Author Topic: Future Survivor?  (Read 3936 times)

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
Future Survivor?
« on: March 29, 2007, 07:01:14 AM »

published march 29, 2007 - Metro News Paper Toronto - Rick McGinnis

Survivor boss mulls Canadian location: Report

SURVIVOR: YELLOWKNIFE? I’ve joked about it before, mostly in the context of the licensing agreement that prevents Canadian contestants from appearing on Survivor to protect the rights of the show’s Canadian broadcaster from producing a homegrown version, but it seems that Mark Burnett is actually considering a Canadian locale for some upcoming Survivor, according to a story by David Staples of the Edmonton Journal.

Survivor host Jeff Probst told Staples that “Mark is leaning towards, truly considering, a colder climate, especially if the show goes on further, because it is hard to find locations.”

Probst admitted that “there's some negatives because physically you tend to shut down when you get cold, you don't do as much. You're going to be wearing parkas and hats and boots and you're not going to be in bikinis, and challenges become a little different.” So the skin factor is cut down considerably, and there’s a chance that the fatties – who have a thicker layer of insulation and energy stored in body fat – might probably stand a better chance of surviving the lulls between the challenges while filming on, say, Baffin Island or in an abandoned hunting camp near Lake Of The Woods.

Of course, they don’t have to set an episode in the middle of a Canadian winter - I’d love to see some future gang of Survivor contestants trying to fend off an early-summer black fly infestation somewhere on the Canadian Shield, or boil their buns off under the endless sky, amidst the flat vastness of some isolated Prairie outpost. But that’s just me, and I’m a mean bastard.

~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline Frnchfry34

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Future Survivor?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 08:04:53 PM »
wow i hope thats true! i ahve always wanted a survivor in cold climate!

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
  • Now all we need is The Amazing Race Canada!
Re: Future Survivor?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 01:47:46 PM »
Thats what I was talking about when I posted the artical. (topic name, Survivor comming to Canada!?!?!)
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!