:
BQ: I don't want to touch you
Mirna: good luck Yield Queens
Dustin: I'll make a beauty queen sandwich out of her
Phil: and Oswald and Danny take a wild ride
Oswald: why why why why?
Danny: do you ever listen to me?
Cha's : oh my God oh my God!

« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:25:31 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 08:17:10 PM »
Thanks, Rob. The camera is panning too fast to read the sign, but maybe the buildings in the background might be recognized. And the emblem on the stunt-team uniform is too small to read.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 08:36:04 PM »
I'm really hoping the web promo that should be out tomorrow gives us more to go on then what we have..Next week is more then likely a TBC so we should all keep that in mind when speculating!

Offline mylastduchess

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 08:47:22 PM »
C/M or the BQ probably say the title because of their spat

Offline CSSVT

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 08:52:49 PM »
I can't see anyone getting eliminated here....Eric and Daniel and Charla and Mirna are the only ones i can see getting eliminated out of the final four. Charla and Mirna are still in only cus of that HUGE lead they got around 2 eps back and ED are seeming to self destruct.

Anyone have any idea if they'll be going to Hawaii this season?

I had an idea for a challenge in which they'd fly into Maui and have to drive to Hana. 50 Miles of road that takes around 2-3 hours of driving depending on traffic and it's all winding with single lane bridges....would make for a very interesting area but may be too dangerous.....entire area is rain forest-esque.

Edit: Not self destruct so much as lose their dominance. If anyone's self destructing it was the Cha's but they seem to have rectified that by the pitstop.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 08:55:18 PM »
Charla and Mirna are still in only cus of that HUGE lead they got around 2 eps back and ED are seeming to self destruct.

That's not true. C/M lost their lead in the last episode. They had a very good run in this episode. And I also think that E/D got along great in this episode, there didn't appear to be any bickering other then the "he's a woman, I do all the manly RB" thing...ALSO, these two teams, along with D/K make the F3.  :waves: Chas!

I think they are going to Hawaii CSSVT!

That sounds like it would be a cool place to go   :js:

Offline CSSVT

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 09:05:13 PM »
Good point good point. The airlines have really been worse for teams this season it seems. Either way, next leg is almost obviously a Non Elim and if you ask me C/M are the next to go and my final order is Beauties, ED and Chas

The reason the Road to Hana leg would be so intreguing is this: if you arrive in the middle of the afternoon theres a LOT of traffic. I drove it at the end of my spring break, getting on it at 3 PM and arriving in Hana around 6. Left Hana around 6 30 and got in around 8. There's a LOT more traffic in the morning/afternoon.

Another possibility with this location is a detour, take a boat of some sort to get back to the "civilized" area of the island or drive back. with the winding road it's probaby a good 15-20 extra miles on the road than just following the edge of the Island.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2007, 09:12:16 PM »
CSSVT this is where you can find the Hawaii/leg info and welcome to the forum :yaya:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 09:13:45 PM »
Welcome CSSVT!

You might want to review the Hawaii info here and sadly, we already know the final three.

Info on the locations we know in Hawaii can be found and discussed more in The Amazing Race 11 Spoiler section--lots of good stuff there. Hana would have been nice though...

Ooops! puddin beat me to it! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline CSSVT

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »
CSSVT this is where you can find the Hawaii/leg info and welcome to the forum :yaya:

Yup, posted like 2 weeks ago but it seems pretty slow on non race days so I stopped till tonight

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2007, 09:16:51 PM »
Oh sorry CSSVT, i don't read every thing thats posted on the forum, lol.

Offline CSSVT

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2007, 09:18:02 PM »
LOL, np, it was in the general TAR discussion forum. complaining about having to be 21 to enter :(

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2007, 09:22:22 PM »
Good point good point. The airlines have really been worse for teams this season it seems. Either way, next leg is almost obviously a Non Elim and if you ask me C/M are the next to go and my final order is Beauties, ED and Chas

The reason the Road to Hana leg would be so intreguing is this: if you arrive in the middle of the afternoon theres a LOT of traffic. I drove it at the end of my spring break, getting on it at 3 PM and arriving in Hana around 6. Left Hana around 6 30 and got in around 8. There's a LOT more traffic in the morning/afternoon.

Another possibility with this location is a detour, take a boat of some sort to get back to the "civilized" area of the island or drive back. with the winding road it's probaby a good 15-20 extra miles on the road than just following the edge of the Island.

Well belated welcome then.

As to your feelings about performance.  While Eric & Danielle have bickered a little (historically if they are the bickering couple, they are the best behaving bickering couple this show has ever shown).

Charla & Mirna have raced all over the place, this season, from having terrible, terrible legs to doing fairly well.

Eric & Danielle have been in the rear for three episodes, but in reality have raced very strongly, with only aspects of the race that they had no control over putting them in the back of the pack.  With the exception of last episode where the Guido's got eliminated, but with a bus and a intersection to keep the teams close, I don't think they pushed as hard as tehy could have at the end of hte leg on the 1/2 mile walk, but since they knew that they wouldn't be eliminated (due to the known penality of the guidos') they didn't need to.

In fact, once you eliminate the aspect of the race that is outside the racers control, out of the teams left, they have been the most consistent, then Cha, Cha, Cha, then BQ's (who seems to have a habit of starting a race slow), then Charla & Mirna.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2007, 09:42:59 PM »
I'm glad with the way C/M and D/K are running the race. While they might not be getting along, we finally have TWO F/F teams who are both capable of winning.

While I like the BQ's (and did in season 10 as well) and once they get into the race race fairly well.  I don't care for how erratic Charla & Mirna race.  They more often then not are making bad, bad mistakes and taking longer at performing tasks then the other teams.  I find them much close this season to the racing of Lyn & Karlyn a team that I would have been mortified if they won.

I wish we had accurate travel time for each of the long Boat trip to Zanzibar so we could get more then one team to compare on that leg.  While they got a great flight if another team is to be believed all the teams tried and they were just the lucky team they had room for (which kind of removes one level of skill for that episode).

But in all the other episodes this season (even if they placed okay) didn't in fact run good legs.

At least with Dustin & Kandice we have solid proff of legs where they ran strong (one in fact was great).

Though I do like the aspect of seeing a couple all female teams in the top three.  I would rather it be two sets of females that ran strong even legs (of course thats just an opinion).  And we have had three seasons where 2 all male teams have been in the top three. 

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2007, 09:56:19 PM »
Yeah, I know why can't we get all the previews like now.  And have a week to work with them.