Author Topic: Impressions of Top 10 Girls  (Read 2619 times)

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
Impressions of Top 10 Girls
« on: February 28, 2007, 11:23:03 PM »
If there is anything that contestants should learn from this show is that there are certain songs that you just shouldn't sing.

Gina, Gina, Gina why did you have to go sing Alone, Carrie kicked ass with that song not to mention Simon predicted she would sell more albums than any other American Idol, which she is well on the way to doing. She also had the same arrangement as Carrie.

Gina did a decent job though.

Alaina, uhhh...not good.

Lakisha, sorry Paris sang it better.

Melinda, she can sing but I don't think she will sell records.

Antonella, she should just go home.

Jordin, I am a big Ayla Brown fan but she did sing Reflection a whole lot better. Really like her.

Stephanie, she sings like every other RnB singer to be.

Leslie, bad song choice, though I do like her style.

Hayley, lots of energy but I don't think she will last long.

Sabrina, she is a good singer but it's the same old stuff.

My personal favorite is Jordin.

Who should go home: Antonella and Hayley

Who will go home: Alaina and Hayley

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: Impressions of Top 10 Girls
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 12:28:51 AM »
BballKates, thank you bunches for your evaluations!  :tup:   :hugs:

Of the girls, I'm voting only for Melinda!  She's the best overall vocalist of this season, including the guys!!!!!  (at least so far.) 

Lakisha is my 2nd fav, but I totally agreed with Simon about her wardrobe.  It was simply awful tonite...gawdy and distracting.  She needs to wear a long flowing dress or mid-calf...anything to help cover up her body "rolls".  Having her hairstyle in an upsweep would make her look taller, & also help hide the "negatives".        

My 3rd fav is Jordin.  She is a little "pitchy", but I think she will work on that and get better with each performance. 

I didn't see Seasons 1-4.  So I can compare only to Season 5.  IMO, Season 5 had LOTS better talent & looks than this season.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 06:40:04 AM »
I am a big Ayla Brown fan

Could it be because she plays basketball too?  ;)

I thought the ladies took a step backward from last week overall!!! The only ones I cared for were Melinda, LaKisha, Jordin, and Stephanie!!! Any of the rest of them could be vulnerable tonight, except Antonella who is a lock for Top 12 because of VFTW!!!  (:;)

Who should go home is Antonella and Alaina!!!

Who will go home is Hayley and Alaina!!!

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 07:08:08 AM »
My views!!!

Gina Love Heart....And I really Like HER!!! Loved her and Carrie's performance...

Alaina, I love that song ...but man its a group song and if you don't have the registry ...don't try it! Too forced.

Lakisha, I agree with BBall...Paris sang it better...I guess I'm just not into the whole church choir kinda singers

Melinda, Besides her strange appearance..I think she is AMAZING! BUT I wouldn't buy her music.

Antonella, Too bad the pictures aren't her....that was the only thing she had going for her!! *BARF* on her song...they tell her not to chose something that big...and she goes and pickes my fellow French Canadian Celine!! ARE YOU ON CRACK!?!?!?!

Jordin, I didn't like Ayla..and I'm already bored of Jordin....whats up with the emotions this year??? I will forget about her....

Stephanie, she sings like every other RnB singer to be. <-- agreed...reminds me too much of Fantasia and I HATE HATE HATE Fantasia...I was so disappointed that season (although Diana wasn't much of a prize either)

Leslie, I had totally forgotten who she was had to check the idol site!!! Jazz roots?? Why don't I remember that? OH WAIT!! ITS because she barely made an impression on me....and the Skat??? Leave the extras to Chris and Blake!!! Good voice...but like I said I had totally forgotten who she was and i only watched it last night!

Hayley, oh boy...don't get me started!! Pretty girl...ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Sabrina, I forgot who she was also!!! hahahahaha

All in all...I think its going to be a guy this year....As we have seen in the past only Fantasia has one for the whole RnB Church groove....

I love the edgier upbeat fun singers... If I could vote...

GINA GINA GINA!!!! BLAKE BLAKE BLAKE!!!! and CHRIS R CHRIS R CHRIS R!!!!
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~