Author Topic: American Idol Season 6 Premiere January 16th  (Read 12149 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: American Idol Season 6 Premiere January 16th
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 12:34:53 AM »
I found out what happened to that girl that we know that we thought might try out for AI :)

Idol-ized: Tobyhanna teen Michelle Rescigno wins talent contest
NATHAN MATTISE
For The Pocono Record
July 04, 2006

The sounds of Kelly Clarkson's "Walk Away" resonated throughout the packed theater. When the song was over, the talented lady's mature voice earned her a well deserved round of applause — not to mention a $1,000 cash prize.

The concert was for Bo Bice, not Kelly Clarkson. And the song wasn't performed by the first "American Idol" winner, but by Michelle Rescigno, a 16-year-old Pocono Mountain West student from Tobyhanna.

Rescigno was the winner of the KRZ Idol competition sponsored by local radio station WKRZ 98.5 FM. As part of her prize, she performed as an opening act and introduced Bice at the concert last week.

Rescigno received cash, the performance opportunity and a three-day trip to Miami for front row seats at a Madonna concert.

"And all I had to do was sing a couple songs," Rescigno said.

Not such a big deal for someone who's been around music all her life. Rescigno's father, Richard, owns a recording studio. She's been playing piano since age 7 and started composing original works at 11. She performed an original work, "My Last Goodbye," to a good crowd response at the Bice concert.

Recently, Rescigno cut a demo of her work between the ages of 12 and 14 and has had some interested producers because of it.

But that's seven years past her first recording. In her dad's studio at the age of 5, she had her first recorded work on an album when she agreed to sing on Warner Brothers' artist Moran's record — on the condition that she'd be paid immediately with a new Barbie.

"Singing I've been doing for forever, if you count dance recitals, I started performing when I was 4," Rescigno said. "But the Bice concert was the first time opening for anyone big."

The KRZ competition was an open audition where interested listeners could go to participating locations and perform a song of their choice for the chance to win the title of KRZ Idol. Rescigno heard about the competition from a friend who thought she could do well.

"I got a call from a friend," she said, 'I heard there's this thing going on at the mall and you should go,'" Rescigno said. "So that very night I went to Wal-Mart and got a karaoke CD, then I got put through to the final round."

At the mall, Rescigno performed a Mariah Carey song. During the finals, she performed "Walk Away" by Clarkson.

Now that she's 16, Rescigno might take either song and use it when she auditions for "American Idol" in the fall. Fox Network's wildly popular music competition is very selective and it may be a long shot, but Rescigno is realistic and knows that music will always be a part of her future.

"I'd love to just tour and do albums for the rest of my life, sure," she said. "But if that doesn't happen, a music teacher is something I'd be interested in too."

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 01:49:03 AM »
Hope we see Michelle in the auditions.  Sounds like she's very musically talented, and serious about a future in the musical world!  Good Luck to her!  :tup:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2007, 03:00:04 PM »
I really hope we do get to see Michelle, so far we haven't really seen any top-notch performers. Hopefully tonight will have better contestants.  :tup:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 04:44:33 AM »
I think there were a few more truly talented people last nite and maybe even more from New York tonite?  Hope so, TL!  Maybe Michelle will go to NY auditions.  It's the closest state to her home state.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 10:43:37 AM »
I found out that Tim Marchetto was at the Memphis tryouts but was only seen in the background but did make the cut to Hollywood. Also Michelle, the Pocono girl, is telling her classmates that she didn't try out for this season but I don't know why not or all the details.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2007, 04:03:53 AM »
Cool that Tim Marchetto made it to Hollywood, puddin!  :tup:  Thanks for letting us know about him, as well as Michelle, the Pocono girl.  Sorry she isn't in it this season.  I bet at age 16 she is just too busy with school etc. 

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2007, 12:18:15 PM »
Anyone else see PPG in the yellow outfit last night?  :lolmao:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2007, 12:29:14 AM »
Cole............be nice!!!!!!  :meow:  :groan:

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2007, 11:58:18 AM »
 :angel: i am  :angel:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2007, 08:05:34 PM »
Good show tonight! lots of talent  :happy:

anyways heres a story on that guy I know ..

Bethlehem man owes 'Idol' appearance to grandma
Wednesday, January 31, 207
By ALYSSA YOUNG
The Express-Times
The 28-year-old Bethlehem man who made it to Hollywood on the television reality show "American Idol" said on a radio program Tuesday morning his grandmother made him do it.

Tim Marchetto spoke with WAEB's Bobby "Gunther" Walsh about 9 a.m., saying he was watching "Idol" with his grandmother when she turned to him and said, "I think you should go out for the show. I could see you on TV
He realized she was sincere, and, "That was all the deciding factor I needed."

Marchetto -- who grew up in Bath and never was part of a choir or chorus -- began singing at 19 years old, after graduating high school, he said.

He joined an a cappella group and, "The first time I sang on a stage with a microphone I knew that's what I was born to do."

"I'm not worried about winning the show. It's just pursuing it," Marchetto said. "I don't look at it as anything other than being the best you can be."

He's met Marisa Rhodes of Lower Saucon Township, who also earned a ticket to Hollywood after auditioning for "Idol." She's a 22-year-old, 2002 graduate of Saucon Valley High School.

"She's got an incredible voice," Marchetto said. "Definitely an award-winning personality, and she's very talented."

Marchetto says his goal is to be a professional entertainer, not necessarily a pop artist, as long as he gets to enjoy his "love for the stage." He's now a member of a band called Shake, Rattle and Soul.

His favorite type of music?

"Anything that gets a crowd going."

http://www.nj.com/living/expresstimes/index.ssf?/base/living-0/1170220241139900.xml&coll=2

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2007, 08:12:31 PM »
I feel so bad for the Houston mayor, apparently he is deaf

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2007, 12:30:55 AM »
Need to watch Tues 6th show just to see/hear Tim Marchetto! Already I know I like him!
Love his healthy attitude:  "I don't look at it as anything other than being the best you can be."
Cool!  :tup:  With that attitude, he may end up getting in the finals.

Offline Snickers

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Back
    • Rachael Speaks
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2007, 09:40:40 AM »
How 'bout that poor girl with the Orange pants.  And Simon & Randy just laughed because the clothes were so tight, all I could think of was the song Rob sent to me many years ago?  Do you still have it Rob?  Do you know which one I am referring toe? :o
Snickers
Did you miss me?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2007, 11:19:56 AM »
LOL Snickers! the cameltoe song ? :rotf:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2007, 01:18:33 AM »
I feel so bad for the Houston mayor, apparently he is deaf
He had to be deaf to let that gal sing for him. 

For the audition, she held her right hand on her right ear while she "sang" .  I wonder if she had an earphone from a Walkman or whatever & was trying to sing to music fed into her ear!!  I expected Simon to ask her about it, but he didn't. 

Offline Snickers

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Back
    • Rachael Speaks
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2007, 09:06:29 AM »
Oh, man those auditions were even worse a second time.  I had to watch with my 9yr old the Feb. 6 auditions.  Isn't that the 2nd time someone has tried to sing "Black Velvet" this season and murdered the song?  My fav had to be Bailey Brown, and they were right a perfect name for a singer.  I wish today was Tuesday, too long a wait.  The show should be Monday, Tuesday, and then Friday.  That works for my tv viewing schedule.

Later,
Snix
Snickers
Did you miss me?

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2007, 02:46:05 AM »
Yeah, Baylie Brown is gonna make the finals I bet.  She has a great voice and stage presence, altho Paula said her voice would mature in a couple years.  I'll be rooting for Baylie for sure and hope she goes far.

Whew.  no more auditions.  Some were so ridiculous they were actually funny and entertaining...but most (of the NON talented ones) were yuk...stupid... B:) B:) B:)   I was just reading in the AI newsletter what a gal in Newfoundland thought of one audition:
"We have an expression in Newfoundland: as slow as cold molasses running uphill in December... which describes the speed with which William Green sang "Amazing Grace." Was he trying to make it last for an eternity?"
 :rotf:   Well, the guy meant well, but OMgosh...

Anyway, like you, Snix...I am readiiieeeeee for the SHOW to begin!  :wohoo:
So bring it awwwnnnn!  :happy:

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 02:49:31 AM by RudyRules »

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2007, 03:53:11 PM »
I'm so glad the auditions are over! Bring on the good people so the real show and competition can begin.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2007, 08:43:46 PM »
At least Philip Stacy mad it Tanny! I never saw my Tim  :'(

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2007, 06:53:52 AM »
I'm proud that Phil made it. They have been talking about him a lot on the news lately!!! And I thought he sounded really good on the "limited" amount that they showed us last night!!!

Too bad about your Tim. As I said in an earlier post, there were many who made it to Hollywood that we NEVER got to hear!!! And many that were profiled during the auditions, like the Fidel Castro dude and the young opera singer girl from NY, were cut at Hollywood. But we never got the chance to know why!!!  (:;)

I think this is a pretty good group overall!!! I am looking forward to "finally" getting to see them compete!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2007, 10:03:49 AM »
Best part of all!! No Taylor Hicks  types :wohoo:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2007, 05:00:07 PM »
aww c'mon puddin.  :-\   :neener:  :wall:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2007, 06:05:57 PM »
You know its the truth Rudy!!   :happy: neener neener

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2007, 07:20:51 PM »
NOT!  They need more Taylors!  :yess:   
neener neener  :meow:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2007, 09:27:39 PM »
Without no " Hicks" in the future I am actually looking forward to the final 12 :neener: