Author Topic: EP2: "Beauty Is Sometimes Skin Deep."  (Read 85172 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP2: "Beauty Is Sometimes Skin Deep."
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2007, 08:11:20 PM »
I apologize if I was unclear; it was just a long-winded way of asking Puddin to consider the possibility that the bank/museum thing might be in Santiago (since the teams enter at night).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2007, 08:25:18 PM »
I will not give up the ship  :kogs
How about sailing the ship to Santiago? If the ranch departures are staggered so that driving is during daylight hours, and if the drive to Quito takes 3 or more hours, then racers probably won't reach Santiago until late evening.
Slowhatch I'm back in Guayaquil now but have no idea if this even makes any sense  :rotf:? It's really pretty to look at and has lots of those "decorated sidewalk designs" that Boingo mentioned. Also it has its own airport but I know you all know that already :lol: .. I'm just rambling... maybe you all can tell me if Guayaquil is even a possability or am I wasting my time?

and while I'm here ..David because I didn't know who it was

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Uncle Bill

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2007, 09:13:24 PM »
I will not give up the ship  :kogs
How about sailing the ship to Santiago? If the ranch departures are staggered so that driving is during daylight hours, and if the drive to Quito takes 3 or more hours, then racers probably won't reach Santiago until late evening.
Slowhatch I'm back in Guayaquil now but have no idea if this even makes any sense  :rotf:? It's really pretty to look at and has lots of those "decorated sidewalk designs" that Boingo mentioned. Also it has its own airport but I know you all know that already :lol: .. I'm just rambling... maybe you all can tell me if Guayaquil is even a possability or am I wasting my time?

and while I'm here ..David because I didn't know who it was

This looks like david is  changing a tire on one of  the mining dump truck  or they have to tighten the nuts on the wheels just a thought.
I WILL TRY

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2007, 09:53:05 PM »
PUDDIN, the most probable is clearly Quito area museums. However, after that there is really nowhere else you can go but to Guayaquil. There are two reasons for that:

1. Guayaquil is the commercial center of Ecuador and its leading seaport. It has a much larger population. It should have a reasonable number of museums even though Quito as captial city may ahve more.

2. The Guayaquil airport has about the same flight density in all directions as Quito airport does.

I think you should continue your Guayaquil area museum search.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2007, 02:46:22 AM »
<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/5see0obXS04JP92ah" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/5see0obXS04JP92ah</a>

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2007, 03:15:23 AM »
Thanks for posting that..

Damn.. im sad that Charla and Mirna are in the back of the pack.. i wonder around which point of the race they start to pick it up and take the lead? The ending of episode two sounds exciting.. i love close eliminations.. but it will be sad to see Kevin and Drew leave :(

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2007, 03:59:04 AM »
And about the mystery building, I have just sent off a few emails to some museums in Chile with the photo attachments, and i will let you know if I get replies :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2007, 06:08:54 AM »
No time to look...but Guayaquil has:

A Naval Museum

A"Banco" Museum

and a yacht/Naval Club with "temporary exhibition" rooms.

Good job red_sox! I'll keep my fingers crossed!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2007, 09:54:29 AM »
Thanks Banzai  :tup:. So I guess the Detour is change a tire or move a pile of dirt.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2007, 11:02:52 AM »
Thanks Banzai :yaya:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2007, 11:22:28 AM »
The CBS website says one racer nearly runs over another while attempting to free a vehicle thats stuck in the mud :grins:

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2007, 11:27:24 AM »
Thankz Banzai,

I'm somewhat confused.  I would think the confrontation on the road between Charla/Mirna & BQs was on the way to the Detour.

If that is right, then how would BQs not be in the final 4 racing to pit stop if they and Charla/Mirna started from the same spot in road at about the same time?

BQ's aren't shown at Detour.  The way Phil worded it, Charla/Mirna were 1 of 4 teams trying to not get eliminated.

Since the final 4 are racing across the desert it doesn't seem to me that the confrontation would be on the way to the pit stop as I can't see anyone using up that much time in that part of the race.

Also, it appears to be Amber working the Back Hoe.  I'm hoping since she is shown on the clip at the same time as the group that that means they are in the 4 teams racing to the pit stop.  :pray: (I guess you can tell I'm not a Rob/Amber fan)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2007, 11:49:42 AM »
I'm sure that the confrontation takes place after the copper mine.  The reason is that we have pin pointed the the road that it happens on.  They are going to San Pedro de Atacama at that point and it's around noon.  The copper mine shots look like early to mid morning.

Thanks Banzai !  This shot is basically equal to looking at a clock!  I can't do it now but later on I will have an exact time for it.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2007, 01:00:12 PM »
My take fwiw:

4 teams racing through the desert
Cha's
Charla & Mirna
BQ's
David and Mary
and
Kevin & Drew are the ones that misread the clue so are not apart of the 4 teams racing through the desert

**A roadside confrontation causes one team to give another team an ultimatum. Is this the end of their alliance?
C/M & the BQ's per promo's

**Racing to avoid elimination four teams conduct a mad dash in 4x4's across the desert where frustration and anger boil over and alliances are shattered.
We know that the frustrated alliance is C/M & the BQ's

**Racing to avoid elimination, four teams conduct a mad dash in 4x4's across the desert. Who will make it?
This goes hand in hand with the above clue

**On the way to the pitstop, one team misreads a clue and falls further behind. Is this the end for them?
Kevin & Drew

David & Mary running with the Cha's to the detour:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2007, 01:57:43 PM »
I found where this clip was filmed   :happy:   

I looked all over teh copper mine.

I'll get the time later on but suffice it to say that it is early in the morning.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2007, 02:00:53 PM »
I suspect that they have to take the company bus in and out of the mining operations area.

That is to explain why they are bunched both before and after the detour.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2007, 02:21:19 PM »
There's one shot that nobody seems to have commented on.  At the very beginning of allmost all the promos Uchenna and Joyce are shown jumping with joy, Uchenna pumps his fist, and Joyce opens her mouth in a gasp of delight.  Is this a shot of Uchenna and Joyce winning the leg and winning a delux trip to the unknown?

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2007, 02:26:20 PM »
presents  ...looks like a Detour afterall !!

Rob has a DETOUR clue in his hand.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2007, 02:42:11 PM »
There's one shot that nobody seems to have commented on.  At the very beginning of allmost all the promos Uchenna and Joyce are shown jumping with joy, Uchenna pumps his fist, and Joyce opens her mouth in a gasp of delight.  Is this a shot of Uchenna and Joyce winning the leg and winning a delux trip to the unknown?
It's from EP1 Gman.
Rob has a DETOUR clue in his hand.
Before I posted those pictures I wasn't sure if the tire change was a Roadblock or Detour Gman :).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2007, 02:44:08 PM »
I found where this clip was filmed   :happy:   

I looked all over teh copper mine.

I'll get the time later on but suffice it to say that it is early in the morning.
:popcorn:  :yess:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2007, 02:57:57 PM »
wow - my bad, that was a retarded post LOL

what I MEANT to say was

I hope Dustin and Kandice start getting good again if they are in fact one of the four teams racing to avoid elimination...we know they make it to the f3, so I hope they get good again :D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 03:04:42 PM by MikeD19 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2007, 03:05:56 PM »
Why? we know they are safe Mike.

fwiw:
TV Guide

The 10 remaining teams begin the second leg of the race in Ecuador and then travel to Chile where they must change a tire on a huge truck used at a copper mine. Later, they race across a desert in 4x4s to the pit stop where one team is eliminated. Phil Keoghan is the host.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2007, 03:10:33 PM »
haha, yeah I know they're are safe...but I've been playing up the fact that they are great racers for a while now even before I knew they made it to f3 and I don't want them to do bad LOL

hmm..is there a roadblock AND detour in leg 2? I hope so

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2007, 03:36:01 PM »
w8 so how do we no tht the final 3 spoiler is true??? u never no how accurate these spoilers r, && i think tht mirna/charla && the BQs r 2 teams of the 4 reacing not 2 b eliminated

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2007, 03:44:14 PM »
w8 so how do we no tht the final 3 spoiler is true??? u never no how accurate these spoilers r, && i think tht mirna/charla && the BQs r 2 teams of the 4 reacing not 2 b eliminated
Look here Choc and remember a spoiler is not a spoiler untill the shows have aired ;).