Author Topic: My Impressions of the Top 12 Ladies  (Read 2272 times)

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
My Impressions of the Top 12 Ladies
« on: February 22, 2007, 07:07:55 AM »
After such a dismal performance from the guys overall, we desperately needed a good night from the ladies. We got it!!! There were only a couple that I didn’t like, so that makes it easy come vote out time!!!

Stephanie Edwards singing “How Come You Don’t Call Me”. They have hidden her from us all season so far, but she was great. Randy says it is already better than anything from last night. Paula says she is a star. Simon says it was a good song choice and terrific performance.

Amy Krebs singing “I Can’t Make You Love Me”.  A little pitchy in places. Randy says it was boring. Paula tells her she needs to sing bluesy, R&B songs. Simon tells her that to stay in this competition she must do something to stand out.

Leslie Hunt singing “You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman”. Something out this girl freaks me out. She does OK, but her “dancing” reminds me of Taylor Hicks!!!  :pickle:  Randy says the song was too big for her. Paula says she shined more in the auditions. Simon says she gave an embarrassed and ungainly performance.

Sabrina Sloan sings “Ain’t Never Loved a Man”. Another good performance from someone I haven’t seen much of. Randy tells her that’s the way to put it down, and thinks it’s the best of the night. Paula gives her a standing ovation. Simon tells her that she sings like she has the desire to win.

Antonella Barba butchering, er singing “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing”. I haven’t liked this girl from day one, and really wanted her to do bad. She didn’t let me down. Randy tells her it was not good. Paula says the song didn’t work for her. Simon tell her the song was too big for her.

Jordin Sparks singing “Give Me One Reason”. Starts a little rough, but picks it up later. Randy tells her to go for a big sound. Paula says it was a good song. Simon says it was good, but to push herself.

Nicole Tranquillo singing “Stay” I think. OK song, but she oversang it at the end. Randy thought it was rough. Paula says she has an amazing vocal range. Simon says it was unnatural and indulgent.

Haley Scarnato singing “Its All Coming Back to Me”. She is a beautiful girl, and I though she sang nice. Randy says it was a good song choice, but it was just OK. Paula says it was a nice job. Simon thought she sounded like she was 40 (like that’s old, or something  :wtf:).

Melinda Doolittle singing “Since You’ve Been Gone.” My early favorite to win it all, she did a great job!!! Randy thought she was Da Bomb!!! Paula called her a firecracker. Simon says she is a fantastic talent.

Alaina Alexander sings “Brass In Pocket.” I didn’t like it very much. Randy tells her it wasn’t great. Paula says she didn’t make the song her own. Simon says it’s a good thing she’s pretty.  :lol:

Gina Glocksen singing “All By Myself.” OK for the most part, but isn’t she suppose to be a rocker chick? Randy says she has a big voice. Paula says she sang the right song. Simon was surprised at the different side of her, but that she missed the big note.

LaKisha Jones singing “You’re Gonna Love Me.” I like this girl, and she did terrific. Best of the night for me!!! Randy says he love her, and says that Jennifer Hudson better watch out. Paula gives her a standing ovation. Simon says (in reference to what he said to Gina earlier) THAT was the right note!!!

My top three for the night were ……

LaKisha
Melinda
Stephanie

And yes, I like “chocolate”!!!

Going home should be Antonella and Alaina or Leslie!!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: My Impressions of the Top 12 Ladies
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 05:02:58 AM »
Melinda/LaKisha/Stephanie in that order...are my top favs so far!  They are sooo great, I can't remember the others.  The performances of these three gals stand out in my mind!

True, Melinda needs a bit more confidence, but I think everytime she performs, her confidence will improve drastically.  I appreciate & respect her sweet personality and humbleness.  Awesome if she becomes Season 6 American Idol!

Lakisha is a natural also, but I sense she is a little apprehensive, not sure why unless she is missing her little 4 yr old daughter & may feel a little guilty for leaving her for a singing career?  She needs a more stylish Doo....an upsweep or trim with loose curls.  Also, her wardrobe needs some work. 

Stephanie is beautiful, her Doo, Wardrobe, the way she carries herself along with her
fantastic talent. 

They all have superb talent & stage presence.  I predict one of these gals will be the next AI!

:wohoo:  :hearts: You go Girls!!  :jumpy: 
All my votes belong to you!  :yess:  :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Good luck!   :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: My Impressions of the Top 12 Ladies
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 05:26:52 AM »
Tanny, thank you for the great synopsis!  I hope you can do it every week.  :)

RE: Antonella Barba, I also haven’t liked her from day one, but I really lost respect for her (and friend Amanda) when they were grouped with Baylie Brown, the little blond 16 yr old from San Antonio.  Baylie could've really used their support and help, but they purposely didn't work with her for their group performance.  I feel the double A's set up Baylie to lose.  It is sad, b/c Baylie has more talent than the two of them put together.  Baylie would've made it to the top 24 had she been in a supportive group.  I hope she will try again next year and have lots better luck!
She will know more what to expect and assert herself, not let anyone walk all over her! 

I'm going to be looking for Baylie Brown next year!  :yess: :tup: