Author Topic: EP1 Title: "I Told You Less Martinis And More Cardio."  (Read 161064 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP1 Vidcaps
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2007, 02:49:31 PM »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2007, 03:20:42 PM »
GEORGIA PEACH indicated that Hacienda Zuleta two hours north of Quito, between Ibarra and Cayambe and east of Otavalo, was her nomination as the most likely site for the episode 1 pit stop. After a lot of searching among Ecuador ranch information, I concur. It is the only ranch I could find that has cows (producing milk for Zuleta Jack cheese) which are evident in the photo behind Phil. It has a history dating back to 1691 and is rated as luxury accomodations for guests. And it's in the middle of nowhere. Just the place that the Amazing Race team would pick.

"The descendants of former Ecuadorian President and bullfighter Gallo Plaza have chosen to contribute to Ecuador's future by throwing Hacienda Zuleta into agrarian and environmental causes.  The property has a large organic garden (from which your meals will be harvested) and a cheese factory famous for its Zuleta Jack." It's also home to a condor recovery program, which you will be invited to visit.  The Hacienda offers a variety of activities including hiking and mountain biking behind the property, and there is a fine stable of horses for those who enjoy riding."

"This 4,000 acre working farm, built in 1691, offers guests a truly unique Ecuadorian experience. Saddle-up one of the Hacienda's ninety horses and explore the surrounding high-altitude grasslands and cloudforests, or visit Zuleta's condor re-population project, community embroidery workshop, dairy and cheese factory, or trout farm. Biking and hiking opportunities abound."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 04:20:21 PM »
Just got off the phone with a great guy in special events at the Crandon golf course...

While CSI did do some filming there recently, neither WRP or Amazing Race did--and yes he did seem sincere.

He did seem to recall hearing that the film crew stayed at the Ritz though, but couldn't tell me anything else...
I'm just catching up here.. THANKS for calling peach!!

Heres a slideshow for Hacienda Zuleta

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:25:05 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2007, 04:39:05 PM »
heres a map of the Otavalo Haciendas - Market

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2007, 04:48:21 PM »
Thanks puddin--I couldn't get the slideshow to link for me before...

It is beautiful, isn't it? Someday I'm going to get to go around the world again and stay in all these wonderful TAR places --*sigh*....

Chateau-- what do you think? Is it close enough? The land looks similar and it is the best I could find but you never know!

And BEST comment of the day goes to Chateau for:
And I wonder if he meant to say "This is Ecuador, Jackass!!"
:jumpy:
 I think that TPTB would have wet their pants if he had said that exactly--but that's close enough for me! I guess old racers never change...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:57:08 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2007, 05:58:41 PM »
PUDDIN, great map of Otavalo area haciendas. Of course, Hacienda Zuleta is off the map to the east. I checked out every one of the haciendas on the Otavalo area map before I issued my earlier post and none of them showed any indications of cows on a working farm.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 06:37:19 PM by apskip »

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2007, 06:25:50 PM »

I think that TPTB would have wet their pants if he had said that exactly--but that's close enough for me! I guess old racers never change...

For real.  Doubt it'll make it into TV Guide as the title of one of the episodes, just as long as something they say becomes a title (ditto for Joe and Bill).
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2007, 06:32:28 PM »

For real.  Doubt it'll make it into TV Guide as the title of one of the episodes, just as long as something they say becomes a title (ditto for Joe and Bill).

Oh, I'm voting for Episode 1 title! It is a classic--again!  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2007, 07:08:58 PM »
Isn't this photo from Season 10? Seem to remember this...

puddin--where are season 10 vidcaps archived  ??? please? I can't find them...  ???

The photo looks like the pitstop in Madagascar.

Edit: 
Sorry.  I thought the picture would go with the quote.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2007, 07:22:47 PM »
Isn't this photo from Season 10? Seem to remember this...

puddin--where are season 10 vidcaps archived  ??? please? I can't find them...  ???

The photo looks like the pitstop in Madagascar.

Edit: 
Sorry.  I thought the picture would go with the quote.

the thing peach is talking about IS NOT from tar10 gator, its from the starting line. he is yelling go

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2007, 07:31:30 PM »
the thing peach is talking about IS NOT from tar10 gator, its from the starting line. he is yelling go

I have to say that I think kogs is absolutely right--he is definitely saying go.

That place just seems SO familiar to me--could I know it from a televised "hole 18" golf tournament or something? I've been checking other golf courses in the area and looking at their clubhouses but so far no luck. You Google Earth whizzes will have to find this one! ???

Just so we can see--it is similar to the pitstop but not quite...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2007, 07:39:35 PM »
And why does that house behind Phil look so dark and gloomy? Is it unused? If it was a clubhouse, even if it was very early morning, you would think that there would be some lights on somewhere! Strange...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2007, 07:44:37 PM »
I agree that cigarette boats are the entry vehicles; the cap is a little fuzzy, but with a little luck we might find the rental agency or racing club with a matching design. About the starting line, I don't know. Are we sure it's even a golf club? It might be a "Magnum" style private estate.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2007, 07:51:33 PM »
back from Hacienda Zuleta  :geekon: getting my geek on  :snicker:

Google Earth gives me fuzzy lands but found some other links fwiw:

Geodyspot
flickr geotagged ( surrounding area )
tageo.com w/ Coordinates

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2007, 08:02:04 PM »

I have to say that I think kogs is absolutely right--he is definitely saying go.

That place just seems SO familiar to me--could I know it from a televised "hole 18" golf tournament or something? I've been checking other golf courses in the area and looking at their clubhouses but so far no luck. You Google Earth whizzes will have to find this one! ???

Just so we can see--it is similar to the pitstop but not quite...

have you tried doral in miami perhaps?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2007, 08:20:35 PM »

Oh yes--I did spend the afternoon "golfing" at the Doral! :lol:

It looks possible in terms of the golf course but I couldn't convince myself about the clubhouse--what do you all think?

That house looks old--colonial--historic-- to me ...Not so much like a modern day clubhouse...And I have searched around the area for historic homes and can't find anything...

This couldn't be some weird fake out insert could it? The closest is still the Madagascar place but why would Phil be saying GO there...I'm all confused...

Doral Clubhouse:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2007, 08:22:48 PM »

Oh yes--I did spend the afternoon "golfing" at the Doral! :lol:

It looks possible in terms of the golf course but I couldn't convince myself about the clubhouse--what do you all think?

That house looks old--colonial--historic-- to me ...Not so much like a modern day clubhouse...And I have searched around the area for historic homes and can't find anything...

This couldn't be some weird fake out insert could it? The closest is still the Madagascar place but why would Phil be saying GO there...I'm all confused...

Doral Clubhouse:

peach trust me its not from tar10. doral has alot around there. thats the first thing that came to mind today after seeing the preview

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2007, 08:31:48 PM »
Who can zoom in on this? What is that cup shaped thingy on the top of the house in this view?

Chateau--is that something that would stand out in your  satellite seaches?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2007, 08:44:08 PM »
..some pictures for you peach

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2007, 08:48:38 PM »
 :o

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2007, 08:52:12 PM »
Yowza! 125 haciendas in the Imbabura province alone  :groan: (Zuleta is the last one). This page describes some of the more famous ones. Until more info comes in, Zuleta looks like it's as good as anything else.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2007, 08:53:57 PM »
too bad the video resolution sucks! whats all that junk to the left?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2007, 09:00:23 PM »
Okay guys! I'm laughing at myself harder than anybody :lol: :lol:

But, ummm, puddin--that is not the same shirt....(no black accent stitching)!

Y'all are just feeding my obsession--it is a conspiracy and TPTB are in on it!   :rotf:

Oh my....this is funny! ;D
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2007, 09:08:50 PM »
Who can zoom in on this? What is that cup shaped thingy on the top of the house in this view?

Chateau--is that something that would stand out in your  satellite seaches?

That cup shaped thingy wasn't in the other pics I don't think...

Could it be a yacht going by on a canal or the Intercoastal Waterway right behind the house? And is there another one way on the left behind the house?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2007, 09:14:50 PM »
I think it's just a bunch of stars.  They are overlaying the video with flying stars.  And the shirt's stitching would not make it through the low-rez video.

But dang!  I can't find this place anywhere.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders