Author Topic: Hell's Kitchen3  (Read 19190 times)

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
Re: Hell's Kitchen3
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2007, 08:01:07 AM »
doh!! so did i!!! I really like bonnie...better than rock!! I Think it would be an easier transition for her to take the job...i believe she is single..they only  brought her parents to the show...rock's wife and kids came....

for her to move...she has nothing holding her back...Rock will have to uproot his kids and wife.

I think for Vegas her ideas will be better than Rock's southern style...Come on the guy said he wanted his waiters to wear JEANS!!

Bonnie seems to be more on track...hope Julia doesn't mess her up!!  she's way too jealous right now.
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2007, 10:04:16 AM »
I have several remarks on last night's competition. The line of the night went to Jean-Philippe the Maitre D' who responded to Rock's nomination of jeans with "I don't really see jeans working out in any restaurant except a saloon" in a really snooty tone(as such a nomination deserved).

Rock gets the "REALLY" award of the night for the statement "Everything I do is strategy" in a positive way and then later he accuses Bonnie of "Everything she does is strategy" in a negative way. You can't have it both ways, Rock.

The judging of the surprise Las Vegas competition was a complete farce. They needed only one judge to decide it, the pair of General Manger and Executive chef from Green Valley Resort. Everything else was window dressing. Let me explain. The last 2 year's winners were strategically positioned in the voting order as penultimate and 3rd from last to assure that they could balance any prior votes to a 3-3 result unless it was already 4-0. I'll bet Ramsay had someone in positions 2, 3, or 4 who was willing to cast a balancing vote (the 2nd judge did) to avoid a 4-0 outcome. That guaranteed that the pair at the end would decide it, which after all was appropriate. So, why not eliminate all the B.S. and just let them do so. I guess that would have prevented the public from seeing the second coming of Robin Leach, which I have to admit was quite a thrill.

Last, we come to the decisions on which of the eliminated contestants to pick for the final teams. I will wager that the teams would have come out the same whether Rock picked first or Bonnie did. I think Bonnie made a major error in selecting Julia when she did not have to. Julia is highly risky. The question is whether that is all a put-on instructed by Ramsay as part of the deal for Culinary school or whether it is real. If it's real, the women's team is in for dissention and deep trouble. I would have picked Josh over Julia as the safe choice. The fact is that none of those contestants after Jen or Brad was worth much anyway, so for the last 2 picks try to stay out of trouble. As a result of the teams, I now think Rock will win.

Offline dustigenes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2007, 04:22:55 PM »
I was sure Jen was going to win, how did he keep Bonnie over Jen?  Was that the only way to insure a win for Rock?

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2007, 04:35:43 PM »
I have several remarks on last night's competition. The line of the night went to Jean-Philippe the Maitre D' who responded to Rock's nomination of jeans with "I don't really see jeans working out in any restaurant except a saloon" in a really snooty tone(as such a nomination deserved).

Rock gets the "REALLY" award of the night for the statement "Everything I do is strategy" in a positive way and then later he accuses Bonnie of "Everything she does is strategy" in a negative way. You can't have it both ways, Rock.

The judging of the surprise Las Vegas competition was a complete farce. They needed only one judge to decide it, the pair of General Manger and Executive chef from Green Valley Resort. Everything else was window dressing. Let me explain. The last 2 year's winners were strategically positioned in the voting order as penultimate and 3rd from last to assure that they could balance any prior votes to a 3-3 result unless it was already 4-0. I'll bet Ramsay had someone in positions 2, 3, or 4 who was willing to cast a balancing vote (the 2nd judge did) to avoid a 4-0 outcome. That guaranteed that the pair at the end would decide it, which after all was appropriate. So, why not eliminate all the B.S. and just let them do so. I guess that would have prevented the public from seeing the second coming of Robin Leach, which I have to admit was quite a thrill.

Last, we come to the decisions on which of the eliminated contestants to pick for the final teams. I will wager that the teams would have come out the same whether Rock picked first or Bonnie did. I think Bonnie made a major error in selecting Julia when she did not have to. Julia is highly risky. The question is whether that is all a put-on instructed by Ramsay as part of the deal for Culinary school or whether it is real. If it's real, the women's team is in for dissention and deep trouble. I would have picked Josh over Julia as the safe choice. The fact is that none of those contestants after Jen or Brad was worth much anyway, so for the last 2 picks try to stay out of trouble. As a result of the teams, I now think Rock will win.

Josh didn't have a single good night in the kitchen if you ask me. Though Julia may be more inexperienced she proved she could get things done when it was necessary and won challenges. I don't care if he went to school or not.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2007, 07:13:14 PM »
My Fox is carrying the Eagles game :james:  (:;) :meow: :dick, my Fox isnt airing it unitil 10:00  (:;)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2007, 10:41:19 PM »
It was your typical "misdirect" show.

Bonnie starts by not addressing an issue raised by Melissa on what the recipes and quantities of ingredients are. She just says that it will all come out all right. Remember these words! Rock contrasts by giving his recipes to his team hours before the competition begins so they can make sure everything is going to be available.

Rock and Bonnie before the opening of Hell's Kitchen for the final night of competition are micromanaging their staff. I bet Ramsay was really proud watching them, as they were modeling their behavior on him.

Each finalist is asked to present an appetizer, main course and dessert for review by Ramsay.
Bonnie chooses a Chevre Salad, Egg Fettucine with Prawns, and Chocolate Truffles.
Rock chooses a Chicken ap, RibEye steak with rice and vegetables, and Vanilla Milkshake with cookies.
Ramsay thinks the chocolate truffles are not quite enough portion. He tells Rock that garlic on the rice is off(I could not figure out too much or too little) and the cookies are not right.
Ramsay summarizes Bonnie's menu as elegant and vibrant. He summarizes Rock's menu as robust.
For room decor, Ramsay calls Bonnie's choices sophisticated, classy, elegant, and clean with panache.
Rock's room decor is rated elegant, sumptuous and smart.

Bonnie as the service beings states for the camera that "Jen and Julia are not my friends tonight. They must obey me." she tells her staff that "I want to hear you respond with Yes, chef all night long."
As appetizers are cooking, Josh is screwing up everything, particularly crabcakes. After Ramsay counsels him, Rock does not give Josh a second chance to get things back in order. He switches Vinnie and Josh, with Josh going to a warming station. Vinnie saves the day on aps for Rock.
Bonnie is winning the battle of on-time quality appetizers. However, as they go into main courses Bonnie runs out of fettucine and must switch to spaghetti as a substitute. Later, she also runs out of prawns. Her signature dish is a shambles due to her lack of translation of her menu into ingredients. She is paying the price for just winging it.

Toward the end of the evening, Bonnie gave Julia an order of the "Do this now" type that Julia refuses to comply with. Bonnie tried to get control of this as Ramsay looked on, but Julia balked again. The task was not important and Bonnie probably should not have overrated its criticality.

After the restaurant officially closes, Ramsay asks both what they would have done differently. Rock says picked Jen first and not picked Josh at all. Bonnie would have double-checked portion sizes(but not done an inventory of ingredients after deteremining the amount of ingredients she expected to need). Ramsay says both demonstrated a lot of leadership(his style), meaning barking at the staff. He tells Bonnie she demonstrated a level of assertiveness. He tells Rock that he was rock solid. He said that he needed time to review the feedback from customers before he could make a decision.

It is time for the decision. In a cheesy FOX move, there is much delay before it is revealed. Rock wins. I felt he had earned it because he ran a good kitchen whereas Bonnie made some fundamental planning errors. The problems I expected from Julia did not really materialize. The problems I expected from Josh did, but Rock overcame them. Rock won a $250,000 annual salary as head chef at the Green Valley Ranch.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 10:54:22 PM by apskip »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2007, 06:40:44 PM »
Love your posts apskip. I've been gone for a week but I did get to watch Hell's Kitchen. Several things were giveaways for me. Bonnie winning the Las Vegas seemed to me to be a runner-up reward, and misdirection for the final winner.

When Bonnie told the women that they must obey her I knew that wouldn't go well. Women (sorry to say this) do not like being told what to do by another woman, they work better when you smooze with them and feel important and part of a team. Rock won that hands-down.

I thought Bonnie telling Julia to do a menial task that wasn't necessary was to put her in her place as a Waffle House cook. It was not important and Bonnie paid the price for that decision as well.

I think Rock showed that he really did deserve to win and even Bonnie said the same thing.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.