Author Topic: EP5: "You Need To Watch Your Jokes, Guy."  (Read 102313 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP5: "You Need To Watch Your Jokes, Guy."
« Reply #250 on: March 17, 2007, 10:07:51 PM »
The Bowling Moms Ruled  :jam:

thanks makz3d :yaya:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: March 17, 2007, 10:14:57 PM »
GEORGIAPEACH, you have motivated me to see what I could find about flights from Maputo to Inharbane. I verify that this is no Saturday Dec. 2 flight at all and that the info you have for a nonstop Sunday Dec. 3 is correct. There is no flight on Thursday Nov. 30 when they arrive, but on Friday Dec. 1 there is this:

LAM Mozambique
TM 2202  Maputo International (MPM), Maputo, Mozambique  11:20
 Inhambane (INH), Inhambane, Mozambique  13:35
 1 stop(s) / J41  2h15min 

The conclusion I draw is that if teams go to Inhambane, then they aren't going to fly there and they aren't going to fly back to Maputo. They will use road transportation.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 17, 2007, 10:20:22 PM »
Puddin I just thought of something, even though E/D, T/I, AND D/O were teams number 1,2,3 and we see them racing in the cars with no other teams around, that doesn't mean they kept their lead, because we have shots of E/D working with U/J at the glacier don't we?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #253 on: March 17, 2007, 10:24:20 PM »
 :hello2:  Thank you apskip!

We have a new preview that has the teams running around in trucks--so looks like they could be driven there on 11/30.

Does that flight I found go only on Sundays? Cause it would be nice if we could let them fly Inhambane-Maputo on 12/1 after the Ratties...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #254 on: March 17, 2007, 10:26:30 PM »
There's been a lot about what order roadblock and detour will be for this leg.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article6831.art&page=1

Here's some more of RNO Bertram Van Munster interview of 3/7/2007 pertaining to order of markers and a statement that may make things very interesting.  I put these together so I didn't have 3 messages about the same interview.

RNO: You introduced the Intersection mechanic in the most recent season. Do you have any new game mechanics coming up in All-Stars?

Van Munster: No. The mechanics of the game stay the same. We move the markers around a little bit to keep everyone on their toes.

RNO: I noticed on the first episode that Phil said that a team “will” be eliminated. On the most reason seasons, he's been saying “may” be eliminated at Pit Stops. He also mentioned eight eliminations, but he didn't say anything about the number of non-elimination legs. Is there a reason for this change?

Van Munster: No... The reason – you'll find out when you watch all 13 episodes. Very good of you [to notice that]!

NOTE:  I pasted the 2 questions out of order

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 17, 2007, 10:28:54 PM »
Van Munster: No... The reason – you'll find out when you watch all 13 episodes. Very good of you [to notice that]!

hmm...i wonder what the heck that is referring to.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #256 on: March 17, 2007, 10:37:23 PM »
Some new twist?

Wouldn't it be loverly if we had a final four instead of a final three?!  Heee...it is probably just too much basketball! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #257 on: March 17, 2007, 11:03:11 PM »
Bert said no new twists  or was it Phil in one of the interviews and Michael I keep forgetting about that damn Glacier waste of time task  :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 17, 2007, 11:07:13 PM »
hahah, the only reason I like that task is because I like episodes that are packed with things to do  :js:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #259 on: March 18, 2007, 12:35:37 AM »
omg I am bored again .........RAT video!! :rats:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 18, 2007, 12:42:24 AM »
those rats are gigantic

haha yeah Puddin, I'm also bored!

I can't wait until this episode airs. Hopefully the promo for the following episode will give us more to go by then last weeks promo.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #261 on: March 18, 2007, 12:56:47 AM »
More rat pictures maybe you all can decide if this is where the Roadblock takes place or not?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #262 on: March 18, 2007, 01:05:37 AM »
ok 2 more... :nitenite:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 18, 2007, 01:15:12 AM »
It looks like a match to me puddin!

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2007, 01:55:24 AM »
I'm bored too.  I've gotten myself so confused on what's going on when and so forth.

OT:        :ot:

Started a job 2 weeks ago and had to work days before going on nights tonight (Sun).  Took a nap Fri night after working all day and set alarm for 10:30 PM, then reset for 11:30, shut off alarm and got up 6 AM Sat.  I have to stay up till 5 or 6 this morning so I can sleep during the day and not fall asleep tonight.  I considered myself a night person after working nights for many years and then going on days for 2 weeks messed me up.

:ignore:               :whever:

:carryon:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 02:39:21 AM by makz3d »

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2007, 02:08:25 AM »
Dang, I had cute smileys for my last message.  They aren't there.  Was I supposed to do more than click add image and then click on what I want?  I previewed and they didn't show so I re did them and previewed and they still weren't there so I thought that they didn't show in the preview.

What did I do wrong.  I guess I'm too tired to remember how I did it before.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2007, 02:30:54 AM »
Cute smilies should show up! :rat?:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #267 on: March 18, 2007, 02:36:30 AM »
  :ignore:       :nm:

testing---Realize I just click and proceed.  For some reason I thought I had to click to insert image.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #268 on: March 18, 2007, 12:25:29 PM »

What are we matching to ?    :umn:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #269 on: March 18, 2007, 12:43:34 PM »

What are we matching to ?    :umn:

We have a new theory that the teams get to Maputo and then are driven in trucks directly to Inhambane to the apopo Rattie training camp there (see puddins pics of same above). I'm guessing Roadblock there on the 12/1 AM, then contact with the AIDS march (Michael D found a march in Inhambane on 12/1 which prompted all this), then back to Maputo for the Detours and Pitstop that afternoon.

Will that fit in with Chateautimes?

With that weird blue filming of the teams at the what I think is filling sandbags task--is there any way to get a sense of what time they are there? It all looks like night to me...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #270 on: March 18, 2007, 01:16:23 PM »
I'm still trying to have the teams NOT to have to backtrack to Maputo.

What to you all think about this maybe wall at the fill the bags detour task? Could this be the Maputo Fort wall?

Because if this is the Fort wall, then the Fort could be Detour not Pitstop, and then the teams could do both Detours in Maputo on 11/30, drive to Inhambane for hours of op, do the Roadblock on 12/1 and not have to backtrack to Maputo again, which would really seem to make more sense...There are so many swimming with dolphins, and/or whale sharks ops nearby Inhambane at the beaches (great for next week!) that it seems a shame to make them go backwards--it would also be closer to Dar, although flights might be easier out of Maputo.

I know the confessional looks like the Fort--but there are a lot of those old orange walls around and we haven't actually found that stairway in any of the Fort pics--so maybe the confessionals could actually be in Inhambane somewhere?? We only have the blog for evidence that the Fort is the Pitstop (and pics) right?

What do y'all think?? I know it is just a possibility--or not??

I just want NO BACKTRACKING on my race! :lol: But of course they do it all the time...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #271 on: March 18, 2007, 01:22:08 PM »
  nkatekwan posted at Twop's
Some friends of mine are Peace Corps vols in Mozambique and claim that the race came through Maputo sometime between Thanksgiving and December 7. One of the destinations was the old Portuguese fort (pictured here: http://tabisite.com/gallery_af/mozambique/91af265.jpg). Unfortunately they didn't have any other details. This does seem consistent with the spoilers that teams were on their way to South Africa, as Maputo is usually reached through Joburg

Maputo: Portuguese fort on East Timor street

Slowhatch finds a blog entry posted on Dec 8th
* I think this is the blog of the Peace Corps workers mentioned earlier. It's only a couple of lines near the bottom of the page:
**p.s. They just filmed the amazing race in Maputo!! I don´t know any details but I have been to the fort where the pit stop was.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #272 on: March 18, 2007, 01:22:26 PM »
Oh, I thought that someone had found web photos that matched our promo photos of the rat task location.

To that end this would be the shot to try to match:

About the time of the bag filling task, I don't see enough sunshine to make a good estimate.  But I would just guess that it looks like end-of-day.  Two hours or so before sunset.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #273 on: March 18, 2007, 01:36:56 PM »

We have a new theory that the teams get to Maputo and then are driven in trucks directly to Inhambane to the apopo Rattie training camp there (see puddins pics of same above). I'm guessing Roadblock there on the 12/1 AM, then contact with the AIDS march (Michael D found a march in Inhambane on 12/1 which prompted all this), then back to Maputo for the Detours and Pitstop that afternoon.

Will that fit in with Chateautimes?

With that weird blue filming of the teams at the what I think is filling sandbags task--is there any way to get a sense of what time they are there? It all looks like night to me...
[/quote]

The newest photos Puddin posted above shows blue uniforms.  Note in previous pictures of TARAS at rats that we see the arm and leg of someone in a long sleeve blue shirt and someone with long blue pants.  None of the racers' clothes fit but the blue does fit with the guys in the Apopo uniforms.

In the upper right corner of the bag filling picture you can see that it's daylight.  It was either pausing the video or one of the captures that shows the light good but not enough to tell time of day.

Anyone wonder what's in the back of the pickups?  The tarp is not flat.  Dirt?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #274 on: March 18, 2007, 02:39:48 PM »
Rattie location comparisons:  looks like some possibilities cause there are lots of trees in that field.

Good pick up on the blue arms, mkz3d!

Now, about my wall??   :flirt:

RFF's Golden Rule: