Author Topic: EP4: "No Babies on the Race!"  (Read 119698 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP4: "No Babies on the Race!"
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2007, 12:39:20 AM »
freebie!! False alarm! they snuck a TAR7 clip in there   :-[

Puddin,

Did you capture that?  I saw it and thought it had to do with when they were one before and didn't watch it.  It's not on now and I went back to my History to try and find it and couldn't.
Stupid webmonkeys had me excited for nothing but still it was fun to watch.

lake or bay Lapataia looks like a good call Slowhatch  :tup: ..what are those metal towers?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2007, 12:42:16 AM »
Thanks for the pictures Slowhatch, Boingo & Chateau  :luvya:

Thanks from me too! My eyes can't take the little bitty ones! :reading:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2007, 08:16:42 AM »
There are some steps leading down from some kind of tower (maybe Lapataia, but not necessarily); you can see Uchenna holding a red card running down what looks like the same steps.
A "Find the Argentine Flag" roadblock, perhaps? It might be like the TAR 5 - 12 task (Philippines), or the TAR 6 - 11 roadblock (Sri Lanka).
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2007, 09:07:27 AM »
Interesting editing by TPTB to try to give the impression that we have seven teams racing to the pit stop.BUT the scenes of Bill and Joe, and Uchenna and Joyce are from a different location.  Also noted that Uchenna seems to be carrying a red DETOUR clue .  So these two scenes seem to be from the DETOUR and NOT the pit stop.

We have four teams seeming to be from the final race to the matt: Oswald and Danny, Eric and Dee, The BQ's, Charla and Mirna.  Rob and Amber seem to be taking a "short cut" somewhere.  Missing are any scenes of Ian and Teri.

Would we have a fast forward in the same ep as an Intersection? Perhaps not since this would leave seven teams racing and an intersection only works with an even number of teams; and if we have a FF taken then we are left with seven teams . And the  blurb from CBS seems to say that we do have an Intersection at work in ep 4.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2007, 09:10:55 AM »
:-\

Weblues:

**Confusion at the detour puts one team's race chances in peril when a long standing rival overtakes them. Will they recover in time to stay in contention?

**Lies and deceit catch up with one team at the End of the World. Is this the end of the race for them?

**After reluctantly agreeing to work together with another team, treachery ensues and one team makes a critical error.

This looks like CBS is saying that three bad things happen to our leading team.  Sure puts the knife into Romber not once but thrice!!!

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2007, 09:12:26 AM »
Didn't they have a FF/Intersection in the same ep last year? The cow lips? The teams that were working together got the fast forward together.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2007, 09:29:02 AM »
Didn't they have a FF/Intersection in the same ep last year? The cow lips? The teams that were working together got the fast forward together.

You're memory is better than mine (guess I'll need that Geritol afterall)   James and Tyler and Rob and Kimberly paired up at the intersection and took the Fast Forward.  BUT the Beauty Queens did all the task and still beat them to the Pit Stop. James/Thyler came in second and Rob/Kimberly in third.  SO the FF doesn't always guarantee a win.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2007, 09:33:37 AM »
Yeah, that was a weird FF -- didn't seem to give an advantage at all. Maybe by combining a FF/Intersection with more teams still in the race, it would serve a better purpose.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2007, 09:58:22 AM »
The new preview is up. It was a compass they were holding in PA, and they were were building mileage posts, just like Chateau wrote.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2007, 10:02:39 AM »
Wow that was fast Slowhatch  :yess: link and WTG on the mileage posts Chateau!!

Nice clear video for once!!

VO: The amazing race is about forging friendships
Mirna: Why did you lie?
Amber: Why did I lie to who?
Rob: I'm rubbing off on her. lol
VO: closely following the clues
Danielle: we're going to Australia
Eric: not Australia..
Danielle: ..I mean Argentina
VO: and keeping cool under pressure
Charla: WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO!?
Mirna: stay awake..
VO: but this Sunday, the race is so close
Bill or Joe: don't cry
Mirna: JUST RUN..
VO: You've got to see how this episode ends
Rob: I'm not even close to my prime..
VO: new Amazing Race All-Stars...

« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 11:09:24 AM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2007, 10:06:14 AM »
I want to toss in what I believe we know about the departure on Episode 5 and see what implications it has for the episode 4 pit stop. First, I expect the departure on ep 5 for the leading teams to be the morning of Nov. 28 so that they can reach Ushuaia airport by 930am for the 1033am flight to Buenos Aires (one of two a day). I am guessing that all teams except the Guidos get this flight. The Guidos get one 12 hours later, but it doesn't make any difference since all will be bunched by Sao Paulo airport for the once a day transatlantic flight to Johannesburg.

Now, that means to me that the Guidos finish episode 4 after 8pm on Dec. 26 and there is a 36 hour extended rest pitstop. All other teams except the eliminated one will be finishing by 8pm. It is over an hour from Tierra del Fuego National Park to Ushuaia airport and I consider it very likely that the teams will stay and recuperate in the National Park. That would also minimize the probability of being sighted in Ushuaia, which only happened to the Guidos running into French tourists at the travel agency and by those responsible for the blog most of us have seen.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2007, 10:13:54 AM »

<< " I'm not even close to my prime "
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 10:23:09 AM by puddin »

Offline hakushu8

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2007, 10:16:08 AM »
Joe looks funny. :rotf:

And it looks like they're waiting for a ferry on that dock, based on the sign behind Rob... Isla Redonda.
From this site:
From Bahía Ensenada, near the southeastern edge of the park, there are boat excursions to Isla Redonda (US$14 pp) from 10 a.m.–5:30 p.m.

Green house behind last picture with Joe and Bill is in front of the southernmost post office on Earth, on the Beagle Channel.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 10:26:01 AM by hakushu8 »
just dance
~*~

Offline serendipity

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2007, 11:27:58 AM »
From the picture of Dustin at the dock, it seems that she is picking a number. Since she takes the last number on the first row, she is probably in 4th place at that time.
And the Guidos may be in 3rd place since they and the BQs are running to the dock at the same time?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 11:31:30 AM by serendipity »

Offline hakushu8

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2007, 12:08:26 PM »
With this preview (thanks puddin!), I'm guessing that there might be no Intersection. Two Detour tasks are shown: one is making a mileage post that points to places around the world and the teams should be right in whether the places are to the east or west of where they were. The other detour is with a compass, could be like the TAR 7 London episode detour (Sherlock scavenger hunt). And just a guess on the name of the Detour (but maybe Intersection) choices: East-West or North-South.  :lol:
just dance
~*~

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2007, 12:47:05 PM »
With this preview (thanks puddin!), I'm guessing that there might be no Intersection. Two Detour tasks are shown: one is making a mileage post that points to places around the world and the teams should be right in whether the places are to the east or west of where they were. The other detour is with a compass, could be like the TAR 7 London episode detour (Sherlock scavenger hunt). And just a guess on the name of the Detour (but maybe Intersection) choices: East-West or North-South.  :lol:
hakushu, read page one of this thread..it looks like the mileage posts and compass's are connected in some way and I'm not so sure there is an intersection just yet either.

Weblues:

**Confusion at the detour puts one team's race chances in peril when a long standing rival overtakes them. Will they recover in time to stay in contention?

**Lies and deceit catch up with one team at the End of the World. Is this the end of the race for them?

**After reluctantly agreeing to work together with another team, treachery ensues and one team makes a critical error.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2007, 02:08:09 PM »
Here are some pictures from within Tierra del Fuego National Park, specifically of Bahia Lapataia and Isla Redonda:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2007, 02:08:21 PM »

Could it be that the compass is used to correctly point the signs in the correct direction.  I.E. New York ENE,etc.  And we have seen two teams together with the compass: Romber and the BQ's I think, so that could be the intersection.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2007, 02:38:16 PM »
what i forgot is that an intersection IS completing a detour or fastforward with another team...I kept thinking it was a task all on its own. I think after the webclues we can pretty much confirm the intersection.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2007, 03:23:50 PM »
press release:

TEAMS TRAVEL TO THE END OF WORLD IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THEIR NEXT CLUE, WHILE ROB AND AMBER ATTEMPT THEIR FOURTH FIRST PLACE FINISH, ON "THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS" SUNDAY, MARCH 11, 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT
        "No Babies On The Race!" - - Confusion at the Detour puts one Team in peril when a long standing rival overtakes them, on THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS, Sunday, March 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Offline charlierose

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2007, 04:05:38 PM »
The look on their faces tell all. THey know they are eliminated this leg of the race. :groan: :groan:

It is a shame to see them go. The have had their things, but they are good racers. It is sad to see them go. Would have loved to see the in the final 3.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2007, 04:15:53 PM »
aww, i was hoping it would be a really close race to the finish :(

Can anybody use that photo of Rob and Amber and the photos of the BQs and Charla and Mirna going to the pit stop to determine the time? 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2007, 05:00:05 PM »

more clues
**The race gets tense as lies and treachery take a foothold in a temporary alliance and critical mistakes are made.

**Another team reaches meltdown point when one member feels put upon by another,

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2007, 05:22:49 PM »
What I get from the clues:

**Charla and Mirna, and Rob and Amber, have to work together, possibly at an intersection, and are at the back of the pack.
**It comes down to R/A and C/M with the elimination, but Rombre stuffs up at the detour and Schmirna overtakes them  :hearts:
**Romber is eliminateddd :groan:

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2007, 05:30:49 PM »
What I get from the clues:

**Charla and Mirna, and Rob and Amber, have to work together, possibly at an intersection, and are at the back of the pack.
**It comes down to R/A and C/M with the elimination, but Rombre stuffs up at the detour and Schmirna overtakes them  :hearts:
**Romber is eliminateddd :groan:

Wow this is even worse than Lyn and Karlyn beating the Beauty Queens.  The Least deserving team taking out the most deserving team!

Question:  How is it that when teams like Danielle and Dani, and Lyn and Karlyn place bad they bad terrible racers ect ect but when Chlara and Mirna just do terrible they are still seen as good racers.  Mind you after the first three legs the Double Dees actually place better than CM [9, 8, 6], and Lyn and Karlyn have the same average as CM [9, 9, 6].  At least LK, and DD for the first three legs got along with most of the other teams, Chalra and Mirna get along with, noone?  Kind of hypocritical by some of you viewers.