Author Topic: EP9: - "The Way You Look, Yeah." (Thanks for the spoilers Izad)  (Read 154853 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP9: - "The Way You Look, Yeah." (dedicated to Izad)
« Reply #250 on: April 04, 2007, 10:40:28 PM »
Shave it? I thought you said cut it?  Nooooo!  >:(

Thanks for the map!  :kuss:  But what are we doing at Hartamus again? (I promise to go reread everything before Sunday but I'm too pooped to whoop tonight!)

Pic=:

O/D
U/J
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: April 04, 2007, 11:06:02 PM »
They're collecting newspapers. There's no street signs to read, but Izad puts it in the Hartamas housing area.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #252 on: April 04, 2007, 11:34:55 PM »
 :waves: Thank you!

Route marker at Batu Caves...

Biking in Hartamus...

Chow =/- batik or cookies...

Pitstop at  Carcosa...

Kampung Bara
THE fire in Kampung Baru (in 2004?), Kuala Lumpur shed some light on the redevelopment of the oldest Malay settlement in the capital. A multi-million tourist attraction with shops, restaurants, and an art, craft and cultural centre will be built on the site of the well-known Pasar Minggu.
The Malaysia International Food and Cultural Centre is apparently part of the first phase of a development plan for the area — which includes the relocation of roadside stalls to sophisticated hawker centres — and is envisaged as the catalyst to transform Kampung Baru. 

And found this:
In line with the Government’s Policy to alleviate road congestion and enhance the existing public transportation system, it has become indispensable to extend the existing Klang Valley Commuter Network to Batu Caves. Upon completion, residence in the Selayang/Gombak municipality would benefit from a high capacity railway service that would also serve as an alternative means for road transportation. The existing single track route will be upgraded to a double track and equipped with new infrastructure, i.e., new bridges, underpasses, drainage systems, new Sentul and Batu Caves Stations, new halts at Taman Wahyu, Kampung Batu and Batu Kentonmen, overhead electrification system 25kV AC (single phase) including modern signalling and communication system. The project is expected to commence in the third quarter of 2004 and expected to complete within a period of 30 months.

And this for directions to Batu Caves:
Directions: 13km north of Kuala Lumpur How to get there: Take Intrakota bus No 11D from the Central Market or the Cityliner bus No 69 at Jalan Pudu to get to Batu Caves. Taxis are also available anywhere around city. Taxi cost from RM12.00 to RM20.00

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #253 on: April 04, 2007, 11:37:09 PM »
haha, yeah, so far i've seen Phil in the brown shirt that he does the "phil's preview" in, and that one!

I wonder if she knows that Izad ( :jam: ) already told the entire internet who is the winner & the loser!

I am so lost!! Has Izad told us who the winner of the race is or just of this episode.

Sorry for asking, but I am a little confused.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 04, 2007, 11:53:27 PM »
I made myself bald  :'(

Offline Izad

• " spoiler extraordinaire "
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #255 on: April 05, 2007, 12:24:32 AM »
Nice find on the BLOG!!! (and just for the record, I don't know that girl.. but some of the faces there look familiar - besides Phil obviously).

The cookies detour was done in the Chow Kit area.. the batik detour was done in Kg (or Kampung) Baru.

I made myself bald  :'(

There, there. At least you can be thankful that you're not balding like me  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #256 on: April 05, 2007, 12:33:17 AM »
Hi  :waves: Izad!

Did that new train station get opened? Would that be a reasonable way for our guys to get there? I know you said public transport would be a nightmare--and I think we see the BQ's at the bus station? How do you think they got to the Caves from the airport?

Thanks for being the go-to guy! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 05, 2007, 12:38:04 AM »
I think I just wont leave my house for a couple of days...yes...that's the plan  :jam:

Offline Izad

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #258 on: April 05, 2007, 12:41:47 AM »
Hi peach!

At Batu Caves, we were actually waiting for them to arrive in a taxi, but was surprised to see them get off at Batu Caves on a public bus! So we think they possibly might've taken the KLIA Express train from the airport into the city, and from there take another (or a few more) buses before they can reach Batu Caves.

From Batu Caves to the next route marker in Kampung Baru, they got on taxis. Don't think they did any driving in this leg.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #259 on: April 05, 2007, 01:18:12 AM »
Peach, the closest rail station I could find is Sentul, 7 km away from Batu. An extension to the caves should be completed in 2009 (near the bottom of the article here). Even if the racers weren't specifically told to take buses, the safe play would probably be to find a Batu bus leaving from the city center rather than risk not finding public transit for the 7 km gap.

Offline hound 109

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #260 on: April 05, 2007, 10:35:12 AM »
The pic at the airport, looks like they are at a check-in line.  Taken on the day they left Malaysia?  Looks like Malaysian airlines?

In the conference room pics.....the two large sheets on the wall look like some sort of schedule.  The paper on the left, looks like it has "Sat, 9 Dec" and it breaks stuff down into different items. the sheet on the right looks like it says 10-dec.   Perhaps this was  staging place for the Malaysian production team in getting ready for the racers to come to the area.  This may be where they were meeting to make sure all tasks were ready to go and boxes set up and who was doing who. 

The sheet on the right I find interesting.  the writing directly under the "10 dec", almost looks like it could be airline info perhaps. 

If the conference room was in the hotel listed - in the right side of the picture - or if the crew or racers stayed there, it was certainly NICE digs. 

The Regent Kaula Lumpur.  (It looks like the phone numbers / area codes match up or are similar)

www.regenthotels.com.    (click on Kuala Lumpur link)

:martini:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #261 on: April 05, 2007, 10:50:02 AM »
I've seen Izad's picture and trust me he is far from balding  :kuss:

CBS Press release:
ONLY FIVE TEAMS REMAIN IN THE RACE AROUND THE WORLD AND ONE DUO FEELING THE PRESSURE FINDS THEMSELVES AT ODDS WITH EACH OTHER, ON "THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS," SUNDAY, APRIL 8, 8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK 
          "The Way You Look, Yeah" -- Some locals in Malaysia can't help but encourage certain Racers in surprising ways and one Racer offers words of advice for the Malaysian youth, on THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS, Sunday, April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 05, 2007, 11:01:21 AM »
 :bunny

yay! press release..
Common Phil's preview!

Is the coming episode considered episode 8, or episode 9?

Offline hound 109

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #263 on: April 05, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »
I've seen Izad's picture and trust me he is far from balding  :kuss:

CBS Press release:
ONLY FIVE TEAMS REMAIN IN THE RACE AROUND THE WORLD AND ONE DUO FEELING THE PRESSURE FINDS THEMSELVES AT ODDS WITH EACH OTHER, ON "THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS," SUNDAY, APRIL 8, 8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK 
          "The Way You Look, Yeah" -- Some locals in Malaysia can't help but encourage certain Racers in surprising ways and [one Racer offers words of advice for the Malaysian youth, on THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS, Sunday, April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network
Just like TAR 7 (Brothers Brian & Greg).... "Stay in school.....Don't do drugs" !!    :funny:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 11:08:14 AM by hound 109 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #264 on: April 05, 2007, 11:06:02 AM »
 Danielle encourages the children after they help her with the trishaw :pedaler: ?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 05, 2007, 11:08:24 AM »
I get the feeling that it's Charla and Mirna who get encouragements from the locals, and then offer them some kind of advise. I also think the threat clue will involve the BQs and another team for some reason?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #267 on: April 05, 2007, 11:58:51 AM »
I am in AWE of the abilities of this group of super detectives!

:tup:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 05, 2007, 12:03:06 PM »
So am I !

I remember trying to make sure to avoid this site all the time before I got into spoilers because I always knew they were the best spoilers.

I'm glad I'm part of it now  :yess: :bunny

Offline bluecatz

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • BQs Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #269 on: April 05, 2007, 02:04:40 PM »
 :hearts: :bunny Awesome spoilers :happy: :rat?:
<3Dustin and Kandice are team 1# <3

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #270 on: April 05, 2007, 04:36:05 PM »
Hey--think Locks of Love! if you happen to have 10" of hair...

And you'll be all ready for summer!

All our boys getting shorn--here is redsox!
OMGOMGOMGOMG!!! I donated my hair 2 Locks of Love like a couple years ago!!! lol it was awesome knowing that my hair would go to a good cause!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 05, 2007, 05:18:05 PM »
philly, where is my preview?  (:;)

Offline Izad

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #272 on: April 05, 2007, 08:53:16 PM »
Danielle encourages the children after they help her with the trishaw :pedaler: ?

That would be my guess as well. When I was there only 1 little kid helped her (the one shown in the preview). And I don't know if they're gonna show this on tv, but the kid not only help push the trishaw.. but also helped her carry the newspapers when her trishaw got a flat.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #273 on: April 05, 2007, 09:06:07 PM »
Thanks for the info Izad!!
and as far as the Phil's preview I can't find a damn thing Michael ..its just not there yet :(

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 05, 2007, 09:10:25 PM »
ooh, thanks Izad!

aw, oh well, the episode's on in 3 days anyways. I miss my hair  :'(