Author Topic: EP7/EP8 "If I Were In Town, I Would Ask For Your Number"  (Read 155489 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP7/EP8 "If I Were In Town, I Would Ask For Your Number"
« on: March 19, 2007, 01:37:14 PM »
April 1st Back to Back episodes :

Amazing Race 11, The - "If I Were In Town, I Would Ask For Your Number - Part 1"
Amazing Race 11, The - "If I Were In Town, I Would Ask For Your Number - Part 2"

CBS Press:
Frustration levels hit a high for one team when locals completely ignore then and refuse to help them,while another racer attempts to stop the plane by running out on the tarmac, on a special Two-Hour airing of The Amazing Race : All-Stars Sunday April 1, 8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT.
   "If I Were In Town, I Would Ask For Your Number" --  Teams head to Warsaw, Poland where a disagreement sparks an intense argument and name calling between teammates, on a special two-hour broadcast of THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS, Sunday, April 1 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
Webclues:
* A disagreement sparks an intense argument and name calling between Eric & Danielle.
* Frustration levels hit a high for Charla & Mirna when locals completely ignore them and refuse to help.
*Joe attempts to stop a plane by running out on the tarmac.

Warsaw,Poland
33. Boingo: Equestrian statue of King Jan III Sobieski, victor at Battle of Vienna (1683), trampling a vanquished Turk. Łazienki Park. Warsaw, Poland
EP5 gives us a confessional by the Guidos : "Eric & Danielle were kind of competing in a foot race like olympic atheletes ..and we out ran them"
credits to samiam and the TAR Detectives :)
Lazienki Palace

( picture credit tarflies)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 11:10:04 AM by puddin »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP7/EP8 "If I Were In Town, I Would Ask For Your Number"
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:51:43 PM »
part1 nel part2 philimination or
part1 TBC and part2 philimination

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 02:14:20 PM »
Uber leg?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 02:43:03 PM »
if it's an uber leg would that make it all leg 7?

because that would lead up to legs 12 and 13 both being able to air on May 6th for a 2 hour finale!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 03:01:17 PM »
No its two seperate legs Michael.. and keep dreaming for that 2 hour finale  :angel:

4/1/07 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1107/1108)

Episode Detail: Amazing Race: All-Stars - Amazing Race: All-Stars
The seventh leg of the race. Phil Keoghan is the host.

The eighth leg of the race. Phil Keoghan is the host.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 03:06:48 PM »
aww...oh well, i'll still hold out hope for that finale  :jam:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 06:53:04 PM »
No its two seperate legs Michael.. and keep dreaming for that 2 hour finale  :angel:

4/1/07 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1107/1108)

The seventh leg of the race. Phil Keoghan is the host.

The eighth leg of the race. Phil Keoghan is the host.

So let me see if I can figure all this out.   :-\

Given the remaining racers on the elimination list:
7th: Teri & Ian
6th: Bill & Joe
5th: Uchenna & Joyce
4th: Danny & Oswald

Final 3: Charla & Mirna
Final 3: Eric & Danielle
Final 3: Dustin & Kandice

If Teri & Ian are toast in Tanzania/Zanzibar next Sunday (3/25), then could the double episodes on 4/1 be in Poland, given we don't have any flash vidcaps left for Africa after Tanzania?

That would mean the Guido's are safe in the first leg and then toast in the second Polish leg (given their confessional in a palace?).  That would explain why there are no other Eurorean pitstops.

How does this work out later....5 legs with 5 teams remaining, and 4 known locations(Malaysia, HK/Macau, Guam, Hawaii/SF)
 :groan: (that includes two more NEL).   :umn:  My brain hurts!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 07:20:20 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 07:27:23 PM »
Some thoughts on the time line:
We're pretty darn sure LEG5 ended on DEC 1st or Nov 30th?, TAR real time
that gives us roughly  6 or seven days before the teams hit Warsaw, Poland.
LEG6 Africa part 2, DEC 2nd to lets say DEC 3rd or 4th pitstop "grassy area"
that leaves us with an unexplained say Dec 4th to Dec 6th open time slot
either there is a
  • third leg in Africa or
  • maybe a mystery destination Europe
  • OR 2 legs in Europe/Poland OR
  • a extended pitstop somewhere stuck in there

Warsaw, Poland ( 12/7-12/8?)
Warsaw, Poland izad:  one leg Malaysia 12/9 to12/10 then off to Hong Kong

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 07:34:17 PM »
In D/O mat chat one of them says something like "it's December 1st, world aids day!" so that basically confirms a December 1st finish for leg5.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 07:36:07 PM »
 ;D  Given the Guido confessional vidcap at the "ritzy" looking location, we can assume they survived that leg.  So if Teri/Ian are eliminated next week, then they have to be leaving Africa for Europe for the Guido confessional to hold up.  I agree, there is a lot of extra time to account for.  Two legs in Europe/Poland are almost assured before Malaysia, IMHO.   ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 07:47:54 PM »
In D/O mat chat one of them says something like "it's December 1st, world aids day!" so that basically confirms a December 1st finish for leg5.
Great!!thanks Michael! I hate Mondays and can't seem to catch up on anything
I have some time now and help you look for that mystery Guido confessional place Boingo  :happy:

eta: your a good helper Michael  :jumpy:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 07:56:05 PM by puddin »

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 01:18:19 AM »
here's the vidcap of J/B in European location? It's in Poland yeah?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 09:12:10 AM »
Some thoughts on the time line:
We're pretty darn sure LEG5 ended on DEC 1st or Nov 30th?, TAR real time
that gives us roughly  6 or seven days before the teams hit Warsaw, Poland.
LEG6 Africa part 2, DEC 2nd to lets say DEC 3rd or 4th pitstop "grassy area"
that leaves us with an unexplained say Dec 4th to Dec 6th open time slot
either there is a
  • third leg in Africa or
  • maybe a mystery destination Europe
  • OR 2 legs in Europe/Poland OR
  • a extended pitstop somewhere stuck in there

Warsaw, Poland ( 12/7-12/8?)
Warsaw, Poland izad:  one leg Malaysia 12/9 to12/10 then off to Hong Kong

PUDDIN, you're asking the questions just like I would. My hunch (and it's a strong one) is that the first of the two 4/1 episodes will be in Africa, either Nairobi or Dar-es-Salaam. The second will be Warsaw. It really doesn't matter whether they are structured as NEL or TBC for the first one, since the second one will have to be an elimination to get rid of the Guidos, who do not make the flight to Kuala Lumpur. We know know the 5 teams that do thanks to IZAD.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 09:39:09 AM »
Speculation on the Episode Title: There was a helpful Fern for one of the teams in Africa/Poland, and the team would hang out with the Fern next time they come back to the place.

I've a question: are we thinking here that Hong Kong and Macau are two separate legs? Because over at Sucks, the major thought seems to be that both locations are visited in the same leg. So if the theory over at Sucks is true, where in the timeline can another leg be plausible (e.g. could it be two Europe legs after three Africa legs, or maybe another destination after Hong Kong/Macau and before Guam, B:)) I think this has already been discussed, so ignoring my blabbering is okay.  ;D
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 10:42:20 AM »
Speculation on the Episode Title: There was a helpful Fern for one of the teams in Africa/Poland, and the team would hang out with the Fern next time they come back to the place.

I've a question: are we thinking here that Hong Kong and Macau are two separate legs? Because over at Sucks, the major thought seems to be that both locations are visited in the same leg. So if the theory over at Sucks is true, where in the timeline can another leg be plausible (e.g. could it be two Europe legs after three Africa legs, or maybe another destination after Hong Kong/Macau and before Guam, B:)) I think this has already been discussed, so ignoring my blabbering is okay.  ;D
hakushu, use this thread for the time-line reference. Although the dates may not be 100% accurate we do have some good info found through blogs and such...something like this ...
Hong Kong Dec 12th--
Macau Dec 14th sighting
Guam 15?-16th to Hawaii - 16th to San Fran End City-17th

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 03:07:45 PM »

My only comment is that Sucks thinking it is so doesn't make it so in the face of evidence to the contrary. Hong Kong and Macau are separate episodes even though it appears that they are both going to be NEL or one TBC and the other NEL or even both TBC.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 05:26:03 PM »
I'm much in favor of two legs in Poland.  There are umpteen places to go and do stuff in Poland, especially in Warsaw and Krakow.  Not to overlook the possible visits to Czestochowa, Auschwitz, and Wieliczka Salt Mine.

Where can I see the Bill and Joe confessional?  I might be able to spot the location.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 06:27:58 PM »
Where can I see the Bill and Joe confessional?  I might be able to spot the location.

Yo gingerman,   :yaya:   we're over here spoiling the Guido confessional at the TAR "Antiques Roadshow" Spoilers thread.  ;D

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 07:43:55 PM »

Yo gingerman,   :yaya:   we're over here spoiling the Guido confessional at the TAR "Antiques Roadshow" Spoilers thread.  ;D

Is there a link to the video?  I've checked CBS and can't find it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 08:36:46 PM »
makz3d there is no video, the confessional was on during EP5.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 09:12:21 PM »
makz3d there is no video, the confessional was on during EP5.

Thank you, must have missed.  I'll check for it tomorrow when I get home from work.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 06:13:05 AM »
My waking moment today was the rationale for why I have the strong hunch that episode 7 is going to remain close by in Africa. There are two parts to this. The first is the report from PHIL that he had to return to a pitstop (it had to be on Zanzibar Island) with mosquitoes from 2 hours away due to late arrivals and a need to change its location. That means that the next pitstop has to be in Tanzania or Kenya. With the time factor critical because teams have to get to Warsaw or "miss the window" to get to Kuala Lumpur on time for when they were spotted there, the only places they could reasonably get to in 2 hours are the Dar-es-Salaam area and the Nairobi area.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 06:54:33 AM »
I'm much in favor of two legs in Poland.  There are umpteen places to go and do stuff in Poland, especially in Warsaw and Krakow.  Not to overlook the possible visits to Czestochowa, Auschwitz, and Wieliczka Salt Mine.

Yep. Me too. I like Europe locations.

With the way things are going, the route for TARAS is basically the same as that of TAR7. There are 4 SA legs, 3 Africa legs, 1 Europe leg, and 3 Asia legs. They just replaced a Caribbean location for a South Pacific one. And for TARAS, the Europe leg was before the Asia legs. :groan:
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2007, 08:27:01 AM »
I have copied over my post #169 from teh Intro Flash Screencaps thread here:

Stone Town

It may not have a particularly romantic name, but Stone Town is the old city and cultural heart of Zanzibar, little changed in the last 200 years. It is a place of winding alleys, bustling bazaars, mosques and grand Arab houses whose original owners vied with each other over the extravagance of their dwellings. This one-upmanship is particularly reflected in the brass-studded, carved, wooden doors - there are more than 500 different examples of this handiwork. You can spend many idle hours and days just wandering through the fascinating labyrinth of narrow streets and alleyways.

Stone Town was recently and deservedly declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. More information can be found at the UNESCO website.

Most of the houses that can be seen today were built in the 19th century when Zanzibar was one of the most important trading centres in the Indian Ocean region. The coraline rock of Zanzibar was a good building material, but it is also easily eroded.

The most visible element of Zanzibar's cultural heritage is represented in some of the outstanding architectural and historical landmarks of the Stone Town.

These include the Portuguese Fort (also known as "Old fort"), the House of Wonders (Beit-el-ajaib), the Palace Museum (formerly known as the Sultan's Palace), the Ithnaasheri Dispensary, Balnara Mosque, Bharmal building, the High Court, the Peace Memorial Museum, the Roman Catholic Cathedral and the Anglican Cathedral....quite a few isn't it!

The High Court, the Peace Memorial Museum, Bharmal Building and Stone Town's unique market, reflect British Colonial taste blended with Arabic architecture.

The intricately carved balconies of the Ithnaasheri dispensary reflect Colonial India's architecture while the Roman Catholic Cathedral reflects European Architecture.

The Anglican Cathedral has a combination of elements of Gothic and Islamic architecture.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 12:34:39 PM »
If eps 7 and 8 air on April 1 (or is this a poor April Fool's joke?) that would make the 13th or final ep on May 6 the first Sunday of the critical May sweeps.  Not bad timing at all!