Author Topic: EP3: "I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird, I Know."  (Read 106881 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: EP3: "I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird, I Know."
« Reply #200 on: March 03, 2007, 10:23:02 PM »
How many wenches do I have lined up so far?  Remember I have to do it all on my own with no help from no blue pills!

:waves: I'm already in line Gman!!
and Gman thats why I think the Roadblock comes first and also the location does us no good without Chateau  :'(  :crown

I agree, it looks like the Roadblock come first.  Too much activity in connection with the Detour (Shoot it or Climb it) to then go back to do the Roadblock with what looks like at least 6 teams all bunched up.  So think order of the day reads something like this:

1.  Drive from Valley of the Dead to Calama Airport

2.  Fly to Puerto Montt via Santiago

3.  Find the Fish Farm nearby, ROADBLOCK, (who is quick with their hands?) catch barehanded (a la Survivor a plus for Romber) one or two flounder-type flat fish and carry them a ways to the fish monger who will give them the next clue.

4.  Travel to Rio Petrohue area for DETOUR, either Climb It (scale 40 foot cliff) or Shoot It (shoot the rapids in a rubber raft)  Two teams try to Climb It but decide to Shoot It instead.  One team has trouble and loses a member overboard (either Mary or Teri).

5.  At end of task, proceed to PIT STOP.  One teams arrives, but must go back to pickup clue.  The team (Bill and Joe or Mary and David) has just followed the others to the Pit Stop without picking up clue at the end of the Detour.

6.  Mary and David have just had too many bad things happen to them in the leg and end up being Philiminated as the third team to be sent to the isolation of sequesterville in A Ka Pul Co!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2007, 10:25:50 PM »
So no i-mar  :rotf:? You guys don't think the Fundación Chinquihue match's?
I was thinking this is the front of the building and the teams are seen running in the back of it? or it could just be I'm seeing things  :lol:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 03, 2007, 10:31:59 PM »
which team is in the middle?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #203 on: March 03, 2007, 10:34:23 PM »
It's the BQ's,Teri & Ian, then the Cha's ..at least thats what I see Mike?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 03, 2007, 10:38:21 PM »
hmm i woudltn have guessed that to be Teri and Ian!!

do we know if they are the front-runner teams in this leg?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #205 on: March 03, 2007, 11:05:17 PM »
If I had to guess Mike I'd guess that Eric/Dee U/J and Bill/Joe get to the Roadblock first?

I wanted to fix this ..someone pointed out to me that it was Boingo that originally found the falls and maybe  even the rafting company :tup: :kissy:

There is some White Water rafing in Argentina.

Argentina/Chile border maybe  ??? 

Not happy with this, but the rapids/falls on the Rio Petrohué in Chile looks similar to vidcap (particularly the mountain, which could be Volcano Osorno).   :-\

Or maybe not   :groan:   Bash away   ;)

It sort of match's Boingo.. how long would it take them to drive a 4x4 to Rio Petrohué from San Pedro?  :

:-\ Not sure, but Atacama Desert is over a thousand miles from Osorno Volcano.  Quite a drive.   :angel:

Chateau: Intersting...look what pops up when you google "sotar raft chile"

Sotar is one of the of the best rafts company on the market, to make sure we give the best service to our customers we renewed our rafts fleet with some 14 feet Elite models.
Want to test Sotar rafts?     Just book a trip with us on the Petrohue or the San Pedro.
   :snicker:

Looks like Ko'Kayak uses Sotar rafts on Rio Petrohue.   :lol3:   But then again, what rafting company doesn't.   :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2007, 12:20:43 AM »
I think that the outside shots are a 100% match! You can even see the brown fence that I was sure was some kind of a sluice.... :lol:

I'm not so sure about the I-Mar ?headquarters building--it may go on the canal in Tenglo instead...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #207 on: March 04, 2007, 12:39:09 AM »
hmm i woudltn have guessed that to be Teri and Ian!!

do we know if they are the front-runner teams in this leg?

After watching Phil's preview for episode 3, it looks to me like Charla and Mirna and Bill and Joe are at the detour around the same time.
It also shows Uchenna and Joyce at the roadblock at the same time, quite possible in front.
Then there is the photo of the Chas, BQs and teri and Ian running together, and the show to Teri and Ian and Charla and Mirna at the counter together..
This is how I'm guessing people finnish this leg, with the above being kept in mind:

1st. Uchenna and Joyce
2nd. Eric and Danielle
3rd. Rob and Amber
4th. Oswald and Danny
5th. Dustin and Kandice
6th. Teri and Ian
7th. Charla and Mirna
8th. Joe and Bill
9th. David and Mary (PHILIMINATED)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 04, 2007, 12:49:28 AM »
Yeah, but for all we know the photos of D/K, T/I and D/O could be the them arriving to the roadblock or detour (which ever comes first) just after the front groups, so any of these teams (other then T/I, since we know they are doing the detour at the same time as C/M) can easily make up ground. I'm so excited for tonight's episode!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2007, 01:16:59 AM »
I think that the outside shots are a 100% match! You can even see the brown fence that I was sure was some kind of a sluice.... :lol:

I'm not so sure about the I-Mar ?headquarters building--it may go on the canal in Tenglo instead...
Ok so maybe i-mar building has nothing to do with it ..it was yellow and I was grasping for straws  :lol:! So confusing! and I found pictures of the Campus Chinquihue, Puerto Montt fwiw which isn't much.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2007, 01:17:46 AM »
Just for fun--

I-Mar's home: Isla Tenglo

Puerto Montt (seafood, day adventure trips, bed and breakfast, cruise connections,rent a car)
Puerto Montt is situated on the Bay of Puerto Montt. Puerto Montt is protected on the west side by the Island of Tenglo. You can cross from the main land to the island in a row boat for about 50 cents. On the Island you can hike to the cross at the top of the hill and see the deep blue bay, the city of Puerto Montt and several beautiful snow covered volcanos. You can take a boat ride through the Tenglo Canal which lies between the island and the main land.  Puerto Montt is the beginning point to many of the cruises that take you to southern Chile.  Puerto Montt is a good place to base yourself when in this part of Chile

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #211 on: March 04, 2007, 01:28:05 AM »
Yeah, but for all we know the photos of D/K, T/I and D/O could be the them arriving to the roadblock or detour (which ever comes first) just after the front groups, so any of these teams (other then T/I, since we know they are doing the detour at the same time as C/M) can easily make up ground. I'm so excited for tonight's episode!!
Maybe we can't count the clues left in the box  :lol:
and thanks peach  :kissy:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #212 on: March 04, 2007, 01:29:55 AM »
Ok so maybe i-mar building has nothing to do with it ..it was yellow and I was grasping for straws  ! So confusing!

No puddin--it definitely has something to do with it!

I'm thinking our fish place is the research area south-west of Puerto Montt and is owned/run by I-Mar/University/Fundación Chinquihue ...That's how you found the matched pics on their site...

I think the big yellow building is I-Mar's headquarters located on the Tenglo Canal....it is all close together...

« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 02:04:03 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2007, 01:58:23 AM »
So who's the person behind Eric in the above picture? I first suppose it's Oswald but now I don't think so. :-\
And why Joyce looks like she's going to take a clue? So this clue comes after finishing roadblock? If so Uchenna/Joyce are at least ahead of Eric/Danielle at that time.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #214 on: March 04, 2007, 03:26:20 AM »
So who's the person behind Eric in the above picture? I first suppose it's Oswald but now I don't think so. :-\
And why Joyce looks like she's going to take a clue? So this clue comes after finishing roadblock? If so Uchenna/Joyce are at least ahead of Eric/Danielle at that time.

That would be Bill--they are at the Roadblock (catch and carry the fish)....

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #215 on: March 04, 2007, 10:29:08 AM »
I found a PDF for I Mar and I don't know what to do with it.  I'm thinking it has the back of the I Mar house (it matches)

1.  Can I attach the PDF?  15 pgs and some real good pictures

2.  Would I tell someone what I Googled to find it so they could find it?

or
3.  Do I copy the pictures and try to paste them in a message.

I feel this is very important information but I don't know how to get it to you.

Kathy

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #216 on: March 04, 2007, 10:35:38 AM »

That would be Bill--they are at the Roadblock (catch and carry the fish)....

Would Joyce be allowed to open and take out a new clue by herself?  As memory recalls both team members must be together when arriving at and opening clue box.  It is different matter if they are given a clue by a designated someone after the completion of a task.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 04, 2007, 10:40:07 AM »
What about that picture of of Danielle where you can clearly see what looks to be Rob in the background? There are bunch of people standing there and I can't seem to point out a single one other then Rob!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2007, 10:40:26 AM »
G-man:

I'm thinking Joyce is just re-reading the clue while Uchenna does the task...

Makz3d-- :hello2: I'm here--and have a bunch of stuff on I-Mar too---PM me and I'll see what I can post! (This may be the blind leading the blind but we'll give it a go! :lol:)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #219 on: March 04, 2007, 10:49:59 AM »
Okay, my OCD  :lol: has kicked in and now I want to know exactly WHEN they arrive and WHEN they can leave for the next place, because I think all that is going to play a role in whether or not one of our SA legs becomes a TBC/NEL/ "Marked for Elimination" leg....

I'll try to start with what I think we know so far, but I'm going to need lots of help from apskip's flight data and Chateau's time/shadow shots and mswood's timelime eye--and all of y'all to chime in on this...

Okay--I don't think we know when the teams arrived at the pitstop last week --maybe exit interviews will help pin it down? for now, I'll assume afternoon on the 23rd, and also assume a 12 hour pitstop...
Leaving the pitstop:

Drive themselves back to Calama airport: This should be about 50-60 miles, so let's figure about 1 1/2 hours to get to the airport and another hour to 2 for finding a flight and checking in. Assuming that most of the will be leaving the pitstop in the wee hours of the morning, that allows for airport bunching.

The first flights I see out Of Calama to Puerto Montt are shown below  (assumes 11/24) :

So let's assume that our guys arrive in Puerto Montt between 12-1PM. (Do we think any of them are so far behind that they won't get on the AM flight?)

Both rafting companies I checked have departures from Puerto Varas (just a little bit away from the airport at Puerto Montt--see Maps! Maps! Maps!) at 3PM with 5 hour total trips, 2 hours on the river--and somewhere I read that it takes about just under an hour to get to the river, and there will be some sort of a safety briefing too to need some time.
Ko'Kayak Time Schedule : 9h00 and 15h00 from Puerto Varas
Duration : 5h00 overall: 2h00 on the water for a 13 km run

So I need  shadow help here as to whether or not the Fish-Block or the Rafting/Climbing comes first?

Since we know that this is an elim week thanks to TES preview, where would the most likely pitstop be? I think it makes more sense to have them at the fishery late in the day rather than at the river--but I'm just guessing here. (I'm thinking it is time for a shower somewhere and not just a river bath! :lol:) Where would the team having to go back for a clue fit in? If the pitstop wasn't at the river but maybe at Puerto Varas, that could be very time-consuming to have to go back to the river--but might work with the whole having to go somewhere to get a clue...)

If the last task was the Fish-block--where would they have to go that required going back for a clue? Wouldn't that all be right there?--We see the teams at the clue box...

But in any case, looks like we'd be looking at late afternoon/ early evening pitstop arrivals.

That would mean early Am flights again on the 25th to get our teams to Punta Arenas for their time shots of early afternoon, already determined by Chateau. (We know they are at Cerro in Punta Arenas by at least 12:45 or thereabouts...)

Then here is where it all gets tricky and confusing...

We have Punta Arenas on the 25th (with some possible clues for an Intersection? I'm not 100% convinced about this)...
We have apskip's findings of no scheduled flights on Sundays(11/26) from Punta Arenas to Ushuaia, setting up the possibility of a   l o n g   bus ride(SAT PM to SUN AM??) (although I do still think a chartered flight is an option given that we need them in the park by 11/26).
We know the teams were seen in Tierro del Fuego park on 11/26 (zodiac boats) and again on 11/28 (Guido's at internet/booking place)
This all starts to smell like a combined leg to me--at least a TBC if not a NEL...
This still needs work--what do you all think?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #220 on: March 04, 2007, 10:56:59 AM »
..Uchenna is done and running back up the hill to the cluebox
ok i'm still half asleep but heres the picture of what I think is Ucheena running back to Joyce after he completes the Roadblock

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #221 on: March 04, 2007, 11:08:28 AM »
  :lol: 'Bout time you're up, girl! :mornin:

Have some coffee  :food:

Might need some posting help here for makz3d... waiting to hear... :js:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #222 on: March 04, 2007, 11:17:33 AM »
I'm waiting for makz3d too :popcorn:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 04, 2007, 11:22:04 AM »
are there any pictures of the teams actually doing the rock-climbing detour?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #224 on: March 04, 2007, 11:26:48 AM »
bump ...

Teams arrive at the Valley of the moon in this order:
1) Rob/Amber
2) Danny/Oswald
3) Joe/Bill
4) Eric/Danielle
5) Uchenna/Joyce
6) Dustin/Kandice
7) Teri/Ian
8 Charla/Mirna
9) David/Mary
10) Kevin/Drew, who are eliminated

Roadblock: wrangle fish
Some teams arriving at the Roadblock, The BQ's, Teri & Ian and the Cha's ?? I'm not sure with the low-res video
What Ian is wearing

Joyce/Eric/Bill watch their partners perform the Roadblock
Danny watches Oswald

Danielle with Joe in the background
Uchenna
Mirna performs the Roadblock
Amber performs the Roadblock

]Detour, Raft or Climb]

**TEAMS MUST COMPLETE A TWO AND A HALF-MILE WHITE WATER RAFTING COURSE THROUGH RAGING RAPIDS, THROWING ONE RACER TO THE WILD RIVER AS THEIR TEAMMATE WATCHES HELPLESSLY

RAFT this is where it gets tough to make out the teams..they all wear the same gear and the pictures are low-res

Bill running towards the cluebox
Bill and another team who I can't make out?
Joe with Charla / Mirna in tow
Joe/Bill Charla/Mirna and??
BQ's :hifive:
Charla/Mirna
Mary/David
**A racer is thrown into the wild river as they try to complete a white water rafting course. Their teammate can only watch helplessly as their race dreams possibly float away.
Ian yells " TERIII"
Climb
**After attempting a 40-foot rock climb, two teams switch detour tasks. Will their decision cause them to lose time and possibly the race?
Eric & Danielle

Pitstop
** At the pitstop, one team's joy turns to shock when Phil tells them that they did not get one of their clues and they have to go back to retrieve it. Is this the end of their race?
**At the Pit Stop, one Team's joy turns to shock when Phil tells them that they did not get one of their clues and they must have them all before checking in.
  Mary & David? who are eliminated!