General > TV Shows that are NOT Reality

Friday Night Lights

<< < (3/4) > >>

MamaTo4boys:
Did you ever round up Trevor? You can borrow my herding dogs if you need to ;) And my 3 year old is good with a lasso. Just kidding!

Rudy, you need tivo lol.

I don't know how well its going to go with it being on friday nights since its got an audience of what I would think - teenagers. Hmm.

RudyRules:
Nope, I have not rounded up Trevor.  I must do that.  We could use his feedback for FNL in this thread for sure! 

I wish I could buy a tivo, Mama, but can't right now.  Maybe Santa will be good to me & put one under my tree?  ha ha  ;)

Good point about FNL airing on Friday nites.  But other shows have made it after being moved from a different night...Ghost Whisperer/Close to Home on CBS and Monk/Pysch on USA, back to back.  I watch and record all those shows.  FNL is at 9pm MST.  I hope there's NOTHING else on Fri nite that would be a serious threat to FNL!! 

What we need to do is join FNL fan clubs & offer full support for the show, give our feedback, write letters to NBC  B:) B:)

Picket? :lol:  Well, hope it doesn't come down to that!!  Heaven forbid. :groan:

RudyRules:

--- Quote from: CeeeJay on March 16, 2007, 03:26:21 PM ---i've tried getting into it..but just couldn't...all i keep seeing the same episode of the formal everytime i turn it on!

--- End quote ---
I'm sorry CJ, I'm not sure what you mean by "same episode of the formal evertime..."  What formal??  ???  Could you elaborate please?  Thanks!  :hugs:

RudyRules:
Excerpt from an article about the Emmy noms...including FNL.

Posted: Thurs., Jul. 19, 2007, 8:05am PT

http://www.variety.com/awardcentral_article/VR1117968824.html?nav=news&categoryid=1985&cs=1

Despite being credited with launching the reality competition boom in 2000, “Survivor” has never won the Emmy for reality competition. Another CBS skein -- “The Amazing Race” -- has snagged the statuette each of the past four years.

Burnett wasn’t alone in feeling jilted by Emmy.

Expectations were low at Universal Media Studios-produced “Friday Night Lights,” with an outstanding drama nom considered a longshot. But the complete snubbing of the cast--particularly leads Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler -- is a major disappointment.  Peacock skein did manage to get nominated for helmer Peter Berg’s direction of the pilot.

“It’s incredibly rare for first year shows to get nominated,” said Universal Media Studios prexy Katherine Pope, saying she was happy to see Berg nommed and the show’s casting director recognized.

“I feel confident we’ll get a best drama nomination next year,” Pope added.

---------------
Well, that is actually rather encouraging for FNL...not only that the casting director was recognized, but that they do have a chance of getting awards for the upcoming season. 
Just hope there will be plenty of diehard viewers, even though it's on Friday night!

MamaTo4boys:
It starts 3 weeks from today!  I can't wait!!

Im really nervous about who is taking over for Coach Taylor. But im sure it will be fine, just hard to adjust to.

I had a dream that they named their son (we don't even know if its a boy or girl) Dillion. I doubt they would take it that far/cheesey hahaha!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version