Author Topic: Isn't Hollwood usually longer than a week on the show?  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Isn't Hollwood usually longer than a week on the show?
« on: February 13, 2007, 08:17:51 PM »
Ok, I thought Hollywood week (5 days in real time) was stretched out much more on TV. Like Auditions on one whole show, Group Day was another show, and final auditions & group/room cuts were another show? It seems they have just rushed this whole thing

All of the things I mentioned was in tonights show, and Hollywood is over tomorrow night already!! Maybe I am wrong on this, and this is how they always do it, but Hollywood is always fun to watch, and I fell jipped. Anyone else??

Rob

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
Re: Isn't Hollwood usually longer than a week on the show?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 09:06:58 PM »
They just compress that part of the show more and more every season. I find it a bit frustrating cause it's hard to pick out the good people. I think they could have easily made this into 4 episodes and showed us more.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 06:44:40 AM »
I was saying the same thing to Mrs. Tanbuns last night. Although I enjoy laughing at many of the Idol wannabes during the auditions, I would have gladly traded some of that time for more time from Hollywood!!! Many people who made it to Hollywood, NEVER were shown on TV. Out of the 170 something people there, we only got to see a couple dozen last night. And many of those we had already seen!!! Grrrrrrr  (:;) They coulda/shoulda made this a two hour show!!! I can't help but think that they must be hiding some of them from us for later!!!

A lot of my early favorites didn't stay around very long!!! They cut one of my favorites right off the bat, Jory Steinberg. I thought she was better than a lot of the later ones!!!

I felt really bad for Baylie Brown. She had top 12 written all over her, but choked when it counted. I hope she tries out again next season!!!

BTW ........ the guy from my city, Phil Stacey, made it to top 40!!!  :happy:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 08:55:50 AM by tanbuns »

Offline Snickers

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Back
    • Rachael Speaks
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 08:49:17 AM »
Last nights show was very disappointing.  You hardly got to see anyone.  Where was the drama, yes they showed some but not like last season.  Poor Bailey, she should have bailed on those best friends.  Yet, others that just didn't have it in group moved on only to be cut in the large groups.  Disappointing, it would be like survivor, squishing the all of its TC into one until the tribes merges, we aren't even getting a chance to get to know these people.  Bad judgment on their part.
Snickers
Did you miss me?

Offline shadia

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 10:48:36 AM »
They just compress that part of the show more and more every season. I find it a bit frustrating cause it's hard to pick out the good people. I think they could have easily made this into 4 episodes and showed us more.

I agree 100%!!!  >:(

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 11:44:02 AM »
i have a hard time watching the audition rounds, too many bad singers shown. i want more hollywood time to see the ones that did get through and pick my favorites then. too much was focused on too few last night. and i didn't care about too many of them. i'm losing interest way too soon this season.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 12:38:45 PM »
The thing is, after Hollywood, I lose interest until the final 5 or 10. Obviously, the people shown last night are in the top 24, otherwise, they would not let us get attached to them.

I will watch tonight to see the top 24 picked, then its pretty much over for me until about April when I get interested again!

Rob

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 12:59:18 PM »
The thing is, after Hollywood, I lose interest until the final 5 or 10. Obviously, the people shown last night are in the top 24, otherwise, they would not let us get attached to them.

I will watch tonight to see the top 24 picked, then its pretty much over for me until about April when I get interested again!

Rob

I honestly wouldn't waste your time tonight. It's actually just a big filler episode. I think watching the top 24 episodes are crucial. The contestants pick their own songs so you kind of begin to see their identities. You also begin to see which contestants the judges are pimping more than others. But if you're really not a fan just wait until the top 12 starts. There are rumors of a Beatles Night which I think will be amazing!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 01:49:36 PM »
I'm not even sure if my friend from Penna. made it? We were like WTF? and Jory Steinberg  :'( ..so sad I really liked her too Tanny.

Offline carimac

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 07:51:16 PM »
It was very short - I think it is usually 2 episodes.  I was SO disappointed that when it got down to the final 2 guys, "Sundance" Head and the tall guy with the 'fro, they went with this Sundance guy!  The other one was so much better!!  Sundance looks well over 30 yrs old, I cant believe he's under the cutoff age.  Bizarre....  :-\

Offline Frnchfry34

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 08:11:39 PM »
i think the hollywood part is so boring! i was so happy it was in 2 days :)

i can't wait till the final 12. thats when it gets good.