Author Topic: EP3: "I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird, I Know."  (Read 106904 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP3: "I'm Sorry I'm Wearing A Bathing Suit. It Is Very Weird, I Know."
« Reply #150 on: March 01, 2007, 09:54:59 AM »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #151 on: March 01, 2007, 10:26:48 AM »
muy excelente puddin  :o didya see who was riding on the left side of Teri and Ian's inflatable  ??? Looks like a lot of fun Sunday night.  bring on the Guinness :beer2: and Sambuca  :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #152 on: March 01, 2007, 10:30:50 AM »
muy excelente puddin  :o didya see who was riding on the left side of Teri and Ian's inflatable  ??? Looks like a lot of fun Sunday night.  bring on the Guinness :beer2: and Sambuca  :lol3:
I'm on my laptop and can't get a good visual..what do you see Papi?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2007, 10:32:13 AM »
PEACH, thanks for the "video with nice views of the falls...". It was a great tour of the area. The falls in the video were Petrohue Falls. However, I do not believe that that is the stretch of falls that was shown in the screencap that kicked off the search for appropriate falls with a volcano in the background. There are approximately 20 Saltos (Spanish for falls, unless I am mistaken) on the Rio Petrohue and the ones in the screenshot could can any of several of them. Petrohue Falls is far too narrow to match.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 11:03:18 AM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2007, 10:49:50 AM »
Very hard to get that exact shot of the Salto's from the introcaps..

« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 10:53:37 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2007, 11:11:12 AM »
pretty

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2007, 11:17:13 AM »
Puddin,

Is the latest vid available in YT or Real?  I'm using Firefox and each time I try to play the Flash it shuts down.  I'm going crazy as I want to see the video.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2007, 11:21:07 AM »
Puddin,

Is the latest vid available in YT or Real?  I'm using Firefox and each time I try to play the Flash it shuts down.  I'm going crazy as I want to see the video.
Not yet and I am on my laptop and cannot capture it right now, sorry makz3d .

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2007, 11:31:20 AM »
Puddin,

makz3d, I'm also on firefox and am able to watch the Yahoo video ok..

eta: just tried IE and it also played..
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 11:40:17 AM by Big Grand-Papi »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2007, 11:51:24 AM »

who did yeah see???? i guess im blind today lol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2007, 12:10:17 PM »

One of our Spanish speakers should translate the whole thing for us, but with the amount of Spanish I know I definitely read FISH FARMING.

School of Engineering in Acuicultura UACh Description of the race The race of Engineering in Acuicultura, forms professionals able to face and to solve to problems related to the intensive culture of marine species and candy-acui'colas. Account with an academic body of excellence, an increasing infrastructure with experimental stations and laboratories and a curricular mesh based on competitions, that assure the formation professionals able to evolve in technological areas, economic and compatible disciplines. The professionals will be enabled to make scientific investigation of high level and to develop to economic feasibility studies on the culture of new species, maintaining ethical and environmental criteria that they allow the sustainable production of the hydric resource. Occupational Field The Engineer in Acuicultura is an attractive professional for different occupational sectors due to the versatility that is from the integration of formation areas. This interdisciplinary formation allows that the occupational field of the Engineer in Acuicultura ample and is varied like allowing to be developed him in different areas. Some examples of the occupational field are indicated next: To exert in independent form the profession (technical attendance, consultancies, evaluation of projects, etc.). To work in fiscal and particular companies of culture or provision for the cultures (administration of culture centers, organization of productive processes, vegetal production or animal, studies of environmental impact of the cultures, etc.) To participate in state Institutions: Ministry of Economy, Promotion and Reconstruction, CORFO, Undersecretary's office of Fishing, etc. To work in Universities or Research centers deprived public or (technological investigation, formulation of projects, coordination of multidisciplinary equipment). Professional Profile An Engineer in Acuicultura, titleholder of the Austral University of Chile, is a professional in who they integrate the formation that allows to give to answer to the necessities of its communitarian surroundings and the formation like person and active participant of the society. The Engineer in Acuicultura will be an enabled professional to apply to Sciences and the Scientific Method in the detection, analysis and solution of the problems that are derived from the intensive production of marine and dulceacuícolas species in their biological scopes, average environmental, technological, economic and of the businesses, as well as, to assimilate the constant changes that are registered in the scope of the acuicultura and to act like agent of these same ones. This professional will be respectful of his surroundings cultural partner and the medio.ambiente through the exercise responsible for his profession within a frame ethical-moral. The set of attributes that define the Engineer in Acuicultura is from the integration of the particular attributes referred the competitions of the being, the knowledge and the knowledge to do. Alternatives of improvement The academic degree of Lawyer allows the student to continue studies of postdegree in anyone of the areas that conform the race: acuicultura, engineering, economy and businesses, as much in Chilean Universities as foreign. Investigation In the Institute of Acuicultura, technological outpost in areas of the handling of culture of fish is developed to scientific research and, crustaceans (spider crabs), moluscos (chorito, squid and abalón) and marine seaweed, focused in the disciplines of nutrition, physiology of the development and the reproduction, pathology and environmental impact.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2007, 12:45:50 PM »
Puddin,

try this ..

http://cbs2chicago.com/video/?id=30431@wbbm.dayport.com

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2007, 12:46:28 PM »

What a pair we make Kogs, I'm deaf and you're blind so we're bound to find that proverbial acorn lol. Watching this new video it is Ian who is riding in the front left of the raft. In the earlier video it appears that the person in that position is the one that takes a dunk. Now just watch, it will probably be Mary who takes the dunking  :groan:

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2007, 12:59:46 PM »

makz3d, I'm also on firefox and am able to watch the Yahoo video ok..

eta: just tried IE and it also played..

I've got something wrong.  I tried IE & IE tab (with firefox) and the Flash still shuts me down.  IE closes Windows and IE Tab closes Firefox.  I IM'd my son and he couldn't help and we figured he'd help when he's home from college at the end of the month.  I get an error if I try to go through Flash and download plugins.  I have XP PRO but I do not have SP2.  I'm not much into computers and my son that's an engineer is done with college in 4 weeks and I'll have him tweak my system.

This has been going on for a while and I usually just try to find if vid I want is in a different format.  4 more weeks and my son will be done with college and back in town. :yess:  :hearts:

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2007, 01:03:12 PM »
Thank you very much Puddin   :jumpy:   :wohoo:    :wohoo:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: March 01, 2007, 01:40:15 PM »

What a pair we make Kogs, I'm deaf and you're blind so we're bound to find that proverbial acorn lol. Watching this new video it is Ian who is riding in the front left of the raft. In the earlier video it appears that the person in that position is the one that takes a dunk. Now just watch, it will probably be Mary who takes the dunking  :groan:

if that happenes i will be  :happy: :wohoo: :jumpy:

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2007, 02:10:31 PM »
"if that happenes i will be   :happy: :wohoo::jumpy:

:lol: I'm already  :happy: :wohoo:   :jumpy:  I think we are in for some serious histrionics, and   :meow: this Sunday.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2007, 04:00:53 PM »
Drama! Finally, some Drama!

I usually hate confrontations and prefer my Drama! in the form of on-the-edge-of-your-seat death-defying scare-me-to-death tasks--but all this?? This sounds like GOLD!

Danielle vs the incredible fish, and Teri vs Mirna may be the stuff of TAR legend, and then we have someone taking a raft ride without the raft and still have two teams giving up the rapell to look forward to---this is the kind of episode that has Emmy potential written all over it. Please let them advertise it well to bring in lots of new viewers to see the fun! (Well...I'm sure it wasn't fun for them at the time--but thanks guys for doing it for us to see! :hearts:)

:margarita: Party time!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2007, 04:05:41 PM »
im excited to watch this episode!

hehe the weeks fly by now that TAR has started  :wohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #169 on: March 01, 2007, 04:10:47 PM »
fwiw  :-\

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #170 on: March 01, 2007, 04:37:21 PM »
I'm not even sure if its says " mar " but searched mar and found i-mar which led me back to Universidad de Los Lagos.
 :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #171 on: March 01, 2007, 04:47:50 PM »
Does this look the same? ( image 2:groan:

eta: in the Actividades de extension folder

« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 05:57:00 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #172 on: March 01, 2007, 04:52:06 PM »
or this?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 12:42:57 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #173 on: March 01, 2007, 05:42:40 PM »
I know I'm no Chateau d if but this is my weak attempt  :lol:

« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 05:48:05 PM by puddin »

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #174 on: March 01, 2007, 06:12:38 PM »
Puddin,

Check out Danny's picture in Reply #74 of this thread.  It has a very good view of the yellow building.