Author Topic: EP1 Title: "I Told You Less Martinis And More Cardio."  (Read 161328 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP1 Title: "I Told You Less Martinis And More Cardio."
« Reply #300 on: February 12, 2007, 10:18:36 PM »
Good catch on the car plate Slowhatch! I'm still not convinced the challenges above with C/M and Rob are in PA. Have we ever seen future challenges in video promos ???

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #301 on: February 12, 2007, 10:41:20 PM »
I just looked at the AR1 team pictures. The individual about to jump is definitely DREW, not ZACH.

Actually Slowwatch is correct.  It is Zach.

On a freeze frame you can even match the same clouds.

When Derek and Drew jumped hours later, there was far less cloud cover.

What I don't understand is why the editors used that footage.

Sure Teri & Ian didn't jump in that first episode in Season three, but they could have used footage of John Vito & Jill (who were in blue).  Its not like they didn't have enough footage.  They jumped first and had a ton of footage of them both jumping, during the jump and arriving on the ground.

If I could post pictures I would show the difference.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #302 on: February 12, 2007, 10:59:03 PM »
I am worried about Kevin & Drew's rubbed off tire.

It looks like early morning driving from Quito south to the Hacienda.  So that means they will be late if not last to the hacienda.

They very well could be the first team eliminated.   :'(
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: February 12, 2007, 11:03:49 PM »
I am worried about Kevin & Drew's rubbed off tire.

It looks like early morning driving from Quito south to the Hacienda.  So that means they will be late if not last to the hacienda.

They very well could be the first team eliminated.   :'(

Well that would please many people who bitched about the "list".

But usually( though of course there are exceptions) the previews don't give away teh team that gets eliminated.

For example last year for episode 2 Tyler & James car trouble was featured in  the preview and yet it wasn't a big factor in the episode.  But If they aren't last, I could see them being close to last.

Of course less then 6 days we will know.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #304 on: February 12, 2007, 11:18:57 PM »
Yes!

The good thing is that they look really far away from the city.  So that means--hope hope hope--that they are close to the hacienda.

And why would they not put on the spare tire that is on the back?  Maybe because they knew the ranch was within shoving distance!   ???
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #305 on: February 12, 2007, 11:33:30 PM »
Yeah, I would like to see Kevin & Drew around for more then one episode.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #306 on: February 12, 2007, 11:42:05 PM »
Unfortunately all those future pictures that we got from CBS up to PA and the ones that Slowhatch found of the Cha's & Eric/Dee in Tierra del Fuego Park /Ushuaia are all of teams we are sure get past the first 3 or 4 episodes  :knuckles:
At least we can conclude that Mary & David make it to leg 2 with the picture of them with Charla & Mirna on (11/22)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #307 on: February 12, 2007, 11:54:02 PM »
Yippee!! CBS likes me :happy:

THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS - John Vito and Jill, formerly dating teammates from New York City, pause to read a clue during THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS.

THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS - John Vito and Jill, formerly dating teammates from New York City, take a break before departing on the first leg of the Race.

"Episode 1101" -- Host Phil Keoghan waits as teams race to the Pitstop on THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #308 on: February 13, 2007, 12:54:21 AM »
Okay, Phil work it.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #309 on: February 13, 2007, 01:04:20 AM »
It looks like JVJ are the ones working it: "Hey buddy, you from Ecuador? Tell us everything you know!"  :lol:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #310 on: February 13, 2007, 01:13:53 AM »
Uchenna?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2007, 01:19:33 AM »
I've been lurking for quite a while.  This is my first post.

Puddin, I'm wondering about the 3 pics you just posted.  I copy and pasted the statement under the 2nd pic that I'm referring to:

"THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS - John Vito and Jill, formerly dating teammates from New York City, take a break before departing on the first leg of the Race."

Is this CBS wording or your wording?

The clothes between the top and middle picture are not the same and according to the wording under the 2nd pic both pics were taken at the start of the 1st leg.  Also, Jill's hair doesn't look as clean in the middle pic as it does in the 1st pic.

I'm just wondering if the statements under the pics are from CBS and if they are, then I am wondering about the different clothes.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2007, 01:28:41 AM »
Welcome makz3d :yaya:
That is direct from CBS, not my wording
..somewhere in this mess   :lol: I believe that Borders bookstore in the Miami airport is where we see JVJ as well as Uchenna?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #313 on: February 13, 2007, 06:38:23 AM »
Yes!

The good thing is that they look really far away from the city.  So that means--hope hope hope--that they are close to the hacienda.

And why would they not put on the spare tire that is on the back?  Maybe because they knew the ranch was within shoving distance!   ???

Because if the rim is bent, there is nothing you can do with a new tire. Either they would need a new vehicle and there would be a time delay before the replacement vehicle arrives or if they are that close to the ranch they could walk.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #314 on: February 13, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »
Yes!

Because if the rim is bent, there is nothing you can do with a new tire. Either they would need a new vehicle and there would be a time delay before the replacement vehicle arrives or if they are that close to the ranch they could walk.

Well if the clue tells them to drive to the location, then they have to drive to the location.

I am not sure how lose you have to be before you can oark and walk.

But last year in episode two, David & Mary were fairly close to where they could drop of their car and take horses to the Roadblock, but they had to wait (I assume they had to wait) for a replacement vehicle.

I wish we had some clarification on that type of rule.

Offline simonae

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #315 on: February 13, 2007, 08:54:29 AM »
Hi Everyone
I wonder if I'm the only ole boot in here?   :jam: A big halloooo from Lafond Alberta, Canada.  It's a fine moring here.  37 below 0.  I guess I won't drive with my windows down today..
Fun feeding our horses..Wonder if my knick knax are still intact..????   (:;)
Have a super day. And have fun..Create a great day..It's your choice.

huggggggggggggggg
Simonae (grams)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #316 on: February 13, 2007, 09:14:20 AM »
I just looked at the AR1 team pictures. The individual about to jump is definitely DREW, not ZACH.

Actually Slowwatch is correct.  It is Zach.

On a freeze frame you can even match the same clouds.

When Derek and Drew jumped hours later, there was far less cloud cover.

What I don't understand is why the editors used that footage.

Sure Teri & Ian didn't jump in that first episode in Season three, but they could have used footage of John Vito & Jill (who were in blue).  Its not like they didn't have enough footage.  They jumped first and had a ton of footage of them both jumping, during the jump and arriving on the ground.

If I could post pictures I would show the difference.

MSWOOD, my note stated that it was DREW from AR1, not DREW from AR3. It is DREW from AR1 in the headshot. For proof, I went back and reran my AR1 tapes on fastforward until I reached Episode 7, where the first DETOUR out of the pit stop at Sant'Agata Bolognese was a choice of GLIDE or BIKE. Kevin and Drew chose Glide and had to wait for Rob and Brennan to complete first. Kevin went into the tow plane and DREW was all alone in the glider, with shots matching the screenshots. This took place at the Aeroclub Volovolistico Ferrarese.

However, you are right that SLOWHATCH was correct in identifying the top screenshot in post #268 as from Italy, AR1, episode 7. My apologies to SLOWHATCH for an earlier version here in which I misunderstood that posting. Also, my apologies to you for misinterpreting what you were saying about the jumper, who I cannot identify. Let's hope it occurs in AR11 and not someone unidentified from AR3. You have been generous in your remarks about my misinterpretation in a later post and I appreciate that.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 08:54:19 PM by apskip »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #317 on: February 13, 2007, 09:32:18 AM »
This was what I was talking about.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #318 on: February 13, 2007, 11:11:34 AM »
GRAPHIC NOVELS?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #319 on: February 13, 2007, 04:05:17 PM »
Who feels like typing  :jumpy: ?
eta: I HATE my new scanner!!  :lol3:

thats all ..I'll try to rescan later  :lol:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 04:35:29 PM by puddin »

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #320 on: February 13, 2007, 04:52:25 PM »
WOOHOOOO  :jumpy: :yess: :hearts: :happy:
I have been hoping, hoping, praying and hoping that Charla and Mirna are the first team to the first pitt-stop, so that they can win the usual $10,000 each! I just want them both to get some money out of this race.. to help Charla with IVF, and to help Mirna build a house with her husband.. i hope they maintain their lead and do get in first- it would make me feel alot better if they dont win  :'(

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #321 on: February 13, 2007, 05:19:34 PM »
I really hate Charla and Mirna [and after what ill say you can include Sarah too!]]  Its seems people with disabilties get out of the planes first and thats so unfair, in Vietnam Flo and Zack would have been eliminated because of getting out of custums last if two other teams hadnt made huge blunders.  Nevermind Mirna is one the nastiest people alive [Battle of the Network Reality Stars is a prime example].

Oh looks at those Pink shirts on the BQs!!  All i can remember is in AR3 when it was one of the twins bithday's they wont the leg so maybe the BQ's will win too!

I dont know if Rob and Amber will be villains again they actually seem real liked by racers [more so than the people from survivor].  But i think Rob and Amber will be the "early villains", while Mirna will be the final villains.  Even on Rombers season they were not villains until the episode Ray and Deana were eliminated, who were the early villains. 

Rob looks lost in his picture lol.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #322 on: February 13, 2007, 05:49:02 PM »
 The Amazing Race Review:
It’s not often that someone can have a once-in-a-life-time experience twice, but that’s the plan with the latest Amazing Race. Twenty-two of the series most memorable competitors—remember the Guidos, Charal Mirna, and , of course ,Rob & Amber? ---are back for another shot at the $1 million prize. And because they’ve done this before, executive producers Bertram van Munster promises “an all-around unpredictable” trip. TV Guide tagged along for an exclusive look at the first leg.

DAY 1
10:23 am
The start of the race is minutes away, and the teams line up on the lush grass of the Miami mansion. Some stretch to get ready. Others discuss strategy. Standing silently next to each other are Season 7 first and second place finishers Joyce & Uchenna Agu and Rob and Amber Mariano. Joyce is eager to prove their victory “wasn’t because we lucked out.” Rob wants payback: “ if you had a million dollars in your pocket and someone took it out of your pocket, would you remember it?” he says , referring to hoe he and Amber just missed beating Joyce & Uchenna. They’re off!

8:30pm
The engines have barely colled on the plane that flew the racers to their first destination---Quito, Ecuador---but Season 5’s Charla Baklayan Faddoul and Mirna Hindoyan are the first team to hit the street looking for transport to take them to their next clue. At the same time ,van Munster is in a van that’s hustling him to the first stop before any racers can get there. His mind is already on tomorrow’s challenge, which he gleefully promises will be “very unpleasant.”

10:30pm
Nearly all the teams have arrived at a restaurant high atop a hill in Quito for an overnight break. Most of them are sitting around a table eating, talking, laughing. It seems like a class reunion as the conversation shifts from birthdays to religion. Dave and Mary Conley—last season’s  team Kentucky ---arrive, everyone at the table gives them a big ovation. .Exec producer Elise Doganieri steps over to ask what they’ll do when the final teams show up.
“ We’ll give them comfort and hugs,” Amber says wryly. A grinning Ian Pollack, from Season 3---he and his wife, Teri, were the oldest team eer to finish in the Top 2 ---leans in. adding, “But tomorrow, it’s the dogs of war.”

DAY 2
10:45am
The teams are driving across a barren mountaintop. There’s nothing but big rocks and giant potholes, and the racers are getting tossed around like a sock in a dryer. “I’ve never driven a road like this in my life and hopefully I never will again,” Mirna says.
And there’s still at least an hour to go in a four-hour trip to a ranch where they’ll find their next challenge—find three military medals hiddeen on a giant hill or rope a wild horse and trim its hooves.

12:50
Gasping for air thanks to the 13,000 – foot altitude, the teams begin to arrive at the ranch. Dave runs ahead of Mary, urging her way along. “ Can’t you see I’m trying? I’m not as physically fit as you!”
Nearby, Dustin and Kandice---last season’s beauty queens---are celebrating Kandice’ 25th birthday. Dustin hands over a chocolate bar she’d hidden in her backpack.  It’s  an appropriate gift: She knows they’ll need the sugar for what lies ahead. “ Right from the Miami airport, I knew this was going to be tougher,” Dustin says.
And its is.” We’ve amped it up.” Doganieri says. Explains  van Munster, “ the cast all have these little techniques of their own for how they get from A toB, so we’re taking them to places where they can’t take advantage of that. This is not gonna be easy street.”

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #323 on: February 13, 2007, 06:13:56 PM »
Wow--there are a lot of spoilers in that article! I'm surprised that they let them spill so many...

So what do we know? They reveal the 1st city (Quito) and the ranch --no surprises there for us!

But what's this about teams going directly to a restaurant for ESM?? That's how they make it "really difficult" for them? ???
I had them all camped out at the Equator monument for an early morning task!

Other things gathered from the article and accompanying pictures:

--teams to the restaurant by about 10:30 PM
--very last teams to the restaurant are at least not Romber, Teri/Ian, or D/M
--detour is "find three military medals hidden on a hill" or "shoe a wild horse"
--Rob is climbing the hill in military garb
--BQ's choose "shoeing"
--taxis are involved somewhere--maybe Quito airport to restaurant?
--given the arrival time at the restaurant--seems unlikely that they do a task on arrival?
--teams drive themselves to Yanahurco--road is bad--as also confirmed by Whiirley
--Altitude will play a big role here (ranch is at 12,000+feet per Whirley)

I found one new restaurant in Quito that may fit the overlooking the city description:

Pim's:

The piece that was missing in Quito's downtown historic center: Pim's Panecillo. In addition to its renowned service, Pim's Panecillo has special areas for exclusive handcrafts, live music and cultural events.

El Panecillo, thus named due to its peculiar shape and size resembling a bun, is one of Quito's major tourist attractions. Located within the downtown historic center, at the summit of El Panecillo there is a statue of the Virgin Mary built with over 7,000 pieces of aluminum. The statue is a modern replica of the Virgin of Quito made by Bernardo de Legarda in the 16th Century, it being the only one with wings and portrayed as if She were dancing.

One hundred meters from the statue and at an altitude of 3,100 meters, you will find Pim's Panecillo, which is undoubtedly an ideal place to enjoy a panoramic view of Quito while you sip a cup of coffee, a glass of wine, your favorite cocktail, or order from our extensive menu. On Saturdays and Sundays we also offer buffet service, and we are open from 12 noon to 12 midnight from Monday thru Saturday, and from 12 noon to 6:00 p.m. on Sundays and holidays.

Guess this means we won't see waterfall rappelling in Mindo either--darn it all!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 06:46:02 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #324 on: February 13, 2007, 06:33:47 PM »
I was interested in the military history so pulled some stuff (feel free to skip this if it isn't your cup of tea! ;))

The uniform jacket in the picture has a Napolean-esque look to it--which fits with the story below:

Ecuador
THE STRUGGLE FOR INDEPENDENCE
The struggle for independence in the Quito Audiencia was part of a movement throughout Spanish America led by criollos (persons of pure Spanish descent born in the New World). The criollos resentment of the privileges enjoyed by the peninsulares was the fuel of revolution against colonial rule. The spark was Napoleon's invasion of Spain, after which he deposed King Ferdinand VII and, in July 1808, placed his brother Joseph Bonaparte on the Spanish throne.

Shortly afterward, Spanish citizens, unhappy at the usurpation of the throne by the French, began organizing local juntas loyal to Ferdinand. A group of Quito's leading citizens followed suit, and on August 10, 1809, they seized power from the local representatives of Joseph Bonaparte in the name of Ferdinand. Thus, this early revolt against colonial rule (one of the first in Spanish America) was, paradoxically, an expression of loyalty to the Spanish king.

It quickly became apparent that Quito's criollo rebels lacked the anticipated popular support for their cause. As loyalist troops approached Quito, therefore, they peacefully turned power back to the crown authorities. Despite assurances against reprisals, the returning Spanish authorities (Bonaparte's men) proved to be merciless with the rebels and, in the process of ferreting out participants in the Quito revolt, jailed and abused many innocent citizens. They actions, in turn, bred popular resentment among Quiteños, who, after several days of street fighting in August 1810, won an agreement to be governed by a junta to be dominated by criollos, although with the president of the Audiencia of Quito acting as its figurehead leader.

In spite of widespread opposition within the rest of the Quito Audiencia, the junta called for a congress in December 1811 in which it declared the entire area of the audiencia to be independent. Two months later, the junta approved a constitution for the state of Quito that provided for democratic governing institutions but also granted recognition to the authority of Ferdinand should he return to the Spanish throne. Shortly thereafter, the junta elected to launch a military offensive against the Spanish, but the poorly trained and badly equipped troops were no match for those of the viceroy of Peru, which finally crushed the Quiteño rebellion in December 1812.

The second chapter in Ecuador's struggle for emancipation from Spanish colonial rule began in Guayaquil, where independence was proclaimed in October 1820 by a local patriotic junta under the leadership of the poet José Joaquín Olmedo. By this time, the forces of independence had grown continental in scope and were organized into two principal armies, one under the Venezuelan Simón Bolívar Palacios in the north and the other under the Argentine José de San Martín in the south. Unlike the hapless Quito junta, the Guayaquil patriots were able to appeal to foreign allies, Argentina and Venezuela, each of whom soon responded by sending sizable contingents to Ecuador. Antonio José de Sucre Alcalá, the brilliant young lieutenant of Bolívar who arrived in Guayaquil in May 1821, was to become the key figure in the ensuing military struggle against the royalist forces.

After a number of initial successes, Sucre's army was defeated at Ambato in the central Sierra and he appealed for assistance from San Martín, whose army was by now in Peru. With the arrival from the south of 1,400 fresh soldiers under the command of Andrés de Santa Cruz Calahumana, the fortunes of the patriotic army were again reversed. A string of victories culminated in the decisive Battle of Pichincha, on the slopes of the volcano of that name on the western outskirts of Quito, on May 24, 1822. A few hours after the victory by the patriots, the last president of the Audiencia of Quito signed a formal capitulation of his forces before Marshal Sucre. Ecuador was at last free of Spanish rule.

Two months later Bolívar, the liberator of northern South America, entered Quito to a hero's welcome. Later that July, he met San Martín in Guayaquil and convinced the Argentine general, who wanted the port to return to Peruvian jurisdiction, and the local criollo elite in both major cities of the advantage of having the former Quito Audiencia join with the liberated lands to the north. As a result, Ecuador became the District of the South within the Confederation of Gran Colombia, which also included present-day Venezuela and Colombia and had Bogotá as its capital. This status was maintained for eight tumultuous years.

They were years in which warfare dominated the affairs of Ecuador. First, the country found itself on the front lines of Bolívar's war to liberate Peru from Spanish rule between 1822 and 1825; afterward, in 1828 and 1829, Ecuador was in the middle of an armed struggle between Peru and Gran Colombia over the location of their common border. After a campaign that included the near destruction of Guayaquil, the forces of Gran Colombia, under the leadership of Sucre and Venezuelan General Juan José Flores, proved victorious. The Treaty of 1829 fixed the border on the line that had divided the Quito audiencia and the Viceroyalty of Peru before independence.

The population of Ecuador was divided during these years among three segments: those favoring the status quo, those supporting union with Peru, and those advocating autonomous independence for the former audiencia. The latter group was to prevail following Venezuela's withdrawal from the confederation during an 1830 constitutional congress that had been called in Bogotá in a futile effort to combat growing separatist tendencies throughout Gran Colombia. In May of that year, a group of Quito notables met to dissolve the union with Gran Colombia, and in August, a constituent assembly drew up a constitution for the State of Ecuador, so named for its geographic proximity to the equator, and placed General Flores in charge of political and military affairs. He remained the dominant political figure during Ecuador's first fifteen years of independence.

Also:

AUGUST 10TH, 1809

Already in December, 1808, Count Ruiz de Castilla, President of the Audiencia of Quito, was informed of the existence of a conspiracy which hoped to liberate the Audiencia from Spanish rule. The conspirators struck in Au­gust, 1809. On the evening of August 9th, they met in the house of Manuela Cañizares, next to the cathedral, and after declaring themselves to form a properly constituted assembly, proceeded to organize a government known as the Sovereign Junta. The troops quartered in the city, not without reason, declared their support for the movement. The President of the Audiencia was informed that his period of office was over, as that of all the men that he had appointed. On August 16th, in open council, the inhabitants of Quito ratified what the conspirators had done, amid cheers and celebrations. The August declaration, which has gained for Quito the title "Light of America", was not a casual, purely emotional affair: it had a long history behind it, the teachings of Espejo, the ideas of men such as Juan de Dios Morales, passionate democrat, brought up on the ideas of Rousseau and the Encyclopaedists. And therefore, although attempts were made to belittle both the intentions and the results of the declaration, they were both of rad­ical importance. As early as December ll th, 1811 the First Congress of Free Peoples of the Presidency of Quito declared absolute sovereignty, and promulgated a constitution on February 15th. Quito raised an army of three thousand men to defend the government, but these troops, inexperienced and poorly equipped, were defeated in the north and forced to surrender.

Count Ruiz de Castilla, back in power, promised to preserve the Junta, and not to take reprisals. But when the Royal Bat­talion came up to Quito from Lima - five hundred thugs under the command of Arredondo - as well as troops from Guayaquil and Cuenca, he dissolved the Junta and imprisoned the leaders of the uprising, to the number of sixty. Charges were brought against them, and forty-six of them faced leath penalty. They were to be tried by the Viceroy of Santa Fe. Ominous rumurs began to spread,and Quito feared for the lives of the pris­oners. A brave group, made up mostly of young men, decided to attack the quarters of the Lima Royal Battalion and set the prisoners free.

On August 2nd, 1810, to the sound of the bells of the cathedral that suddenly began to chime, they attacked. But as they were striking off the chains of the prisonners, soldiers from Popayan. burst in through a hole in the wall and a bloody massacre took place Juan de Dios Morales, Juan Salinas, Javier Ascazubi, the presbyter Riofrio, Nicolas Aguilera, Antonio Peña, José Vinueza, Juan Larrea, Manuel Cajias, Mariano Villalobos, Anastasio Oiea, Vicente Melo, Manuel Quiroga and others were murdered in the most cowardly fashion, Quiroga being slain in the arms of his daughters who were visiting him at that moment. Then the soldiers rushed out into the streets and fell upon the people that they found there.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.