Author Topic: Memphis Hopefuls  (Read 2122 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Memphis Hopefuls
« on: January 25, 2007, 12:48:44 AM »
Philip Stacy, A Father On American Idol 6
Philip Stacy is a twenty-eight year old from Jacksonville, Florida.  On the day of his Memphis audition, Philip’s wife woke him up with a phone call at 4 O’clock to tell him that she had just delivered their second baby.  Philip joked that he was going to sing “Let’s Get It On” by Marvin Gaye because it’s the last thing his wife would want to hear. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Memphis Hopefuls
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 12:49:18 AM »
Melinda Doolittle, A Backup Singer On American Idol 6
Melinda Doolittle is a twenty-eight year old from Brentwood, Tennessee.  Before her audition, Melinda had such a level of excitement that she had to sit on her hands to keep them from shaking.  Melinda sings background vocals for different artist’s session work and also travels with them.  Simon Cowell quizzed Melinda on if she hated every single person that she sang backing vocals for.  Simon said “Do you think fall off the stage, break your leg, and I’ll take your place?” Melinda responded “Oh goodness no, for me it’s fun and I’ve kind of always loved being in the background is my comfort zone, so that’s been my fun little place, and I can be there and they can do their thing.”   

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 12:49:58 AM »
Sean Michel, The Fidel Castro Of American Idol 6
Sean Michel is twenty-seven years old and is from Bryant, Arkansas. Before his audition, Sean said “Everybody says I look like either Osama Bin Laden or Jesus or Castro or just a homeless bum, but really I think all of us are kind of homeless when it comes down to it.  All of us are really poor inside.”

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 12:50:32 AM »
Sundance Head, Is He Headed For The American Idol 6 Finals?
Sundance Head is twenty-seven years old and is from Porter, Texas. Sundance said that his dad named him Sundance because “You know, I don’t know.  My folks are hippies, so I guess that’s how I got the name.  I don’t know, it was hell to grow up with it.”  In addition to being a hippie, Sundance’s dad was also a singer named Roy Head, who had a number song in 1965 with “Treat Her Right.”  The song got knocked off the charts by “Yesterday” by the Beatles.