Author Topic: EP6: "We're Going To Trade You For Food Now."  (Read 132245 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP6: "We're Going To Trade You For Food Now."
« Reply #300 on: March 23, 2007, 11:35:11 PM »
haha Puddin :P

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #301 on: March 23, 2007, 11:42:30 PM »
PEACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  :lol:

puddin has come over to the dark side!   :yess:  I keep telling y'all it is contagious!

Have we coined a new word--as in puddin just pulled a PEACHHHH!??

oh gosh--now I have to get up in 5 hours!  :nitenite:

ETA: oh go ahead--live dangerously--links get lost--just put it back! :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #302 on: March 23, 2007, 11:47:56 PM »
haha Puddin :P

Be carefull Michael or I will PEACHHHHHHHH you  :jam:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #303 on: March 23, 2007, 11:48:38 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 23, 2007, 11:50:24 PM »
LOL ok! I'll be good :angel:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #305 on: March 23, 2007, 11:56:02 PM »
Oh they are going to love the BQ's & Dee
 :hugs:

Pemba Island

The capital Chake Chake stands at the top of a beautiful mangrove inlet. Being basically a one street town, if it were on the mainland it would be looked upon as a village. Life here on Pemba is incredibly slow and relaxed, even here in Chake Chake and it is still possible to sit by the side of the road and drink fresh coffee bought from a traditional Arabic coffee seller.

The people in Pemba are incredibly friendly. They are so unused to seeing foreigners that they are open and welcoming to all. In outlying areas children may burst out crying at the sight of the strange wasungu (white people), especially at the sight of long blonde hair. Wherever you pass you will be accompanied by the screams of jambo! jambo!

eta: maybe thats what someone is yelling to the BQ's from the van? jambo! jambo! not Gogogogo

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 23, 2007, 11:58:56 PM »
In outlying areas children may burst out crying at the sight of the strange wasungu (white people), especially at the sight of long blonde hair.

LOL - that's exciting!

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: March 24, 2007, 12:04:27 AM »
 :angel:  The women with head coverings may be the Sisters who teach at the Tomondo Maria Francis Liberman School in Zanzibar.
http://www.dioceseofzanzibar.org/Sisters.htm

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #308 on: March 24, 2007, 12:11:22 AM »
Boingo playing the :sera:

Getting to Fundu Lagoon is part of the fun, and involves a light aircraft flight, a minibus ride and a private speedboat transfer!

You start by catching one of 2 daily Cessna flights, with Coastal or Zan Air, from Zanzibar (or from Tanga) to Pemba’s Karume airport. Failing that, chartering your own little plane is not exorbitant. The resort staff meet you at Pemba airport, with a minibus-taxi to take you to the coast near Chake Chake, where you hop into a waiting yellow speedboat. This whisks you in 15-20 minutes to the resort itself, set deep in the calm inlet of Wambaa.

Alternatively you can catch the ferry from Stone Town to Pemba’s Mkoani port (but this is slow and rather unreliable), and the resort speedboat from there.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #309 on: March 24, 2007, 12:17:27 AM »
Getting to Pemba

BY AIR

Pemba can be reached by air either from Unguja (Zanzibar Island) or from the mainland cities of Dar es Salaam or Tanga. Local air charter companies run daily flights most days of the week. If you are in a group it may prove cheaper per person to charter a flight privately through one of the companies. Alternatively, these same companies often have spare seats on certain charter flights and sell these to individuals for between US$50 and US$100. Flights from Dar es Salaam inevitably go via Zanzibar and may also minvolve a change of plane. There is also a direct flight between Tanga and Pemba which is slightly cheaper at around US$60. The airport tax for flights out of Pemba is US$2.50 per person and is also payable in local currency (TSh).

By Dhow
Most of the dhow traffic to / from Pemba is between Tanga on the mainland. There is very little if any dhow traffic between Zanzibar and Pemba, and those that do travel arrive in Mkoani. This is mostly due to the fact that it is illegal for tourists to travel to Pemba from Zanzibar via dhow. Dhow trips are available from Tanga but services are erratic. They arrive mostly in Mkoani or Wete and run around US$15.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 24, 2007, 12:18:30 AM »
Can somebody put together a new time line of what we *THINK* the episode looks like, and which teams are in the front/back
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 12:22:17 AM by Michael D »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #311 on: March 24, 2007, 12:23:54 AM »
Can somebody put together a new time line of what we *THINK* the episode looks like, and which teams are in the front/bacl
:meow:

1st Uchenna & Joyce
2nd Eric & Dee
insert ,the Chas, Bq's Chmirna
6th Guidos
last Teri & Ian

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 24, 2007, 12:27:14 AM »
LOL, thanks puddin

...fwiw i'm still saying that arrival is wrong  :knuckles:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #313 on: March 24, 2007, 12:40:31 AM »
Jesus, God knows I would much rather have Eric & Danielle towards teh front of the pack.  But I seriously doubt it.

The comments about hte Pit Stop and the 3am time frame, could be the fact that some flights (thuss teams) are so seperated that they have to be out set up at the Pit Stop again very late at night.   It doesn't mean that hey couldn't have checked in tan earlier set of teams, before that.

Unless I am missing something.

People have also said why would Uchenna & Joyce be so happy if they thought they were towards a group in the back.?

On the footage of airplanes do we see Uchenna & Joyce or Eric & Danielle with Teri & Ian or the Guidos (since We know they are on the same flight)?  If not, perhaps htey know there is a group that is even further back( and more then the 30 miute penality).

Or it could just be the lovely children.

Remember if their original season they thought they were last and were depressed until the orphanage and then they were all smiles to the Pit Stop, even thinking they were last (unless I am remembering that episode wrong).

God, is it Sunday yet, going back looking at the airplane photos, now.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #314 on: March 24, 2007, 01:10:17 AM »
Jesus, God knows I would much rather have Eric & Danielle towards teh front of the pack
Yeah That!!

more Pemba Island pictures

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #315 on: March 24, 2007, 01:13:43 AM »
Maybe you guys knew but I didn't about the rear view mirrors on the vans..

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 24, 2007, 01:15:27 AM »
I'm so confused about this whole Pemba Island thing, probably because it's 2 AM, but when did this come up?

edit:
oh! I think I got it

<flight to Tanzania>
Detour
<boat>
Road Block
<pit stop>
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 01:21:34 AM by Michael D »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #317 on: March 24, 2007, 01:33:02 AM »
Trying to place the mystery pitstop...I've been looking through amadeus for 2 hr. flight times from ZNZ. Nairobi is 90-115 minutes away using a small jet in regular scheduled service. Best I could find so far.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 24, 2007, 01:34:15 AM »
oh my god my head is going to frikin explode!

LOL, I can't wait until this episode airs :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #319 on: March 24, 2007, 01:49:47 AM »
Trying to place the mystery pitstop...I've been looking through amadeus for 2 hr. flight times from ZNZ. Nairobi is 90-115 minutes away using a small jet in regular scheduled service. Best I could find so far.
adding this Slowhatch not that it helps, lol

tvguide
"We had to change the location of a pit stop because the teams weren't going to get to a certain place at a certain time. Everything was changing and evolving. We were flying ahead to where the pit stop was going to be, and flew a number of hours to this location only to find out when we landed that the teams weren't EVER going to be able to make the route. We had to put 40 something bags back on the plane and fly all the way back again, then we ended up at a place where we weren't meant to have a pit stop, so things were a little sketchy and there were 12 of us at one point lying on the mat at three in the morning swatting mosquitos."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #320 on: March 24, 2007, 01:51:52 AM »
Thanks for getting those clothing shots up on the BQs.   :hearts:

But, sadly I've got nuttin on making a match to this shot that was Dave Price's elimination interview of the BQs.  It aired on December 4th.  Dave said "I caught up with them just a couple of days ago and talked about their experience."  He was present for their interview.

It may have been filmed on December 2nd in Maputo while teams had yet another 36 hour pit stop.  It may have been filmed while they waited for their December 3rd flight through Malawi (if that was their flight, I don't know).  But I am pretty sure it was not filmed during that 'beach day' overnight wait for the Rat Roadblock (November 30th).  That is because their hair is a mess for the rats.  Dustin's wide flat ring is on in the interview and in TAR11.  Earrings and necklaces (and make up) had to be added for the interview.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #321 on: March 24, 2007, 01:54:12 AM »
Nice try Chateau  :hearts:

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #322 on: March 24, 2007, 06:17:32 AM »
Check out the pictures in Reply #79

K/D are probably on same plane as E/D.  E/D's plane has a purple? design on seatback protector.  Note for K/D that the black guy is leaning forward and his seatback protector is not plain.  Check out the picture showing the seats in front of E/D, I think K/D is 3 rows ahead.  This is the row where the steward's chin is.

Also, the screen shot of D/K sitting and WILL is over the top.  D/K are wearing the same tops as in the plane picture.

Can't tell for sure about O/D except 1 possible detail.  It seems that seats on E/D's plane are higher then the seats in T/I & J/B's seatbacks.  Therefore, I think O/D have the higher seatbacks so they are on the same type plane as E/D & K/D.

Does this mean that all 3 teams are taken off and only Danielle freaks about it?  Maybe as Phil was being called back the first 3 teams have to be prevented from continuing to the pit stop that's no longer a pit stop.  For good TV production is holding off on telling them the reason so that they can film a reaction like Danielle's.

Anyone have a real good idea where the plane is flying from?

Since Danielle and Dustin????? (I get them mixed up) have on different tops I'm thinking they (all teams) have layered clothes and they start with tank top, go to t-shirt, then some type of shirt/blouse/light jacket and so forth.  The flight is the first flight and before the challenge Danielle and Dustin? remove t-shirt to be down to tank top.

So 1 team pulled off/3 teams pulled off; beginning of leg/end of leg; moving pit stop/something Eric said that based on local customs was an insult?

I have read, read and read, searched, looked and I am so confused.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #323 on: March 24, 2007, 08:16:38 AM »
:angel:  The women with head coverings may be the Sisters who teach at the Tomondo Maria Francis Liberman School in Zanzibar.

BOINGO, I clicked on the link you  provided and found the identical picture labeled Cheju Wisdom School. I don't think those 3 sisters are teaching young children, although somebody clearly is.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #324 on: March 24, 2007, 08:38:02 AM »

BOINGO, I clicked on the link you  provided and found the identical picture labeled Cheju Wisdom School. I don't think those 3 sisters are teaching young children, although somebody clearly is.

If you "hover" the mouse pointer over the picture in the link (in Internet Explorer), the Tomondo School info will appear as a caption to the photo.  So there.   :neener: