Author Topic: EP6: "We're Going To Trade You For Food Now."  (Read 132183 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: EP6: "We're Going To Trade You For Food Now."
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2007, 11:41:43 AM »
Opps, I missed that!

Here is a Rungu

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2007, 12:19:20 PM »
Are we sure that the 2nd pic isn't Kandice?

The 1st pic looks like Kandice, but I used my Photoshop to zoom in on the 2nd pic, && it looks to me more like Kandice than Danielle. The reason I'm saying this is because @ first i thought that the 2nd pic is Danielle. BUT I'm not 100% sure that it isn't Danielle, because if you notice the sky is darker in the 2nd picture than it is in the 1st. If in fact it is Danielle, this would make perfect sense.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2007, 12:27:33 PM »
The bottom picture to me looks like Danielle doing the Detour that Dustin and Kandice are doing. The reason I say it looks like Danielle is because the body seems a bit larger then Kandice's, and the sky is a lot darker.

But then again, they both have pink hats on, and I can't tell if the second picture is from the Road block or the detour.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 12:30:54 PM by Michael D »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2007, 12:33:07 PM »
Danielle wears a black hat /dark hat.
Dee

Offline sharkattack

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2007, 12:36:53 PM »
So what is up with them being pulled off the plane? I wonder if Eric said something on the plane and someone didn't like it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2007, 01:09:17 PM »
So what is up with them being pulled off the plane? I wonder if Eric said something on the plane and someone didn't like it.
:rolleyes Yes that is what happened...Eric told the Stewardess she had nice boobs and called the pilot a Queer.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2007, 07:30:36 PM »
Isn't the target that Uchenna is throwing at the same as we have in the IntroFlashCap number 16?

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2007, 07:51:42 PM »
:rolleyes Yes that is what happened...Eric told the Stewardess she had nice boobs and called the pilot a Queer.

:tup:  :lol3:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2007, 08:20:31 PM »
Tanzania? I thought they were going to Zanibzar or however it's spelt :P

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2007, 10:44:58 PM »
Stonetown

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2007, 11:45:13 PM »
more..

« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 02:03:12 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2007, 01:28:01 AM »

:tup:  :lol3:
HaHa Papi..I'm gettiing so sick of people assuming that it "must be something Eric said!" , likeohmyfreakingawd, give him a break already people. Take last week where everyone thought that Eric " must have been making fun of the gay people in the AIDS march and thats what must tick the Guidos off!" and it was much to do about nothing.
Eric & Dee = now my new Romber or is that EDEE?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2007, 01:51:42 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2007, 02:01:43 AM »
Maybe they sail to Prison Island?

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2007, 06:20:20 AM »
clues:

**Charla & Mirna gamble on an incredibly risky move that could mean the difference between life and death in the race.

What if Charla & Mirna's risky move is getting many teams pulled from a flight so that they will not be left behind?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2007, 10:06:27 AM »
Phil's preview comes out tonight!

:wohoo:

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2007, 10:17:17 AM »
Yep, could be Oswald/Danny in the van/taxi... on their way to the other Detour perhaps?
From wikitravel:

Drive on the left side of the road
Tanzanians drive on the left as opposed to the right like in North America and most European countries.

Could explain how Danny is looking out from the passenger side.

And those two behind the Guidos sure look like Teri/Ian. Next picture is mirror image, perhaps... or it could be that the one with the Guidos is the picture that was flipped? But then in that picture of Teri/Ian with the Guidos, there's a man beside Teri, while in the other pic with just the two of them, no one's beside Teri. So maybe the pics are from different flights.

Trying to figure out what airline these two teams were on, assuming that the flight was to Zanzibar. It could be Kenya Airways, although they should have come from Dar Es Salaam or somewhere near to Zanzibar, not Johannesburg. This is assuming they flew to Zanzibar on Sunday, December 3rd. Because from wikipedia:

South African airlines currently serves Zanzibar on Wednesdays and Saturdays from Johannesburg.

So SA airways seems not to be this flight. Although if it's not the flight to Zanzibar, then it could be a possibility.  B:) B:)

just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2007, 11:08:19 AM »
HAKUSHU8,
Trying to figure out what airline these two teams were on, assuming that the flight was to Zanzibar. It could be Kenya Airways, although they should have come from Dar Es Salaam or somewhere near to Zanzibar, not Johannesburg. This is assuming they flew to Zanzibar on Sunday, December 3rd. Because from wikipedia:

South African airlines currently serves Zanzibar on Wednesdays and Saturdays from Johannesburg.

So SA airways seems not to be this flight. Although if it's not the flight to Zanzibar, then it could be a possibility

Trying to figure out which airline several teams were on is too simple. Visual evidence shows it to be Air Malawi. However, that's where it gets very mysterious. Why should teams be on Air Malawi? The only possible reason can be that other airline with better flights between Johannesburg and Dar-Es-Salaam were booked and unavailable, possibly for multiple days. The release from the pitstop in Maputo should have been just after midnight on Saturday Dec. 2. Every team should have easily gotten the 7am flight from Maputo to Johannesburg. Air Malawi does not connect to Dar-Es-Salaam on Saturdays, but several other airlines do:

SAA 188 nonstop 1005 to 1435
TC (Air Tanzania) 1350 to 1830
and both of those code share with the other.

Connecting flights from DAR to ZNZ were also available:
Zanair (B4) 104 1545 to 1605
PW450 1600 to 1740
B4 116 1840 to 1900
TC7909 1900 to 1925

There was even this 1-stop flight from Johannesburg to Zanzibar, stopping in DAR:
SAA 7197 1350 to 1925

or a connection of SAA188/B4 104 to get from JNB to ZNZ that Saturday. But it didn't happen. Why not? I'd love to know.

On Sunday, all the same flights are still possibilities. The 8th best(it's really probably 4th due to the duplication of code sharing) option is:

QM202 depart JNB 1200 arrive Blantyre 1410
QM6202 depart Blantyre 1500 arrive DAR 1740
B4 116 depart 1840 arrive ZNZ 1900

Why did they end up on these flights? If anyone has a theory other than full alternative flights, please speak up.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2007, 11:18:41 AM »
HAKUSHU8,
Drive on the left side of the road
Tanzanians drive on the left as opposed to the right like in North America and most European countries.

I thought you would be interested in why Tanzanians drive on the left. British missionaries entered Tanganyika while exploring for Mt. Kilimanjaro in the 1840s. Some time around the beginning of the 20th century, Tanganyika became a British colony and inherited all of its colonial trappings. In 1964 Tanganyika and Zanzibar merged to form the modern nation of Tanzania. I assume that Zanzibar had to begin driving on the left at that time.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2007, 11:18:55 AM »
flip

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2007, 11:50:15 AM »
I really think we are looking at 2 separate flights:

In puddins upper picture, T/I are in the middle/window seats, and there is no logo on the seat protector cloth.

In the lower picture, they are in the aisle/middle seats and there is a logo in the corner of the seat protector cloth.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Sasuke11

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2007, 12:31:40 PM »
where the christ do you guys get all these pictures

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2007, 12:39:09 PM »
No it still looks like the same flight.  Look closely at the first pix, Ian and Teri are indeed in the aisle and middle seat since there is no seat next to Teri as it is an exit row.  Note the exit door one seat (missing) to Teri's left.  The emblem on the seat rag is just covered up by the passenger in that first shot.  And in the second shot, Ian and Teri are still in the same seats and the same guy is sitting in the window seat behind them.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2007, 12:55:44 PM »
You are right about the emblem--I forgot this was a flipped view and what I circled was actually the other corner...

Heee...now I've almost forgotten why it matters anyway! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2007, 01:30:47 PM »
 :lol: my only point of the picture was to show that T/I were on the same flight as BJ and that they are on different flights than the BQ'S/Chas/ EDEE who are pulled off. Knowing Shmirna took some risky flight that leaves U/J open only because I can't spot them and I'm guessing they are somewhere on that flight with T/I and BJ.