Author Topic: EP7/EP8 "If I Were In Town, I Would Ask For Your Number"  (Read 155839 times)

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
Re: EP7/EP8 "If I Were In Town, I Would Ask For Your Number"
« Reply #575 on: April 01, 2007, 05:45:30 PM »
:rotf: i'm excited

I see you've changed your guess on order of arrival again puddin!  :hoppy
I'll be cheering for the BQ's with you on thsi one Michael  :yess:
heckk yess!!!
&& puddin where the hell do u get all the screencaps?????? Lke the one w/ U/J @ the pistop in daylight???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #576 on: April 01, 2007, 05:49:40 PM »
U/J came from the tv.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 01, 2007, 05:52:17 PM »
1 HOUR :yess:

I'm also excited to see the preview for the Malaysian leg! we might be able to see if C/M lose their lead just from the preview!

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #578 on: April 01, 2007, 06:45:34 PM »

I'm also excited to see the preview for the Malaysian leg!

Me too. I'm not sure what I am more excited about, watching this 2 hour episode to see how it all plays out or to see what is in store for Malaysia.

Enjoy the show!  I'll be signing off here until it finishes airing here on the west coast.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 01, 2007, 06:47:02 PM »
Yeah, it'll start in fifteen minutes for me!
I'M SO EXCITED!  :happy:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #580 on: April 01, 2007, 06:49:14 PM »
No fools April, but, guys, I think we are in pretty good shape with the itinerary for tonights double header:

Zanzibar to
Dar es Salaam to
Nairobi to
Amsterdam to
Krakow (via Warsaw?) to
sites around town to
Wieliczka Salt Mines to
Oswiecim-Berkinau to
Pieskowa Skala TBC TO

Czestochowa to
Warsaw (via train) to
  Heros of the Polish Uprising Monument to (Path of Rememberance) to
  Monument to the Ghetto Heros to
  Czapski Palace to
  University of Warsaw to
  Jan III Sobieski Monument (Lazienki Park)
  Palace on the Water
  Pit Stop on Path towards the White House
  Elimination (Bill and Joe)

So much for dreaming, in 15 minutes we face the cold, hard truth!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #581 on: April 01, 2007, 07:15:28 PM »
Had to be a 36 hour pit stop with the departure time to allow Eric & Danielle to spend time with CHarla & Mirna and for them to leave in teh morning 12 hours after the arrival times.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #582 on: April 01, 2007, 07:39:38 PM »
Well we tried, lol.  :jam:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 01, 2007, 08:15:19 PM »
INTERSECTIONS ARE NO GOOD FOR D/K  (:;)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #584 on: April 01, 2007, 08:16:09 PM »
INTERSECTIONS ARE NO GOOD FOR D/K  (:;)

:'( :'( thats twice now :( :'(

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #585 on: April 01, 2007, 09:11:40 PM »
It's alright, they still kicked ass in both legs - because they came in first amidst the people who DIDN'T take the fast forward, so they still KIND of came in first in this leg.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 01, 2007, 10:02:58 PM »
boy - we were wrong LOL

But can I say - I was RIGHT about U/J odd facial expressions with mediocre placings!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 10:21:50 PM by Michael D »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #587 on: April 01, 2007, 10:42:06 PM »
.I'm sorry I am completely losing it with The Amazing RACE.  This is not a race, it is a contrived exercise to keep everyone together.  Like asking a sprinter to run the 100 meters with a ball and chain around the ankle.

Poor Dustin and Kandice: did well in Warsaw and built up a 19 hour lead over Jim and Bill.  BUT they had to wait 14 hours for the first bus and allowed two other teams to catch up and lost the 3:30 lead they had over Uchenna and Joyce.  Auschwitz-Birkenau is only 150 miles southeast of Warsaw.  But they had to wait 14 hours.  I wonder if the rules specifically said they HAD to take the charter bus?  Regularly scheduled buses are readily available and the trip is not expensive and would only take abouit 4 hours at the most to get there (even if they had to go through Krakow first then add another hour). So they could have reached there early in the morning still hours ahead.  But no, TPTB made them wait.

Then they lucked out at the Intersection (don't know why TPTB would hire taxi drivers from Krakow who did not know the way to the theatre) bad luck with the wrong taxi driver.  Then they had to wait another four hours so they eventually lost all of their 19 hour lead over Bill and Joe.

In Ep 7 TPTB edited out the ROADBLOCK which I believe from the evidence shown was to be ROW, ROW YOUR BOAT, MERRILY, MERRILY DOWN THE LAKE FROM THE AGRYKOLA BRIDGE TO THE PALACE ON THE WATER.  Actually some very sloppy editing.  First you see Kandice and Dustin arriving at the Jan III Sobieski statue on the bridge but when they walk to the clue box there is a bad cut and we see Kandice now with a life vest on, reading the clue while a man holds the bow of the rowboat she most likely had to row the 400 yards from the Agrykola Bridge to the Palace on the Water.  The BQ's are now on the steps leading up to the Palace.

We have similar bad cuts with Danny and Oswald.  Danny with the hat at one point holds a red clue envelope and wears a tan life vest as they read the clue at the box on the steps of the Palace with a rowboat in the BG.  And, if fact, we had a preview shot of Danny rowing as he reached the Palace on the Water.  Same with Joyce and Uchenna.  And again when Charla and Mirna arrive at the bridge it is now dark and you can see the Palace on the Water lit up behind them, but as they turn they are now actually on the steps of the palace (how did they get there?)

Not a very satisfying ep 7.  Funny we had it pretty much but had Warsaw after Krakow and did not anticipate a N EL  with the greeter there with Phil.  We had DETOUR down to the middle C (Dustin spotted the out of tune Middle C without any difficulty which helped them build up a big lead or was it Kandice)

One thing to have "hours of operation" etc and other bunch points but when it is contrived to get the teams back together, I lost. 

I'm sorry, but since we know the boot order, and the lack of a true Race Around the World I've really lost interest in watching much more of this nonsense.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 01, 2007, 10:44:05 PM »
Common, it's not that bad! AND the order of the final 3 can still always be wrong, you never know!

I agree with you though, poor Dustin and Kandice!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #589 on: April 01, 2007, 10:54:13 PM »
The editing and the bunching were so frustrating for us (and the BQ's I'm sure!) but I have to say that the comedy (unintentional mostly) in leg 2 will keep me enthralled!

What frustrates me is that I expected more from All Stars--not just more sleeplessness and travel delays but more and better tasks--more excitement! Somehow piano tuning just isn't the same visual as bungee cord jumping over Victoria Falls. I guess they thought the teams had overcome their fears on their original races, but I still think that they have missed a huge marketing tool to pull in millions of new viewers with the most exciting season yet--and this one, while entertaining in its own right, just doesn't do it task wise for me. I bet Mary is sitting at home going, damn--I could have done that!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #590 on: April 01, 2007, 10:58:19 PM »
Damn, I finally got to watch the first part and what really surprises me is the differnt amount of time it took the teams to complete the days task once in Poland.

It took D & K just 1 hour 41 minutes (they rocked this leg, really rocked it)
Next was Eric & Danielle with a rough estimate (since I don't have a exact time of arrival of nearly 3 hours)
Uchenna & Joyce 3 hours 24 minutes
Oswald & Danny 3 hours and 44 minutes
Joe & Bill close to 4 hours and 40 minutes.
and Charla & Mirna with a unbeliavable 8 hours and 12 minutes.  Thats just a tremendous amount of time for this leg.

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #591 on: April 02, 2007, 01:23:43 AM »
How do we know that Warsaw isn't the first destination in Poland?
YAY I was right  ;D :bunny

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #592 on: April 02, 2007, 07:38:12 AM »
I was somewhat surprised by KILIMANJARO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT appearing on the show and with some prominence. It does not show up in any of the best route connection information that I developed. However, it is there as GOOGLE EARTH clearly shows it about 25 miles southeast of downtwon Arusha. The Arusha airport is much smaller and is perhaps 10 miles west of downtown Arusha. KILIMANJARO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (JRO) opened at the end of the 20th century.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 10:56:54 AM by apskip »

Offline pikachuFL

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #593 on: April 02, 2007, 09:04:49 AM »
I'm wondering if anyone got a screencap of Danny and Oswald kissing Phil at the pitstop.  That was too cute! :lol:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #594 on: April 02, 2007, 09:24:00 AM »

It took D & K just 1 hour 41 minutes (they rocked this leg, really rocked it)

And then got royally screwed by TPTB who made them wait 14 hours until the first charter bus left at 1:00PM.  Wonder why, no I know why, TPTB held up the first bus departure until 1:00PM instead of a more normal departure of 7:00AM.  After a four hour drive this would have put the teams into Auschwitz at around 11:00AM instead of after sunset.  Then they could have used better all the daylight footage they obviously had shot in preperation for this visit.  Of course, if the second bus left four hours later (11:00AM) only C/M would have been on that one:  then TPTB would have to charter another bus which would  leave another four hours (3:00PM) later which would include E/D  and then still another bus at 7:00PM for tailendersanJ/B who didn't leave the pitstop until 3:32PM.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #595 on: April 02, 2007, 09:48:28 AM »
I'm wondering if anyone got a screencap of Danny and Oswald kissing Phil at the pitstop.  That was too cute! :lol:

Welcome! pikachuFL! :waves:

Here you go! (Thanks to TARflies!)

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline pikachuFL

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #596 on: April 02, 2007, 10:00:41 AM »
Thanks, peach!  I guess I got my teams mixed up.  I only started watching TAR from the time Colin & Christie were on (season 5, I think???) so I'm not real good at remembering who's who from earlier seasons.

BTW, I've been lurking at this board for several seasons of TAR now.  I could swear I posted once or twice before but maybe not.

Do you have to have a certain number of posts before you can send a pm?  I tried to send a pm to puddin recently and it wouldn't go through.  Just curious.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #597 on: April 02, 2007, 10:11:03 AM »
Welcome pikachuFL :hithere:. Acutually I don't know the pm rules  :-[? but you can email me? puddin.pies@gmail.com < don't laugh  :lol:
Congrats on your 1000 post peach  :dancer: :pickle: :rat?: :congrats:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 02, 2007, 10:12:45 AM »
Congrats Peach! I'm catching up!  :knuckles:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #599 on: April 02, 2007, 10:53:29 AM »
Thanks puddin and Michael!

I should be at 2000 in another day or so..... ;)
RFF's Golden Rule: