Author Topic: EP9: - "The Way You Look, Yeah." (Thanks for the spoilers Izad)  (Read 154854 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ( 12/9-12/10 ?)

izad writes @ sucks: (on 12/4)
izad
*Have they actually started racing? I know someone who supposedly was contacted to 'help with the production team', that they will be in Malaysia this weekend. Should I start camping out at the airport?
*I'm still a little iffy about this info though.. Does anyone know when/if the race has actually started? it wouldn't make sense for them to start flying into Malaysia if it's still early in the show, would it? 
*More info from my intel.. they will be in Malaysia from the 9th to 12th December . I'm trying to find out where exactly the roadblocks/detours will be so I can have more than one chance of getting their pictures.

Izad posts (on 12/10)

* 5 teams passed through Malaysia..... 4 were seen and documented 

izad adds:
*Those are the orders that they came in. Charla and Mirna got a huge lead. :) The other three teams came in close within each other.
*There five teams in this leg because I'm a good listener.
 *again, since I did not personally see the fifth team, I'm going to take it with a grain of salt..
*from what I 'heard' - an African American couple who got delayed on their flight. with the fifth team, it's not an eye-witness account like the other four, so I can't confirm if what I heard was true.. so y'all can still speculate.

( Hindu temple at Batu Caves , North of Kuala Lumpur )

Charla/Mirna                    Danny/Oswald                        Dustin/Kandice                            Eric/Danielle

**update
**The Chas arrived at exactly 10:00am which means they were pretty close with the BQs.
Though Charla/Mirna has a huge 2 hour lead, don't go nuts yet and discount the possibility of them having an equalizer after this route marke **In order of arrival at the route marker:

Charla/Mirna
(2 hour gap)
The Chas
(10 minutes gap)
The BQs
(30 minutes gap)
Eric/Danielle.

introcaps
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
18. Neobie: Kuala Lumpur Skyline
25. Boingo and Neobie: Putrajaya Mosque, just outside of Kuala Lumpur. I have no idea what they could do in Putrajaya though (it's an artificial capital city). The main mosque at the heart of the Malaysian capital of Putrajaya.
31. Neobie: Petronas Towers, KLCC, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

27. Batu Caves
21. Slowhatch & Neobie: Muragan statue, Batu Caves, Malaysia. The gold guy is Muragan from Batu
30. Batu Caves
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 01:03:14 AM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP9: dedicated to Izad :)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 03:18:01 PM »
Well, I guess they arrive in Malaysia and must immediately go to the caves, which is a route marker, and then *Izad THINKS* there is HOH that cause C/M to lose their two hour lead!

I've been looking forward to this episode since December, ever since I saw D/K still in the race...haha, at that time I was devastated that Rob and Amber weren't there!

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 03:29:56 PM »

Since we started a thread for this episode I will post my airline spec for C/M flying into KL, that is if they are leaving from Warsaw.

LOT Polish Airlines Flt 223
Warsaw to Vienna 7:40am - 9:05am

Austrian Airlines Flt 1
Vienna to Kuala Lumpur  10:50am - 4:45am

Add in time to de-board the airplane, make their way through the airport and possibly take  public transport or drive to the Batu Caves, that puts them at the Batu Caves  by roughly 8:00 am when Izad snapped his pictures of C/M and cheered them on......"Hey Charla and Mirna. Good luck guys, you're doing great. I"m your biggest fan!"   :lol3:  (I'm only guessing he said that)

Also Izad, posted a "random pic" of a nail in a tire over at Sucks.  Perhaps it is a clue to more info that he might have on this leg.

http://www.kennebecbikeski.com/KennebecBike/images/bike-shop/park/tirenail1.jpg

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 03:37:21 PM »

I've been looking forward to this episode since December,

same here Michael.  I've been looking forward to this  episode ever since I heard Izad might see the racers in Malaysia.  I can't wait! :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 08:52:35 PM »
3 more! thanks Izad  :hearts:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 08:53:26 PM »
:)

I love how they are smiling and appreciating the view!!!

GO BQs! *prays for HOH*

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 08:57:46 PM »

Also, should add this that Izad posted after I asked him about their backpacks.  In the pic at the clue box, they don't have their backpacks but standing out front in that open area they did so I was curious as to where the backpacks were and what they were doing standing there.

The picture was taken after they got their clue. As for the backpacks.. I honestly can't remember, but I'm pretty sure they carried their backpacks along with them up the stairs. They could've just put their backpacks down momentarily while reading the clue at the cluebox... and in that pic, they were actually waiting for their cameraman/soundman. (Man, those guys can run I tell ya).

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 09:06:32 PM »
The Muragan statue is so huge and shinyyy, my preciousss. ;D

Apologies if this has already been pointed out. It looks like the cluebox is not inside the caves, just on the steps. So they didn't climb 'till the top. Too crowded and busy, I guess. :(

Oh, and will the pitstop be in Putrajaya, or they would just do tasks there and have the pitstop somewhere?
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 11:12:10 PM »

Since we started a thread for this episode I will post my airline spec for C/M flying into KL, that is if they are leaving from Warsaw.

LOT Polish Airlines Flt 223
Warsaw to Vienna 7:40am - 9:05am

Austrian Airlines Flt 1
Vienna to Kuala Lumpur  10:50am - 4:45am

Add in time to de-board the airplane, make their way through the airport and possibly take  public transport or drive to the Batu Caves, that puts them at the Batu Caves  by roughly 8:00 am when Izad snapped his pictures of C/M and cheered them on......"Hey Charla and Mirna. Good luck guys, you're doing great. I"m your biggest fan!"   :lol3:  (I'm only guessing he said that)

Also Izad, posted a "random pic" of a nail in a tire over at Sucks.  Perhaps it is a clue to more info that he might have on this leg.

http://www.kennebecbikeski.com/KennebecBike/images/bike-shop/park/tirenail1.jpg

COLBY, your analysis makes sense generally. However, if all teams land at 0445, why would there be such a apread in getting to Batu Caves via public transportation? It seems like there must be something in between which spreads out teams a bit.

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 11:38:17 PM »
I dont understant how team could be so spread out at Batu Caves if it is at the beginning of the leg.. apparently C/M come in at the back of the pack in Poland.. so how could they get such a lead so quickly.. those girls are amazing  :luvya:  :hearts:  :wohoo:

I really hope there is no HOH.. I just think it takes the excitement out of it.. Ive been looking foreward to this episode ever since i saw Izad's photos of C/M coming in first  :yess: :jumpy: :happy:

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 12:24:38 AM »
COLBY, your analysis makes sense generally. However, if all teams land at 0445, why would there be such a apread in getting to Batu Caves via public transportation? It seems like there must be something in between which spreads out teams a bit.

The 4:45 AM flight would the flight that Charla and Mirna are on.  According to Izad, Charla and Mirna were at the Batu Caves at 8:00 AM. Also Izad said in his spoiler that he believe the Batu Caves was the first stop for the teams after arriving in Kuala Lumpur.   Danny & Oswald, the BQs and  Eric and Danielle were not seen by Izad until after 10:00 AM.  Therefore it appears the rest of the teams flew in on a later flight.  Otherwise, I would expect that izad would have seen the teams arived around the same time.

I dont understant how team could be so spread out at Batu Caves if it is at the beginning of the leg.. apparently C/M come in at the back of the pack in Poland.. so how could they get such a lead so quickly.. those girls are amazing

That has bothered me as well but we have seen Mirna and Charla work their magic at the airport before.  We just saw that in the previous leg where they took a risk and got on an earlier flight with a risky connection and pulled it off.  Therefore, if Charla and Mirna did come in 3rd or 4th in Poland, the still can manag to pull off finding an eariler flight from Poland to Malaysia just like they did in South Africa.  I know they are capable but what makes me scratch my head ??? is if the BQ's and Danny and Oswald and Eric and Danielle are first at the airport why did they let Charla and Mirna pull this off again!!  Were they too scared to take a risk?   Were Charla and Mirna just smarter and found something that nobody else did? 

I just hope they can maintain their lead.  All it would take is for them to choose a wrong Detour or get lost and the other teams could catch up. 

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 12:29:08 AM »
I just hope they can maintain their lead.  All it would take is for them to choose a wrong Detour or get lost and the other teams could catch up.

I think Izad implied that C/M get hit with Hours of Operation after this

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 10:28:16 AM »
I was looking at Futon Critic but it's going terribly slow!

Offline hound 109

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 11:12:43 AM »

I dont understant how team could be so spread out at Batu Caves if it is at the beginning of the leg.. apparently C/M come in at the back of the pack in Poland.. so how could they get such a lead so quickly.. those girls are amazing

That has bothered me as well but we have seen Mirna and Charla work their magic at the airport before.  We just saw that in the previous leg where they took a risk and got on an earlier flight with a risky connection and pulled it off.  Therefore, if Charla and Mirna did come in 3rd or 4th in Poland, the still can manag to pull off finding an eariler flight from Poland to Malaysia just like they did in South Africa.  I know they are capable but what makes me scratch my head ??? is if the BQ's and Danny and Oswald and Eric and Danielle are first at the airport why did they let Charla and Mirna pull this off again!!  Were they too scared to take a risk?   Were Charla and Mirna just smarter and found something that nobody else did? 

....Or maybe the FIRST FLIGHT (with D/K, Cha & E/D) was delayed at some point en route.   :plane:

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 12:20:57 PM »
....Or maybe the FIRST FLIGHT (with D/K, Cha & E/D) was delayed at some point en route.

True!  It's been awhile since I did the research on the flights.  I actually did the research back in December when Izad first came out with his  spoilers but waited to post it.  If I recall and my memory isn't good right now, the flights I came up with were the earliest flights I could find into KL and that fit with C/M arrving in time to fit Izad's timeline.  Then again, I tried to look up flights that fit the others arriving 2 hours late but was unable to find anything that fit.  there is a flight from Singapore to KL that fit but I couldn't find a Warsaw to Signapore flight that fit.    But I agree, your scenario is possible. 

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 12:33:12 PM »
Also, I was working under the assumption that Izad knew the night before what time the first racer(s) would be reaching the Batu Caves and that is why he was able to be set up at the Caves to catch them when they arrived.  Maybe he can clarify?

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 10:06:26 PM »
Well the flight issue, could be due to several different factors.

A full flight, that has a standby list and they get chosen (Season 5 they were 3rd on a waiting list of teams and got chosen, due to needing a "doctoro".

The might have stopped at a travel agency and been given different info then what is given at the airport (we have seen them do this as well this season the episode Rob & Amber got toasted).

Tehy could be at an airport where teams have all been given different info and they get helped by someone who gives more accurate flight info.

Early teams could be told the plane is full and get the other flight, a later team comes in and room as cleared up (this has happened as well on the show, though so far not this season).

The first fight could be a layover flight that is delayed due to weather, the other could be a direct flight.

Take last season Two flight left at roughlyt eh same time and were supposed to arrrive at the same time, but one flight ended up being nearly an hour and a half late.

There are a host of possabilities that have nothing to do with ability.

For example, according to interviews with Teri & Ian, everyone tried for the early flight to Jburg.  But the only team they managed to get on was Charla & Mirna.  Allt he talk about risk and gamble were probably to either reassure the teams that something could happen to them and kil their lead, or discussion before they chose to try for it.

After all, they all tried to get to JBurg without reservations to get them to Dar Es Salaam.

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 10:07:16 PM »
I breifly remember reading a post by someone.. im pretty sure it was izad.. ages ago when he first told us all about malaysia.. he, or someone els, said something about spotting them at another location.. i think in malaysia.. and they had to go somewhere and c/m were in first again.. i think it had something to do with tarmac  :umn: ??? ok that doesnt really make sens.. but i rermember reading something like that  :groan:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 10:21:26 PM »
I think you are thinking of Guam, if that is the case then apparently at the Road block in Guam they have a lead again!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 01:29:45 AM »
CBS should call this Title : Dedicated to Izad or Thanks A LOT for spoiling our show Izad  (:;)

thanks for the pictures izad....
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 11:45:17 AM by puddin »

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
CBS should call this Title : Dedicated to Izad or Thanks A LOT for spoiling our show Izad

:lol3:

Maybe we should just come up with our own title......

1.  "Are we being followed?"
2.  "Who keeps taking our picture?"
3.  "Malaysia has such helpful people."

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 08:59:36 PM »
Damn you episode title, COME OUT!

:lol3:  I keep checking for it too. 

Did anyone watch TAR:Asia?  They started in Malaysia.  I wonder if they might use some of the same tasks?  Off the top of my head, they repelled down the middle of a high-rise shopping mall and there was a detour where one of the tasks was painting these patterns on a cloth...bahtik I think it was called.  I don't recall what the other detour task was though.  I'll have to relook at episode 1 again.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 09:02:48 PM »
Regarding the repelling, part of me always wonders if this season is so unphysical because they now that Charla would not be able to participate in a lot of the challenges. Can little people repel, I'm not even sure, so my thoughts might be based on something completely retarded.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 09:12:19 PM »
I'm sure she would be able to repel.  I don't see why not. 

I just looked at episode 1 of TAR:Asia and the detour was "Paint or Pot".

Paint.....trace, wax and paint a patter on silk...known as bahtik.  They had to use the same colors as the example they were given.  (in the Asian version, a couple of teams used the wrong colors and they had to redo theirs)

Pot.....using a pottery wheel one member had to mold the clay into a pot while the other person controled the wheel speed. 

The other task on the episode was driving go-carts before heading to the pit stop.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2007, 06:43:50 PM »
Izad has something new posted at sucks......it's a picture of a recycling symbol. 

now we have  a flat tire and a recycling symbol....hmmmmmm.