Author Topic: EP1 Title: "I Told You Less Martinis And More Cardio."  (Read 161304 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: EP1 Title: "I Told You Less Martinis And More Cardio."
« Reply #425 on: February 16, 2007, 12:46:38 PM »
This shot was taken between 1:44 and 2:24 pm (assumes November 21st)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #426 on: February 16, 2007, 01:07:46 PM »
from the tvguide article ..so maybe Romber does not win the first leg afterall  :angel:

12:50
Gasping for air thanks to the 13,000 – foot altitude, the teams begin to arrive at the ranch. Dave runs ahead of Mary, urging her way along. “ Can’t you see I’m trying? I’m not as physically fit as you!”
Nearby, Dustin and Kandice---last season’s beauty queens---are celebrating Kandice’ 25th birthday. Dustin hands over a chocolate bar she’d hidden in her backpack.  It’s  an appropriate gift: She knows they’ll need the sugar for what lies ahead. “ Right from the Miami airport, I knew this was going to be tougher,” Dustin says.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #427 on: February 16, 2007, 01:32:20 PM »
This shot was taken between 12:30 and 12:55 pm (assumes November 21st)

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 16, 2007, 01:34:38 PM »
that sounds as though Dustin and Kandice check into the pit stop before David and Mary and are giving their interview while David and Mary are checking in.

I can't wait until Sunday!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #429 on: February 16, 2007, 01:39:16 PM »
This shot was taken between 12:15 and 12:40 pm (assumes November 21st)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #430 on: February 16, 2007, 01:53:40 PM »
I used  a Whirley photo to get those time estimates.   There is a path and a road that show up on GE.  In her photo I have given the times of day that the sun shines along each line.  The promo shot locations are also shown in her photo.

The sun is up to a altitude of about 70 deg at these times of the day.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #431 on: February 16, 2007, 01:54:20 PM »
OK BQ's come in first and celebrate with Kandice's B-Day candy bar ....cool! Thanks Chateau  :waves:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 16, 2007, 01:59:43 PM »
ahh! if they come in first on Sunday i will be so happy! I know a lot of people hate them but I can't help but like them! :D

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #433 on: February 16, 2007, 02:04:21 PM »
ahh! if they come in first on Sunday i will be so happy! I know a lot of people hate them but I can't help but like them! :D

same here ;D

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #434 on: February 16, 2007, 03:00:09 PM »
And what kind of exotic trip will the BQ's win by coming first first?

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #435 on: February 16, 2007, 03:04:21 PM »
that sounds as though Dustin and Kandice check into the pit stop before David and Mary and are giving their interview while David and Mary are checking in.

"Gasping for air thanks to the 13,000 – foot altitude, the teams begin to arrive at the ranch."

That says they are arriving at the ranch Mike. IOW it appears that they have not yet done their detours at the ranch.  ???

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #436 on: February 16, 2007, 03:40:36 PM »
And what kind of exotic trip will the BQ's win by coming first first?

10,000 dollars each if it still holds from seasons past

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #437 on: February 16, 2007, 04:58:02 PM »
From this site Cotopaxi Nacional Parque

The main entrance is located some 5 km north of Lasso east with a sign marking the park. At the entrance you will pay a US $10.00 fee (locals will pay around US $1) before passing onwards past a museum and onto Lake Limpio Pungo at an altitude of 3840m.

It indicates that the sign we see in the JVJ clip may be located 5 km north of Lasso.  It looks like they drove about 15 km too far past Machachi (the recommended turning point).  Because the maps have a seam, I can't tell if it is possible to go from the park entrance road, through the park, and connect to the route from Machachi.  They may find out in a bitter way that you cannot !   :'(

Before I forget, these maps are coming from the link provided by apskip.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #438 on: February 16, 2007, 05:58:47 PM »
Great job with the maps!

I've put them in the Ecuador/Quito map section too in case we need a quick reference...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #439 on: February 17, 2007, 04:39:33 AM »
I will be fo'shizz devvo if the BQ's come in at first.. C/M have to win the first leg... or i will cry.. they need the money so Charla can get IVF don :(

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #440 on: February 17, 2007, 02:43:18 PM »
Sweet Mother of God is it not Suday yet....... B:)

This weekend is going to take forever.

Thank god for MOnday off, so I can wallow in new AR. :yess:

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
  • Now all we need is The Amazing Race Canada!
« Reply #441 on: February 17, 2007, 05:09:53 PM »

Wouldnt that put David & Mary around front maybe middle of the pack ? because D & K are fast and in Puddins Leg one elimination poll alot ofpeaple are thinking D & K are placing first.... so what one is wrong? I just am confused because Dave & Mary that far ahead on leg 1 without a fast forward?
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #442 on: February 17, 2007, 05:24:26 PM »
If anyone wants to volunteer to do a summary of what we think we know I will insert/edit in the pictures :waves:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #443 on: February 17, 2007, 06:09:38 PM »

Wouldnt that put David & Mary around front maybe middle of the pack ? because D & K are fast and in Puddins Leg one elimination poll alot ofpeaple are thinking D & K are placing first.... so what one is wrong? I just am confused because Dave & Mary that far ahead on leg 1 without a fast forward?
Well most of the luck at this stage is getting to the right airline.

In season for example David & Mary got directions that avoided the traffic problems and made the first flight and was 5th out of 12 teams.  But when the actual physical taks started (she did good eating the eyes), the team dropped from 5th to 10th and was supposedily only 10 minutes or so ahead of Vipol and Arti when they checked in at the Pit Stop.

So I could see a physical tasks really slowing this team down from the position of possibly being on the first flight.

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #444 on: February 17, 2007, 06:29:41 PM »
You guys are so lucky! I cant watch it until Wednesday.. it wont be uploaded to youtube until monday most likely, and your monday is my tuesday.. and im workin tuesday night..  :groan: :groan:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #445 on: February 17, 2007, 06:33:24 PM »
I'll start the what we know and don't know:

High speed cigarette boats transport 11 teams to the Charles Deering Estate in Miami, Florida.  They are released at about noon to begin their race around the world beginning with a clue to find this statue of the Virgin Mary located high atop a hill in the second highest capitol of the world.  Ref link 
They drive themselves to Miami International Airport.  Once at the airport, the teams jockey for positions on one of three flights.  Meanwhile, Rob & Amber busy themselves by hiding critical reference material from the other teams.

Three flights will carry the 11 teams to Quito Euador.  The first flight, on American Airlines, carrying John Vito & Jill, Rob & Amber, Charla & Mirna, Oswald & Danny, and Dustin & Kandice arrives at 7:50 pm.  The second flight, also on American Airlines, carrying the Guidos, Teri & Ian, and Eric & Danielle, arrives at 9:05 pm.  The last flight on Copa, carrying David & Mary, Kevin & Drew, and Uchenna & Joyce, arrives 40 minutes later at 9:45.

After they reach the Virgin Mary they find their first clue.    The clue directs them to go to a nearby restaurant Pim's Panecillo.  At the restaurant they find a Roadblock.  In this Roadblock one team member must eat a local dish of grilled guinea pig with potatoes.  When finished the teams may select one of three taxi departure times for the next morning:  7:30, 8:00, and 8:30 am. The last team to finish the pig is directed to find Phil.  Teri & Ian are mercilessly instructed to wash all the dishes.

After sunrise the teams receive their clues which direct them to select their transport from a row of taxis next to Pim’s.  They must find a monument known as Mitad del Munde located 12 miles away.  The ten teams make it to the monument in three packs.  From there they get their next clue directing them select an SUV and drive themselves 50 miles to the Hacienda Yanahurco located on the eastern bank of Cotopaxi, the highest active volcano in the world.  (Wikipedia says it is second highest but often mistakenly refered to as the highest.)  So that’s good enough for TAR.

JVJ who were unable to find one of the hidden maps get bad directions and head to the main park entrance to Cotopaxi National Park.

Once at the hacienda teams encounter a Detour.  In this Detour teams must chose between Medal or Metal.  In Medal they must wear military uniforms from the revolutionary war and find three medals hidden in the hills above the ranch.  In Metal they must use a rope to catch one of these tamed wild horses and change the horse’s iron shoes.  The BQ’s and Charla & Mirna arrive at the same time and both teams select Metal.  Dustin & Kandice manage catch to change and change the shoes of a horse while the cousins decide to switch detours and go for Metal.  BQ’s check in first and win $10K each.  After completing the Detour JVJ arrive last to the mat and are eliminated.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 08:20:05 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #446 on: February 17, 2007, 07:16:10 PM »
Meanwhile, Rob & Amber busy themselves by hiding critical reference material from the other teams.

John Vito to Borders employee " we can't find an Atlas"  ???
employee " I don't know what could have happened to them? this morning we had dozens?"  :reading:  :duno:
Jill " WHAT!? why those dirty ...%$%  (:;) "

Romber ":plane: :snics:  :sera: :ass: :stirtp:  :hoot: :hfive: "

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
  • Now all we need is The Amazing Race Canada!
« Reply #447 on: February 17, 2007, 07:48:38 PM »
I'll start the what we know and don't know:

High speed cigarette boats transport 11 teams to the Charles Deering Estate in Miami, Florida.  They are released at about noon to begin their race around the world beginning with a clue to find this statue of the Virgin Mary located high atop a hill in the second highest capitol of the world.  Ref link 
They drive themselves to Miami International Airport.  Once at the airport, the teams jockey for positions on one of three flights.  Meanwhile, Rob & Amber busy themselves by hiding critical reference material from the other teams.

Three flights will carry the 11 teams to Quito Euador.  The first flight, on American Airlines, carrying John Vito & Jill, Rob & Amber, Charla & Mirna, Oswald & Danny, and Dustin & Kandice arrives at 7:50 pm.  The second flight, also on American Airlines, carrying the Guidos, Teri & Ian, and Eric & Danielle, arrives at 9:05 pm.  The last flight on Copa, carrying David & Mary, Kevin & Drew, and Uchenna & Joyce, arrives 40 minutes later at 9:45.

After they reach the Virgin Mary they find their first clue.    The clue directs them to go to a nearby restaurant Pim's Panecillo.  At the restaurant they find a Roadblock.  In this Roadblock one team member must eat a local dish of grilled guinea pig with potatoes.  When finished the teams may select one of three taxi departure times for the next morning:  7:30, 8:00, and 8:30 am. The last team to finish the pig is directed to find Phil.  Teri & Ian are mercilessly eliminated sur le champs (on the spot).

After sunrise the remaining 10 teams receive their clues which direct them to select their transport from a row of taxis next to Pim’s.  They must find a monument known as Mitad del Munde located 12 miles away.  The ten teams make it to the monument in three packs.  From there they get their next clue directing them select an SUV and drive themselves 50 miles to the Hacienda Yanahurco located on the eastern bank of Cotopaxi, the highest active volcano in the world.  (Wikipedia says it is second highest but often mistakenly refered to as the highest.)  So that’s good enough for TAR.

So Teri and Ian are eliminated first so does that mean the elimination order is wrong or what?
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #448 on: February 17, 2007, 07:55:10 PM »
 :groan:

Chateau de If

Damn, I was reading completely seriously until you bummed Teri & Ian..... :yess:.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #449 on: February 17, 2007, 07:57:33 PM »
reality.tv., Teri & Ian are among the first pack of teams to arrive at Pim's Panecillo. I'm guessing Chateau is messing with us   :sera:

10:30pm
Nearly all the teams have arrived at a restaurant high atop a hill in Quito for an overnight break. Most of them are sitting around a table eating, talking, laughing. It seems like a class reunion as the conversation shifts from birthdays to religion. Dave and Mary Conley—last season’s  team Kentucky ---arrive, everyone at the table gives them a big ovation. .Exec producer Elise Doganieri steps over to ask what they’ll do when the final teams show up.“ We’ll give them comfort and hugs,” Amber says wryly. A grinning Ian Pollack, from Season 3---he and his wife, Teri, were the oldest team eer to finish in the Top 2 ---leans in. adding, “But tomorrow, it’s the dogs of war.”
tvguide