Author Topic: Overall Impressions of Top 12 Guys  (Read 2892 times)

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
Overall Impressions of Top 12 Guys
« on: February 20, 2007, 10:06:09 PM »
A extremely dissapointing night overall. No one was amazing however there were some good performances.

Blake- This guy is extremely talented and he proved tonight he deserves to be there. I'm glad he sang a contemporary song.

Phil- The guy has an amazing voice. The beginning was rough but by the end I was impressed.

Chris- He is so unique, he can sing and he has personality.

My prediction: Rudy and Nicholas are going home.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
Re: Overall Impressions of Top 12 Guys
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 06:45:37 AM »
Hopefully Jeffrey will do his usual idol reviews. They are great!!! But until then, I will give my impressions from last night.

As they were introducing all the guys, they certainly looked very nervous. I can’t say that I blame them, since as Ryan said, they are be singing in front of 30 million people!!!  :-[

Starting the whole thing off was Rudy Cardenas singing “Free Ride”. He was dressed pretty cool and has some pretty good moves out there. I thought he was just OK, and give him a break since he had to sing first. Randy didn’t like him. Paula says he started things off lively. Simon says he has no originality.

Brandon Rogers singing “Rock With You”. This guy is a lock for top 12, but not with this performance. Randy and Paula both say he is pitchy and too many runs. Simon says he is trying to be safe, but is better than that.

Sundance Head. No idea what he sang, but I didn’t like it. I had such high hopes for this guy, but he is getting worse. Randy said he was pitchy. Paula thinks he chose the wrong song. Simon says he is flat, and is like Dad at wedding.

Paul Kim sang “Careless Whisper”.  Started out good, but got bad later. Randy didn’t like it, but says he has promise. Paula says he over sang the song. Simon told him to put shoes on next week!!!  :lol:

Chris Richardson singing “I Don’t Want to Be”. He seemed so nervous. His dad cracks me up, but that is me if one of my daughters was up there. Randy liked it, and says the show just started for him. Paula loved his arrangement. But Simon said he sounded small voiced.

Nick Pedro singing “Now and Forever”. I didn’t like it much, and Randy agrees. Paula says he has no magic. Simon thought it wasn’t that bad, and predicted he would be back next week.

Blake Lewis singing “Somewhere Only We Know”. I liked it, but then again I am biased because he is one of my favorites. Randy said he dug it. Paula loved that tried something different. Simon was glad that he didn’t do any beat boxing, and thought that he sounded like something 2007.

Sanjaya Malakar sang “Knocks Me Off My Feet”. I don’t really like this guy, but thought he did pretty good. Randy thought he was pretty bad. Paula wants more personality from him. Simon thought it was a dreary performance.

Chris Sligh singing something I didn’t know. I like this guy a lot, but maybe more as a comedian. Randy says he is a Chris fan. Paula liked his song choice. Simon made some joke about a weird student gig.

Jared Cotter singing “Back At One”. Sounded OK I guess. Randy thought it was pretty good. Paula likes up tempos songs better. Simon thought he was nasally and unadverturous.

AJ Tabaldo singing “Never Too Much”. Sounded pretty good, but sings through his nose too much. Randy thought he was pretty good. Paula was dancing while he was singing. Simon thought it was a good theme park performance.

Phil Stacey. Doing his best Brittany Spears impression singing “I Could Not Ask For More”. I told Mrs. Tanbuns I was worry for him when he started out weak. But then he finished great!!! Randy thought he was the best of the night. Paula said the had perfect pitch. Simon didn’t like him much, but didn’t like any of them really.

Overall impressions were that this was a very weak night!!! No one really stepped up yet!!! I hope for better for the ladies tonight!!!

Best of the night were Blake and Phil.

Eliminated should be Sundance Head and Nick "vote for" Pedro.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 07:40:10 AM by tanbuns »

Offline Kilarney

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 03:37:54 PM »
I was pretty bored with the guys.  I'm not sure if it's their fault, or because I just feel that the show is being dragged out for too long until we get to our finalists.

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 07:45:47 PM »
I was pretty bored with the guys.  I'm not sure if it's their fault, or because I just feel that the show is being dragged out for too long until we get to our finalists.

It's definitely their fault. There were a lot of averaging voices and up to this point I felt like the guys had the edge talent wise but I'm not so sure anymore. I guess we can make a better judgement after the girls sing.

Offline bellick

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 10:12:44 PM »
To put it simply, the guys were terrible. For me, none stood out.