Author Topic: EP7/EP8 "If I Were In Town, I Would Ask For Your Number"  (Read 155797 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP7/EP8 "If I Were In Town, I Would Ask For Your Number"
« Reply #225 on: March 28, 2007, 02:19:42 PM »
wtf these time stamps don't make sense! I'd suggest maybe mirna and charla are at another pitstop when phil says he would not kid, but you can see the same greater! I guess the chas are just ahead

Maybe there is a Fast Foward and this is it? :hides

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2007, 02:29:02 PM »
strange..

Take a Bath   

I never figured out what this was about. The bar at the hotel I stayed at put this bath tub and mannaquin out every day on the sidewalk to attract customers I guess, and every night would bring him back in. Not sure what they were trying to appeal to, but judging by the business they were getting it didn't work. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #227 on: March 28, 2007, 02:32:29 PM »
Did I just get mooned by a newbie? :o

Don't worry--I figured that one was coming! :lol: Now I have a Cat Stevens earworm too!

Timewise--remember it gets dark early there--so Ch/Mirna may really not be far "behind" (couldn't resist! :lol:) the Cha's!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 28, 2007, 02:36:22 PM »
Oh I know, I'm just trying to point out that based on the lighting I think it's safe to say that the Chas and possibly the BQs are ahead of C/M...now if only the BQs are ahead of the chas!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #229 on: March 28, 2007, 02:45:30 PM »
wtf these time stamps don't make sense! I'd suggest maybe mirna and charla are at another pitstop when phil says he would not kid, but you can see the same greater! I guess the chas are just ahead, because even if C/M were there before the other teams, I doubt it would take them until nightfall for them to check into the pitstop if they are doing tasks at 10 AM....that would also put them 24 hours in front of the Chas.

For starters as we piece this puzzle together, it looks like the teams had a long 24 or 36 hour pit stop in Zanzibar!  We have a video of the teams frolliking on the beach and stuffing themselves at the sports bar.  But on second look, I did not spot Bill and Joe.  Could this be the next morning say just before noon, but Bill and Joe are sleeping in since they didn't get there until 7:30AM or so in the morning.

Remember we are talking about two episodes here.  So this may be only one of the times the teams meet up with Phil.  Knowing TPTB just to throw people like us off, they may be mixing scenes from the two eps, so, yes the times may seem confusing and mixed up.  If it is a TBC, Phil will be at the first stop but not a greeter.   

From the looks the scene of Phil and the Greeter on the path by the Palace on the Water in Warsaw may be the final pit stop.

Or just to confuse things more, Phil and the Greeter and Pit Stop Mat could be at the end of Ep7 and the end of Ep 8 is TBC or NEL.

How's that for confusing things this Wednesday afternoon.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2007, 02:49:17 PM »
Or just to confuse things more, Phil and the Greeter and Pit Stop Mat could be at the end of Ep7 and the end of Ep 8 is TBC or NEL.

Yeah - that is a possibilty! I would just be very, VERY glad if C/M don't come in first and that's all I'm asking for, it can be any other team but them! I don't completely hate them, but I just don't like it when one team dominates an entire season...especially a team I'm not fond of...I mean, they're hilarious and all..but oh well.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2007, 02:53:09 PM »

Maybe there is a Fast Foward and this is it? :hides

:-\  Or maybe the racers have to row across the lake to get to the "Palace on the Water", instead of taking the bridge across.  (Sure looks like the palace behind the cha.) Then just a short run to meet and greet Phil on the mat.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2007, 02:56:56 PM »
Hopefully the boats have the big duck on the front!

:jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2007, 02:57:51 PM »
That too Boingo, lol.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2007, 03:03:36 PM »
OK so maybe I was reading it wrong  :-[
Sounds like Phil is saying that at the Warsaw pitstop he was still waiting 5 hours for the last team to arrive while the lead teams were already headed to Malaysia, 5 hours ahead of him.

"The first teams were leaving and I was still waiting another five hours for the last team to come in"
"For instance, in that European leg, the first team had a five hour head start on us leaving!"

We were in Europe this last time, and the teams got so spread out, and that's part of what made the whole series tough this time is that the separation was huge.
And there was a spread of seventeen hours from the first team to the last team [one time]. ( We know this is Bill/Joe)
At one point we didn't get to a hotel for almost four days. When we did get to a hotel, we were checked in for two hours. I took a shower, slept for an hour, got woken up and didn't even have time to unpack my bags, and we were gone again.

For instance, in that European leg, the first team had a five hour head start on us leaving!
They get on a flight ahead of you to the next place, and then you get on the ground and I'm meant to go explain the Detail, Roadblock, Yield or Fast Forward before I get to the Pit Stop.
Well, if they've got a five hour lead, they're already through all those challenges, sometimes, and I've got to go straight to the pit stop. Then we've got to work out how I can back track, to go back to these places. Now if it's a two or three hour drive or a plane ride, it becomes a nightmare. It's not a picnic. And I love it, by the way! I carry my own bags and all the rest of it.

So the first team had left, and I was still waiting five hours in the middle of the night, in this cold location.
The only place to be was on the floor of an old building. This one journalist was like, "Wow, you're on the ground trying to sleep?" And I go, "Yeah, it's not like I can go back and lie down in a hotel." Five hours is a long time.

Phils TVGuide interview

"On one part of the race, the teams were so spread out that there was a 17 hour difference between first and last.
The first teams were leaving and I was still waiting another five hours for the last team to come in.
We always hope that if we have a long spread we're at a nice pit stop.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 03:11:05 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2007, 03:06:53 PM »
The beach and hotel in Zanzibar looks pretty good; perhaps even better than the pitstop would have been in Arusha

Offline hound 109

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2007, 03:09:41 PM »
Too bad the twinkies didn't make all stars....they would have SWAM across.

And as far as the timeline....being a double episode with short daylight hours suggest multiple possibilities.  

I believed C/M did two tasks at night, then the TBC mat, then off to do two more tasks the next day (after a nights sleep due to hours of operation).  Others believe that C/M are checking in the PITSTOP at night after (apparently) Cha (& possibly others).  

I do like that boat ride idea...I just wish it was a PADDLE duck though.

& peach.... :flowers:

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 03:16:23 PM by hound 109 »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2007, 03:15:29 PM »
 :o  Interesting....looks like the chas arrive at the palace by boat on the NORTH side.   :-\   Could they be coming from the area near the King Sobieski statue on the bridge north of the palace  ???

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2007, 03:18:30 PM »
Chateau - is there any way you can get a time stamp on any of the BQs pictures?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #239 on: March 28, 2007, 03:22:29 PM »
I think the Stara Kordegarda is used as an  art gallery (last line) so maybe they would have let Phil spend the night inside...

I'm reading the time thing as at one point there was a 17 hour difference (Zanzibar)

But by Warsaw there was only five hours between the first team leaving for Malaysia and Phil being able to leave (way to narrow down the gap!)

& hound--awwww, thanks! :flirt: You're forgiven!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2007, 03:35:27 PM »
Everyone wants Chateau's attention  :waves:

if we pretend this is Marszałkowska St. could you estimate a time? :luvu:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 28, 2007, 03:40:30 PM »
So puddin - still think C/M are first? ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2007, 04:07:38 PM »
puddin said:
me again   ..we really should find the airport in the pics below

And apskip's nice flight data got lost in the Mat excitement...
ADDITIONAL FLIGHT INFO

Due to the statement that "it took one hour" to get from Zanzibar by boat (obviously the hydrofoil) back to Dar-es-Salaam, some additional flight info is appropriate. Here it is:

Flights DAR to NBO
KQ 487   0525 to  0640 Monday only(the day C/M and O/D could possibly use it)
PW4481  0915 to 1030
KL4145   1010 to 1125 Monday only(the day D/K and U/J) could possibly use it)
PW4483 1515 to 1630
PW4495 1630 to 1850
PW0725 1800 to 2030 Monday only
LX0293  2220 to 2335 Monday/Wed./Fri.

A Nonstop Flight from DAR to AMSTERDAM KL569 departs DAR 2350 arrives AMS 0715 (note: this might help E/D and J/B get back even with D/K and U/J)
connecting with KL1363 departing AMS 0925 arriving WAW 1125.

So which airport matches the pictures?

Options:

Zanzibar (highly doubtful because it is just as easy to take the hydrofoil/catamaran! to Dar es Salaam) --but you know me--I've got pics if we need them!

Dar es Salaam :This gets tricky--remember the Hajj is still on and it will be very difficult to arrange flights for the teams Dar to Nairobi (which is the best option for flights to Warsaw per apskip).
     So here is my take on that--we know the teams were meant to be somewhere else for the real Pitstop--possibly Arusha. I think we have no chance of ever seeing whatever tasks were to be done there originally, but I wonder if TPTB had arranged for ongoing transport from there to Nairobi (Car, truck, charter flight, camel--whatever) and since flights out of Dar to Nairobi will be a nightmare--maybe they will still send them to Arusha (?) to take the original transportation on to Nairobi.

So that leaves Dar and Arusha as airport possibilities and I have many non-matching photos (let me know if you want to be PEACHHH'd!)

But Nairobi? It is a match! And fits with the critical need for the Guido's to get on a decent flight.

And just for completeness--I'm in and out of Schipol (Amsterdam) all the time and that doesn't look like a match to me...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2007, 04:13:16 PM »
Nairobi Airport

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #244 on: March 28, 2007, 04:35:01 PM »
2 more...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #245 on: March 28, 2007, 06:03:37 PM »
Do we still think the clock is working? Can't be right?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 28, 2007, 06:04:14 PM »
haha - it looks like it's in the same position to me

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #247 on: March 28, 2007, 06:10:29 PM »
Me too and 3:40 makes no sense.
This could be Oswald/Danny working on the piano task..I don't think Danny would be wearing his heavy hat in Africa,lol.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 28, 2007, 06:11:45 PM »
Where do you see Danny working on the piano task?!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #249 on: March 28, 2007, 06:29:04 PM »
As for if the Pit Stop could actually be leg #7.

If it is then, leg 7 must be a transition leg (similar to leg 5).

It could be either a non elimination, TBC, or even an elimination leg.

But for it to e an elimination leg means we are going ot be stuck with teh same teams for three episodes (that has only happened once in season 5).

Hopefully we get some good material on Phil's preview that can clear up anotehr full leg in Africa (as apskip believes) or a partial leg like I believe.  If so then we can start arguing which is the elimination or non elimination out of the two legs.