Author Topic: Final 24 - my thoughts  (Read 2940 times)

Offline Kilarney

• RFF Jr. Member
Final 24 - my thoughts
« on: February 15, 2007, 03:12:48 PM »
Here are some thoughts on the final 24:

Should do well:
- Chris Sligh
- Blake Lewis
- Lakisha Jones

Get to know them now, since they are going to be voted off soon:
- Sundance Head
- Sanjaya Malakar
- Paul Kim
- Leslie Hunt
- AJ Tabaldo

And the person I want to be voted off first....
- Antonella Barba.  How did she make it?  She stinks!  Plus... she really seems like a b*tch.  She needs to go.

Offline carimac

• RFF Newbie
Re: Final 24 - my thoughts
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 07:45:10 PM »
I could not believe that when it came down to the last 2 guys, Sundance Head and the other guy, they chose Sundance!  He sucks and the other guy was great!  Sundance looks about 35, I can't believe he's under the cutoff age (28? 30?)  and it appears like he is going to have a coronary half the time.  The other guy was great, loved his 1st audition too.  Oh well, I guess because S. Head's father was some famous singer back in the day they felt they should take him.  Bummer!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 08:41:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum Kilarney and carimac :welcome: :yaya:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 03:34:02 AM »
Welcome to the forum Kilarney and carimac :welcome: :yaya:
:ythat: Kilarney and carimac!  :hithere: 
Glad you joined RFF!  :tup:
Have fun,
Ruday

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 10:39:52 AM »
I had very high hopes for Sundance early on. Although he did suck during Hollywood, I am not going to give up on him yet. But I still wish they had kept the other guy too, and maybe dropped Sanjaya Malakar or Paul Kim!!! I agree with you that they will make early exits!!!

In this week's TV Guide, they were talking about some of the Idol candidates, and maybe explains why they were let go.

*Akron Watson had an arrest for pot possession, and never made it to Hollywood.

*Ashlyn Carr had an arrest for putting sugar in an ex-boyfriend's gas tank.

*Jorey Steinberg is actually from Canada, so shouldn't have been in the competition.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 01:05:07 PM »
Really, Tanny?  Jory is from Canada?  I heard about the others you mentioned, but not her.  I had really HIGH hopes of her making it to the Finals...one of my favorite gals. 
Well, that is sad, b/c she has fantastic talent.  After she left the Auditioning room, Simon said, "why can't they all be like that...that was easy!"  I bet all the judges were very sorry that it didn't work out for her.

I must watch my tape from Wednesday's show, and will comment more this weekend I hope!

Ruday  ;D

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 01:16:19 PM »
Jory is from Canada...but she's living / working or school with visa in the states...therefore she's aloud to compete...there have been many in the past from foreign countries.

didn't Jory get cut the first group of girls first day in hollywood??
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 01:17:37 PM »
Ruday ....... you may be thinking of Jordin Sparks from Arizona. I agree she is one of the females to beat!!!

Jorey Steinberg was the very first female auditioner on Tuesday's Hollywood show. She sounded great to me, but they let her whole group go, saying that it was a bad way to start off Hollywood week!!!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 01:22:39 PM »
I shoulda known you'd know CeeeJay!!!  :lol:

I am just going by what the article said about her not being eligible. I figured that they had decided that the best way to handle it was to just cut her early, and not make a big deal out of it!!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 03:36:42 AM »
Ruday ....... you may be thinking of Jordin Sparks from Arizona. I agree she is one of the females to beat!!!

Jorey Steinberg was the very first female auditioner on Tuesday's Hollywood show. She sounded great to me, but they let her whole group go, saying that it was a bad way to start off Hollywood week!!!
I rewatched Tues show to jog my memory.  Yep Tanny, you're right about Jory.  How  could I forget that she was in the first group and was the first one to perform!?  :groan:  Anyway, I am so sorry she didn't make it to the top 24.  Her chances would've been better had she NOT been the first one or in the first group.  There's more pressure being first.  The others have an advantage by seeing the mistakes the first ones make.  Simom remarked to the first group that "there was no originality". 

It would be fair for the first group to be given a 2nd try after several other groups have performed!  Or, all judges should tell ALL of them exactly what they are looking for in the initial performance.  Do they get any coaching at all to help them get started in Hollywood I wonder?
If not, they should!  :umn: