Author Topic: EP4: "No Babies on the Race!"  (Read 119726 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP4: "No Babies on the Race!"
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2007, 05:32:09 PM »
I don't see R/A working with C/M at an intersection, because then what would the pictures of them working with D/K be from?

Hmm..I can see D/K being the team that has a meltdown due to one member putting the other down. I hope it's not them though!

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2007, 06:22:48 PM »
Well I'm a romber fan too [well no duh], and of course I'm devastated to see them go next week, but my guess is that they all catch up [at the dock] & Romber just falls behind.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2007, 06:34:11 PM »
I don't see R/A working with C/M at an intersection, because then what would the pictures of them working with D/K be from?

Hmm..I can see D/K being the team that has a meltdown due to one member putting the other down. I hope it's not them though!
I think its Bill that puts Joe down :nods: and i don't think theres an intersection ..I just think Shmirna & Romber get stuck or lost and get forced to work together to get out of the situation and Shmirna beats them in a race to the pitstop somehow after Romber make a critical mistake.
Also I think its Bill for the title to Joe.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2007, 06:47:57 PM »
oh what makes you say that Puddin?

Hmm..is there a preview that I missed or are you just speculating?

Aww.. I was looking forward to an intersection...the previews really made it look like there was one, and then the web clues made me think there was one even more!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2007, 07:48:37 PM »
OK, I have some time to start piecing this together and will do it here and there so its in the works right now ..
And you all would be amazed to know most of this info came from 3 tiny fuzzy pictures  :jam:

"No Babies on the Race!"
Clues:

**Another team reaches meltdown point when one member feels put upon by another.

Teams arrive at Playa Petrohué:
1) Rob/Amber
2) Uchenna/Joyce
3) Eric/Danielle
4) Dustin/Kandice
5) Teri/Ian
6) Danny/Oswald
7) Charla/Mirna
8.) Joe/Bill

Detour
Clues: **Confusion at the detour puts one team's race chances in peril when a long standing rival overtakes them. Will they recover in time to stay in contention?
**Confusion at the detour puts one team in peril when a long standing rival overtakes them.

Distance Poles
Chateau d if :They are setting up Distance Poles on Cerro de la Cruz in Punta Arenas

Romber

Uchenna/ Joyce

Chateau d if: I guess Charla has to haul the timber up the hill from Magellan's Statue.
This clip was taken between 2:59 and 3:18 pm (assumes November 26th)
  Charla/Mirna

compass's/maps
thanks to Slowhatch

georgiapeach: Magellan's statue/ Plaza Munoz Gamera

Romber & the BQ's with compass's & map

Chateau d if : This picture was taken here between 1:15 and 1:45 pm (assumes November 25th)

Slowhatch: There's a magellan statue in the town square, and the map looks similar to the Mercator-Hondius map.

Chateau d if : This shot was taken between 12:44 and1:17 pm (assumes November 25th)

Slowhatch: this shot from GE (Panoramio), Cerro de la Cruz.
Chateau d if: This shot on Cerro de la Cruz was taken between 1:37 and 2:01 pm (assumes November 25th)
Dani/Eric with a map
Teri/Ian  with a map
Cha's with a  map

Eric/Dee with the Cha's

Tierra del Fuego Nacional Park- Ushuaia, Argentina     ( not sure what the task is yet? maybe to get a clue to the roadblock?)
Clues: **Teams travel to the End of the World in order to recieve their next clue.
---While Amber and Rob attempt their fourth first place finish.
**Lies and deceit catch up with one team at the End of the World. Is this the end of the race for them?

Slowhatch posts a travel pod blog: with pictures of Eric & Danelle.
Chateau d if also spots Danny & Oswald in the Zodiac boat with Eric & Danielle.

Tierra del Fuego Nacional Park. We did a few small treks and at the southern most point of the park where Route 3 ends, we ran into contestants from the AMAZING RACE!!! (that might be the most exciting thing we saw in Ushuaia) Dave and I tried to run and get in on the action but we were ignored. PS, it is soooo staged. I don't have many pics because I need my battery to last longer

click on the thumbnails:
This picture was taken between 11:40 am and 12:12 pm (assumes November 26th)
Eric/Dee with the Cha's at the docks Bahia Lapataia , found by Slowhatch sharing a ride in a Zodiac.

Romber steal's Shmirna's taxi
 Shmirna calls Amber a liar at the docks Bahia Lapataia , found by Slowhatch

Romber/Shmirna/Uchenna & Joyce
Romber and U/J share their ride in the Zodiac.
  Guidos
  BQ's and the Guido's
BQ's grabbing a number at the Bahia Lapataia docks.

Roadblock/ Going Posta lIsla Redonda
 some teams running with a red clue in hand
  Shmirna
Romber
Ucheena & Joyce
BQ's
Eric/Dee
the Cha's
Guido's

pitstop/Isla Redonda 
Clue: **The race gets tense as lies and treachery take a foothold in a temporary alliance and critical mistakes are made.
**After reluctantly agreeing to work together with another team, treachery ensues and one team makes a critical error.

Phil:   and you won't want to miss the ending that will have everyone talking
another view of the Pitstop on Isal Redonda

misc..

airport shots
The Cha's & U/J

Slowhatch: The new airport at Ushuaia has the same sort of wood/masonry design.

cars and taxi's

( BQ'S)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 03:02:29 PM by puddin »

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2007, 09:24:20 PM »
Actually.. being passed by a long-standing rivalry could infact mean that..

Uchenna and Joyce pass Rob and Amber in the detour, leading to Rombers elimination.. ouch.  :rotf:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2007, 09:29:25 PM »
What I get from the clues:

**Charla and Mirna, and Rob and Amber, have to work together, possibly at an intersection, and are at the back of the pack.
**It comes down to R/A and C/M with the elimination, but Rombre stuffs up at the detour and Schmirna overtakes them  :hearts:
**Romber is eliminateddd :groan:

Wow this is even worse than Lyn and Karlyn beating the Beauty Queens.  The Least deserving team taking out the most deserving team!

Question:  How is it that when teams like Danielle and Dani, and Lyn and Karlyn place bad they bad terrible racers ect ect but when Chlara and Mirna just do terrible they are still seen as good racers.  Mind you after the first three legs the Double Dees actually place better than CM [9, 8, 6], and Lyn and Karlyn have the same average as CM [9, 9, 6].  At least LK, and DD for the first three legs got along with most of the other teams, Chalra and Mirna get along with, noone?  Kind of hypocritical by some of you viewers.

Well many people are judging these teams not strickly on just this season but on the season they previously appeared.

And in season 5 Charla & Mirna had a good racing average, by this point and to leg four they and Brandon & Nicole had the best average.  When they were eliminated they still had one of the better averages of their season.

And some people like their confrontationly campy over the top behavior (Personally I hate it).  And while I also judge Rob & Amber from season 7 (and the seasons of surivior and the wedding, ect, ect).  If it came to a choice between them and Charla & Mirna I would Rather have Rob & Amber stay in the race.  Unforunately that is not what happens.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2007, 09:30:48 PM »

Uchenna and Joyce pass Rob and Amber in the detour, leading to Rombers elimination.. ouch.  :rotf:

Now that would be funny....

But I would also like to see Eric & Danielle in a race with them after Rob's comments that him and Amber could beat them in a race.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2007, 09:32:26 PM »
Puddin

Do you think that shot of Rob & Amber walking is them going to the Pit Stop?  I just can't see them walking even if they thought they were last.

Personally I think it might be after they have already been eliminated.

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2007, 09:47:15 PM »

Now that would be funny....

But I would also like to see Eric & Danielle in a race with them after Rob's comments that him and Amber could beat them in a race.

I'd love to see that. I believe we saw a little preview of that, to a clue box, on Sunday and Rob ran 4th.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2007, 09:55:14 PM »
A few points about Isla Redonda:
  • This page notes that the island is a nature preserve and tourism is limited
    It is a place almost untouched by human hand. There are two trails, each about 20 minutes in duration that you can walk at your own pace. Remember, protecting the environment is the top priority. It is best if our presence is unnoted and we leave nothing but footprints and take only photos.
    Maybe there are penalties if a team leaves the trail. It makes you suspect that the ferry landing (see below) is an "amazing" sign just there for the racers. Strange that they would take the longer route out of Lapataia rather than the short trip out of Puerto Guarani (Bahia Ensenada).
  • This page describes a weather station with a 12-m tower on the island.
  • This page has pictures of polar post offices, including Isla Redonda (it's not the "southernmost" p.o. in the world, but...OK  ;D). The Guidos photo is probably just a different viewpoint (I don't recognize that thing in the background).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2007, 10:53:21 PM »
Just a brief pause to say:

It is a Millenium! Slowhatch's next post will be 1000!

(So now the pressure is on to make it a good one! :lol:)

:conf: :party: :conf:

Congratulations!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2007, 10:54:24 PM »
Oh wow Slowhatch, lol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2007, 11:00:18 PM »
peach likes maps.. heres a supersize one, click click.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »
Oooh--pretty!

But what is Ushua?? :lol:

Off to see if there is still room in Argentina Maps! Maps! Maps!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2007, 11:13:40 PM »
 :lol:

ok strap this on
isla redonda

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2007, 12:33:13 AM »
A few points about Isla Redonda:
  • This page notes that the island is a nature preserve and tourism is limited
    It is a place almost untouched by human hand. There are two trails, each about 20 minutes in duration that you can walk at your own pace. Remember, protecting the environment is the top priority. It is best if our presence is unnoted and we leave nothing but footprints and take only photos.
    Maybe there are penalties if a team leaves the trail. It makes you suspect that the ferry landing (see below) is an "amazing" sign just there for the racers. Strange that they would take the longer route out of Lapataia rather than the short trip out of Puerto Guarani (Bahia Ensenada).
  • This page describes a weather station with a 12-m tower on the island.
  • This page has pictures of polar post offices, including Isla Redonda (it's not the "southernmost" p.o. in the world, but...OK  ;D). The Guidos photo is probably just a different viewpoint (I don't recognize that thing in the background).
I think you have it Slowhatch   :waves:

maybe its been painted?
What do you think Slowhatch??

« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 12:40:11 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2007, 12:38:02 AM »
Don't hurt me :hides ... just looking

Lapataia Bay.
We could not travel any more south

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2007, 12:53:52 AM »
I'm going to sleep soon and Slowhatch has left so......
WTG on your 1000th post Slowhatch  :jumpy:  :martini: :wine:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2007, 01:09:07 AM »
Oh well puddin--we can party for Slowhatch again tomorrow! :happy:

Y'all are too fast for me! I was working on a minor masterpiece about Isla Redonda when Slowhatch posted what I was working on and now I find you and I are following each other around! :lol: :rotf: :lol:

Well here are a few quick other pics-- Some of these may be repeats-- :-\

From Bahía Ensenada, near the southeastern edge of the park, there are boat excursions to Isla Redonda (US$14 pp) from 10 a.m.–5:30 p.m. (For ordinary folks who don't have TAR zodiacs)

Isla Redonda
Isla Redonda means the Round Island. This small island is located in the heart of the Beagle Channel, in front of the Tierra del Fuego National Park. After arriving at Bahia Ensenada, you board a small boat that takes us to the island. Here you find a small base for the Prefectura acional (Coast Guard), and the Worlds End Post Office! The island is surrounded by deep walls that go to 27 meters (88 feet.) There is a dense kelp forest with the typical channel fauna and sometimes sealions will come and join you, curious about what you are doing.

(anybody see those walls?)

And would this site help any of you GE guys? I really think this is where they went on that zodiac but you know me  ;D --I'd like a pretty map of there to here!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2007, 01:16:13 AM »
more...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2007, 02:44:00 AM »
This page describes a weather station with a 12-m tower on the island.
Possibly the structure that Uchenna/Joyce and Joe/Bill came down from, in what could be the possible Roadblock (or the leg's final task) of finding the Pit Stop.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 02:52:52 AM by hakushu8 »
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2007, 03:08:54 AM »
Hammock cause it is cool!

GE site...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline qing_her

• RFF Full Member
  • Amazing Race Addict
« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2007, 03:15:10 AM »
Some clues on "End of the World" in the web clues:

It refers to Patagonia, Argentina
Particularly Isla de Los Estados, there is actually a lighthouse called Faro del fin del mundo ("Lighthouse at the end of the world"), is said to have inspired Jules Verne for his book The Lighthouse at the End of the World.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2007, 03:19:03 AM »
Quote from: Hakushu8
Possibly the structure that Uchenna/Joyce and Joe/Bill came down from, in what could be the possible Roadblock (or the leg's final task) of finding the Pit Stop.
That makes sense. Caps from the dock show Mirna carrying a route info card, but the card the Guidos open at the p.o. is a Roadblock card (it looks red, anyway). Early guess: the greeter is a park ranger (although technically Redonda isn't a part of the park) or the "postmaster."
In other news, judging by the color of the walls and paneling it looks like D/O are celebrating at Punta Arenas airport (photo source). At the cap of them talking to Joyce might be Tepual airport in Puerto Montt. Note the sloping roof here
And Thanks to everybody!  :jam:  :cow :conf: