Author Topic: EP3: "I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird, I Know."  (Read 107065 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP3: "I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird, I Know."
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2007, 12:14:31 PM »
WOW, GMAN. That's one for the ages.

I just took a peek at TWOP. EVIL JESUS posted this predicting episode 3:

Teri falls off the boat, the Guidos miss a clue, and everyone hates Mirna

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2007, 12:47:59 PM »
WOW, GMAN. That's one for the ages.

I just took a peek at TWOP. EVIL JESUS posted this predicting episode 3:

Teri falls off the boat, the Guidos miss a clue, and everyone hates Mirna

evil jesus also posted this: "He isn't patient like Zach. In the preview where Danielle is screaming over the skates, he's telling her to use her boobs. Maybe she's just scared because she has to carry something that grew up to kill Steve Irwin."

The only thing flounders grow up to be is dinner, even those Snowshoe flounders and Fluke that we fished for near Block Island out of Montauk Point LI NY.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
Evil Prick  :lol:

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2007, 01:12:53 PM »
Evil Prick  :lol:

:lol3: Lotsa hateful evil pricks there...googled a fluke for ya...

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2007, 01:24:58 PM »
Tanks, everyone.

And to start off on my second thousand - I may have missed something but have David and Mary shown up in any of the promos?   Is this a premonition that they are the next to go?

Would be just like the Guidos to miss a clue.  Perhaps not a task, but some clue telling them to go where or when and they just followed some other team as is their ilk to do instead of actually getting the clue.

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2007, 02:20:28 PM »
Tanks, everyone.

And to start off on my second thousand - I may have missed something but have David and Mary shown up in any of the promos?   Is this a premonition that they are the next to go?

Would be just like the Guidos to miss a clue.  Perhaps not a task, but some clue telling them to go where or when and they just followed some other team as is their ilk to do instead of actually getting the clue.

Congrats gman  :beer2: :wine: 

It looks like Mary is not a happy camper. Could this be when Phil tells them about missing the clue? You can just catch a piece of David's blue cap in the upper left hand corner of the pics. Is he trying to console her  ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2007, 03:01:56 PM »
I think its Mary & David = Clue too Big Papi and Teri that goes over in the raft ..I'll be back later and will sort the vidcaps out and yeah we have another Phil preview coming tomorrow so should get more answers.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2007, 04:18:48 PM »
Tanks, everyone.

Congrats gman  :beer2: :wine: 

It looks like Mary is not a happy camper. Could this be when Phil tells them about missing the clue? You can just catch a piece of David's blue cap in the upper left hand corner of the pics. Is he trying to console her  ???

What is the voice over that goes with these pictures?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2007, 04:21:13 PM »
( in the works )

EP3:  "I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird, I Know."
Webclues:
**TEAMS MUST COMPLETE A TWO AND A HALF-MILE WHITE WATER RAFTING COURSE THROUGH RAGING RAPIDS, THROWING ONE RACER TO THE WILD RIVER AS THEIR TEAMMATE WATCHES HELPLESSLY
**After attempting a 40-foot rock climb, two teams switch detour tasks. Will their decision cause them to lose time ans possibly the race?

**A racer is thrown into the wild river as they try to complete a white water rafting course. Their teammate can only watch helplessly as their race dreams possibly float away.

** At the pitstop, one team's joy turns to shock when Phil tells them that they did not get one of their clues and they have to go back to retrieve it. Is this the end of their race?
**At the Pit Stop, one Team's joy turns to shock when Phil tells them that they did not get one of their clues and they must have them all before checking in.

Teams arrive at the Valley of the moon in this order:
1) Rob/Amber
2) Danny/Oswald
3) Joe/Bill
4) Eric/Danielle
5) Uchenna/Joyce
6) Dustin/Kandice
7) Teri/Ian
8 Charla/Mirna
9) David/Mary
10) Kevin/Drew, who are eliminated

Roadblock: wrangle fish
Some teams arriving at the Roadblock, The BQ's, Teri & Ian and the Cha's ?? I'm not sure with the low-res video
What Ian is wearing

Joyce/Eric/Bill watch their partners perform the Roadblock
Danny watches Oswald

Danielle with Joe in the background
Uchenna
Mirna performs the Roadblock
Amber performs the Roadblock

]Detour, Raft or Climb]

**TEAMS MUST COMPLETE A TWO AND A HALF-MILE WHITE WATER RAFTING COURSE THROUGH RAGING RAPIDS, THROWING ONE RACER TO THE WILD RIVER AS THEIR TEAMMATE WATCHES HELPLESSLY

RAFT this is where it gets tough to make out the teams..they all wear the same gear and the pictures are low-res

Bill running towards the cluebox
Bill and another team who I can't make out?
Joe with Charla / Mirna in tow
Joe/Bill Charla/Mirna and??
BQ's :hifive:
Charla/Mirna
Mary/David
**A racer is thrown into the wild river as they try to complete a white water rafting course. Their teammate can only watch helplessly as their race dreams possibly float away.
Ian yells " TERIII"
Climb
**After attempting a 40-foot rock climb, two teams switch detour tasks. Will their decision cause them to lose time and possibly the race?
Eric & Danielle

Pitstop
** At the pitstop, one team's joy turns to shock when Phil tells them that they did not get one of their clues and they have to go back to retrieve it. Is this the end of their race?
**At the Pit Stop, one Team's joy turns to shock when Phil tells them that they did not get one of their clues and they must have them all before checking in.
  Mary & David? who are eliminated!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 12:16:09 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2007, 04:45:14 PM »

What is the voice over that goes with these pictures?

You can have a go at it gator  :waves:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2007, 05:29:39 PM »
 ;D  ....yep, Eric yells to Danielle to "use your boobs, use your boobs", to keep the flounder from squirming out of the box.   ;)

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2007, 05:54:15 PM »
When I want to try and find out what is being said I watch repeatedly and click and release the pause very fast till I feel I've understood what is being said.  Rewatching allows your pause releases to be at different moments and makes it easier to tell what is being said.  I got a lot of oobs after releasing the pause which goes with the boobs I feel I heard.

I feel Teri went in the water and Eric yelled about the boobs.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2007, 05:57:33 PM »
;D  ....yep, Eric yells to Danielle to "use your boobs, use your boobs", to keep the flounder from squirming out of the box.   ;)
Holy Fish Tits!! Just for the Halibut  :angel:

eta the Voiceover:

VO: Plunge into the new Amazing Race All-Stars
Ozzy stumbles during the Roadblock
Danny: I told you less Martini's and more cardio
VO: where encouraging a teammate is important
Mirna to fish: please don't hurt me anymore
Eric: Dan you gotta use your boobs, use your boobs!
Danielle: ARRGGHHHHHHHH!!
VO: keeping it together is critical
Joe crying
Bill:it's been a nerve racking day,,got all wet
VO: and a white water challenge takes the game to the highest level of danger yet!
Teri: ughhhhhhhhhh
Ian: Oh my God! TERIIIII
VO: new Amazing Race All-Stars .......
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 06:32:52 PM by puddin »

Offline NDIrish

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2007, 07:12:49 PM »
What Ian is wearing

The hat or the green thing around him?  I think the green thing is the strap to his satchel/backpack or whatever he is carrying.

Teri needs a body guard or a nurse when she races...last time she got hurt down in was it a mine? and this time she falls out of the raft in the water rapids.  :o

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2007, 07:29:44 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2007, 08:09:13 PM »
Great capture there puddin. Does that look like Ian in the water  ???  :lol3:  Do you think he was yelling for Teri to come save him? 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2007, 08:14:43 PM »
Well I don't think Ian was yelling for her to use her " BOOBS " :lol:
picture sucks..damn water :grins:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2007, 08:20:27 PM »
The white piping and counter-number plaques suggest SCL airport (see here). I don't know if there's another task in Santiago, or why racers couldn't just book all the legs at Calama.

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2007, 08:21:59 PM »
Well I don't think Ian was yelling for her to use her " BOOBS " :lol:
picture sucks..damn water :grins:

Did Eric say Boobs or Boots? ..we played that back about ten times on Sunday. I heard Gloves  ;D  Ian's quite the proper gentleman and I'm sure he would have yelled for her to grab onto her flotation devices.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2007, 08:38:25 PM »

Did Eric say Boobs or Boots? ..we played that back about ten times on Sunday. I heard Gloves  ;D  Ian's quite the proper gentleman and I'm sure he would have yelled for her to grab onto her flotation devices.
:rotf:
I'll have to try to record the commercial then put on the close caption Papi 
Ian to Teri: Hump it, baby!  :jam:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2007, 09:51:01 PM »
The white piping and counter-number plaques suggest SCL airport (see here). I don't know if there's another task in Santiago, or why racers couldn't just book all the legs at Calama.

They could book it all at Calama, but possibly they are trying to improve to an earlier flight. Or they could just be using the counter as a place to chat.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2007, 10:44:30 PM »
Puerto Montt Campus
The building looks like the same type as ours even though I know its not the same..just goin with Slowhatch's lead  :tup:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2007, 06:48:00 AM »
Puerto Montt Campus
The building looks like the same type as ours even though I know its not the same..just goin with Slowhatch's lead  :tup:

PUDDIN, you have found more than meets the eye there. By clicking on your link I got the University of Chile at Valdivia and a new menu. By clicking on Puerto Montt campus again I got a new menu. This time I clicked on Ingeneria en Agicultura and got the following in Spanish:

Escuela de Ingeniería en Acuicultura UACh

Descripción de la carrera

La carrera de Ingeniería en Acuicultura, forma profesionales capaces de enfrentar y solucionar problemas relacionados con el cultivo intensivo de especies marinas y dulce-acuícolas. Cuenta con un cuerpo académico de excelencia, una creciente infraestructura con estaciones experimentales y laboratorios y con una malla curricular basada en competencias, que aseguran la formación de profesionales capaces de desempeñarse en áreas tecnológicas, económicas y disciplinas afines.

Los profesionales estarán capacitados para realizar investigación científico-tecnológica de alto nivel y desarrollar estudios de factibilidad económica sobre el cultivo de nuevas especies, manteniendo criterios éticos y ambientales que permitan la producción sustentable del recurso hídrico.

Campo Ocupacional

El Ingeniero en Acuicultura es un profesional atractivo para diferentes sectores ocupacionales debido a la versatilidad que resulta de la integración de áreas de formación. Esta formación interdisciplinaria permite que el campo ocupacional del Ingeniero en Acuicultura sea amplio y variado como para permitirle desarrollarse en diferentes áreas.
Algunos ejemplos del campo ocupacional se indican a continuación:

Ejercer en forma independiente la profesión (asistencia técnica, consultorías, evaluación de proyectos, etc.).
Trabajar en empresas fiscales y particulares de cultivo o de suministro para los cultivos (administración de centros de cultivo, organización de procesos productivos, producción vegetal o animal, estudios de impacto ambiental de los cultivos, etc.)
Participar en Instituciones estatales: Ministerio de Economía, Fomento y Reconstrucción, CORFO, Subsecretaría de Pesca, etc.
Trabajar en Universidades o Centros de Investigación públicos o privados (investigación tecnológica, formulación de proyectos, coordinación de equipos multidisciplinarios).

Perfil Profesional

Un Ingeniero en Acuicultura, titulado de la Universidad Austral de Chile, es un profesional en el cual se integran la formación que permite dar respuesta a las necesidades de su entorno comunitario y la formación como persona y participante activo de la sociedad. El Ingeniero en Acuicultura será un profesional capacitado para aplicar las Ciencias y el Método Científico en la detección, análisis y solución de los problemas que se derivan de la producción intensiva de especies marinas y dulceacuícolas en sus ámbitos biológicos, medio ambientales, tecnológicos, económicos y de los negocios, así como también, para asimilar los constantes cambios que se registran en el ámbito de la acuicultura y actuar como agente de estos mismos. Este profesional será respetuoso de su entorno socio cultural y del medio ambiente a través del ejercicio responsable de su profesión dentro de un marco ético-moral.

El conjunto de atributos que definen al Ingeniero en Acuicultura resultan de la integración de los atributos particulares referidos a las competencias del ser, del saber y del saber hacer.

Alternativas de perfeccionamiento

El grado académico de Licenciado le permite al estudiante continuar estudios de postgrado en cualquiera de las áreas que conforman la carrera: acuicultura, ingeniería, economía y negocios, tanto en Universidades chilenas como extranjeras.

Investigación

En el Instituto de Acuicultura, se desarrolla investigación científica y tecnológica avanzada en áreas del manejo de cultivo de peces, crustáceos (centollas), moluscos (chorito, pulpo y abalón) y algas marinas, enfocada en las disciplinas de nutrición, fisiología del desarrollo y de la reproducción, patología e impacto ambiental.

One of our Spanish speakers should translate the whole thing for us, but with the amount of Spanish I know I definitely read FISH FARMING.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 10:22:16 AM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #148 on: March 01, 2007, 08:43:12 AM »
video with nice views of the falls...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #149 on: March 01, 2007, 09:50:46 AM »
Phil's preview at Yahoo or webpage.