Author Topic: Who went home tonight???  (Read 9738 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Who went home tonight???
« on: February 22, 2007, 08:51:20 PM »
???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Who went home tonight???
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 08:54:53 PM »
I read:

Tonight's F24 Eliminations:

Paul Kim, Amy Krebs, Nicole Tranquillo, Rudy Cardenas.

Offline mattus

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 09:42:53 PM »
I'm really surprised Leslie Hunt made the cut :-\

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 06:57:12 AM »
what and no one is shocked that Sanjaya and Antonella is still around???? my gosh I wish I could vote...(canada boo) lol
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 07:08:17 AM »
CeeeJay, your votes would be lost in the sea of mediocrity that this level brings. I would expect both Sanjaya and Antonella to hang around a while, until the pool of potential vote offs finally dwindles and forces them out!!! Plus, I think VFTW is voting for Antonella right now.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 07:18:00 AM by tanbuns »

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 07:30:26 AM »
VFTW??

waht are you talking about

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 08:55:45 AM »

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 09:47:57 AM »
http://www.votefortheworst.com/node/1

We're back! Votefortheworst.com was started in 2004 to support voting for the entertaining contestants who the producers would hate to see win on American Idol. Why do we do it? During the initial auditions, the producers of Idol only let certain people through. Many good people are turned away and many bad singers are kept around to see Simon, Paula, and Randy so that America will be entertained.

Now why do the producers do this? It's simple: American Idol is not about singing at all, it's about making good reality TV and enjoying the cheesy, guilty pleasure of watching bad singing. We agree that a fish out of water is entertaining, and we want to acknowledge this fact by encouraging people to make an even funnier show by helping the amusing antagonists stick around. VFTW sees keeping these contestants around as a golden opportunity to make a funnier show.

The show starts out every year encouraging us to point and laugh at all of the bad singers who audition. We want this hilariously bad entertainment to continue into the finals, so we choose the contestant that we feel provides the most entertaining train wreck performances and we start voting for them. We don't necessarily vote for the worst technical singer; we take into account many factors like if they have crazy personalities, how well they dance and move around the stage, if they have an attitude, if they annoy the general public or judges, etc. The bottom line is that they have to be entertaining and they have to go against what AI wants to produce in a winner. So we don't just vote for the worst singer, we vote for the most entertaining contestant using our own criteria.

American Idol producers don't like this though, because they've already spent time "pimping" the contestant that they want to win. Because they don't like our site, Fox has called us "hateful" and "mean spirited". Doesn't it seem a tad hypocritical to say that when the show has weeks devoted to making fun of bad auditions? The producers also profited from a "Worst of American Idol" DVD set. How can the producers let Simon mock some of the contestants but then let us be called "vicious" when a campaign exists to help those very contestants? We don't hate the people we vote for, we actually love them!

Vote for the Worst encourages you to have fun with American Idol and embrace its suckiness by voting for the people who the general public and the producers are rooting against. We rally behind one choice so that we can help make a difference and pool all of our votes toward one common goal. Join us and vote for the VFTW contestant as many times as you can each week. Our aim isn't to win every single week, but to get a bad contestant as far as possible. If our VFTW pick is ousted from the competition, we'll move onto someone new. If we can help someone who was supposed to go home inch a spot closer to winning, that's a great success! We care less about succeeding every single week than we do just enjoying the performances as they happen.

People may tell you "VFTW makes no difference, their votes don't count". Obviously this makes no sense, because every vote counts. We're a fanbase just like the fangirls who somehow thought Ace Young was a good singer. It wouldn't make much sense to say that our voting bloc makes no difference and then vote all night for your own favorite, because your votes would make even less of a difference.

We've had VFTW victories in the past with contestants like John Stevens, Scott Savol, Kevin Covais, Kellie Pickler, and Taylor Hicks. We're now gearing up for season 6 of America's Largest Karaoke Contest. So, go on, embrace the cheesiness of American Idol and other television shows. Help us Vote For the Worst!

Are you joking !! this is pathetic...bad singing doesn't make good tv at this point of the show....i makes me not want to watch!! there is nothing in Sundace or Antonellas personality that make for good tv like Kellie PIckler did!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 10:42:58 AM »
I agree with you CeeeJay. For us "serious" Idol watchers, this is just wrong.  (:;)

I really don't think they impact the results very much near the end when there are only a few singers to distribute America's votes between. But in the early going when there are so many candidates, a concentrated effort for one person like Antonella can help keep her around.  :groan:

It used to be when their candidate got voted out that was it. But last season when one got cut, they would choose a new horse. They want to take credit for the Taylor Hicks win, but I believe he had a huge enough fan base of his own!!!

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 12:25:03 PM »
meh! i don't like taylor and i never will...i didnt care for catherine too much but i did prefer her.  Chris Daughtry was my fav..but i'm glad he didn't win because he's doing his own music now!! (thank god he denied being the front singer for fuel!)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 08:25:46 PM »
Can someone fill me in please? I was watching Survivor.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 09:41:41 PM »
Tonight A. J. Talbaldo, Nicholas Pedro, Alaina Alexandra and Leslie Hunt. Sanjaya thought for sure he was a goner but the teenyboppers must have saved him yet again.

Alaina was so devastated she couldn't even sing, the backup singers covered until she could finally finish her song. Leslie did a lot better cracking a joke in the last part of her song, changing the words to say she wished she hadn't decided to sing scat. I missed the last thing she sang, but it had to do with jazz.. I hope someone else caught it. I think she was saying she wished she'd sung what she did best but I'm not sure.

I was so hoping Barba would leave us.  :groan:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 09:45:39 PM »
meh! i don't like taylor and i never will...i didnt care for catherine too much but i did prefer her.  Chris Daughtry was my fav..but i'm glad he didn't win because he's doing his own music now!! (thank god he denied being the front singer for fuel!)

CeeeJay, when they came to Austin I was disappointed with Taylor. It was at the end of the tour and they had added a couple more stops so perhaps they were tired but he just didn't wow me. Katherine didn't either for that matter. The best performer was Mandisa. She was terrific.

Chris just had a sold out appearance here in Austin, he is doing great!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 09:56:41 PM »
Thanks TL  :kissy:

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 10:50:59 PM »
America got it half right tonight. Alaina hasn't performed up to her potential and Nick has to charisma, just like Simon says. But AJ has a great voice and an energetic personality and Leslie was very unique and she has a voice as well. Antonella and Sanjaya I don't know how you do it every week.

Remember this is a singing competition plus I don't know how much more talk I can take about the stupid freakin' pics of Antonella all over the freakin' internet.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 11:56:34 PM »
Tonight A. J. Talbaldo, Nicholas Pedro, Alaina Alexandra and Leslie Hunt. Sanjaya thought for sure he was a goner but the teenyboppers must have saved him yet again.

Thanks TL.  Like puddin and other diehard Survivor fans, I can't watch or tape AI on Thurs, b/c I tape Survivor commercial free! (have taped ALL seasons.) 
Lucky I can watch AI on Tu/W! 

Anyway, I cannot believe Barba is still there. :groan:  Dial Idol predictions had her in 3rd place BEFORE the show!  I nearly fainted this afternoon when I saw the chart.  Same with Sanjay...it showed him in 2nd.  How can these two be ranked so high when neither of them did good at all and Simon flat let them both know it!!  Is this show rigged or something?  ???  I'm beginning to think so.  :(   

http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 12:41:03 AM »

Thanks TL.  Like puddin and other diehard Survivor fans, I can't watch or tape AI on Thurs, b/c I tape Survivor commercial free! (have taped ALL seasons.) 
Lucky I can watch AI on Tu/W! 

Anyway, I cannot believe Barba is still there. :groan:  Dial Idol predictions had her in 3rd place BEFORE the show!  I nearly fainted this afternoon when I saw the chart.  Same with Sanjay...it showed him in 2nd.  How can these two be ranked so high when neither of them did good at all and Simon flat let them both know it!!  Is this show rigged or something?  ???  I'm beginning to think so.  :(   

http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp

Is this your first season of Idol, this is nothing new. Taylor Hicks won last year, anything is possible.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 02:02:08 AM »
Season 5 was my first season and I LOVE Taylor!  He was my fav from the day he auditioned and I was elated he won.  I know many people didn't like him or that he won, but I will forever be a fan of his.  Each to his/her own taste. 

But, had Kat, Kellie Pickler, Mandisa or Chris won, ok with me!!  They are all great in their own ways.   I just think Season 5 had more truly great talent than this season.

Right now, my favs are Melinda, Katisha, Sundance, Chris S, & Blake...in that order. 

So, BBKates, are you saying the show is set up by the producers for certain ones to win? 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 12:56:42 PM »
Ruday, I think last year was probably the best season with talented people. I loved Taylor and Kat, my favorite was Kellie but they just were not up to par with the others here in Austin. They probably were exhausted.

I was surprised that Simon hit Phil Stacy with the karaoke comment on Tuesday. I like his singing.

We taped Survivor to watch AI. It wasn't a big problem since Kellie was going to sing so the choice was easy.  :tup:

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »
Season 5 was my first season and I LOVE Taylor!  He was my fav from the day he auditioned and I was elated he won.  I know many people didn't like him or that he won, but I will forever be a fan of his.  Each to his/her own taste. 

But, had Kat, Kellie Pickler, Mandisa or Chris won, ok with me!!  They are all great in their own ways.   I just think Season 5 had more truly great talent than this season.

Right now, my favs are Melinda, Katisha, Sundance, Chris S, & Blake...in that order. 

So, BBKates, are you saying the show is set up by the producers for certain ones to win? 

Do they pick the winner? No
But do the tweak the results so certain people don't leave? YES!

At the end of the closing credits there is a disclaimer that says the producers have the rights to change the results.

I also know that last season the week Paris left that Katharine was suppose to leave.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 01:36:49 PM »
really that whole paris thing didn't hav ea clue!!

and by personal opinion...Kellie was HORRIBLE Last night...
She looks BAD!! when did she age so much...put on weight...implants????

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 02:24:21 PM »
really that whole paris thing didn't hav ea clue!!

and by personal opinion...Kellie was HORRIBLE Last night...
She looks BAD!! when did she age so much...put on weight...implants????

Apparently Simon showed up two hours before the show to complain to the producers. Paris herself even knew she was going home unfairly that week.

Kellie Pickler is no Carrie Underwood. The real Idol takes the stage next week!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 03:40:04 PM »
I about fell out of my chair when I saw Kellie. Her hairdo made her look 20 years older. When Ryan asked her what she had spent her money on, she said shoes!!! It went right over her head!!!  :lol3:

I too loved Taylor, and was glad he won. But I would have been happy with any of the top 5 or 6.

This season my favorites are Blake, Melinda, LaKisha, both Chris', Stephanie, and Phil!!! Not sure of the order yet!!!

I don't necessarily think the show is rigged. But certain groups like VFTW do manipulate the results. Sundance and Antonella are locks for the top 12 because of them!!! Antonella especially will be taking a spot that should go to somebody more deserving!!!  (:;)

But as long as my favs make it, I will be happy!!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007, 01:04:50 AM »
Wished I could've watched the Thurs nite show and seen Kellie.  So you all think she has let stardom go to her head or what? 
Re: Sanjay...I love his hair and smile, his sweetness and voice!  :luvya:  I just wish he'd come out of his shyness and really belt out his songs!!  I'm shocked he wasn't booted this week.  Maybe staying longer gave him a confidence boost to really WoW us next week!?
Hope so!  :yess:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 01:59:19 AM »
Do they pick the winner? No
But do the tweak the results so certain people don't leave? YES!

At the end of the closing credits there is a disclaimer that says the producers have the rights to change the results.

I also know that last season the week Paris left that Katharine was suppose to leave.
Thanks for the info, BbKates.  I wasn't aware of the disclaimer. 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 09:38:52 PM »
Wished I could've watched the Thurs nite show and seen Kellie.  So you all think she has let stardom go to her head or what? 
Re: Sanjay...I love his hair and smile, his sweetness and voice!  :luvya:  I just wish he'd come out of his shyness and really belt out his songs!!  I'm shocked he wasn't booted this week.  Maybe staying longer gave him a confidence boost to really WoW us next week!?
Hope so!  :yess:

Kellie looked beautiful,her hair style made her look quite a lot older though. I'd like to see her looking like the young 21 year old. The song about her mother is heartbreaking.

I didn't realize that the producers can have input into the voting as well. If that is true, watch out Ms. Barba!