Author Topic: EP10: "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War."  (Read 153445 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP10: "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War."
« Reply #450 on: April 15, 2007, 01:39:03 AM »
stupid filters  (:;)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 15, 2007, 01:41:05 AM »
Are you talking about that white tower looking thingy in the background? I think it might just be part of whatever location they are at...it looks to big to move around all the time!!

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #452 on: April 15, 2007, 01:51:51 AM »
Yeah, it looks like scaffolding. Maybe this is in the police station?

Thanks for the time stamps, Chateau! So Eric/Danielle seems to be first at the detour now? That's a different take on the whole thing. I assumed at first that the Dustin/Kandice were doing the detour in the afternoon so Eric/Danielle were doing it at almost dusk, so...
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #453 on: April 15, 2007, 02:02:23 AM »
Puddin - I can't find the D/O picture...what's the time stamp on it?! I hope they aren't that far behind...I want a suspenseful episode for once!!  :'(
Right behind you , lol

Thanks again Chateau and everybody and I mean everybody  :jam: :werock:

eta: and of course I have a tv in my bathrooom :carryon:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #454 on: April 15, 2007, 02:06:58 AM »
Yeah, Chateau, with the best news I have read this week about this episode.

I really want them to win a damn leg.  Or 3.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 15, 2007, 02:07:18 AM »
lol, i love the little "carry on!" emoticon

oh no, that time is very far off from the other teams...uh oh...oh well, time is easily gained/lost in this game so we'll see tomorrow. I agree, we do rock  :jam: ... but especially chateu for being smart and knowing how to tell time based on solar stuff!

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #456 on: April 15, 2007, 02:21:20 AM »
Michael don't worry.  Looks like the first task of the day, and as we Eric & Danielle could easily lose a lead (they better not I will hunt you down (:;) like a dog, a dirty pirate dog  :rotf:), and Dustin & Kandice could just sail through the rest of the days events.

Seriously I would love for the BQ's do get 2cd place.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #457 on: April 15, 2007, 04:48:38 AM »
what about the partly cloudy parts?  :lol:

I don't think the pictures will quote.  I'm referring to Puddin's reply # 320 of this thread.  In particular the first picture.

Check the left side of the picture and note the scaffolding and the green & white umbrella.  Now look at the picture from:  http://www.mandy.com/home.cfm?c=vid307

The 2nd and 3rd pictures are from HK.  It appears TAR hired field shooting equipment for the old airport.  IF, the 2nd picture is TARAS then check out http://www.movcam.com/en-Gallery-1.htm and there are a few more HK pictures in the Movcam Gallery.  Maybe there's a shadow.  The camera man is wearing something around his neck that is on an orange strap that is in the HK pictures but not in the TAR picture.

So we know the van roll-over is on the 12th of Dec.

I would think this type of camera rental is quite expensive and they can't be kept around all day waiting for teams to show up.

IMO:  Danny's reaction in the "office" is when they find out what the FF is.  The female at the window in the "office" may not be a "local".  O/D are the only one's shown around "Kiss my Kids" looking for something (the "office" to find out what the FF is????)  O/D are the only ones shown at the roll-over.  The cameras needed in the car and on the scaffolding would not be cheap.  I think TAR paid a 1 time fee for a Fast Forward.

I have this FF stuck on the brain and can't shake it.  I know that D/O and D/K were seen in HK (together?).  I have a 50/50 chance I'm right.  Although I feel for sure I'm wrong.

I also think that D/K at the school is because they are lost.  D/K are known to have direction problems in the past.

edit to correct a name
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 02:44:54 PM by makz3d »

Offline JulianCheng

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #458 on: April 15, 2007, 06:57:09 AM »
Hey, I am the Camera Operator in the picture you guys posted. My name is Julian Cheng, not "Mr. Cheung"
But why you guys no need to request my approval before posting my picture on the web?
If you all guys have any problem, just ask me directly. I will reply you, no need to guess anything....

@__@

Yours,
Julian Cheng, SOA
Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator

Offline schwarzmoor

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #459 on: April 15, 2007, 07:38:14 AM »
Hey, I am the Camera Operator in the picture you guys posted. My name is Julian Cheng, not "Mr. Cheung"
But why you guys no need to request my approval before posting my picture on the web?
If you all guys have any problem, just ask me directly. I will reply you, no need to guess anything....

@__@

Yours,
Julian Cheng, SOA

Hi, Mr Cheng. I would like to know how much you can reveal about the fliming of The Amazing Race on the 12th Decemeber.

Offline JulianCheng

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #460 on: April 15, 2007, 07:57:08 AM »
I cannot reveal anything about the shoot of Amazing Race, because I have signed contract with CBS

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #461 on: April 15, 2007, 08:06:29 AM »

Hello Mr. Cheng, I don't have an answer to your question and can't speak for the administrators here but I'm sure that if you disapprove of the use of your likeness the moderator or administrator will remove it. Thanks for your offer to help us with the clues. The posters (detectives) at this website enjoy looking for clues about the race and get great satisfaction when their guesses turn out to be what actually takes place. If you participated in putting this episode together let me thank you and I'm sure that we are going to enjoy the work you did for The Amazing Race.

Thank You.   
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 01:05:03 PM by Sanchez 12 »

Offline annielhy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #462 on: April 15, 2007, 08:12:10 AM »
Thought I would do a quick recap of what we do and don't know--please feel free to chime in here!

Hi, could you change Shau Kei Wan to Cheung Sha Wan. Cheung Sha Wan  is in Kowloon
I have posted a updated version of location map some pages before

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/annielhy/hkmetro-2.gif

Offline annielhy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #463 on: April 15, 2007, 08:17:19 AM »
No leads on the umbrella, just advertising for a local pharmacy chain...

The lack of buildings in the background makes me think it's either on the coast or on a rooftop. (Come on, there are high-rises EVERYWHERE in Hong Kong.) To my knowledge, rooftops in Hong Kong make use mostly of parapets, not railings or fences. So... on the harbour somewhere? Kai Tak?

Plus... After rotating, shearing and flipping, 'fook' for 'fortune'?

Watson is also a brand of "purified water". That is the advertising in the umbrella, not the pharmacy (although both owned by "Lee Ka Shang").
Nothing specially.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #464 on: April 15, 2007, 11:10:52 AM »
Assumptions:

Looks like teams must have a 24 hour pit stop, otherwise Chateau's times don't work.

If the DETOUR consists of (1) Climb or (2) Roll then we have
         (1) Climbers:  E/D 7:45AM to 8:15AM
                             D/K 8:30AM to 9:30AM
                             C/M 10:00ish

and (2)  Rollers:        D/O 11:35AM to 12:07PM

So it looks like E/D  may have an early 4 hour lead over D/O

The ROADBLOCK is kick the damn door down!

Kandice is holding a Chinese thing a ma bob  together with a red Roadbllock clue in her left hand
                       Charla has only a flashlight, so that looks like Kandice at that point is ahead of Charla
                       There is a quick scene of D/O in a hallway; O has a red clue in hand taps Danny with it, so Danny must be doing the Roadblock.

No sign of E/D

Perhaps ROADBLOCK has something to do with collecting Chinese sympbols, and then putting them together which would spell out where the PIT STOP IS.

Its a rainy Sunday morning so this is probably all wet stuff.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #465 on: April 15, 2007, 11:24:41 AM »
If it was rainy all day that day how is the sun up in E/D photo?

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #466 on: April 15, 2007, 11:30:30 AM »
Well it depends, you can have rain and sun at the same time, you don't have to have full cloud cover (as longas teh clouds part for where the sun is positioned it wouldn't event shadows and you could still have rain literally falling down on you)..

Or it could be running off and on all day with partial cloud cover.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 15, 2007, 11:32:51 AM »
LOL, oh yeah my bad...sorry I just woke up.

in one of the pictures from the web promo we see C/M and E/D standing beside a ticket agent, and I'm pretty sure we see D/K bag. Since D/O are so far behind at the detour maybe D/O miss the flight, and the three other teams get on?

Either way...we will know tonight :jumpy:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #468 on: April 15, 2007, 11:34:00 AM »
Damn G-Man all this time I thought the climb was the roadblock.  I can be an idiot, sometimes.

I was wondering why people thought Oswald & Danny were so late, I thought they did a detour and thus we have no idea when they started teh roadblock).  That really ruins my timeline for the teams.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #469 on: April 15, 2007, 11:35:08 AM »
LOL, oh yeah my bad...sorry I just woke up.

in one of the pictures from the web promo we see C/M and E/D standing beside a ticket agent, and I'm pretty sure we see D/K bag. Since D/O are so far behind at the detour maybe D/O miss the flight, and the three other teams get on?

Either way...we will know tonight :jumpy:
Thats most likely if they are that far behind.

By the by, are you King Michael at sucks?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 15, 2007, 11:45:12 AM »
Yes  - don't hold it against me though! It's only natural to be more rude over there.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #471 on: April 15, 2007, 12:13:20 PM »

@__@

Yours,
Julian Cheng, SOA

I apologize Mr. Cheng, your pictures have been removed. I can't make up excuses, just know we are crazed Amazing Race fans and "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War :D."

sincerely, puddin

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #472 on: April 15, 2007, 12:17:08 PM »
Yes  - don't hold it against me though! It's only natural to be more rude over there.
Now I understand theh Carmen love. :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #473 on: April 15, 2007, 12:20:39 PM »

@__@

Yours,
Julian Cheng, SOA

And I have sent you a  PM saying how sorry I am if we caused you any inconvenience at all--but how very glad we all are to meet you! We have removed your picture  but hope you will be kind enough to forgive us and will come back to tell us more about your beautiful city and your filming adventures.

peach

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 15, 2007, 12:21:44 PM »
mswood...shhh! (:;)

7 hours !  :wohoo:

Julian Cheng, sorry for any inconvenience we caused you!