Author Topic: EP3: "I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird, I Know."  (Read 106912 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP3: "I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird, I Know."
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2007, 08:25:53 AM »
Some maps to show where this is:

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2007, 08:26:53 AM »
Local--

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2007, 08:38:42 AM »
I'm still rafting--and probably all wet!

Would this work? The Rio Azul link

The Tres Monjas mountain looms over the valley to river left. On river right, the turquoise water of the Rio Azul flows from the ice-capped glaciated peaks that form at its headwaters. An inviting white sandy beach marks the entrance of ClubFuta at Campo Tres Monjas.

The Río Azul (Rafting, Kayaking, Fly- Fishing, trekking)
This river runs into the Futaleufu on river right shore next to our camp. This glacier-fed river can range between 600 to 2000 cfs, depending on rain and snowmelt in the mountains. This is a great warm-up for the Class 3/4 kayaking trips. The Azul is a great alternate river for when the Futaleufu is too high. Technical and defined, the Río Azul takes its name from the aquamarine colored water. This is great fish habitat for the native rainbow trout.

PEACH, not any better than Rio Futaleufu. the problem is that you need to fly into CHAITEN with small plane and take vehicles to get to the RIo Azul. If we didn't know the timing of when teams need to be in PUNTA ARENAS, then it would be no problem. However, we do know when certain teams were photographed in PUNTA ARENAS so there can be no side trips that are too long. By the time the San Pedro de Atacama pit stop is over it's already the late evening on 11/23. We know they have to be in PUNTA ARENAS by late afternoon on 11/25.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2007, 08:57:52 AM »
Thanks apskip--that helps!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2007, 09:26:45 AM »
Well I was a laying in bed thinking that maybe its not a TBC with the clue ..Pitstop. Guess we wait for the promo.
** At the pitstop, one team's joy turns to shock when Phil tells them that they did not get one of their clues and they have to go back to retrieve it. Is this the end of their race?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2007, 09:32:57 AM »
Recent Flickr site of river rafting on River Petrohue

It has the rapids and the sotar raft...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP4: (temporary title) "Why Don't They Just Write Us the Check"
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2007, 09:34:34 AM »
I now think its a TBC but even if it is theres still another leg in SA- Ushuaia, Argentina .

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2007, 09:45:20 AM »
Just to muddy up the waters let me throw this one out.  Perhaps not a TBC, but this is an early NEL with a Yield.  Rob and Amber are yielded and then end up last on the mat.  If TPTB follow practice from last TAR, then Romber would have to finish first in leg 4 or be eliminated.  Which they are.  This keeps the number of programs in balance for the finish on May 13.

Just a wild idea as I look at the wild blue waters of the rafting bit as posted by Peach.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2007, 09:49:31 AM »
And this company does river rafting and climbing ...

Approximately 4 km. from Petrohué there is a natural climbing wall of basalt rock situated right next to the Petrohué River. The wall offers many sport climbing routes with different levels of difficulty. After your introduction to the wall, the technical equipment and safety climbing instructions, our goal is trying the various routes on the wall.

At Fox Canyon we meet our first extreme challenge. We will cross the canyon using a zip-line that extends approximately 330 feet or 100 meters, moving through the tree tops to the other side. This is an experience you will never forget! Afterwards we will recuperate our energy alongside a lava flow which teaches about the stages of a volcanic eruption.

After a short rest, we will climb the eastern wall of the canyon and hike through a landscape abundant with native bird life. We will then brief you on safetly and the use of equipment before rapelling down a canyon surrounded by moss-covered vines toward the Petrohué River. A short walk takes us to our last challenge: kayaks. After paddling upriver to the beach of Petrohué we we will enjoy refreshments and snacks on the beach while sharing our vivid impressions of the day.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:35:37 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2007, 10:01:28 AM »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2007, 10:03:38 AM »
 ;D  OK, let's all stop for a second and take a deep breath, so we can see where we are heading.   :lol:   Here's the "big picture" view of upcoming spoiler locations in Patagonia.  Given Puerto Montt is over 850 miles from Punta Arena, it does look like a TBC in Chile/Argentina is likely.  Ushualia is only 160 miles from Punta Arena, BTW.

B:)  OK, times up, back to racing, err.... I mean spoiling.   ;)

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2007, 10:05:34 AM »
:yess: EP3 promo is up

At about 0:24-0:25 you can see who goes overboard and can hear the partner yell their name... is it OMG TERI!!! ???
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:10:23 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2007, 10:05:40 AM »
;D  OK, let's all stop for a second and take a deep breath, so we can see where we are heading.   :lol:   Here's the "big picture" view of upcoming spoiler locations in Patagonia.  Given Puerto Montt is over 850 miles from Punta Arena, it does look like a TBC in Chile/Argentina is likely.  Ushualia is only 160 miles from Punta Arena, BTW.

Maybe PA is just a seperate leg?

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2007, 10:08:42 AM »
 :js:  OK, just realized where the "salt water" Flounders fit in, given all the "fresh water" lakes/rivers in this area.  Puerto Montt is connected to the Pacific Ocean.  Lot's of fish markets in town.   ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2007, 10:08:46 AM »
The fish bite!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2007, 10:12:21 AM »
DRAMA is back!  with a vengence... :yess:

What is that wiggly slimy thing--tell me it isn't an eating task!

I think this week is an elim where we lose D/M (are thery the ones that have to go back to redo the task?)

and then the Punta Arenas/Ushuaia could be the TBC  (wonder if they tried and failed on Antarctica here due to weather or never tried at all?)

The CBS site says someone goes overboard--and did we hear Ian yelling Teri?? (sorry--a little slow here)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2007, 10:13:49 AM »

the end
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:19:57 AM by puddin »

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2007, 10:26:37 AM »
 ??? I posted something   :hero:  here and it ended up over yonder somewhere..too many  Guinness  :lol3:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2007, 10:35:20 AM »
There's a fish farm in Chinquihue (ah, good memories  :tup:), but it's mostly salmon.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2007, 11:19:00 AM »
DRAMA is back!  with a vengence... :yess:

What is that wiggly slimy thing--tell me it isn't an eating task!

I think this week is an elim where we lose D/M (are thery the ones that have to go back to redo the task?)

and then the Punta Arenas/Ushuaia could be the TBC  (wonder if they tried and failed on Antarctica here due to weather or never tried at all?)

The CBS site says someone goes overboard--and did we hear Ian yelling Teri?? (sorry--a little slow here)

sounds like it

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2007, 11:52:22 AM »
Love this site, Petrohue Falls

and who wants to bet Chateau match's this mountain range!?

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2007, 01:46:34 PM »
Is it possible that the two detour choices here are the flounder and the rock climb, and the roadblock is the white water rafting? Looking at this image, doesn't it seem like Danielle is holding a clue with something yellow on it? (Credit to whoever originially posted it.  :lol:)

But then again, that could just be the envelope. Although why did Eric take off his jacket, if maybe to help/jump afterwards, kind of like what happened in the "By Machine (?)" detour from Ep. 2. Or maybe he just took of his jacket because of the heat.

Just my rambling/speculations.  ;D

HAKUSHU8, it was a variant of this picture that some weeks ago led me to conclude and state on the main spoilers thread that PUNTA ARENAS would be pit stop # 3. Note the Strait of Magellan behind Eric and Danielle.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2007, 02:01:36 PM »

Maybe PA is just a seperate leg?

I am now considering the possibility of 5 South America legs. #3 at Puerto Montt, #4 at Punta Arenas and #5 at Ushuaia. This occurs to me because of the wealth of activities that appear to happen around Puerto Montt, elevating that to its own short leg(although there is 1000 miles of flying to get there). Also, the statement that there were ultimately 5 teams in Sequesterville - Acapulco has bothered me, because I just don't believe they would bring someone back from Mozambique to Mexico. Having all South America eliminations at Acapulco makes more sense to me.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2007, 02:03:16 PM »
The ramshackle appearance of the fish farm is bugging me a little. It doesn't look like a profit place, so I'm searching schools now. Here's a construction picture; the photo caption states that the PM fish farm (Instituto Araucana) didn't become operational until August 2006 (you can go to the Hesy site and search the galleries for other Chile photos). And the Austral University also has a PM "acuicultura" place, but the photo doesn't look like a match.