Author Topic: EP5: "You Need To Watch Your Jokes, Guy."  (Read 102496 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP5: "You Need To Watch Your Jokes, Guy."
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2007, 04:44:54 PM »
It could be Joyce Papi but I'm not certain? I'll wait and see if I can catch the TV promo  :luvya:

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2007, 04:55:47 PM »
It could be Joyce Papi but I'm not certain? I'll wait and see if I can catch the TV promo  :luvya:

OK. I believe that may be Eric right behind one of the Guidos and directly in front of the lady in the white blouse to the left of the stacked bags....  :luvya:

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2007, 06:21:18 PM »
Web Clues:
*Friction begins to develop between Oswald and Danny.
*An AIDS march hits close to home with Danny.
Could the AIDS march happen the night of November 30th, when everyone has to wait 'till the morning for the Roadblock? If so, they would have to be in a somewhat major city for the teams, especially Oswald/Danny, to see the event. Although, they could also see the AIDS march on their way to the next task from the Roadblock (if this indeed happened on the morning of December 1st), or on the way to somewhere from something.

A possible scenario for the Roadblock: The rats are placed in a fenced area, where no Roadblocker can come in at first, and so the rats need to be on a leash. Then the rats have to sniff out a landmine type device, not exactly a land mine, and it would stay there? (I don't know exactly what the rat does when it finds a landmine... jumps up and down and points to it?  :lol:) Then I think the Roadblocker could now enter the fenced area and follow the string path made by the rat to the landmine, which is actually a clue to their next destination, only that it smells like a landmine so that the rat could sniff it out.

Thanks for your insight on Vilanculos, apskip. I removed it from the "future locations" section in the wikipedia article of TARAS, as it's not proven yet whether the teams would really go there or not.
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2007, 06:53:23 PM »

Some useless  B:) B:)
The Portuguese fort (or Fortaleza) is Maputo's most evocative landmark and is called, Fort of Nossa Senhora da Conceiao (Our Lady of Conception).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2007, 10:11:39 PM »
thanks to Rob  :luvya:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2007, 10:22:47 PM »
I think were looking to hard and the Toenails whatever is somewhere in the Maputo market area ..see the green sun shield or whatever you call it? And it probably goes hand in hand with the Lady at teh market and the maybe the fish from the introcaps.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2007, 12:47:32 AM »
Bringing this over from the IGN interview that Puddin found.
We were in Africa, and the Pit Stop location had to get moved because of logistics. We'd taken a flight to the next location, packed up about forty bags into a propeller charter flight and flew two hours to the next location. As soon as we landed, we got a phone call to say the teams had been held up. They were never gonna make it to the pit stop where we were at. We'd just unloaded all the bags in the middle of the night. So they asked the flight crew if they would fly us back the next morning, and the crew said no; they were gonna go back. So we had to load all the bags back on the plane, take the two hour flight back again, then go out and in the middle of the night for the pit stop, having not been to bed at all. There was no facility for any of us, like chairs or any of that. So at one point there was 12 of us, cameramen and production people, all tightly packed onto the mat, which was lying in a grassy area, being absolutely annihilated at 3:00 am by mosquitoes.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2007, 06:50:45 AM »
Web Clues:
Could the AIDS march happen the night of November 30th, when everyone has to wait 'till the morning for the Roadblock? If so, they would have to be in a somewhat major city for the teams, especially Oswald/Danny, to see the event. Although, they could also see the AIDS march on their way to the next task from the Roadblock (if this indeed happened on the morning of December 1st), or on the way to somewhere from something.

A possible scenario for the Roadblock: The rats are placed in a fenced area, where no Roadblocker can come in at first, and so the rats need to be on a leash. Then the rats have to sniff out a landmine type device, not exactly a land mine, and it would stay there? (I don't know exactly what the rat does when it finds a landmine... jumps up and down and points to it?  :lol:) Then I think the Roadblocker could now enter the fenced area and follow the string path made by the rat to the landmine, which is actually a clue to their next destination, only that it smells like a landmine so that the rat could sniff it out.

Thanks for your insight on Vilanculos, apskip. I removed it from the "future locations" section in the wikipedia article of TARAS, as it's not proven yet whether the teams would really go there or not.

How about this idea for the rats.  They sniff out a "mine" and the racer must dig out the "mine" to get their clue.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2007, 09:22:21 AM »
MARTIAL GLACIER
This is accessed via chairlift 4 km northeast of the center of Ushuaia.

The chair-lift trip is not only an attraction because of the beautiful sights of the city, but it also offers an interesting opportunity to go for walks to the glacier. From the top station, different paths will lead the tourist to visit places such as the "portillo", from where he can observe the Andorra Canyon.

Walking excursions on ice are simple, the steepest slope being at the beginning of the trip. Precaution should be taken with cracks, especially in spring and fall, when ice bridges are weak. If you do not have suitable equipment, it would be convenient to climb Negro Canyon, a vast valley opening to the right as you go up to the glacier, after leaving the chair-lift.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2007, 10:50:04 AM »
Web Clues:

How about this idea for the rats.  They sniff out a "mine" and the racer must dig out the "mine" to get their clue.

I hope they are "live" mines so one mistake and we Phil having to say "I'm sorry to say that you have been eliminated"

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2007, 12:05:25 PM »
Phil's preview comes out tonight (early Thursday morning) right?!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2007, 12:25:37 PM »
I hope they are "live" mines so one mistake and we Phil having to say "I'm sorry to say that you have been eliminated"
:groan:

Phil's preview comes out tonight (early Thursday morning) right?!
:happy: if were lucky!!
We were in Africa, and the Pit Stop location had to get moved because of logistics. We'd taken a flight to the next location, packed up about forty bags into a propeller charter flight and flew two hours to the next location. As soon as we landed, we got a phone call to say the teams had been held up. They were never gonna make it to the pit stop where we were at. We'd just unloaded all the bags in the middle of the night. So they asked the flight crew if they would fly us back the next morning, and the crew said no; they were gonna go back. So we had to load all the bags back on the plane, take the two hour flight back again, then go out and in the middle of the night for the pit stop, having not been to bed at all. There was no facility for any of us, like chairs or any of that. So at one point there was 12 of us, cameramen and production people, all tightly packed onto the mat, which was lying in a grassy area, being absolutely annihilated at 3:00 am by mosquitoes.
Thanks Slowhatch! From what we know about the Fort/Pitstop this is not about EP5 obviously the teams are giving confessionals in the daylight not at a grassy area at 3am. It pretty much confirms what we already knew and that there is more than one leg in the future for Africa probably something to do with the Masai men ...lots of good info in that paragraph so where was Phil heading?  ??? What could have held the teams up?
Maybe this needs its own thread wish we knew if its for EP6 or 7.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2007, 04:19:00 PM »
It has to be episode 6 pitstop, with Phil and crew going on to the episode 7 locations and then having to come back. There isn't time for going to Poland and coming back, so it has to be Afirca and there can't be any pitstops beyond 7 in Africa due to time constraints. We really don't know where epsiode 6 pitstop is, but the leading contenders are in the Zanzibar area and Dar-es-Salaam area. It is more probable that Episode 7 pitstop is somewhere in Kenya accessed from Nairobi.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2007, 07:16:33 PM »
Ok apskip I moved the info to EP6 thread now that we have a title.

media link  http://tinyurl.com/ytev2b

« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 07:56:08 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2007, 07:32:49 PM »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2007, 07:33:53 PM »
It looks like the other half of the detour. Nothing I saw about henna or pedicures, though.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2007, 07:51:39 PM »
Better

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2007, 08:04:52 PM »
It might be the central market (green trim with white numbers--compare with the photos at the bottom of this album), but it's not enough to make a match: there's more than one market in town.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2007, 08:07:50 PM »
So the Detour could be: Clean Hands or Dirty Hands? Or just Clean or Dirty? Clean for having nail polish put on, while Dirty for digging through the dirt?

Henna then seems like not part of the Detour for this episode.
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2007, 08:28:37 PM »
It might be the central market (green trim with white numbers--compare with the photos at the bottom of this album), but it's not enough to make a match: there's more than one market in town.
:lol: GMTA

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2007, 08:30:10 PM »
yay! Phil's preview :happy:

thanks puddin! :kissy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2007, 08:48:03 PM »
just because I found them ...

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2007, 09:16:28 PM »
So the Detour could be: Clean Hands or Dirty Hands? Or just Clean or Dirty? Clean for having nail polish put on, while Dirty for digging through the dirt?

I vote for Finger Nails or Toe Nails, as I believe the other DETOUR option is to clip toenails based on some photos we've already seen.

It is interesting that they will dig in the Glacier for a clue buried in the ice. Getting there and getting down  and to the airport may take an hour or two each way, but the task itself will be fairly quick.
What now is most unusual to me is how do Joe and Bill lose one day. The teams should be released after a 12 hour pitstop maybe between 1am and about 5am on Monday Nov. 27. The chairlift will have hours of operation, which will dictate when they can get to the glacier, so they will all bunch there. They will be done before noon and on their way to the airport, but it is Nov. 27 unless there was an extended pit stop to 36 hours. If there isn't then how do Joe and Bill get behind everyone else by one day? We know they catch up by Mozambique. They can do this if only behind 12 hours, but not if behind 24 hours. It looks like there must be an extended pit stop at Ushuaia.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2007, 09:18:43 PM »
This shot was taken between 2:33 and 3:17 pm (assumes November 30th).

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2007, 09:19:28 PM »

They have used Clean or Dirty before in season5 episode 10