Author Topic: EP6: "We're Going To Trade You For Food Now."  (Read 132133 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP6: "We're Going To Trade You For Food Now."
« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2007, 02:00:03 PM »
Michael, thats a good question? If Phil had to go out in the middle of the night to the new/grassy pitstop, 3am, what became of the daylight teams ( C/M D/O BQ's) ?

We were in Africa, and the Pit Stop location had to get moved because of logistics.
We'd taken a flight to the next location, packed up about forty bags into a propeller charter flight and flew two hours to the next location.
As soon as we landed, we got a phone call to say the teams had been held up. They were never gonna make it to the pit stop where we were at. We'd just unloaded all the bags in the middle of the night.

So they asked the flight crew if they would fly us back the next morning, and the crew said no; they were gonna go back.
So we had to load all the bags back on the plane, take the two hour flight back again, then go out and in the middle of the night for the pit stop, having not been to bed at all.
There was no facility for any of us, like chairs or any of that. So at one point there was 12 of us, cameramen and production people, all tightly packed onto the mat, which was lying in a grassy area, being absolutely annihilated at 3:00 am by mosquitoes

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2007, 02:02:18 PM »
is it possible that the roadblock isn't before the pit stop and there is something else in this episode?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #202 on: March 23, 2007, 02:02:33 PM »
Boingo  :lol:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2007, 02:18:41 PM »
SUNDAY PROGRAM ALERT

The second area championship basketball game (West) is scheduled repeat scheduled for a 5:00PM tipoff.  Since this is the fourth game to determine the Final Four, you can expext the game to last until at least 7:30PM EDT.  So anyone in the East or Midwest who is setting a recorder for Sunday Night be aware.  To be on the safe side, I would set VCR or TiVo to start at 8:00PM EDT and have it run to 9:45PM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #204 on: March 23, 2007, 02:31:57 PM »
I'm not surprised Gman! The thing I hate is the Canadians know the outcome before we do  (:;)

is it possible that the roadblock isn't before the pit stop and there is something else in this episode?
Like we have it reversed and the Night shots /Roadblock/Confessionals of Uchenna/Joyce and Eric/Dee means they are first and second and the day shots of C/M D/O BQ's puts them behind U/J & E/D?
lets see how this works

Phil
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 06:07:53 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 23, 2007, 02:36:58 PM »
The only thing that has me doubting that is that E/D get pulled from the flight so I can't see how they can be so far ahead of C/M, BQs, and O/D

this is confusing! :(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #206 on: March 23, 2007, 02:38:53 PM »
The only thing that has me doubting that is that E/D get pulled from the flight so I can't see how they can be so far ahead of C/M, BQs, and O/D

this is confusing! :(
Maybe they get an even better flight?
Wheres our flight peeps!! I think Michael rasied a good question and the above scenario fits.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 02:42:24 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 23, 2007, 02:41:37 PM »
I'm not surprised Gman! The thing I hate is the Canadians know the outcome before we do 

:angel:
Maybe they get an even better flight?

Possibly, I don't know! There seems to be a lot going on in this episode

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #208 on: March 23, 2007, 02:43:59 PM »
I have to go do some junk but will be back to see if we could sort the screencaps out again, maybe in reverse Michael  :waves:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 23, 2007, 02:45:27 PM »
hehe, ok puddin! I'll be looking forward to it!  :happy:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2007, 02:55:30 PM »
Another thing to consider is that Charla and Mirna not being in first place seems to make the web clue of "Charla and Mirna gamble on an incredibly risky move that could either make or break the race" because maybe they are behind U/J, E/D and then C/M, along with D/O and the BQs get on another flight, leaving T/I and B/J to battle it out for survival.

This is really unlikely though - I still think C/M are leading, followed by the Chas, BQs, and the rest.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2007, 03:13:11 PM »
I played with this last night--and if this is dawn not dusk, it makes sense why O/J are so happy in their taxi afterwards( in the dark), which you would think they wouldn't be if they were that far behind.

But--I couldn't quite talk myself into figuring out how Ch/Mirna got behind again if they are supposed to have some "live or die" moment.

My brain hurts--think I'll go swim with the dolphins! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2007, 03:23:11 PM »
Peach - if it were dawn wouldn't E/D and U/J confessionals be light and not dark?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2007, 03:52:39 PM »
bump so i can play with this again .. :lol:
remember I'm working on it

tvguide:
Episode Detail: We're Going to Trade You for Food Now - Amazing Race: All-Stars
The teams travel from Mozambique to Tanzania on the sixth leg of the race. A high-seas adventure turns into a nightmare for Charla; Eric and Danielle become upset when they are pulled off of a plane they have boarded; and Charla and Mirna make a risky move in an attempt to get ahead of the pack. Phil Keoghan is the host.

:bar:
Airport
**Charla & Mirna gamble on an incredibly risky move that could mean the difference between life and death in the race.
**As the Racers head to Tanzania, one Team takes a huge risk and puts it all on the line in an attempt to get ahead of the pack.

Teri/Ian same flight with the Guidos at some point:

**Eric & Danielle hit their breaking point when they're pulled from an airplane they already boarded.
**and one team hits their breaking point when they are pulled from an airplane when they already boarded.

(:;)

HeeHee

.. glad its not us
Sail/Dhow screenshots
Sea
**A high seas adventure turns into a nightmare for Charla.
**A high seas adventure turns into a nightmare for one racer

Uchenna

The Chas & Chmirna

Detour==Ox Board/gather or Puzzle board?  

gather

BQ's

Phil: and in this leg you are going to see an amazing finish between 2 underdog teams, racing neck and neck to come in 
Puzzle
assumes the Guidos & Teri/Ian

Roadblock
Phil interview: So we had to load all the bags back on the plane, take the two hour flight back again, then go out and in the middle of the night for the pit stop, having not been to bed at all.
There was no facility for any of us, like chairs or any of that. So at one point there was 12 of us, cameramen and production people, all tightly packed onto the mat, which was lying in a grassy area, being absolutely annihilated at 3:00 am by mosquitoes

Phil: target for elimnation, Uchenna miss's the mark at the Roadblock
Joyce: come on Uchenna!
Uchenna: I'm trying

Ucheena

Danielle
Phil
Mirna

Danny

Pitstop
**Uchenna & Joyce are overcome with emotions when they see local people who makes them think about themselves.
  Uchenna: my father's from Nigeria

Misc~

" the winner takes it all, the loser goes home"

« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:06:52 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2007, 03:55:44 PM »
is their a flight half way through the episode maybe?!

probably not :umn:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2007, 04:04:11 PM »
We need more feed back Michael and its Friday and people are busy.

New order of arrival ?

1st: Ucheena & Joyce
2nd: Eric & Dee
3rd: Charla & Mirna or the Chas
4th: The Chas or Charla and Mirna
5th: BQ's
6th: The Guidos
7th: Teri and Ian

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2007, 04:07:26 PM »
that STILL doesn't make sense because if Phil said the pit stop was at 3AM then that would have C/M, O/D, BQs, and J/B checking in a very long time after E/D and U/J, and I just don't see that happening, especially with the web clue of C/M doing something that can "make or break the race"

I think we have the order of arrival right...we are just missing something:S

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 23, 2007, 04:08:52 PM »
also it's just getting dark when U/J are leaving the RB which would put them even MORE ahead of the others.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #218 on: March 23, 2007, 04:10:37 PM »
^^ Hasn't there been fast forwards in the past where the winners of the fast forward skip detour tasks and only have to do the Roadblock?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 23, 2007, 04:14:22 PM »
I don't think so, usually the FF is introduced at the first  Detour or Roadblock clue (whichever comes first).

hm, could it be that the roadblock comes FIRST, then the teams have to go some where that has HOH then the next day they do the boat/roadblock, which somehow takes up to 3 AM?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #220 on: March 23, 2007, 04:25:23 PM »
I don't think so, usually the FF is introduced at the first  Detour or Roadblock clue (whichever comes first).

hm, could it be that the roadblock comes FIRST, then the teams have to go some where that has HOH then the next day they do the boat/roadblock, which somehow takes up to 3 AM?
Ok then for the sake of argueing there is NO Fast Forward.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 23, 2007, 04:26:31 PM »
LOL, now i'm just grasping at straws

It's funny because this morning I was kind of sad that we knew to much about this episode and now we are back at square one (kind of).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #222 on: March 23, 2007, 04:31:56 PM »
Phil never said the Pitstop was at 3AM--just that they were there waiting at 3AM which could mean team arrivals anytime after that...maybe makes a dawn arrival more likely than a dusk arrival though...

FF team usually skips all tasks except for their own one thing and then goes directly to the Pitstop. I don't remember a FF where the special task was the same as the other team's roadblock though.

U/J seemed awfully happy!

What about  where that Roadblock is? They seemed to have quite an audience which might suggest a school or orphanage of some sort--back to Iris Ministries?  One of their schools is on Pemba--home of dhow trips...

And the Pitstop must be somewhere else? Since we see U/J happily going off somewhere in a taxi?

And I'm still wondering how far 2 hours of flying time could have gotten them? Certainly elsewhere in Tanzania for a safari type experience, or maybe Kenya--although I tend to think they would avoid Nairobi because that is such a major tourist crossroads and they are trying to stay off the beaten track this season.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: March 23, 2007, 04:33:58 PM »
from inside scoop

AMAZING RACE ALL STARS CASTOFFS: We will talk to the latest Amazing Race team castoff to be voted off the new All Stars season. On Monday morning, we'll have a recap of Sunday's episode and talk to the castoffs about what really went wrong.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 23, 2007, 04:38:02 PM »
ok - but the sky is a lot lighter in Mirna's roadblock shot then it is in Kandice and Dustin's detour shot!

THIS IS CONFUSING! stupid moving pitstops :@